Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 9, 2009 7:30 PM

Jan 2009
If you could change (add/remove) anything from the whole Anime Elfen Lied, what would it be? (and why) Go Crazy!
|
|
|
For me, i would have added more of what happened to Nyu from when she killed Kohta's sister to when she got locked up in the cell, i always liked relating to all the torment that she went through to become her deep inner-self.
=]

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 10, 2009 5:50 AM

Sep 2007
In my opinion, the episode 11½ (the OVA) is well enough for it. Considering that you don't want to know how she lived her life during the 3-4 years all alone running around like she had done (except that she doesn't go to school this period). Also, this part shows how she got locked up too.

The one thing I'd like to know more about is... how the hell did she got into school with no parents? I mean, fine she was born but apparently she either killed them or ran away from them (or did both). Wouldn't people notice if a homeless child wandered around on the street all the time, wearing the same clothes etc and never with her parents?

Elfen Lied is a great anime in itself, it's really detailed and has a awesome pace which leaves room for both enjoyment and doesn't leave you bored. It's just the history part that lacks a bit.
Feb 11, 2009 10:59 PM

Feb 2008
Oh, possibly remove some of the more over the top pointless ecchi. It's the only thing I can't defend. The emotionally raw nudity is one thing, but when it comes to fanservice, I just start tsk-ing.
Feb 17, 2009 5:59 AM
Nov 2008
The only thing that I would change in Elfen Lied was to put a new season
Mar 9, 2009 12:50 AM

Apr 2008
i could have swore i posted here <_<

weird things be goin on.

Well now you have posted here. 8) - Mr-San
MrSanjuroMar 9, 2009 6:48 AM
Daddy won't allow it!
Mar 9, 2009 11:37 AM

Dec 2008
The only thing i want to change/add is to make it longer and add Nozomi(i think her name was)
Mar 22, 2009 10:02 PM

Jul 2008
Ryderj said:
Oh, possibly remove some of the more over the top pointless ecchi. It's the only thing I can't defend. The emotionally raw nudity is one thing, but when it comes to fanservice, I just start tsk-ing.

Agreed! The OP was awesome and most of the nudity had deeper meaning but the fanservice really sucks (e.g. bath scenes...). I wish they never had it in there >_>
Either that or Yuka. She just failed as a character. One of the most pathetic characters ever coming from one of the best animes ever xD
Mar 23, 2009 1:34 PM

Apr 2008
i couldn't agree more about Yuka. so desperate and needy, it made me wanna puke >_<
Daddy won't allow it!
Mar 29, 2009 7:09 AM

Oct 2008
although I disliked yuka like every normal person, she was a needed character to advece the story.
and i also hope there will be another season since there was a question of what are the diclonius.
and im really annoyed that they didnt took a chance to kill mayus step father
" target="_blank">http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2838/folkloresu3.jpg" border="0">
Mar 31, 2009 12:41 PM

Jul 2008
ido670 said:
although I disliked yuka like every normal person, she was a needed character to advece the story.

Needed Character? How so? I don't recall her doing as much as the dog, lol.
Seriously, I can pan out the events in my head and reach the same conclusion while excluding Yuka from the story albeit, changing a few scenes here and there but not disrupting the story at all.
She was shallow and useless. The only character with the depth of a puddle. She reminds me of Sakura from Naruto, now we all know what she's like..
Mar 31, 2009 12:47 PM

Oct 2008
i disliked the ending, highly. i wish we had a concrete ending with lucy re-appearing, didnt like the fact he ended up with his cousin....that was a bit weird. anywho, i liked the way the pink haired girl was able to blend back into society.
Mar 31, 2009 1:35 PM

Oct 2008
CrimsonMoon said:
ido670 said:

Needed Character? How so? I don't recall her doing as much as the dog, lol.
Seriously, I can pan out the events in my head and reach the same conclusion while excluding Yuka from the story albeit, changing a few scenes here and there but not disrupting the story at all.
She was shallow and useless. The only character with the depth of a puddle. She reminds me of Sakura from Naruto, now we all know what she's like..

it may be so ,but in the end the creator saw it fit to use her in order to advance the story and lets face it destroy all that was left of lucy's sanity
" target="_blank">http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2838/folkloresu3.jpg" border="0">
Mar 31, 2009 6:37 PM

Aug 2007
The 'ecchi' is not pointless.

