Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 1, 2014 10:03 AM

Jun 2012
Newhopes said:
I think a certain person on those forums is going to be happy.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/545/4pdh.jpg

Showing her pretty much comfirms there's going to be another season.

Oh so those actually ARE tapes on her breasts. I remember reading the LN and saw the picture thinking "What the hell is that? Tape?"
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Feb 1, 2014 8:21 PM

Sep 2012
I cant wait!!!

here on the site it says Season 3!!!! http://highschooldxd.net/ cant wait this was so funny!!!
Feb 1, 2014 8:32 PM
Dec 2013
Interesting...
Feb 1, 2014 10:42 PM
Jan 2014
any official news or announcements on season 3 highscool dxd?
Feb 2, 2014 4:07 PM

Jun 2013
Andreasie said:
I cant wait!!!

here on the site it says Season 3!!!! http://highschooldxd.net/ cant wait this was so funny!!!

Nah thats just speculation like here on Mal, scroll through the comments on episode one and no one provides any concrete evidence of season 3.
Feb 2, 2014 4:57 PM

Jul 2013
I really want to see Gaspar's power animated. That would be so epic.
Feb 3, 2014 4:04 PM
Jul 2013
i have a feeling it will be more like July of 2015
Feb 3, 2014 7:07 PM

Sep 2012
krownklown said:
Andreasie said:
I cant wait!!!

Nah thats just speculation like here on Mal, scroll through the comments on episode one and no one provides any concrete evidence of season 3.

even so so far i know thats the Offical site at-least what thats what people tell me so even if its not 100% true its still says S3 and thats enough hope for me bro! so dont crush it :P
Feb 4, 2014 4:16 AM

Jun 2013
But the site is in english, that cant be the official site of Dxd as I assume it would be in Japanese, and not even the most popular work has dual Eng/Jap sites. I am guessing its a fan site.

That being said Vol. 5 sold 8 K combined for blu ray and dvd in its first week, so sales are more than solid to ensure the next season.
Feb 4, 2014 4:40 AM

Jan 2014
krownklown said:
But the site is in english, that cant be the official site of Dxd as I assume it would be in Japanese, and not even the most popular work has dual Eng/Jap sites. I am guessing its a fan site.

That being said Vol. 5 sold 8 K combined for blu ray and dvd in its first week, so sales are more than solid to ensure the next season.

http://www.haremking.tv/story.html This is the official website

and i bloody well hope so, DxD probs my favourite anime fo all time ;p
Feb 4, 2014 9:00 PM

Jun 2013
what are you thoughts on the content of season 3? I am guessing fight against loki, rating games against Sonia, and maybe kyoto trip and the introduction of Issei's second loli Kune.
Feb 5, 2014 12:54 AM

Jan 2014
boobs boobs and more boobs
Feb 5, 2014 5:23 AM

Aug 2013
krownklown said:
what are you thoughts on the content of season 3? I am guessing fight against loki, rating games against Sonia, and maybe kyoto trip and the introduction of Issei's second loli Kune.

Season 3 would be adapting volumes 5 and 6, so there's definitely no room for the Kyoto trip + Kunou (Volume 9) and Loki (Volume 7). They're going to need 24 episodes to accurately adapt just those 2 volumes alone, as both volumes are a lot longer than Volumes 1-4 (Seasons 1 and 2). Based on that info...

Gary29Feb 5, 2014 6:01 AM
Feb 5, 2014 7:08 AM

Feb 2014
Gary29 said:
krownklown said:

Season 3 would be adapting volumes 5 and 6, so there's definitely no room for the Kyoto trip + Kunou (Volume 9) and Loki (Volume 7). They're going to need 24 episodes to accurately adapt just those 2 volumes alone, as both volumes are a lot longer than Volumes 1-4 (Seasons 1 and 2). Based on that info...

This pretty much.

Two volumes per season with maybe some sidestories has been the pattern of DxD so far.

I'd love 24 eps but that probably isn't happening.
Feb 5, 2014 7:21 AM

Mar 2012
RedHazard said:
Gary29 said:
krownklown said:

This pretty much.

