Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 9, 2013 7:11 PM
Jun 2013
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya I (Season 1)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya II (Season 1)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya III (Season 1)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya IV (Season 1)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya V (Season 1)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya VI (Season 1)
The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya (Season 1)
Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody (Season 2)
Mystérique Sign (Season 1)
Remote Island Syndrome I (Season 1)
Remote Island Syndrome II (Season 1)
Endless Eight (Season 2)
Endless Eight (Season 2)
Endless Eight (Season 2)
Endless Eight (Season 2)
Endless Eight (Season 2)
Endless Eight (Season 2)
Endless Eight (Season 2)
Endless Eight (Season 2)
The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya I (Season 2)
The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya II (Season 2)
The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya III (Season 2)
The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya IV (Season 2)
The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya V (Season 2)
The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00 (Season 1)
Live Alive (Season 1)
The Day of Sagittarius (Season 1)
Someday in the Rain (Season 1)
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (Theatrical Film)

-

I am currently watching Episode 14, the third episode of Endless Eight
I plan to skip to Episode 19 if there is nothing interesting happening during 15-18
But is it wise to do so?
Those who watched all Episodes of Endless Eight, do you recommend watching it? Or is it just some filler episodes that best to do is just to skip it?
Oct 9, 2013 7:24 PM

Sep 2012
No, it's not worth watching and it single handedly dropped this anime's average score by a whole point probably. Watch the first and last episode of Endless Eight and be done with it.
Oct 9, 2013 7:28 PM

Aug 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5JT6rQ-3hk&t=14

Endless Eight in a nutshell.

By the way,
Hi and welcome to MAL!
Please be civil and enjoy your stay~
Oct 9, 2013 7:29 PM

Dec 2011
no that is all
text27 said:
yes if you read the whole thing...robots will only kill the people you put in-front of them so yeah.

RandomChampion said:
u were that homie in the thong werent u
Oct 9, 2013 10:00 PM
Jun 2013
Reverb_Shock said:
No, it's not worth watching and it single handedly dropped this anime's average score by a whole point probably. Watch the first and last episode of Endless Eight and be done with it.

Cheers, mate! :)
Oct 9, 2013 10:02 PM
Jun 2013
MellowJello said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5JT6rQ-3hk&t=14

Endless Eight in a nutshell.

By the way,
Hi and welcome to MAL!
Please be civil and enjoy your stay~

Thank you, oh um, I checked your profile, it managed to display more than five favourite animes, that is interesting, wondered how you did it. :D
Oct 9, 2013 10:04 PM

May 2008
Skip to the final episode of Endless Eight, i think that's worth a watch.
Oct 9, 2013 10:06 PM

Nov 2010
Watch it becuase it's a part of the series, but that's all. It's literally the same day just with slight differences. I didn't like it at all. If you want to watch it fast, here's the whole thing at once.

Theresonly1cryo said:
Thank you, oh um, I checked your profile, it managed to display more than five favourite animes, that is interesting, wondered how you did it. :D
He exploited a glitch, don't bother trying to do it. You won't be able to for a long while probably.
Oct 10, 2013 1:53 AM
Jun 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Watch it becuase it's a part of the series, but that's all. It's literally the same day just with slight differences. I didn't like it at all. If you want to watch it fast, here's the whole thing at once.

Theresonly1cryo said:
He exploited a glitch, don't bother trying to do it. You won't be able to for a long while probably.

That is so interesting! All in one, very nice, thank you!
Oct 12, 2013 9:01 PM
Oct 2012
the only thing relevant in the endless eight is the fact that nagato repeated 2 weeks about 15,000 times. the amounts to about 575 years of repetition of witch she remembers it all and can not do anything about. this drives her to develop feelings of frustration, anger, lonely, ext. these emotions are amplified and the results are shown in the disappearance of haruhi suzumia. it was needed to make the viewer experience what nagato was going through so you love and understand the movie in more depth. there was a reason for endless eight. you do not have to watch it all just understand the above.
Oct 14, 2013 6:47 AM

Apr 2012
Watched it all, mainly because I haven't heard about this show before. The only thing that disapointed me was the conclusion.
Oct 16, 2013 9:32 PM
Jun 2013
jaxjaxk said:
the only thing relevant in the endless eight is the fact that nagato repeated 2 weeks about 15,000 times. the amounts to about 575 years of repetition of witch she remembers it all and can not do anything about. this drives her to develop feelings of frustration, anger, lonely, ext. these emotions are amplified and the results are shown in the disappearance of haruhi suzumia. it was needed to make the viewer experience what nagato was going through so you love and understand the movie in more depth. there was a reason for endless eight. you do not have to watch it all just understand the above.

I really have to break it up to you, it's very very bad for me, cause the first Suzumiya media I came across is the film, yes, how bad is that, I watched the film first, didn't even start the anime, I was of course, quite confused during the film, after watching the anime, I finally understood many things.
Oct 16, 2013 9:33 PM
Jun 2013
AkiraLeir said:
Watched it all, mainly because I haven't heard about this show before. The only thing that disapointed me was the conclusion.

