Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 8, 2013 6:49 PM
Oct 2013
I heard Sentai Filmworks was supposedly releasing the final season of "Familiar of Zero", a series FUNimation dropped because of low sales. But that was mentioned in 2012 and now, in 2013, I can't find any trace of a DVD from them for "Familiar of Zero" other than the original FUNimation version that is almost $700!

Its not on Amazon, its not on Sentai Filmwork's shop or on Rightstuf's shop, so where the HELL is it?! Did they back out of it for some reason?! I wanna see more episodes of "Familiar of Zero"! I can hardly find the episodes on Youtube.
Oct 8, 2013 6:56 PM
Oct 2013
I'm talking about why hasn't there been any DVD for "Familiar of Zero F" when they made the announcement in 2012? Its frustrating for me to keep remembering the websites and what not when its simpler for me to find and buy the DVD.
Oct 8, 2013 6:58 PM

Sep 2013
AnimeCollector25 said:
I'm talking about why hasn't there been any DVD for "Familiar of Zero F" when they made the announcement in 2012? Its frustrating for me to keep remembering the websites and what not when its simpler for me to find and buy the DVD.

oh didnt know dvd's still existed lol sorry
quit joshing me bro
Oct 8, 2013 7:27 PM

Jun 2007
AnimeCollector25 said:
Sometimes companies are that slow with releases. It was more common in the past when companies were snapping up and dubbing everything under the sun. Though it still happens even now -- Funi announced A Certain Scientific Railgun in July 2010, yet didn't release it until April 2013.

For news about DVD release dates, I'd suggest keeping your eyes on sites like fandompost and animenewsnetwork that actually care about the industry, rather than sites where most people would rather watch on shitty illegal streaming sites.

Everything that connects to MAL

Contains Ecchi, but not Tagged Ecchi: Part 1 || Part 2 || Part 3

Oct 8, 2013 7:39 PM

Jun 2007
Zalis said:
AnimeCollector25 said:
Sometimes companies are that slow with releases. It was more common in the past when companies were snapping up and dubbing everything under the sun. Though it still happens even now -- Funi announced A Certain Scientific Railgun in July 2010, yet didn't release it until April 2013.

For news about DVD release dates, I'd suggest keeping your eyes on sites like fandompost and animenewsnetwork that actually care about the industry, rather than sites where most people would rather watch on shitty illegal streaming sites.

Railgun was held back because the JP rights owners didn't want reverse-importation issues, as the DVD/BDs weren't entirely released in Japan and reverse-importation is a hugely growing problem for the JP companies. This is likely going to be a problem more and more as time goes on. Funimation themselves said straight out the materials were being held from them to keep them from working on it or releasing it until over 2 years later.

The show OP wants has been out for long enough where that's not an issue. Chances are ADV (Sentai) is just still working on it or sitting on it for later - as they aren't exactly a big player in the localization scene any more.

Likely the latter - ADV, even when they were almost running a monopoly on anime in the west, were pretty well known for licensing everything and then not doing anything with those licenses. They simply bought them up so nobody else could. They can't afford that now, but habits aren't easy to stop so it's a possibility.
Oct 8, 2013 11:44 PM

Dec 2012
My guess is that they realized they were being completely retarded, by licensing the 4th and final season of a franchise before the 2nd and 3rd had been released and they should work on licensing and releasing those before they worried about F.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Oct 9, 2013 7:34 AM

Nov 2012
AnimeCollector25 said:
I heard Sentai Filmworks was supposedly releasing the final season of "Familiar of Zero", a series FUNimation dropped because of low sales. But that was mentioned in 2012 and now, in 2013, I can't find any trace of a DVD from them for "Familiar of Zero" other than the original FUNimation version that is almost $700!

Its not on Amazon, its not on Sentai Filmwork's shop or on Rightstuf's shop, so where the HELL is it?! Did they back out of it for some reason?! I wanna see more episodes of "Familiar of Zero"! I can hardly find the episodes on Youtube.

Beats me. I wish it was picked up by someone else. I have the original artbox version from Geneon and have been waiting since 2008 for the next chapter of the series to be released over seas. Sadly I haven't even seen a region 1 import. I heard that the show has had issues also due to the original creator of the manga passing away. I guess I'll either have to suck it up and buy the Japanese region 4 import for an absurd amount of cash, Or wait and hope that it comes out eventually on dvd/bu-ray over here.
Oct 9, 2013 10:56 AM

Apr 2010
Thread moved

Thread moved to the Zero no Tsukaima F boards.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 23, 2012

383 by Forum »»
Aug 20, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Mar 9, 2012

121 by Forum »»
Aug 20, 4:37 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Mar 2, 2012

70 by Forum »»
Aug 20, 4:18 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Feb 24, 2012

78 by Forum »»
Aug 20, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Nuzuky - Jan 13, 2012

97 by Forum »»
Aug 12, 8:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.