High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
May 7, 2014 5:34 PM

May 2011
malikis2cool said:
Kyouraku-san said:
I don't even care anymore for season 3 because it will most probably be another 12 episode season. Even if some miracle happened and it had 24 eps, it would cover only up to volume 8. Novels spoiled me :|

No way. Volume 5 and 6 had a HUGE amount of content. Not even 12 episodes can cover those 2.

Yeah i think too that the material of Volume 5 & 6 is almost double than the others! It wll need a full season 2-cour with 24 episodes to cover it! Well we will see! For now let's just w8 for an announcement!
May 7, 2014 6:38 PM

Apr 2014
Greekhunter89 said:
malikis2cool said:
Kyouraku-san said:
I don't even care anymore for season 3 because it will most probably be another 12 episode season. Even if some miracle happened and it had 24 eps, it would cover only up to volume 8. Novels spoiled me :|

No way. Volume 5 and 6 had a HUGE amount of content. Not even 12 episodes can cover those 2.

Yeah i think too that the material of Volume 5 & 6 is almost double than the others! It wll need a full season 2-cour with 24 episodes to cover it! Well we will see! For now let's just w8 for an announcement!

High School DxD ftw
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Respect cannot be made by force or fear, it must be earned overtime; otherwise, it was never respect at all."
~ Malik

Highschool DxD is my all-time favorite series!
May 8, 2014 11:41 AM
Mar 2014
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fishibumi.exblog.jp%2F

According to Bing's translator:
"Anime in order cum I could collaborate on Cao Cao, Cao Cao had chosen a very."

Now what does that mean?
1. The author is collaborating with the anime production staff regarding Cao Cao, who doesn't appear for a few volumes. Which is a hint that Season3 is at least being seriously considered (Don't get your hopes up, Cao Cao is just as likely to be a cameo appearance (like Ophis was this season)).
2. Bing is on crack and translated something incorrectly.
May 8, 2014 12:06 PM

Aug 2013
IIRC from other human translations I've read, Ishibumi said something along the lines of "If the anime progresses well (which is a hint in itself), we might do a collaboration of Cao Cao from DxD and Cao Cao from Ikki Tousen."
May 8, 2014 5:57 PM

May 2011
itisp said:
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fishibumi.exblog.jp%2F

Now what does that mean?
1. The author is collaborating with the anime production staff regarding Cao Cao, who doesn't appear for a few volumes. Which is a hint that Season3 is at least being seriously considered (Don't get your hopes up, Cao Cao is just as likely to be a cameo appearance (like Ophis was this season)).

""Ishibumi said something along the lines of "If the anime progresses well (which is a hint in itself), we might do a collaboration of Cao Cao from DxD and Cao Cao from Ikki Tousen."" That's the right 1. Now what he meant with dat i can't imagine, but he speaks for sure for a collaboration in the anime production. (maybe some kind of commercial in the anime or a solo appereance or who knows) Saying ofc that " If the Anime progress well" it's a hint for future plans. We might get the announcement we all w8 for!
May 11, 2014 3:05 AM

Jun 2013
Ishi you old dog, don't tease us. Also anyone know when the US release is supposed to drop of New High School DxD? I really need this on my shelf.
May 11, 2014 11:51 AM

May 2011
krownklown said:
Ishi you old dog, don't tease us. Also anyone know when the US release is supposed to drop of New High School DxD? I really need this on my shelf.

Well as far as i know from what i have searched summer is the closest. Now if not summer i believe 100% sure fall probably near October!
May 11, 2014 12:43 PM

Mar 2013
itisp said:

Now what does that mean?

Cao Cao, does actually appear at the end of Volume 6 although he's not named then.

May 11, 2014 9:30 PM
Apr 2009
Please make a 3rd season!! And with more episodes! I'm more addicted than ever so I may end up reading the LN or manga version if I'm impatient. I love the characters.

