Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 30, 2014 2:51 PM

May 2014
Actually, I just don't want her to become any kind of love interest; that is all.
Oct 8, 2015 8:36 AM

Oct 2014
Honestly the main character duo in this show is the worst out of all anime i've seen.

Index is a totally useless, selfless bitch that just sits around eating food and causing trouble for everyone. How many times has she almost indirectly killed touma (not that i care)? Not to mention that she doesnt even acknowledge the fact...

But the worst character award is definitely touma who spouts his rubbish ideals even though he doesn't understand what's happening half the time. Literally a walking trashcan. Characters like touma are the bane of anime and make me want to drop the show.
Dec 20, 2015 9:14 PM
May 2015
8797 said:
Honestly the main character duo in this show is the worst out of all anime i've seen.

Index is a totally useless, selfless bitch that just sits around eating food and causing trouble for everyone. How many times has she almost indirectly killed touma (not that i care)? Not to mention that she doesnt even acknowledge the fact...

But the worst character award is definitely touma who spouts his rubbish ideals even though he doesn't understand what's happening half the time. Literally a walking trashcan. Characters like touma are the bane of anime and make me want to drop the show.
He redeems himself though and louise from familiar of zero is maybe worse than index although i hate index more
Feb 20, 2016 6:08 PM

Apr 2009
hybreezy said:
MajinSaga said:

Yeah, what the hell is wrong with Leonardo DiCaprio op?

he thinks yelling a lot is acting

I'm resurrecting this thread, sorry in advance mods! Nothing wrong with him, I clearly should have made it easier to discern between the different choices. Leo is the one where you actually like her.
Feb 21, 2016 4:25 PM

Jul 2013
Rodaa said:
hybreezy said:

he thinks yelling a lot is acting

I'm resurrecting this thread, sorry in advance mods! Nothing wrong with him, I clearly should have made it easier to discern between the different choices. Leo is the one where you actually like her.

And he's gonna finally win an Oscar for a role with minimal dialogue (yelling) and mostly actual physical acting. Gee what a coincidence...
Dec 18, 2016 3:32 PM
Nov 2013
Oh. My. God. Thank you there's people that understand :,) I was actually looking for a place to rant about this! WOOOOOO!
Aside from her arc she's just a waste of a character, serving no purpose to the story than the functionality of her existence. She gets mad, bites Toma, repeat. To clarify my aforementioned comment the existence of the Grimoires is what's important to the story. Index could be narcissistic, a pervert, a shut in, etc. It wouldn't change anything. Instead she's an annoying git.
Feb 9, 2019 4:32 PM
Dec 2013
She is incredibly annoying. I want Toma to dismiss her so badly, she just treats him like crap and complains when things dont go her way. She's literally just a spoiled brat, well atleast most of the time. She does have her okay moments but that's as good as it gets with her, just ok (atleast in my opinion). She's the reason I dropped this show, that and the show's generally bad writing.
Feb 9, 2019 4:57 PM

Dec 2008
She's not the best character ever but my problem is that in Index 3 she hardly appears at all-I mean the show has her name in the title for shit's sake.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Jun 30, 2019 1:46 PM

Sep 2018
Think about putting yourself into the poor Mr.Kamijou's shoes. She bites you, eats like 80% your food,doesn't even help you with the chores when she is borrowing someone's house,gets mad for not getting food, just a name of few. So yeah, she's annoying as hell. Sorry for my broken English.
Official account of the Eastern Roman Empire
Aug 18, 2019 2:34 PM
Jul 2016
Classic_Yu said:
Think about putting yourself into the poor Mr.Kamijou's shoes. She bites you, eats like 80% your food,doesn't even help you with the chores when she is borrowing someone's house,gets mad for not getting food, just a name of few. So yeah, she's annoying as hell. Sorry for my broken English.

well... she's a kid so what you expect from a kid anyways lmao
Aug 18, 2019 2:37 PM
Jul 2016
zrdb said:
She's not the best character ever but my problem is that in Index 3 she hardly appears at all-I mean the show has her name in the title for shit's sake.

lol it was like the most favourite character for the director of Index so not appearing in S3 is means he works in a tight schedule which made him can't make thing clearer and especially for a 26 episodes he wanted more episodes but kadokawa gaved him only 2 episodes you can't really blame him S3 was supposed to be like SAO S3 but Kadokawa was like who cares lmao
Aug 19, 2019 2:23 AM
Feb 2019
For some reason she was somewhat more tolerable and complex in her personality in her own arc (first 6 episodes). You could see she truly cared for Touma's safety and didn't want to drag him into her mess. Whenever she bit him and such, it was "mostly" a reasonable reaction to whatever Touma did.

