Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 27, 2013 11:46 AM
Jun 2013
My Idea for a new action/adventure series:

History/Background:

During the earliest forms of human civilization, a world separate from ours was lead by the six legendary Titans: Hyperion of the sun and light, Akavari of the shadows and darkness, Ophilia of the Earth, Athena of the Wind, Zeus of Lightning, and finally, Ixion of Fire and Water. A struggle between the six to see who was fit to be King/Queen of Titans resulted in an eternal clash known as the War for the True Ruler. The reason why the Titans never fought directly is unknown, but each of these Titans had an influence on ranging numbers of humans who became known their followers. Each group of followers formed armies and countries representing one of the six legendary Titans. They fought against other armies and whichever army achieved victory, the Titan they represent will be named the King or Queen of the Titans. Hyperion's followers were known masters of the day, they fought in large numbers using teamwork and the light to their advantage. The followers of Akavari were known to use the shadows and attack in small groups while their enemy was off guard. The followers of Ophilia were best at close range combat, as they didn't need any weapons due to their strong bodies and bending the Earth to their will. Zeus' armies were known to be masters of long range combat, using the lightning to power their spears, cannons, arrows, and more. Athena's followers were the masters of in air and also the quickest, using the wind to increase their speed and kill the enemy with swift attacks. Finally, the followers of Ixion, though having the smallest numbers, they were considered the most dangerous. Each of them were powerful individuals with control over either Fire or Water, they often fought alone as mercenaries with a reputation of causing mass destruction whrere ever they went.

As time went by, the Titans clashed with their armies, blood was spilled, wars were fought and there emerged no true victor. After several years of constant war, the humans grew weary and started to lose their will to fight. They decided that it was not worth living only to fight. Along with the humans, the Titans also started to grow weary of constant war. A temporary Alliance was formed between the five Titans with the exception Ixion. The War for the True Ruler became a stalemate and the Titans met in what was named the Solstice Meeting and debated about peaceful negotiations and about who will be named the Leader of Titans. In the end there was no true leader but each Titan agreed to divide the world into five and strip away Ixion's name as one of the Legendary Titans. Peace was finally achieved and the War for the True Ruler had come to an end. What happened during the meeting and the whereabouts of Ixion and his followers remained a mystery.

Though they had finally come to an agreement and peace was achieved, the Titans felt a lack of spirit now that their battle was over. As time passed by, any human who had experienced the true power of a Titan had passed away due to old age, and thus, the existence of the Six Legendary Titans became a mere legend. And though it was considered a Taboo at first, people began to practice the Fire and Water Arts which originated from Ixion due to their craving for power and the Taboo was removed but none were able to master the ability of Fire and Water simultaneously.

Countries were then lead by powerful individuals who had master all the Titan Arts or mastered one to its very peak through at least a century of training, they were considered to have power equivalent to a god. The it continued like this for the next few centuries.

Our story starts back in our world as we mark the beginning of 2013 on our calendars across the world, a new era begins as the two worlds collide and the Titans begin to emerge again. Throughout the story we will find out what actually happened during the Solstice Meeting and what some of the power-hungry humans were up to.

That's what I have down so far, just a background for the actual story which I will start on based on the feedback. I put all the ideas from the feedback into the story and it really helped clarify so thanks.
Oct 27, 2013 5:57 PM

Oct 2012
Good luck on making it real. Actually, I have a few anime ideas myself, but they're pretty much lamer than yours. I'm not saying your idea is lame; I'm saying mine are compared to yours.
Oct 27, 2013 9:32 PM

Oct 2013
I wrote down my ideas in your old topic if you'd like to give that a read. The background doesn't seem to matter all that much if you now have people that can control all the arts. And why are the titans coming back?
Oct 28, 2013 11:46 AM
Jun 2013
Daktoa said:
I wrote down my ideas in your old topic if you'd like to give that a read. The background doesn't seem to matter all that much if you now have people that can control all the arts. And why are the titans coming back?

