Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 19, 2021 6:49 AM

May 2016
Date was so close yet so far when it came to beating Martinez but at least his skill and tenacity was fully acknowledged by the monstrous champion.

Ippo's journey to surpass Date and carry his dreams to the top on his behalf has finally begun. That baton pass had me tearing up...

Aug 12, 2021 7:01 PM

Aug 2018
Wow, I knew Date would lose... but I didnt expect this all to be so meaningful.... Very nice episode :D

Dec 6, 2021 2:56 PM

Dec 2007
no matter what kind of logic martinedz had for not being stopped by the crocksqrew, even if date's hand wasn't broken and he still dodges would would be convenience, martinez is that strong. no, even if date was able to punch him there he wouldn't beat him, if ippo managed to contained it so martinez lol.
the problem is with this battle writing, martinez were draw too OP, you just can't give date some kind of power-up like ippo does and beat him, martinez written as OP and only super OP character will fight him no one could beat him lol.
so yeah the whole battle end was pretty anticipated for me lol, didn't felt the tense here...

date fighting for his wife didn't worked for me sorry.

the button pass on the other hand was very emotionally.
Apr 29, 2022 10:48 AM

Dec 2018
damn dude, them feels. almost cried for unknown reasons
Jan 10, 2023 4:10 AM

Apr 2022
date eiji's reason for fighting is very realistic, gotta rate it. also gotta respect the world champion, bros the ideal man.
also, date eiji finally passes the baton to ippo.
Feb 12, 2023 12:19 PM
Jul 2022
DATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
May 23, 2023 5:57 AM

Jan 2021
Baton Pass… you really hate to see it Date was amazing it’s all up to Ippo now
May 30, 2023 4:09 AM
Jul 2021
dante gogogoggogog
Jun 9, 2023 5:35 AM

Jul 2021
goddamn making me cry over fucking boxing

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 19, 2023 3:26 PM
Aug 2022
Date-san was awesome against Ricardo Fernandez, the fight was gripping !!
It was really amazing and when Date gave the follow up to Ippo. It was very emotional, I got chills !!!
Incredible episode !!!!!
Dec 11, 2023 11:11 PM

Sep 2022
Even though the last corck-screw punch worked it might have made a difference of scretch in Martinez's face. After all he did have any after the whole match, that was the difference. I knew Date wasn't up for it from the very beginning.
Jan 14, 7:06 AM

Dec 2010
I (almost) never binge episodes, especially when it's my weekend Sports title, but it was impossible for me stop before seeing the resolution of this match. I'm hard pressed to think that I was ever more on the edge of my seat than when watching this match, despite it being fictional. If I had to bet, maybe only a couple of the times when a final match of my Kendo team was deciding if we're moving up the bracket or not can compare to this.

I also like the response of Ippo to Date's son, I respect a guy who does not make baseless claims or claims that he doesn't clearly believe in (not to be confused with lack of confidence).

Unfortunately I have to say that I'm not looking forward to Ippo's match with Martinez - the World Champion isn't a really interesting opponent in my eyes, while he does have a flawless form and is in perfect shape, he didn't show anything special in the toughest match of life nonetheless. I guess that it's actually the best style one could strive for, but it's just not very engaging to watch from the sides.
Feb 21, 12:59 PM
Mar 2023
thank you Eiji Date for giving everything the best you could :(
Feb 25, 4:04 AM

Aug 2018
Damn it, how many great and memorable fights will this show continue to give us. Its really as they say Martinez is both God and Devil at the same time, poor Dante pretty much got served himself a retirement match but it kinda always felt like this was coming
Apr 21, 7:46 PM
Feb 2023
This is prime Hajime no Ippo. I never expected Eiji to lose, and the match was thrilling from the outset. Setting up Ricardo as an impossible foe against Ippo by making him curbstomp the former Japanese Champion in Date is extremely clever and has me pumped to keep watching.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ParaParaJMo - Mar 17, 2009

66 by UncleWinkleDink »»
Apr 22, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ParaParaJMo - Apr 21, 2009

75 by Meritas »»
Mar 16, 4:50 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ParaParaJMo - Jun 16, 2009

139 by DiomarBrasindo »»
Feb 1, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ParaParaJMo - Mar 10, 2009

55 by Meritas »»
Jan 21, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KY791 - Jan 13, 2009

67 by Meritas »»
Dec 26, 2023 4:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.