DxD and Gintama need more episodes pronto!
May 12, 2014 3:27 PM

May 2011
Hope this will make clear the things! http://highschooldxd.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Xhatefate/DxD_Updates~?file=2014-05-12_21_45_33-FUNimation_Acquires_%25E2%2580%2598High_School_DxD_New%25E2%2580%2599_Anime_Rights_The_Fandom_Post.png#comm-29090
This means that Dubb version will probably be out January-February 2015 and we have big chances to see a season 3 after near March-April i believe... Well i was expecting little earlier, but January for the Dubb version of season 2 is good too! Let's hope tha a s3 will follow!
May 12, 2014 4:21 PM

Aug 2013
^Just because the dub for s2 will be out in early 2015 doesn't mean that TNK has to wait until then to announce s3.

On another note, recent tweets from Ishibumi translated via Google Translate:

I think that is the manuscript of remodeling of the cases, but ...... and that some information is published in the following Doramaga. Please wait a moment formal announcement. For more information It's a secret yet.

However, please stay tuned for D × D character that appeared in the play and new character of remodeling manuscript.

Possible season 3 announcement coming soon? Assuming Google Translate got some words mixed up and 'play' is supposed to refer to anime. Or I completely misread that, it's hard to make sense of it.
May 12, 2014 6:25 PM

May 2011
Gary29 said:
^Just because the dub for s2 will be out in early 2015 doesn't mean that TNK has to wait until then to announce s3.

On another note, recent tweets from Ishibumi translated via Google Translate:

I think that is the manuscript of remodeling of the cases, but ...... and that some information is published in the following Doramaga. Please wait a moment formal announcement. For more information It's a secret yet.

However, please stay tuned for D × D character that appeared in the play and new character of remodeling manuscript.

Possible season 3 announcement coming soon? Assuming Google Translate got some words mixed up and 'play' is supposed to refer to anime. Or I completely misread that, it's hard to make sense of it.

Well yeah i understand what u are saying. What i meant is that we will have the announcement probably this year (2014), but the actual anime it will probably air after the dubb version of DxD New. As for the tweets of Ishubi i guess that if he is starting to reveal part by part what it may happen we will soon have what we are expecting so long! (season 3) I don't think that u are mistaken though! We will know for sure soon!
May 13, 2014 3:39 AM

Dec 2013
i really really want season 3 !! coz dxd new was awesome !!! i hope to see koneko and xenovia if there is S.3 !!
May 13, 2014 9:56 AM
Mar 2014
nour-otaku said:
i really really want season 3 !! coz dxd new was awesome !!! i hope to see koneko and xenovia if there is S.3 !!

If there is a S3, it should follow the Light Novels, in which case you will get to see a lot of Koneko at the start of S3. Get ready for a surprise about her.
May 13, 2014 10:15 AM
Mar 2014
For those hoping for a summer release, sorry, but TNK have announced Blade Dance for the summer lineup.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/22877/Seirei_Tsukai_no_Blade_Dance
May 13, 2014 12:33 PM

May 2011
itisp said:
For those hoping for a summer release, sorry, but TNK have announced Blade Dance for the summer lineup.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/22877/Seirei_Tsukai_no_Blade_Dance

We already know that m8 ._. ! Summer release was from mid march out of the plan ofc! Although i believe the announcement could happen summer or fall probably!
May 14, 2014 2:39 PM

Jan 2014
Well we all agree that eventualy in this year we will see an announcement,maybe when Volume 17 (if it still didnt release,but it probably did) or in Volume 18 of the LN releases.
Most of us agree that Season 3 will have 12+ episodes (maybe,but probably 24 episodes or something like 20 episodes like Nisekoi)
And we all agree that we will enjoy Season 3 a lot! (Spoiler:I cant wait to see the hot spring scene,and the scene at the dinner table.)
May 14, 2014 4:24 PM
Jun 2013
I don't know anything about the new highschool DxD season. I have heard nothing of it or see nothing of it that makes it clear that there will be a new season. i understand it cost alot of money and time to make it but so far i see there are only rumors. the developor didn't reveal anything for a new season. i really hope there will be a new season though since highschool DxD became one of my fav animes and i only watched it a few days ago. i would actualy be really sad and disappointed if there wouldn't be another season of it. so even if i got it wrong about nothing got revealed about it or anything else i just said then tell me about it.
May 14, 2014 5:37 PM