To me, since they only show the Diclonious naked, it was more to show that no one considered them human, so it was okay for them to be depicted naked, like animals, as opposed to ecchi and fanservice.

I say this because Yuka doesn't really get naked where you can see stuff.
Usotsuki. 
Apr 19, 2009 6:53 PM

Jul 2008
I don't see why people say the ecchi in Elfen Lied is so bad..I mean showing the chest of a girl who is flat doesent even strike me as ecchi.
If I had to change it, I would make the anime 100% relevent to the manga. Because the Elfen Lied manga is the greatest manga and greatest story of all time(I couldent stop crying after I read it all) It's different from the anime in the way that is shows SO VERY MUCH MORE OF THE STORY. It's also much more sad and will defanitly make anyone cry. It's much longer than the anime and has a solid ending...I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see the third to last chapter be done in animation. The one were Lucy is singing Elfen Lied(elf song)...I hate how it's called Elfen Lied(Elf Song) and yet the elf song is not in the anime, only in the manga...but yeah i'm going to leave off hear because I could go on forever about the manga and I don't want to spoil it....I have both the full DVD set for anime, and manga collection for Elfen Lied, I love this series for than anything before.
Apr 19, 2009 7:52 PM

Apr 2009
Asterisk07 said:
Snip

Ya, too bad it was never translated in America.
Apr 23, 2009 10:39 PM

Jul 2008
ACSephiroth said:
Asterisk07 said:
Snip

Ya, too bad it was never translated in America.

..snip?
If your talking about the Elfen Lied Manga, you can read it in english on Onemanga.com
It has all the chapters for the entire manga, it's all free, and you don't even have to register to read it.
Apr 24, 2009 12:19 PM

Apr 2009
..snip?
If your talking about the Elfen Lied Manga, you can read it in english on Onemanga.com
It has all the chapters for the entire manga, it's all free, and you don't even have to register to read it.

Snip as in didn't want to take too much space with full quote. Used to doing it in the way of other forums so sorry for odd terminology. And I was referring to official licensing. Probably should of said that instead of translating.
May 4, 2009 10:19 AM

Feb 2009
I would make it follow the manga as closely as possible. I liked the end, but I felt so cheated... I'd at least have them make a series 2 or something...

~*"All men wear masks - whether it be over their faces, or over their hearts" - Godot*~
May 9, 2009 12:58 AM

Oct 2008
I would make it longer (ending was perfect, but hey- I got shocked in the end, only one word was in my head back then "NOOOOO!!!", i wan't at least 1 more ep, not just my imagination...), and yeah, i don't like Yuka - she's so jelous and selfish, btw, she has nice expression of love (calling Kouta jerk in every ep) <.<
But god - it's still the best anime ever :3
May 18, 2009 11:34 AM

Feb 2009
i would make a SECOND SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 23, 2009 10:29 PM

Dec 2008
CrimsonMoon said:
Ryderj said:

Agreed! The OP was awesome and most of the nudity had deeper meaning but the fanservice really sucks (e.g. bath scenes...). I wish they never had it in there >_>
Either that or Yuka. She just failed as a character. One of the most pathetic characters ever coming from one of the best animes ever xD

I totally agree
free cookie for you!

Check Out Democrats of MAL
Jun 4, 2009 8:36 PM

Mar 2009
1. to make it longer (13 episodes are way too little!)
2. less nudity (certain parts were okay, but some were unnecessary)
3. lucy shouldn't have cut her hair (I prefer it long, hehe) but I guess it was important to
Jun 17, 2009 6:19 AM

Mar 2009
I would probably remove some of the fan service scenes aswell.. I mean some scenes, fair enough.. the whole opening sequence of episode one in the facility, thats ok, there's some meaning behind it.. but the really random parts like when Nyu just pulls her top over one breast in episode 1.. I dunno, I just feel it wasn't totally neccessary if you see what I mean.. I dunno if I've phrased it right.. but yeah, remove some of the more pointless ecchi scenes basically.. otherwise, no complaints ^^
Jun 18, 2009 12:37 PM

Jan 2009
I woulda taken away Mayu's raping stepfather (if argued that she'd be gone from the story the mom coulda still been pissed at her for some other reason) and I would add the Mariko clones to the anime.
Oct 26, 2009 2:55 PM

Oct 2009
I want it to finish where the manga finished. So you can find out everything out through the anime even though I did read the manga.

