Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2013 8:40 PM

Apr 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Blue blue rain, in my soul... as I finish this anime.

Overall Genesis Climber Mospeada was a sometimes chaotic ride with not much of a plot, but pretty fun nonetheless. It had loveable main characters, lots of interesting side characters. Mecha action lacked details, but still felt great because of the charismatic designs of the mospeadas and of the Inbits (mechs and bases). Plus this adventurous feel of traveling around the world. And to top it off, a good funky OST and bgm. In my opinion this show deserves to be remembered.
EratiKOct 31, 2013 5:28 AM
May 23, 2016 1:13 PM

Jan 2012
Mospeada is so awesome!... Artwork, story, music... everything!
Dec 6, 2017 4:09 PM

May 2017
Honestly this felt underwhelming compared to the Robotech version. So Stig goes back to Mars Base, leaves poor Aisha for what reason?
Jul 28, 2019 12:54 PM
May 2012
Yellow: "Can u leave the earth Mrs. Inbit?"
Inbit: "No."
10 min later.
Inbit: "Ok, We're out."
Wtf xD

Stig leaves Aisha, after he went for her. And then throw away Marlene's pendant ... Wtf Stig, I liked you :P

Dissapointing episode again. No good battle scenes. The last song was AWFUL. Like all the songs.

But I liked the idea of Inbits staying on the earth. Gonna check if there is a sequel in manga.

And gonna look for that Robotech song that didn't appear in Mospeada ><

Gonna say 8/10 :)

The song was "Look Up the Sky is Falling" by Michael Bradley.
I love it ><
Just listened to the Robotech opening, it was amazing too ><
The Robotech OST is year lights better than the original series :o
urdurJul 28, 2019 1:27 PM
Nov 21, 2019 12:38 PM

Aug 2012
The ending to this series seemed sorta rushed and in some aspects disappointing but at least Ray and Houquet seem close to becoming if not already an item, which is nice as there dynamic was my favourite part of the show.

But the whole Inbit just deciding to leave Earth at the last minute instead of coming to some sort of arrangement was a bit bizarre, all the Aisha stuff and the other Inbit girl stuff led me to believe that was where the plot was heading. I wonder if Stig is really going back to Mars? I would presume not considering he gave up the pendant, I wonder if he is circling around the Moon and coming back or something. Jim does point at the Moon with Aisha so maybe? Side note on Stig but until the last few episodes I honestly thought his Fiance was going to be alive somewhere, I mean we never did see 100% proof they had died in eps 1. There did seem to be a door left open on that should they had wanted her to return at some point in the story.

Speaking of the Story I think it's fair to say that the plot of Mospeada is pretty weak. Even for shows of this time period I feel like this series is paper thin in terms of story development. We get the odd thing here and there, mainly Aisha joining the crew but even her origins are rarely explored in the second half until we get to the last few episodes. I mean the plot is Stig lands on earth as the sole survivor of his crew but decides to continue his mission to Reach Point, he meets some ex soldiers and civilians along the way and fights a whole bunch of Inbits. With a light sprinkling of world and character development thrown in every now and then among all the fighting. Only reaching his destination with 2 episodes to spare. Overall the Story is 'fine' but it certainly wasn't very engaging throughout and I did struggle in the middle of the show at times.

I liked the animation of the show and I think the Mospeadas were really cool, worthy of have the show named after them. The OP was awesome but the ED grated on me after while, I liked it's 15 years early Cowboy Bebop style but I ended up skipping it occasionally. The Soundtrack itself was nothing to get excited about though and honestly most of Yellow's songs were bad, except maybe the bike freak song...maybe?

I'm happy I've FINALLY seen Genesis Climber Mospeada, I've never seen Robotech so this was my first time with this series I've heard so much about in any capacity and yeah I'm glad I've made my way through it and I liked it, especially the early episodes but with a slow middle and a paper thin story I think the show is just Fine overall. A Classic in terms of its status but not the greatest show of its era that's for sure, well imo anyway.

6/10

More topics from this board

» Genesis Climber Mospeada Genesis Breaker

IKKIsama - Aug 3, 2020

0 by IKKIsama »»
Aug 3, 2020 10:09 AM

Poll: » Genesis Climber Mospeada Episode 23 Discussion

EratiK - Oct 30, 2013

2 by BlaizeV »»
Nov 21, 2019 11:15 AM

Poll: » Genesis Climber Mospeada Episode 2 Discussion

Dodecahedron-O24 - Feb 28, 2010

5 by Dzentelmen2 »»
Nov 3, 2019 7:00 AM

Poll: » Kikou Souseiki Mospeada Episode 24 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Nov 23, 2015

1 by urdur »»
Jul 28, 2019 12:18 PM

Poll: » Kikou Souseiki Mospeada Episode 22 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Nov 19, 2015

1 by urdur »»
Jul 28, 2019 10:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.