Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 29, 2007 6:16 PM

Oct 2007
Salutations All!

Taylor Tertius is my handle name, but the more economical Taylor is just fine. I actually registered three days ago, but I'm so technologically challenged it took me awhile to get the hang of things. I would consider it a good week, technological-wise, if my computer didn't beep angrily at me or show me what my dorm-mate calls "the blue screen of death", which is a rarer event than a blue moon.

However, I must commend the person who created this site, because it is really user friendly. Within minutes, I figured out how to write my profile and add anime/manga to my list – it just took me a day to do all that! I never realised how much anime I watched until I list them! It took me slightly longer to figure out the minute intricacies of the rest of the site, but that's a record for me! I still don't know how everything works, so please be patient with me as I stumble blindly around for awhile. Nevertheless, I would like to convey that this site is the answer to my methodical/systematic/meticulous neurosis (at least when it comes to anime/manga), which is a good thing... I think.

Since this is an introductory post of who I am, let me take the time to tell you a little about myself. I'm a typical Canadian anglophile who loves curry, Italian and Japanese food (sushi in particular). I'm also a chocoholic who has a slight addiction to caffeine. My mates would say that I'm a coffee snob, but I think I prefer the term coffee connoisseur. I'm just really particular of the coffee I drink and how I drink it.

Besides watching anime or reading manga, I enjoy running, working on my motorcycle, listening to music (rock 'n' roll, jazz and opera in particular), reading, writing, working out, tai chi, yoga, and video gaming (I love RPGs! Square-Enix is my video-gaming god!) in my spare time. I have a pronounced dimple on my left check, a tattoo of a Tahitian Turtle on my right arm, an ear-cuff, and a birth mark on my – well a place where the sun doesn't see too often.

Well, that's an abridged – a very abridged biography of myself (if I reveal anymore now, I may scare some of you with my eccentric idiosyncrasies). It is in my hopes that I would get to know some of you in the same manner as well.
Oct 29, 2007 6:25 PM

Jan 2007
Welcome to MAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lolis ftw~
Oct 29, 2007 6:54 PM

Oct 2007
Welcome~ ^^

I made more of a welcome on the comments section of your profile. :p .. Hope you don't mind! I didn't want to get too long-winded on the forums. XD;
Oct 29, 2007 7:05 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Wow, that was quite the intro. Good to hear you're enjoying the site and that it was easy to use. I've tried to make it as user friendly as possible. I'm glad that I've succeeded in some of those areas.

Welcome!
Oct 29, 2007 7:12 PM

Aug 2006
lol, Thats the longest intro post yet I think

Welcome
Oct 29, 2007 8:18 PM

Oct 2007
yo I'm new too so like ...wepa xD
Oct 29, 2007 8:19 PM

Sep 2007
Welcome to MAL! Enjoy your stay!
Oct 29, 2007 11:18 PM

Jan 2007
Welcome to MAL! Yay chocolate!
Oct 29, 2007 11:27 PM

May 2007
Best.Intro.Yet.

Welcome aboard, Taylor. May you watch even more and more anime~ :3
Oct 30, 2007 2:40 AM

Aug 2007
Welcome to MAL! ^_^ Have fun!

Thanks for sharing quirky stuff about yourself. Chocolate/coffee is love, yes? ^_~x
Oct 30, 2007 2:43 AM

Aug 2007
Long intro, glad you like the site- welcome to MAL.
Oct 30, 2007 4:00 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
That was quite an intro ^^ Welcome to MAL !!

:-*
Oct 30, 2007 4:26 AM

Jun 2007
Welcome to MAL ^_______^

Wowsa, nice intro - but you could leave out some info like the birthmark on the place that don't see the sun very often X-D

Anyways may you have a great time here - and remember to eat your cheese!
Oct 30, 2007 10:25 AM

Oct 2007
Hmm... the consensus here seems to think that my introduction is a tad longer than the norm and here I thought that I was being taciturn – I'm usually more loquacious! :D

*sighs* I reckon I should have checked the other intros to see how it is done properly. Had I known that "Hi, I'm new here, hope I'm welcomed" was sufficient enough, I wouldn't had to agonise for hours over my introductory post – you know trying to make a good first impression and all. Oh, well, you live and learn and all that jazz.

Regardless, thanks for the warm welcome! I didn't expect so many responses from my first post! I feel really welcomed indeed! Hope to see all of you around soon!
Oct 31, 2007 12:52 AM

Apr 2007
Lolz, Welcome to MAL, hope to see you around on the forums~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2007 1:01 AM

May 2007
Ahaha. Actually, I think this is the proper way Intros should be done. I mean.. it's so great that most people didn't bother. Then again, we just love to spam more than writing a lot. :P

So well... have fun~
Oct 31, 2007 2:30 AM

Aug 2007
That was a long intro^^Welcome to MAL!!!

More topics from this board

» hihi!!

aniiaya - Yesterday

6 by Loathsome »»
3 hours ago

» Hello everyone!

Palash_6 - Apr 24

29 by Palash_6 »»
Yesterday, 8:24 AM

» introduce my activity

loligoth666 - Apr 22

10 by loligoth666 »»
Yesterday, 8:06 AM

» Hi everyone

fdasfdsadsa - Apr 23

5 by YanYan »»
Yesterday, 7:48 AM

» no longer lurking, always happy to befriend somebody!

not-perfect - Apr 23

12 by YanYan »»
Yesterday, 7:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.