I'm surprised you didn't get tired of it, you certainly watched all of it and didn't even thought about skipping it?
Oct 22, 2013 6:41 PM

Sep 2013
damn it's a pain!
Oct 25, 2013 4:51 PM

Apr 2012
Theresonly1cryo said:
AkiraLeir said:

I'm surprised you didn't get tired of it, you certainly watched all of it and didn't even thought about skipping it?

No, because - as I stated - I tought something different/important would happen.
Nov 24, 2013 3:48 PM
May 2010
Just watched it earlier today. Endless Eight is a solidly good watch, even if it isn't fun. It does what it should do, and it's as important a part of the series as any other.

Skipping it would be a huge mistake, in my opinion.
Jan 10, 2014 6:07 PM

Oct 2013
dont watch it like i did, its was a terrible mistake, watch the episode 2 and skip to the 9(where the end change) i should serisouly have skipped this shitty part, cant even understand people saying its was the best part.... seriously its was a copy/paste except some word was changed with clothes on characters and sometime 15-20 sec change, nothing more...
Jul 26, 2014 11:21 PM
Sep 2013
watch it, i watched all of it and it affect how you see the end.
Jul 28, 2014 9:43 AM
Jun 2014
Watch all of it. The experience was painful but fun at the same time. Just like what kyon has to experience all the time when he's with haruhi.
Sep 18, 2014 9:21 AM
Jul 2014
I think it's worth watching if you want to enjoy the Disappearance Of Haruhi Suzumiya more, because it definitely relates to the movie and by watching endless eight, you'll sort of understand what one of the characters did in the movie. And trust me, there is a reason why endless eight is important. But damn, the movie is one of the best anime movies ever.
RaikuzanSep 18, 2014 9:25 AM
Mar 21, 2016 2:28 PM
Mar 2016
You know... normally I would say NO. But if you plan to watch the disappearence of Haruhi Suzumiya, it just puts so much more weight in some parts of the movie that I would say YES.
You may almost die while watching it but just think of how Nagato felt watching this shit for 5.100 years
HohakMar 21, 2016 2:36 PM
Mar 22, 2016 3:39 AM
Jun 2013
ColdNobility said:
Watch it to have the full experience
http://i.imgur.com/HMtTJRg.jpg
Mar 22, 2016 3:39 AM

Jan 2016
That would be a no.... I personally skipped it after 3 episodes.
Apr 12, 2016 4:58 PM

Apr 2016
Almost nothing about Haruhi season 2 aka Haruhi (2009) is even remotely watchable, minus the first episode, the openings, the dub, and the animation.

The endless 8 is 8 episodes, 6 of which repeat the 2nd one to a T (minus a few inflections, clothing swaps, and angle changes) with the 2nd episode introducing the comically huge loop, and episode 8 breaking it in hilariously stupid fashion. The last ark (to me at least) is even worse, and downright badtardizing to some of the characters, ESPECIALLY Haruhi! Honestly, I can only tolerate the aesthetic values, and if this show really needs to bunjee jump its overall value via technical prowess, then that is nothing short of a testimate to its lack of quality. Judging based on characters, story, and any enjoyment, I'd give it a low 2, and honestly, the ONLY TRUE MERIT to watching this show, is knowing Yuuki Nagato's motivations for the events in the movie. Otherwise, you can skip this garbage. Honestly, thank god for the movie...
Apr 14, 2016 1:29 PM

Sep 2015
I say watch it, at the very least to say you watched it and to form your own opinion of it. You don't have to like it and that wasn't it's intention but it really should be watched to at least say that you have experienced it and can empathize with other's pain or excitement.
Apr 29, 2016 3:45 PM
Mar 2016
Watch the first episode and watch the last episode. Avoid the rest of the episodes. Perfect!
Dec 18, 2017 6:35 AM
Nov 2017
If you skip it and then mark season 2 as completed on your list, that's pretty gross.
Dec 18, 2017 9:58 AM

Sep 2014
Ebin_May_Mays said:
If you skip it and then mark season 2 as completed on your list, that's pretty gross.

I agree, but there's no real option to mark an anime "partly completed" so the completed mention seems more accurate than watching/ on-hold.
Dec 19, 2017 7:53 AM
Nov 2017
Hrybami said:
I agree, but there's no real option to mark an anime "partly completed" so the completed mention seems more accurate than watching/ on-hold.

Just mark it as 8/14 completed, everyone will know which ones you skipped.
Aug 15, 2018 7:50 PM
Jul 2017
Reverb_Shock said:

I also suggest watching the second, since they don't discover they're looping in the first.
Jun 6, 2021 1:56 PM
Dec 2017
if you want to win yukis love then it is.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

292 by Generose »»
Apr 12, 11:11 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

535 by Unoriginality »»
Apr 11, 9:07 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 30, 2009

276 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:45 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jul 23, 2009

360 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.