Forum Settings
Forums

Question: Is there a ranking that rates only currently airing Anime?

New
Nov 18, 2013 8:44 AM

Apr 2013
More specifically: I'm looking for a website/group here on MAL/forum thread that uses MAL rating to rank only currently airing anime.

The best thing I found was a graph that some1 posted where it shows how many dropped a certain airing anime. How was it measured? It showed the differences between the amount of people that downloaded* the 1st episode on a series and the 5th episode.

Would be very thankfull for any leads.

*downloads from nyaa

Further you may discuss ratings on current series here.
Nov 18, 2013 8:46 AM

Mar 2012
You could try with FAL, they sometimes put the average ratings, users dropped, etc. of the current season.
Nov 18, 2013 9:23 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
While we do collect stats about currently airing anime for FAL, there are some restrictions: we don't publish all stats in all weeks, only when they are counted according to the rules, and we usually blacklist some series and then don't collect the stats for them. And we rank the series according to the rules which are different in each week, for example sometimes we include score, sometimes we include dropped, etc. and it's different for each week.

I think this is what OP might be looking for: Anime Rating Stats
I haven't used the site, but it seems they're collecting all kinds of stats about currently airing anime on a weekly basis, you can see different graphs, and you can even compare several series. Seems it's a bit complicated if you want to get a ranking only for currently airing anime, seems you have to add these series all to the comparison, but maybe there's an easier way, as I said, I haven't used the site.
LunaNov 18, 2013 9:31 AM
Nov 18, 2013 9:31 AM

Aug 2012
Not sure if this even remotely answers what you're looking for, but this weird-looking search I save orders currently airing anime by popularity. Popularity being how many people have it on their list as ptw, dropped, on hold, or watching/completed. Well it's not by currently airing, more like anime that started airing after a certain month, anyway.

Nov 18, 2013 11:40 AM

Apr 2013
Thanks for the replies!

Luna_ : eventhough it's not using MAL ratings, that website shows exactly what I was looking for.

MellowJello : Your unorthodox query on the search bar is showing the scores, too so it's basically a hand-made ranking. Good job.

Thanks again everyone.
Nov 18, 2013 12:00 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
@Xandersson: It is using MAL ratings, for more information see here (the link is a bit hidden if your browser resolution isn't high enough).
LunaNov 18, 2013 12:04 PM
Nov 19, 2013 11:59 AM

Apr 2012
Ah, there's the culprit for the recent increase in hits.

Luna_ said:
I think this is what OP might be looking for: Anime Rating Stats
I haven't used the site, but it seems they're collecting all kinds of stats about currently airing anime on a weekly basis, you can see different graphs, and you can even compare several series. Seems it's a bit complicated if you want to get a ranking only for currently airing anime, seems you have to add these series all to the comparison, but maybe there's an easier way, as I said, I haven't used the site.

Surprisingly enough, I always thought comparing anime was pretty straight forward and not confusing:
You add only anime that you want by typing the name or MAL id in and you can directly compare the rating from episode to episode (I planned to add ranking, drops, plan to watch etc later). But I read more than once in the same context that it is "a bit confusing" even though it shouldn't be.
Well, since it is a feature that is basically never used, I don't really feel the need to improve it, rather like removing it altogether.
A further step in that direction is the ability to switch between the display of lists and charts in Topical Season, Airing and Top Rated with the icons on the top left.
I like that better anyway.

However, the site is more focused on ratings than rankings, so it's not that easy to display all rankings at once but they are somehow connected, so if you see a high rating it has a high ranking. But as a replacement for compare in the future some charts with one criteria on all airing anime could be nice instead. So, you choose Rank and you'll see a chart with all airing anime and their ranking. Considering the different episode count that might look confusing at the end and it costs a lot of database queries. Might experiment a bit when I get the time to do so..
Nov 19, 2013 6:18 PM

Jun 2007
Not MAL ratings, but this list might work.

More topics from this board

» Opinions on the state of the BL genre? ( 1 2 )

decco6226 - May 2

63 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
1 minute ago

» Why do some people watch anime in 1.5x or 2x speed?

Rinrinka - 54 minutes ago

7 by LostSpectre »»
2 minutes ago

» Best official subs for og Naruto?

TheQuench - 5 minutes ago

0 by TheQuench »»
5 minutes ago

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems? ( 1 2 3 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 2

107 by camay1997 »»
12 minutes ago

» What are the modern beginner-friendly Anime for each genre?

Dragevard - 39 minutes ago

3 by MogKnight »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.