Aug 2013
lostreaperzz said:
I don't know anything about the new highschool DxD season. I have heard nothing of it or see nothing of it that makes it clear that there will be a new season. i understand it cost alot of money and time to make it but so far i see there are only rumors. the developor didn't reveal anything for a new season. i really hope there will be a new season though since highschool DxD became one of my fav animes and i only watched it a few days ago. i would actualy be really sad and disappointed if there wouldn't be another season of it. so even if i got it wrong about nothing got revealed about it or anything else i just said then tell me about it.

There's no official reveals, but there's a lot that subtly hints at it. For instance, a character that only makes her official appearance in the next season made a cameo in DxD New's Blu-Rays with extended scenes; the "See you next time!" at the end of DxD New; some tweets by Ishibumi that could refer to the anime (until someone who knows Japanese can actually read it); and of course the excellent sales that DxD New has had, which certainly contribute to the possibility of season 3.
May 15, 2014 9:36 AM

May 2011
lostreaperzz said:

The word "Nothing" doesn't suit here m8, cause even if we don't have any official announcement we have always the talk under the table.
Gary29 said:
lostreaperzz said:

There's no official reveals, but there's a lot that subtly hints at it. For instance, a character that only makes her official appearance in the next season made a cameo in DxD New's Blu-Rays with extended scenes; the "See you next time!" at the end of DxD New; some tweets by Ishibumi that could refer to the anime (until someone who knows Japanese can actually read it); and of course the excellent sales that DxD New has had, which certainly contribute to the possibility of season 3.

I'll agree to all the points as Gary29 writes:
1)Excellent sales as 1st season + Best Harem anime 2013 & second in sales after Infinite Stratos

2)Some extra scenes in the BD/DVD of the second season series where a new char appears.

3) The "See you Next Time" as the official "To Be Continued"

4)Not clear by Ishubi (writer of the LN's of DxD), but more & more strange tweets like " If the anime progress well..." " W8 for an official announcement.." are giving the idea that the season 3 is at least in consideration and mb already in progress. Who knows?

All these things shows that the word "Nothing" doesn't appeal here at all. Ofc from the other side neither the word "Official", which means we are somewhere in the middle. :D
May 17, 2014 3:18 AM

Jan 2014
just make a s3 already ~ u can forget about the dubbed u know :D
" I'll find you and fall in love with you all over again " - Asuna
May 17, 2014 5:34 AM

Jan 2014
Greekhunter89 said:
lostreaperzz said:

I totaly agree about this.
The word "Nothing" doesn't suit here m8, cause even if we don't have any official announcement we have always the talk under the table.
Gary29 said:
lostreaperzz said:

1)Excellent sales as 1st season + Best Harem anime 2013 & second in sales after Infinite Stratos

2)Some extra scenes in the BD/DVD of the second season series where a new char appears.

4)Not clear by Ishubi (writer of the LN's of DxD), but more & more strange tweets like " If the anime progress well..." " W8 for an official announcement.." are giving the idea that the season 3 is at least in consideration and mb already in progress. Who knows?

