Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 27, 2013 3:48 PM

Sep 2013
Yo! I'm new here and this is my first post, so hi! :D

Anyway! I just finished watching WataMote, really awesome and I recommend it much, and at the end when Tomoki was looking at the definiton for ''Unpopular girl'' she said, ''You know what, it doesn't even matter.'' Or something like that.

So, I was thinking, maybe the meaning to the anime, as a whole, is that it doesn't matter if you are popular or not/you shouldn't let it bother you that much if you're unpopular.

What do you think? (:
Sep 27, 2013 6:28 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Once you are graduated and out of high school, you will realize how HS popularity means absolutely nothing at all.
Sep 27, 2013 6:35 PM

Sep 2011
KingYoshi said:
Once you are graduated and out of high school, you will realize how HS popularity means absolutely nothing at all.
i liked them alot more after high school than in them honestly

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 27, 2013 6:48 PM

Mar 2011
I'm didn't watch it, but I read a blog that references that exact line, so here it is:

I think they thought rather poorly of it.
Sep 27, 2013 6:55 PM

Sep 2013
even though i havnt watched it i can tell you that being popular can mean A LOT. Popular as in actually have a lot of friends rather than just knowing a lot of people. People skills can get you far, having a good, friendly relationship with your boss, for example can get you a promotion even if you are just as good as the next guy.
Sep 27, 2013 7:28 PM

Nov 2012
Watched a couple episodes, didn't get what's good about an anime that makes fun of a girl with psychological problems.
Sep 27, 2013 8:02 PM

Sep 2013
I watched Watamote, I liked it for the most part but I found the ending a little disappointing. I wish Tomoko would've made friends so that for the small part of the audience that can relate to her a little too well could see how to get over that social anxiety (or whatever you wanna call it) and go out and talk to people. Of course popularity won't matter in 10 years but you need to know how to make friends and go out and talk to people.
Sep 27, 2013 8:04 PM

Jun 2009
Topic Moved
Moved Under Anime Being Discussed

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Sep 27, 2013 8:52 PM
Aug 2011
It means "love thy neighboor as thou love thyself."

No, no, it's about paralel worlds.

Come on for gods sake.
Sep 27, 2013 11:12 PM
Apr 2011
It doesn't mean anything. Watamote was created for the sole purpose of making an unconventional character which parodies people that have social anxiety. That is why Tomoko hasn't really improved yet. It's a gag manga consisting of 4-6 pages per chapter. Don't expect anything deep from it.
Sep 27, 2013 11:29 PM

Apr 2013
Xinistrad said:
Watched a couple episodes, didn't get what's good about an anime that makes fun of a girl with psychological problems.

Or just about every male otaku that happens to exist?
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Nov 19, 2013 7:59 PM

Jul 2012
To me, that last scene could be interpreted in one of two ways. First, it could be that she realizes that she's fine with not being popular. The second possibility (which I think is the more likely one, considering everything that happened up to that point, and accounting for how Tomoko is), is that she's deluding herself again. There was something about how the line was delivered that gave me the impression I shouldn't take it at face value.
You can also find me at:
Wordpress
Tumblr

More topics from this board

» Need help identifying a song

XeroBeat - 10 hours ago

1 by CatChud »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2013

240 by Thnikkakid »»
Apr 11, 7:56 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2013

201 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 11, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2013

377 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

rederoin - Jul 8, 2013

653 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.