I love Elfen Lied XD
Feb 2, 2010 10:17 AM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
1. Second Season

2. Remove Yuka. She's annoying.

3. Let Lucy's puppy live (although its kinda needed for her to be all psychotic and kill everyone)

4. Mayu's preverted stepfather was a bit much. They couldve just made Mayu run away for another reason.

5. Mariko needs more screen time. She was like the best character.

6. Unnecessary fan service. It's sorta dumb, and really pointless, so get rid of it, lols.

I know this wasnt "one thing", rather, it was a list, but its what I'd change.

Other than those things I loved Elfen Lied.
Mar 10, 2010 8:51 AM

Aug 2009
I want to remove the scene from Lucy's past where some boys killed her puppy >.> well after that she killed them >:D

Mar 22, 2010 7:01 PM

Mar 2010
HugoF said:
The only thing that I would change in Elfen Lied was to put a new season

i agree. it is a pity that there are no season 2 :/

C.S.E.A.G Badge
Apr 5, 2010 3:52 PM

Sep 2009
If you could change 1 thing in Elfen Lied...??

im gonna add 20-30 other episode :p
Apr 16, 2010 6:45 AM

Oct 2009
Ryderj said:
Jun 12, 2010 10:47 AM

May 2010
I'd like to be certain as to whom was behind the gate in the ending of this beautiful anime.

Who else would like to be 'certain'?

Contrary to what most people are saying, I wouldn't make it a whole 13 episodes longer, just 1 episode longer to sum up what has happened. When I let my imagination go wild I think of some depressing things. I don't think it would be appropriate to have a second season, for the anime would lose it's fast-paced essence that I so dearly adore.

It has not one boring moment. I am currently reading the manga and look forward to the 'complete' ending people rave about.

If it does have a more summed up ending, my heart will love the manga instead of the anime. Or perhaps I will like both and attempt to make the anime and manga one story.

I hear the stories slant in the slightest ways...
Jun 23, 2010 1:36 PM

May 2009
An actual conclusion.
Jul 2, 2010 8:58 PM

Mar 2010
Two words...... 2nd SEASON!
Oct 24, 2011 3:21 PM
Aug 2011
The only thing I would change is the scene where lucy kills kouta's sister. I think it was a little bit too much.
Oct 30, 2012 7:54 PM

Aug 2009
I don't know... I mean, I don't have any major criticisms about the anime. I like it as is.

Well, I guess I wish that everyone wasn't so clueless as to what goes on. But, I'm sure that's because I know what went down already, and multiple watch-throughs destroy the mystery aspect of the show.

But other than that, I can't really think of anything. I don't want a second season because the show ended in a way that I actually like. I don't strongly share the popular negative opinion of Yuka. I'll admit that she's kinda annoying, but she's no one that I'll rage about. And compared to what others here are saying, I like the sadistic more scenes.

Oct 12, 2015 1:24 PM
Feb 2015
More episodes and a less open ended conclusion lol
Jan 21, 2016 9:49 PM
Jan 2016
Save the dog, by killing those children!!
Sep 7, 2019 4:31 AM
May 2019
Save Lucy
Sep 10, 2023 10:41 PM
Jul 2018
First of all, I would replace Kota with a better MC who wouldn't be so stupid. And secondly, I would throw Yuka out of the anime, she is annoying and unnecessary for the plot. I would leave Nana and Maya, they are not so annoying. And the ending should be more positive, so Lucy can finally be happy.
Also, I don't like Lucy's ridiculous outfit in the middle of the anime. Something more cute and kawaii would look better on her, like in most anime.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nyucy, Long hair or Short hair? ( 1 2 )

SkiesOfBlue - Oct 5, 2008

55 by ellystar18 »»
Oct 12, 2015 1:23 PM

» Elfen lied OP / ED

Blivionis - Nov 19, 2009

9 by ellystar18 »»
Oct 12, 2015 1:23 PM

» :D Thoughts on my Elfen Lied tattoo?

LadyBird - Mar 21, 2010

6 by ellystar18 »»
Oct 12, 2015 1:22 PM

Sticky: » Elfen Lied Gallery.

Yandere - Dec 10, 2007

11 by Yandere »»
Dec 23, 2011 3:35 PM

» I made a Lucy Fallout 3 Character

ACSephiroth - Apr 18, 2009

13 by LoveEnmaAi »»
Jun 16, 2010 2:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.