Two volumes per season with maybe some sidestories has been the pattern of DxD so far.

You know volume 6 end in a bang and really suited for end of season episode.

~Zoom Zoom Iyaan~
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 5, 2014 9:25 AM

Dec 2013
NeoAnkara said:
RedHazard said:
Gary29 said:
krownklown said:

This pretty much.

You know volume 6 end in a bang and really suited for end of season episode.

~Zoom Zoom Iyaan~

It really would make for a great final episodes. Not to mention that the brief appearance of a certain financially-challenged valkyrie would mean all the main girls will have been animated at one point.
Feb 5, 2014 5:07 PM

Sep 2012
krownklown said:

you got a point there but still there is hope like you said^^
Feb 5, 2014 5:17 PM

Jun 2013
Oh man I completely forgot about Koneko's background. Plus you also need to have Akeno's background as well where Issei must earn her fathers approval.

Woot forgot about Issei's little upgrade, that was a good one as well.

So I guess we would need a season 4 to get to Kune and Loki.

Season 5 five would need to have at least 20 episodes and cover through 12.

I hope DxD continues good sales, and this becomes a rare series where it has 7-10 season despite not being a Shonen Jump work. I mean sale have held steady from season one, and the story only gets better. I mean imo 11-12 would have the highest sales and ratings if animated.
Feb 6, 2014 8:31 AM

Aug 2013
Wouldn't it be better to end Season 5 at Volume 11, one of the biggest cliffhangers in the entire series so far, and announce Season 6 immediately after?

Also, Akeno's background is only beginning to gain depth in season 3. Her father would make his entrance in season 4, at the same time as the events with Loki.

I agree about the sales. Sales have been really solid all the way from season 1, and with the story only getting better it wouldn't be far-fetched to think that DxD will be one of those rare series that animates all the Light Novels and has 10+ seasons. Like you said 11-12 would have really high sales and ratings, but so would Vol10 with Ise vs Sairaorg and the end result of that volume regarding Ise and Rias.
Feb 6, 2014 6:06 PM

Jun 2013
Gary29 said:
Wouldn't it be better to end Season 5 at Volume 11, one of the biggest cliffhangers in the entire series so far, and announce Season 6 immediately after?

Also, Akeno's background is only beginning to gain depth in season 3. Her father would make his entrance in season 4, at the same time as the events with Loki.

I agree about the sales. Sales have been really solid all the way from season 1, and with the story only getting better it wouldn't be far-fetched to think that DxD will be one of those rare series that animates all the Light Novels and has 10+ seasons. Like you said 11-12 would have really high sales and ratings, but so would Vol10 with Ise vs Sairaorg and the end result of that volume regarding Ise and Rias.

I would agree with you on the cliffhanger in ln 11, ddraig's speech would be the perfect last line, but Im worried about a scenario that we get season 5 and not 6, so having 12 sort of wraps up the series if it doesn't continue past that.

In an ideal world I want the anime to continue through the ln's conclusion, but combining the fact that LN anime adaptations are newer, and that the non shonen jump works that i can think of that went more than 3 seasons are two Zero and Natsume's book of friends I can only be pessimistic now and hope that DxD blazes the trail.
Feb 7, 2014 6:10 AM

Aug 2013
krownklown said:

I would agree with you on the cliffhanger in ln 11, ddraig's speech would be the perfect last line, but Im worried about a scenario that we get season 5 and not 6, so having 12 sort of wraps up the series if it doesn't continue past that.

In an ideal world I want the anime to continue through the ln's conclusion, but combining the fact that LN anime adaptations are newer, and that the non shonen jump works that i can think of that went more than 3 seasons are two Zero and Natsume's book of friends I can only be pessimistic now and hope that DxD blazes the trail.

That's true, but the way I look at it, if they're going to be popular enough to go all the way to a season 5 (and so far, it's looking that way), plus the fact said season 5 ends with every anime-watcher on the edge of their seats wanting to know what happens next, it would be pretty hard to deny a season 6.

