Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 3, 2013 10:57 PM

Feb 2010
you know where it gets to a really tense point then it ends and you have to wait a long ass time for the next chapter/volume.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 3, 2013 11:03 PM

Jun 2013
I abso-bally-lutely hate them. It's the worst. But at least there can be another chapter eventually. What I really hate is when something ends without being wrapped up nicely (i.e. Cowboy Bebop, it's still my favorite though).
Oct 4, 2013 9:10 AM

Jul 2008
I handle cliffhangers like a professional :P Unlike many, I don't feel the strong urge to find out what happen next so soon :)
Oct 4, 2013 6:05 PM

Oct 2012
Cry.

Oct 5, 2013 7:53 PM
Apr 2013
Well I'll be pissed off at first. So I take out my anger by doing something constructive like homework. That way my mind is sharper and more focused and I might retain information better. I would advise that to anyone
Oct 5, 2013 8:59 PM

Jun 2008
I tried to hang around in the forums and discussing theory and predictions then i would grab another series to focus on to kill some time :X Snk cliffhangers are QQ
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2013 10:57 PM

Aug 2007
At first, my fangirl self is like "what? I want to know what happens next now! ;A;", but then I deal with it like a real man. Too many manga fishes in the sea, makes me easily forget about any cliffhangers.
Oct 6, 2013 11:16 PM
Oct 2013
Sit back and wait for the next chapter. Or raid the internet for leaks and predictions. Or cry yourself to sleep.
Oct 7, 2013 10:39 AM

May 2013
throwing rocks at people... lol. Nah really, I just read something else, there's so many good anime/mangas out there. We don't have time to rage about 1 cliffhanger. (why waiting for 1 cliffhanger when you can wait for 10 cliffhanger?). I know, such a maso. hehe
Oct 8, 2013 6:20 AM

Oct 2013
I'd pull my hair out. That's why I usually go for completed ones!
"If you really do love her, don’t look away, no matter what happens. No matter what you see, no matter what you learn about her, don’t look away. Once you got her in your embrace, don’t let go. Once you decide you love someone, that’s your responsibility.” –Yagiri Seiji, Durarara!!
Oct 11, 2013 2:00 PM

Nov 2011
My advice to the OP: Never start reading Liar Game. Or Berserk. Or X/1999. (ESPECIALLY that last one. The other two are fine when/if they finish).

Anyway, to answer to the original question: by focusing on other shows. My brain seems to have a separate section dedicated to fiction, so continuing after a long break is surprisingly easy.
Oct 11, 2013 2:32 PM

Jan 2012
i go "REALLY? YOU HAD THIS LITTLE PAGES ALREADY, AND YOU DARE THROW A FREAKING CLIFFHANGER AT ME AT THE LAST PAGE? WHAT THE HELL'S THE MATTER WITH YOU!"

Thats usually how it is with reading One Piece. But One piece makes it even worse, because oda tends to end with a cliffhanger and then start the next chapter with something completely different, only going back to the cliffhanger halfway in, and then ignoring it again. So i usually just go for completed series. You read manga so fast that waiting a week becomes even more stressfull than waiting for anime.

Whats worse is sometimes some mangas barely get any Translators at all, or the translators only update it once a month. Sure i understand that it's not the easiest thing to do. But when i started reading Terra Formars, i reached the last chapter within 2 days, only to find out that the current translator only brings out about 4 chapters every 2 months, while theres already 30 more chapters awaiting to be translated. It can be hell haha. I had the same with Nozoki ana, But they stopped translating that while it was 11 chapters away from finishing.. Luckily half a year later they finally decided to pick it back up.
CaptainMahoganyOct 11, 2013 2:35 PM
Oct 11, 2013 5:56 PM

Dec 2012
revengekilla12 said:
Sit back and wait for the next chapter. Or raid the internet for leaks and predictions. Or cry yourself to sleep.
Oct 11, 2013 8:07 PM

Sep 2011
Be shocked and upset for a minute, and then forget about it by reading other mangas; the next chapter will come out eventually.
Oct 12, 2013 4:55 AM

Jun 2013
Wait a year for the author to resume writing (if you know what I mean).
Gutalala ~~ sudalala

"It would be great to live as a human"
-Meruem, King of the Ants
Oct 14, 2013 4:51 AM

Apr 2013
Read something that's already completely and you won't have this problem.
"But ur a retard."
~Akito_Kinomoto
Oct 16, 2013 1:47 AM

Apr 2013
I don't really know what I feel about them. Sometimes it's just: "Oh hey! A cliffhanger! How unexpected! (Sarcasm)" but at other times I'm like: "NOOOOO! WHY NOW OF ALL TIMES?!".
Oct 16, 2013 9:37 AM

Jul 2012
Usually use very colourful words, crawl into the fetal position and sleep

or eat

or play a game
"To be a boy is to be a Fool. To be a fool is pure bliss"
Oct 16, 2013 9:51 AM

Oct 2012
Contact physicist to know what they think about it.
Oct 19, 2013 10:08 PM

May 2012
I start something else, finish it, and then obsessively check for new chapters for the next week or so.
Nov 25, 2013 11:24 AM

Apr 2012
Elaxer said:
I read people's predictions.

used to.

KingNyrd said:
Well I'll be pissed off at first. So I take out my anger by doing something constructive like homework. That way my mind is sharper and more focused and I might retain information better. I would advise that to anyone

good idea.

seikipunch said:
Wait a year for the author to resume writing (if you know what I mean).

What I do with One Piece, only that it is wait more than 1 year.

ssrex said:
Read something that's already completely and you won't have this problem.

This guy's IQ is over 9000!
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Nov 25, 2013 12:27 PM

Jun 2011
420BLAZEITSWG said:
I read discussions/forums about the manga to put my curiosity at ease.

And some of them do predictions too XD

At first I would be,
"Oh come on, no way it's ending there"

after a while,
"Good cliffhanger :)"
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

More topics from this board

» When will be the next chapter of One punch Man released ?

MagrMal - Apr 23

3 by GudBoy »»
54 minutes ago

» Do you guys read manga online or physically? ( 1 2 )

LemonXChio - Oct 27, 2023

67 by rurina-chan »»
3 hours ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1055 by Alexioos95 »»
6 hours ago

» 8 Manga to Get to Know You

spaceslut - Mar 12, 2023

37 by PlasticRobot »»
Yesterday, 3:47 PM

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

8 by YeeYeeAss »»
Yesterday, 1:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.