Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 12, 2021 8:14 PM

Aug 2018
"Aoki-sama, the underdog hunter, is gonna show you how to polish off guys who don't stand a chance!" XDDD

Im hyped to see Gero-michi get destroyed! Hell yeah!!

Dec 7, 2021 3:26 PM

Dec 2007
dunno why, but though yamada had been clear in his intentions it's only making him worse, i would prefer his whole new appearance wouldn't be for show, but now i don't have any respect for yamada to going so far and shave his eyebrows and such. he look muscles and all with personality of little kid. i hate this.

and no cliffhanger of this series so far had made me intense like the first series did...
Jan 10, 2023 4:57 AM

Apr 2022
'i never taught him how to take the belt.' yes serious ippo ftw.
interesting lore drop from the journalist chick.
but they tried to make me sympathize with geromichi and it didn't work, hope he gets packed up fr.
Mar 20, 2023 4:57 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Epic comeback. “I never taught him how to take the belt” so good XD
Aug 9, 2023 5:16 AM
Jan 2021
Bro what is up with Yamada? Like damn bruh, what's the beef?
Jan 21, 5:14 AM

Dec 2010
I have to say that I really miss how matches were starting before the end of an episode in S1 and we weren't left hanging till "next week" without getting a single punch in. I knew that it was a product of its time and that it would never fly in a modern production, but I enjoyed it while it lasted.

As far as Yamada goes, I'm seriously disappointed that he's yet another one-off that's going to feed Ippo's record and retire after finding fulfilment in not folding after a single punch of his. It feels even more off this time, because while Yamada started off as a gag character, he could still be handled better in his pro career run. Just shelve him in some random category nobody cares about, or even better, make him the champion of Aoki's category which would be hilarious.
Retiring after this match doesn't really make Ippo look like a very good senpai, his juniour basically gets beaten a ton and retired in his 9th match? I get that this match would give him a closure and allow him to move on in "real life" but we don't really know anything about his situation outside the ring, unlike Sanada with his doctor career.
And I find it weird that this is happening at the exact time when Ippo is getting a new juniour looking after him, and he's an actual young hopeful. But maybe the resolution of the match will connect the dots in the end.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ParaParaJMo - Mar 17, 2009

66 by UncleWinkleDink »»
Apr 22, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

superjesus - Mar 9, 2009

64 by UncleWinkleDink »»
Apr 21, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ParaParaJMo - Apr 21, 2009

75 by Meritas »»
Mar 16, 4:50 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ParaParaJMo - Jun 16, 2009

139 by DiomarBrasindo »»
Feb 1, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KY791 - Jan 13, 2009

67 by Meritas »»
Dec 26, 2023 4:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.