LN anime adaptations may be newer, but the success of the show is what matters more. If it's profitable, there's no reason not to continue the anime. Personally I can only see DxD's sales rising from now on, since the series only gets better the farther into it you go, so it'll be fun to watch DxD rise to greater popularity.

For those of you who've read the novels... what part of Volumes 5 and 6 do you most want to see animated in season 3?
Feb 7, 2014 6:11 AM

Mar 2012
Gary29 said:
krownklown said:

That's true, but the way I look at it, if they're going to be popular enough to go all the way to a season 5 (and so far, it's looking that way), plus the fact said season 5 ends with every anime-watcher on the edge of their seats wanting to know what happens next, it would be pretty hard to deny a season 6.

LN anime adaptations may be newer, but the success of the show is what matters more. If it's profitable, there's no reason not to continue the anime. Personally I can only see DxD's sales rising from now on, since the series only gets better the farther into it you go, so it'll be fun to watch DxD rise to greater popularity.

For those of you who've read the novels... what part of Volumes 5 and 6 do you most want to see animated in season 3?
Sitting in the lap of course.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 7, 2014 6:25 AM

Dec 2013
Gary29 said:

There's almost too many parts to name. Bilingual, juggernaut drive, and the birth of the switch princess would be great. I'd also be nice to see Ravel's couple of appearances, Rossweisse's brief appearance, and Koneko claiming Issei's lap. For me it would probably be my favorite season if it happens.

As an additional comment about s3, at a recent book signing the author was asked if there are any plans for future seasons and he said that he couldn't disclose that information. So take from that what you will.
Feb 7, 2014 9:10 AM

Jan 2014
I sincerely hope there will be a season 3 although from reading most of the posts on here, and elsewhere it seems as though it's very likely due to high sales and popularity. This is the anime that got me hooked on a GOOD harem. Good enough romance to keep it relevant, the main character is hilarious (Dress break!) and not useless like Tsukune in Rosario+Vampire (although I dropped it after episode 5 so I don;t know if he got better). Anyway, although there is tons of "oppai" and extremely good looking girls *cough* Akeno and Rias *cough* the plot is enough so it doesn't drag and keep the exact same formula every episode. So here's hoping to a season 3, I'm hooked and need my fix of Akeno's ara ara.
Feb 7, 2014 8:04 PM

Jun 2013
Its weird popularity and sales are important, but there have been shows that sold well and did not continue, or at least they were delayed so long then when the next season came the show sold poorly due to the delay.

I assume DxD still has a decent run left in it, on the light novels. But lets for argument sake say it ends at 20 with about 2 or 3 per year. Factoring at least a year of delay between seasons. The series could potentially be over before they even released a season 4. If they got as far as five which would LNs 11ish, could have already been 3 or more years since the end of the light novel. It would effect sales imo.

Just as an anime can help a light novel or manga, the reverse is true as well.

But enough talk of pessimism.

Personally I wan to see the part where Rias and Ravel's moms say, take good care of these ladies young man. I mean outside of Tenchi and maybe Shuffle (at least the Demon and God King) I have never seen parental approval of the harem plan. Although I don't think this is until 10?

Is there any news of us at least getting OVAs to tide up over? We got 2 ovas before season 2 came out.
Feb 7, 2014 8:08 PM

Jan 2014
Good point, I hope we at least get an OVA or two. I want more Akeno now.

In all seriousness though, I think it's very likely that there will be a third season but I have no idea when that will be, I;m think 2015 at this point but as long as there are a couple of nicely spaced out OVA's it would help.
Feb 8, 2014 4:44 AM