All these things shows that the word "Nothing" doesn't appeal here at all. Ofc from the other side neither the word "Official", which means we are somewhere in the middle. :D
May 17, 2014 8:50 AM

May 2011
MrEpicMichael said:
Greekhunter89 said:
lostreaperzz said:

I totaly agree about this.
Gary29 said:
lostreaperzz said:

To be exact "Ecchi" means naked in Japanese!
May 19, 2014 3:29 PM

Dec 2013
As much as i like to see DxD season 3 as the next guy. I can't help but to feel pessimistic
Judging from the sell in 2012 ( LN series), it easily reached the 6th top selling LN, but in 2013 it climbed down to the 15th ( Thanks to vol 13 and 15 which basically nothing but fillers). From business perspective this thing could become a problem
But i have high hopes in this year DxD could become the top selling again
May 20, 2014 7:09 AM

Aug 2013
So apparently that tweet I mentioned a while back was for a DxD-style remake of Ishibumi's first work, SLASH/DOG.

Royalknightftw said:
As much as i like to see DxD season 3 as the next guy. I can't help but to feel pessimistic
Judging from the sell in 2012 ( LN series), it easily reached the 6th top selling LN, but in 2013 it climbed down to the 15th ( Thanks to vol 13 and 15 which basically nothing but fillers). From business perspective this thing could become a problem

As you said, it was due to volumes 13 and 15 being mostly short stories. But since all of this years' volumes are going to be super-intense, it may enter the top 5 top selling LNs. I'm sure that...

...had something to do with that as well.

Edit: Also, volume 13 was actually released in 2012. So if volume 13 actually had an affect on 2013's sales, then volume 16's going to have a huge impact for 2014's. Where do you find those statistics, by the way?
Gary29May 20, 2014 7:14 AM
May 20, 2014 8:17 AM

May 2011
Royalknightftw said:

Actually this isn't bad at all! You see this List http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-01/top-selling-light-novels-in-japan-by-series/2013
Which includes the 30 Top selling Light novels of 2013, but that doesn't mean they are only 30 in total (if u know ofc what i mean). The total number of the Light Novels it may be over 100 and here we have the "top 30 best selling of 2013." Yes it climbed down some places, but that doesn't mean it's totally bad cause it's still in the top 20 of the 30 best selling. Despite of that season 3 chances are most (60%) based on the sales of Highschool DxD New (season 2) DVD/BD, because the LN's are a particular profit of the creator & not the studios. Of course it has some point in the continuation cause the creator could say " The anime isn't helping to promote the LN's so we must stop it", but that's not the case based on that the sales of season 2 DxD New DVD/BD was amazing as the 1st season & his LN's keep selling fairly enough with a small drop all in all. (DVD/BD sale season 2 = an average 9.200 copies & 350.000 copies the LN's past year= some Good numbers)
May 21, 2014 9:21 AM

Apr 2014
Royalknightftw said:

The fillers are cool sometimes. But I agree that it's a little annoying.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Respect cannot be made by force or fear, it must be earned overtime; otherwise, it was never respect at all."
~ Malik

Highschool DxD is my all-time favorite series!
May 24, 2014 8:29 AM
Mar 2014
Royalknightftw said:
in 2013 it climbed down to the 15th ( Thanks to vol 13 and 15 which basically nothing but fillers). From business perspective this thing could become a problem

15th is still awesome when you consider there are thousands of LN series being published.

15th in of a field of (say) one thousand still puts the series in the top 2%

There is no problem with the volume of LN sales.

Besides, the next season would cover volumes 5 and 6, which (IIRC) were very good sellers.
May 25, 2014 8:15 AM

May 2011
itisp said:
Royalknightftw said:
in 2013 it climbed down to the 15th ( Thanks to vol 13 and 15 which basically nothing but fillers). From business perspective this thing could become a problem

15th is still awesome when you consider there are thousands of LN series being published.

15th in of a field of (say) one thousand still puts the series in the top 2%

There is no problem with the volume of LN sales.

Besides, the next season would cover volumes 5 and 6, which (IIRC) were very good sellers.