The background should matter 'cause we know where the powers originated from, if I said people were magically able to master a bunch of random powers magically that would confuse the reader. And notice how I said that the Titans became a legend based on the humans forgetting about them, this meant that the Titans were never gone, how they will return will be clearer when I explain the plot.
Oct 28, 2013 12:38 PM

Dec 2010
ryntrn said:
My Idea for a new action/adventure series:

History/Background:

During the earliest forms of human civilization, a world separate from ours was lead by the six legendary Titans: Hyperion of the sun and light, Akavari of the shadows and darkness, Ophilia of the Earth, Athena of the Wind, Zeus of Lightning, and finally, Ixion of Fire and Water. A struggle between the six to see who was fit to be King/Queen of Titans resulted in an eternal clash known as the War for the True Ruler. The reason why the Titans never fought directly is unknown, but each of these Titans had an influence on ranging numbers of humans who became known their followers. Each group of followers formed armies and countries representing one of the six legendary Titans.

Why athena for wind? Athena is traditionally the goddess of wisdom...you should get another name for that. And one titan over both fire and water, traditionally opposing elements, is kind of weird.

"War of the True Ruler" is a little too literal and lame.

Titans never fought directly because doing so would destroy the world? Instead of leaving it as "unknown"

And soltice meeting reeks of percy jackson and the olympians.
Oct 29, 2013 5:56 AM
Jun 2013
Pknoctis said:
Why athena for wind? Athena is traditionally the goddess of wisdom...you should get another name for that. And one titan over both fire and water, traditionally opposing elements, is kind of weird.

Yeah I'll change the name for Athena if it causes that much confusion but I don't see the big deal. Also the point of having a Titan that controls Fire and Water is BECAUSE they're opposing elements, it makes the power more interesting than just Fire or just Water.

Pknoctis said:
"War of the True Ruler" is a little too literal and lame. And soltice meeting reeks of percy jackson and the olympians.

Remember they're just names, you're paying too much attention to the little details and if it's that bad, I'll change it for sure. But try to give me feedback on the story as a whole

Titans never fought directly because doing so would destroy the world? Instead of leaving it as "unknown"

That't way too cliche, I'll think of something better when I start on the plot.

Anyways thanks for the feedback, but give me feedback about the story itself and not just the names or small details.
Oct 29, 2013 12:13 PM

Aug 2012
Think about it a little if all the elements were in conflict how were the humans well.. um humans? Humans contained at least light and darkness you know the balance in each human as a soul, every human is born with equal light and darkness in its soul, but the individual chooses his path... eh wadayathink?

Fire and Water FIRE TSUNAMI(with the risk of repeating myself) whatever

Ophilia? more like Ophelia? dunno

The story lacks the "it" factor like, what triggers the war?
Also you mentioned some people practicing fire and water magic, this involves belief and, in so, it means also summoning Ixion and thus having him gain all the power(if we follow logic)
You need something good to trigger that "holy war"
Just my opinion, and try to see how do you build the human's relationship to the gods.
Oct 29, 2013 12:15 PM

Mar 2013
Come up with names that are original. More like godly names. That way, you wouldn't confuse your readers too much. Most people are quite knowledgeable 'bout greek/roman gods & goddesses. I am a fan of greek mythology so this leaves me unsatisfied or... jeez can't put it to words but... just change the name maybe.

Btw, this kind of story fits an MMO story. Factions that have their unique abilities. (Actually fan of Aion Online too. It's main storyline is quite intriguing that it made me make another character just to do all the quests while reading every one of them. Surprisingly, the stories were superb.

I would like to know more about the story btw. The story when the time the people were still at war then the Solstice Meeting. (sounds like Naruto to me.)
Also, making Ixion like doing something behind the scenes which causes the other Titans' demise. But you can always make it a Mystery story where in 2013, "Your character(s)" is/are eager to know the reason behind the Titans' death. Little did they know that they were gradually reviving. Then you could put some twist in there. Like the 5 titans were really plotting something bad that made Ixion and his people cut their connection from the 5 or something even more interesting.