Mar 2012
Dofy said:
I sincerely hope there will be a season 3 although from reading most of the posts on here, and elsewhere it seems as though it's very likely due to high sales and popularity. This is the anime that got me hooked on a GOOD harem. Good enough romance to keep it relevant, the main character is hilarious (Dress break!) and not useless like Tsukune in Rosario+Vampire (although I dropped it after episode 5 so I don;t know if he got better). Anyway, although there is tons of "oppai" and extremely good looking girls *cough* Akeno and Rias *cough* the plot is enough so it doesn't drag and keep the exact same formula every episode. So here's hoping to a season 3, I'm hooked and need my fix of Akeno's ara ara.
You must be haven't read R+V manga don't you?
Feb 8, 2014 10:59 AM
Oct 2013
Looking at all the other anime TNK has made, isn't this by far the most popular and successful one? I see School Days, but I don't know how well that sold, it has a pretty bad reputation... Seems only logical for them to keep making seasons even beyond the third one. Doubt they'll find anything as successful as this for a long time.
Feb 8, 2014 11:37 AM

Jan 2014
NeoAnkara said:
Dofy said:

Nope, I haven't touched the manga at all. I actually liked the first two episodes of the show to be honest but the formula for the next two were the exact same as the previous 2. I also heard it doesn't change this formula for the rest of the season so I dropped it. However, if Tsukune finally grows a spine and stops blaming his own ineptitude then I'll definitely revive my interest as I do like the concept in general.
Feb 8, 2014 12:11 PM

Dec 2013
Storm101 said:
Looking at all the other anime TNK has made, isn't this by far the most popular and successful one? I see School Days, but I don't know how well that sold, it has a pretty bad reputation... Seems only logical for them to keep making seasons even beyond the third one. Doubt they'll find anything as successful as this for a long time.

TNK actually had something that averaged 13k, but that was 14 years ago. A good sign for DxD is that it currently holds the top two spots for average anime sales for its LN label (http://www38.atwiki.jp/uri-archive/m/pages/33.html?guid=on).
Feb 8, 2014 8:12 PM

Jun 2013
Dofy said:
NeoAnkara said:
Dofy said:

Nope, I haven't touched the manga at all. I actually liked the first two episodes of the show to be honest but the formula for the next two were the exact same as the previous 2. I also heard it doesn't change this formula for the rest of the season so I dropped it. However, if Tsukune finally grows a spine and stops blaming his own ineptitude then I'll definitely revive my interest as I do like the concept in general.

The anime RV was a bastardization.

That said RV overall I would rate well below DxD, once it got to the fairy tail arc and moved away from the school setting the series dropped in quality, and especially the ALucard thing.

And you know what, we still never saw Moka's father. What the junk?
Feb 8, 2014 8:16 PM

Mar 2012
krownklown said:
Dofy said:
NeoAnkara said:
Dofy said:

That said RV overall I would rate well below DxD, once it got to the fairy tail arc and moved away from the school setting the series dropped in quality, and especially the ALucard thing.

What are you talking about? Issa is in the flashback.
Feb 9, 2014 12:38 AM

Jun 2013
NeoAnkara said:
krownklown said:
Dofy said:
NeoAnkara said:
Dofy said:

Wow. So the guy who somehow romanced Moka's mom, the crazy chick in charge of Fairy Tail, and whoever Akua's mom was (someone related to Alucard); the guy said to be beyond S class was seen in a flashback and as a fake clone. For them not to show such a character in present time is joke. Hell we saw more of nobodies like Tsukene's parents and even cousin. Even the other girl's had their parents shown.

I know personally I was waiting for his appearance almost as much as anything else, and I don't think its an uncommon thought. And in the end we don't see him. Good Game.
Feb 9, 2014 11:18 AM
Feb 2014
krownklown said:
NeoAnkara said:
krownklown said:
Dofy said:
NeoAnkara said:
Dofy said:

Wow. So the guy who somehow romanced Moka's mom, the crazy chick in charge of Fairy Tail, and whoever Akua's mom was (someone related to Alucard); the guy said to be beyond S class was seen in a flashback and as a fake clone. For them not to show such a character in present time is joke. Hell we saw more of nobodies like Tsukene's parents and even cousin. Even the other girl's had their parents shown.

I know personally I was waiting for his appearance almost as much as anything else, and I don't think its an uncommon thought. And in the end we don't see him. Good Game.