But for some reason right after episode 6, she became a leech and a bloody child throwing tantrums whenever things never went her way. Biting Touma for no reason, even in "fanservice hijinks" that weren't even his fault for stumbling into. I could totally buy her worrying for Touma in the first 6 episodes, but that statement just doesn't add up with her current personality and attitude.

If I were post amnesia Touma I would think she's bullshitting just to stay in his dorm and never think twice of kicking her out and never seeing her again. But of course Touma (the current Touma however) is just too kind. The pessimistic Touma before his memory loss would have scolded her and put her in her place.
Aug 19, 2019 5:54 AM
Jul 2016
filimaua13 said:
For some reason she was somewhat more tolerable and complex in her personality in her own arc (first 6 episodes). You could see she truly cared for Touma's safety and didn't want to drag him into her mess. Whenever she bit him and such, it was "mostly" a reasonable reaction to whatever Touma did.

But for some reason right after episode 6, she became a leech and a bloody child throwing tantrums whenever things never went her way. Biting Touma for no reason, even in "fanservice hijinks" that weren't even his fault for stumbling into. I could totally buy her worrying for Touma in the first 6 episodes, but that statement just doesn't add up with her current personality and attitude.

If I were post amnesia Touma I would think she's bullshitting just to stay in his dorm and never think twice of kicking her out and never seeing her again. But of course Touma (the current Touma however) is just too kind. The pessimistic Touma before his memory loss would have scolded her and put her in her place.

it's also she doesn't know he's in amnesia though so anything he says she'll think he's fooling her
Aug 28, 2019 6:52 AM
Jan 2018
You are absolutely right. I quit watching İndex in 8th episode and started watching again after i watched railgun and only because i wanted to see misaka mikoto more and her relationship with touma
Sep 7, 2019 4:21 PM

Sep 2018
todd2580 said:
Classic_Yu said:

I think 14 years old is old enough to behave in someone's house. Even if she had her memories erased every year, she would still know that biting people is not the answer.
Sep 7, 2019 4:32 PM

May 2018
Classic_Yu said:
todd2580 said:

I think 14 years old is old enough to behave in someone's house. Even if she had her memories erased every year, she would still know that biting people is not the answer.

iirc Index is 16 years old lol
Sep 8, 2019 2:59 AM
Jul 2016
Classic_Yu said:
todd2580 said:

lol well as i said she's thinks that toma bothers her by purpose while he's in amnesia so he don't that just wondering what she says sometimes or try to be like he isn't in amnesia so she don't have any doubts about that she can might be annoying for biting him every time in a while but still, she's cute and kind too also i know that's might be weird but i think the baiting thing is at least something interactable between the characters but not in a bad way
todd2580Sep 8, 2019 3:08 AM
Sep 8, 2019 2:20 PM

Sep 2018
Only_Brad said:
Classic_Yu said:

iirc Index is 16 years old lol

"Age:14-15[1]" -https://toarumajutsunoindex.fandom.com/wiki/Index_Librorum_Prohibitorum
Sep 8, 2019 2:40 PM

Jun 2017
I think you've mistaken it with Kamijou Touma...
Sep 15, 2019 1:25 PM
Jul 2016
mhkr said:
I think you've mistaken it with Kamijou Touma...

lol he isn't you just don't get him so you hate him for no reason
Sep 23, 2019 12:35 PM

Jun 2019
She's a small, cute loli but she's also a freeloader
Nov 14, 2019 9:50 AM
Oct 2019
I damn gave this anime a shot.
Horrible sorry. It went to my nerves. Man, i can't tell if this seinen anime is made for a limp dicked manchild who spits crap ignoring wrong things he does just to make him feel like he's the hero (i'm pointing the concept of the anime). i mean an average shonen is far better than this. I hope they did more comedy so it could be more bearable. Those characters are so lame af specially index the hell for what reason she has her name on the title like railgun and accelerator (those two are much better though) It could stay good as a book but not as an anime

Man complex plot is awesome if you know how to execute it and its definitely not like how this anime does it.
May 14, 2020 5:48 PM

Jan 2020
She's annoying at times but also kinda cute if you ask me. Not the most annoying character (that would be Sakura Sakurakoji from Code:Breaker for me) but definitely down there in the lower tiers for me.
Jan 11, 2022 10:49 AM
Nov 2014
Index & Koroko are arguably the WORST in all of anime. (Up there with dumbboy Shinji (NGE) & idiot Shirou (FSN). Obviously just my opinion but still im glad that im not the only one.
Dec 6, 2023 11:04 PM
Aug 2020
Man if I could punch on her face so hard !!! Total piece of shit
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Nov 8, 2008

200 by whitebeartigtig »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2008

151 by whitebeartigtig »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Oct 25, 2008

157 by whitebeartigtig »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Oct 18, 2008

159 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 2:30 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Oct 11, 2008

204 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 2:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.