Just suggesting. This may kindle some of your ideas.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2013 2:36 AM

Jan 2013
my idea for anime/manga/novel/movie/tv series which i came up with when i was 12:

in 1992... russia develops secret weapon to destroy america
but
it goes out of control and takes on a mind of its own... the weapon replicates itself, and starts flying across the world and crushing cities with its power...

40 years on... the world is a dystopian wasteland... only a few humans in the world remain, and a small group bands together to travel across the world to stop... the evil that is...

TETRIS
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Oct 30, 2013 7:38 AM
Jun 2013
itazuranamelody said:
Good luck on making it real. Actually, I have a few anime ideas myself, but they're pretty much lamer than yours. I'm not saying your idea is lame; I'm saying mine are compared to yours.

Don't give up. I checked your ideas out, they're more of a supernatural/drama we shouldn't be comparing it to a action/adventure. And if you're really motivated and keep improving your idea it might just become an anime/mange. Guess we both need good luck on making our ideas real.
Oct 30, 2013 7:54 AM
Jun 2013
Scatto said:
Think about it a little if all the elements were in conflict how were the humans well.. um humans? Humans contained at least light and darkness you know the balance in each human as a soul, every human is born with equal light and darkness in its soul, but the individual chooses his path... eh wadayathink?

No, the Titans granted the power to humans, did I not mention that? And the light/dark thing you're saying sounds more abstract, you know. Light/Dark powers would be like having a blinding power where everything in the enemy's vision is too bright to see or traveling through shadows, literally.

Scatto said:
Fire and Water FIRE TSUNAMI(with the risk of repeating myself) whatever

Ophilia? more like Ophelia? dunno

The story lacks the "it" factor like, what triggers the war?
Also you mentioned some people practicing fire and water magic, this involves belief and, in so, it means also summoning Ixion and thus having him gain all the power(if we follow logic)
You need something good to trigger that "holy war"
Just my opinion, and try to see how do you build the human's relationship to the gods.

The conflict to decide the leader triggers the war. And the humans start practicing the Fire Water powers on their own after the Titans disappear. But I just realized that the humans randomly got the Fire and Water powers without an explanation, I'll need to work on that Thanks for the heads up. And the whole story will revolve around re exploring the relationship between the Titans and humans.
Oct 30, 2013 8:00 AM
Jun 2013
Onyxus said:
Come up with names that are original. More like godly names. That way, you wouldn't confuse your readers too much. Most people are quite knowledgeable 'bout greek/roman gods & goddesses. I am a fan of greek mythology so this leaves me unsatisfied or... jeez can't put it to words but... just change the name maybe.

Yeah I'll change the names if they cause that much confusion. But what type of names would be good?

Onyxus said:
I would like to know more about the story btw. The story when the time the people were still at war then the Solstice Meeting. (sounds like Naruto to me.)
Also, making Ixion like doing something behind the scenes which causes the other Titans' demise. But you can always make it a Mystery story where in 2013, "Your character(s)" is/are eager to know the reason behind the Titans' death. Little did they know that they were gradually reviving. Then you could put some twist in there. Like the 5 titans were really plotting something bad that made Ixion and his people cut their connection from the 5 or something even more interesting.

Yeah I'm working on the real plot. Also you're on the right track about the characters working to find out about the Titans. But remember I said the humans just forgot the Titans, which means they're can still be around, anyways, I left that as a mystery on purpose so I can tie the story into it.

More topics from this board

» Aspiring Writer Looking for Feedback

YungStairwell - Yesterday

0 by YungStairwell »»
Yesterday, 10:38 PM

» Violin repertoire progression 1 month

ToastWithNutella - May 6

2 by Alriven »»
Yesterday, 10:23 PM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

371 by Just_Augos »»
Yesterday, 10:02 PM

» Anime hoodies - Would you wear it ?

abambata - Apr 17

5 by mo_lave »»
Yesterday, 7:38 PM

» Share an ai anime pic

NowOldCow - Dec 6, 2023

20 by DesuMaiden »»
Yesterday, 10:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.