Also the volumes coming next are far far more intersting than the previous with new Characters & an amazing plot!
May 25, 2014 1:43 PM

Dec 2013
Yeah, i really hope my pessimistic POV is proven wrong. Damn it, i really want to see Issei JD animated :)
Jun 10, 2014 3:57 AM
Mar 2013
Hi all. I would like to ask if somebody knows when will be Highschool Dxd season 3 realesed.
Sorry for the bad english.
Jun 10, 2014 8:53 AM

May 2011
edvinassss98 said:
Hi all. I would like to ask if somebody knows when will be Highschool Dxd season 3 realesed.
Sorry for the bad english.

Before posting i would advice you to read the previous comments. If you can see on previous pages all here have already made their opinion clear about when DxD s3 maybe i say maybe is going to be released. Now to your question, nothing official at this moment although creator is making so suspicious comments (to a good way ofc) to his blog about the anime. We already know that the dubb version is going to be released by Funimanation near January 2015 so I believe strongly that this fall (October-November 2014) we are going to have an announcement for 2015 release s3. It's possible & after the posts of the creator in his blog it's been more possible than ever!
Jun 10, 2014 5:57 PM
Aug 2013
Season 3 plz they just went back to thwmselves in end of season2
Jun 16, 2014 2:54 AM

Oct 2013

Finally! I can't wait to see
Jun 16, 2014 3:10 AM

Apr 2013
My feelings tell me that it will air in fall 2014
Jun 16, 2014 3:15 AM

Oct 2013
ccdewa said:

If it does then fall season will be awesome.
Jun 16, 2014 6:23 AM

Jul 2013
-Riptide- said:
ccdewa said:

If it does then fall season will be awesome.

If we go by the past season, it takes 5 cour for the 2nd season to come out after the first season ended. Based on the estimate, it'd be best to assume it'd be out in Winter 14/15. TNK is also doing Blade Dance this summer which will probably be 1-cour only so I'd rather they take a break to improve S3 further cause S2 seems pretty meh to me despite the story getting better.

Jun 16, 2014 8:28 AM
Jun 2008

Looks like my body is ready for third season, hell yeah!
Jun 16, 2014 12:12 PM
Jun 2014
this anime is so amazing. :D
i vote october 2014 :)
Jun 19, 2014 11:35 PM
Jun 2014
-Riptide- said:

Can't agree more.
But if that happens to her, I wonder what will help Ise recover from the inevitable Heroic BSoD.
Jun 21, 2014 11:29 AM

Aug 2009
-Riptide- said:
Read the Light Novel for god's sake.
Lol...
Jun 21, 2014 11:35 AM

Oct 2013
WarStalkeR said:
-Riptide- said:
Lol...

You didn't get my post did you?
Jun 21, 2014 2:01 PM
Jun 21, 2014 6:39 PM

Aug 2009
-Riptide- said:
WarStalkeR said:
Lol...

If you so much in to Drama, than just go and watch Wolf Rain...
Jun 22, 2014 4:41 PM

Jun 2013
Is a go!!!
Hopefully this fall! If not, then most likely winter 2015 :)
Jun 22, 2014 5:26 PM

Oct 2013
WarStalkeR said:
-Riptide- said:

Its not about the drama. Its just that she's a terrible character. Always the damsel in distress. Can't even fend off for herself.
Jun 23, 2014 1:32 AM

Mar 2014
-Riptide- said:
WarStalkeR said:

Its not about the drama. Its just that she's a terrible character. Always the damsel in distress. Can't even fend off for herself.

"I am the Bone of my Sword
Steel is my Body and Fire is my Blood
I have created over a Thousand Blades
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Withstood Pain to create Weapons, Waiting for one’s Arrival
I have no Regrets. This is the only Path
My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works"
Jun 25, 2014 7:24 AM

Dec 2013
-Riptide- said:
WarStalkeR said:

Well,
Jun 27, 2014 10:32 AM

Oct 2013
Royalknightftw said:
-Riptide- said:

Well,

Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirgoodguy - Jul 7, 2013

251 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2013

144 by demxnys »»
Dec 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2013

164 by kitsune0 »»
Sep 21, 2023 2:07 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2013

295 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 8, 2013

115 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 11:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.