Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 13, 2009 11:25 PM

Mar 2008
I'm quite surprised that there hasn't been any discussions regarding this great manhwa.

Its focus on World War I aircrafts as well as its use of sketchlines were something that piqued my interest. The plot line is slow at first but it gradually picks up. Some of the downsides to Anuki is the fact that many things are left out and there isn't a whole lot of character development for the rest of the cast except for its main protagonist. I would have liked had the author gone a lot more deeper regarding the conflict between Khsantra and Laikadia.

It leaves a lot of loose ends but despite this, I didn't mind it at all. Afterall the title of the manhwa is "Anuki: The Greatest Epic of a Young Boy." Its focus is primarily on him, so in a sense, it was expected for the author to leave a lot of things up to the readers imagination.

I might be the only on who feels this way, but I enjoyed it a lot.
Oct 4, 2009 4:32 PM
Oct 2009
It's not that it's a bad story or unapproachable, just that it took awhile for the artist to develop his own distinct style which made the art seem incredibly boring. I thought it was an okay story, but the creator cut it off at the end of the best story arc, explicitly saying he left a lot of loose ends to insure he might be able to make a sequel. The story finally became interesting for me and it just felt like a let down. Absolutely nothing in the story was resolved. That's just bad story telling.
Jan 18, 2010 12:38 AM
Jan 2010
I very much enjoyed anuki, I read it when it first came out on OM so It's been a while, but I realy enjoyed the manga and am hoping for a sequel.
Jul 23, 2010 12:48 AM

Feb 2010
I loved it so much!! been a while since i read it, and the ending left me wanting for more. your right Azriel, there's lots left unanswered, but it's still an awesome manhwa.
Oct 9, 2014 12:35 PM

Sep 2009
This is one of the best, most underrated manhwa I've ever read. The story sucks you in so much by the time you realize it you're already on the last volume.
Sep 5, 2015 2:17 PM

Oct 2013
did this manhwa get cancelled or what?The ending felt premature and rushed. I was defintely into the story but damn it was too short for its own good. could have at least 50 or so more chapters to flesh out the characters more.

Not killing off the dad n shit. Th whole point was for them to meet again and he died? Thats fkn shite imo. The princess seemed really pointless now. She seemed to bbe someone that had a huge ass story for her but it was cut out.

In fact a lot of the characters felt they could have been fleshed out more.

Was a fun read but the ending ruined it for me. was easily an 8.5 for me but now its a 7
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Jun 1, 2016 9:50 AM

Jun 2015
My thoughts on this manhwa? It could have been more in my opinion. I like it was in a very old era.

It felt really rushed as others before me have pointed out. You can tell that not much has been put into majority of the characters but oh well. Apart from the MC, Merald and who else? Jyang? We never get any deep backstory on any other person. Even the MC's father is shun most of the series.

I'm left like 'well damn, this could be so much more but it's exactly like every other short lived work which never proved itself'.

As a person who's not into the romance genre, I'm happy this never focused on that as the times don't permit it.

I don't know, this could have been a light 8 or strong 7 if it was done better (a 6 if the art was great). For me, overall this manhwa is a 5. Fun read though

Been more than 10 years and you still expect us to wait on more huh, Anuki author? I'll be damned smh. I guess it's unto the next one for me.
'Life is full of ups and downs, trials and tribulations, successes and disappointments. Think positive always and never allow disappointments drag you down. Hell! Disappoint anyone and everyone, but never and I repeat, NEVER disappoint yourself'.
Dec 9, 2017 10:54 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I didn't enjoy it as much as I believed I would. The whole setting and premise were interesting, but the execution... As most have already said, it was rushed. Not just the ending, but from the middle of it, it felt like it was speeding and skipping things, which in turn made me less immersed and kept thinking what a shame it was. The ending was just the cherry on top really, but at least it was emotional and something we did expect more or less, but since the pacing was bad, it feels way too off.

I wouldn't really want a sequel of it, but rather a reboot. It has enough content to last for more volumes and characters you can actually feel something about them. A sequel on top of a rushed series just doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

I gave it a 5, because almost everything felt half-done and just the setting can't save it. Too bad really :(
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.