R+V manga is far better than the animation , Tsukune Becomes a vampire , a powerfull vampire , kokoa isn`t such a pain , and tsukune ultimate form is incredible

Concerning dxd , sales figures that will be a 3rd season , and except from other anime with harem genre this show has kind of a plot . in 16 volume we see vali lucifer grandfather , and the action became better than the fight from others anime such as naruto . And i believe that will be 12 episode cuz from what i see tehy cut some point form the light novels ( such as the two father meeting after the phoenix battle etc.) i dont think that they will fully animate the entire battle at sitri match . And if they animate the juggernaut drive we will see for sure that will exist season 4 , beacuse the battles become more and more exciting .
DragoMuseveniFeb 9, 2014 12:32 PM
Feb 9, 2014 6:21 PM

Jul 2013
I really want to see the scene where Rias and Issei have to face off against the Devil Kings in power ranger suits. That shit would be hilarious.
Feb 9, 2014 7:16 PM

Jun 2013
I want to see when the girls go to the hot springs and Grayfia gets drunk and complains that Issei does not call her oneesan.
Feb 10, 2014 3:51 AM

Mar 2012
Volume 17 cover page is up in BT and Code-Zero have the preview for it in his blog.

Here is for those who interest with the preview.

http://shincodezeroblog.wordpress.com/2014/01/28/volume-16-done-and-volume-17-coming-out-in-few-weeks/
Feb 10, 2014 3:59 AM

Jul 2013
"If I were ever to be used by them……, will you please kill me if that time comes, Ise-kun?"
                                ――Rossweisse

Oh god, please tell me that's not foreshadowing anything. Dammit, I haven't even read Volume 16 since I've been too busy with Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. Also, is there Novel Illustrations missing from Volume 16? There's only two pictures, that can't be right?
Feb 10, 2014 4:03 AM

Mar 2012
The illustration for volume 16 is only a few. But I can forgive it since Shirone mode is getting illustrated.
Feb 10, 2014 4:07 AM

Jul 2013
NeoAnkara said:
The illustration for volume 16 is only a few. But I can forgive it since Shirone mode is getting illustrated.

Shirone mode? What's that? Sounds intriguing, guess ill have to read it to find out.
Feb 10, 2014 4:19 AM

Mar 2012
Ophis said:
NeoAnkara said:

Shirone mode? What's that? Sounds intriguing, guess ill have to read it to find out.
If you pay attention to the technique name you will know who use itr.
Feb 10, 2014 4:33 AM

Jul 2013
NeoAnkara said:

I got that much, its probably related to Koneko. Just looked it up on the wiki. Now I can't wait to see it. Maybe then Koneko will get 1st place for my favourite girl.
Feb 10, 2014 4:48 AM

Mar 2012
Ophis said:
NeoAnkara said:

I got that much, its probably related to Koneko. Just looked it up on the wiki. Now I can't wait to see it. Maybe then Koneko will get 1st place for my favourite girl.
She will be so awesome that you will have to add her to your favorite character list.
Feb 10, 2014 5:03 AM

Jul 2013
Well I just found this. Not sure as to how close it is since I've not read it yet.
Feb 10, 2014 5:20 AM

Aug 2013
Ophis said:
Well I just found this. Not sure as to how close it is since I've not read it yet.

It's pretty accurate for the colored illustration. Here's the original:

Feb 10, 2014 5:43 PM

Jun 2013
Its nice that Rosselweisse might finally get some screen time, she has so far had the least development, hell non harem members have had more development than her.

Also I can't see any harem member ever dying. Sometimes I am kind of ticked off like in Hobbit Desolation of Smaug when no one dies, but DxD doesn't need any good guys biting the bullet.

I wouldn't be terribly upset of Azazel or Vali went out in gar fashion, but that is about it.

Also I am curious as to this other world that Vali's granddad is interested in. Its already been hinted at with the breast fairy, so this has me interested.

Personally my feeling is that God and/or Satan are ultimately trolling everyone else and did not actually die. Either that or they go the spawn route (Todd Mcfarlene) and God and Satan were merely the creations of someone greater.
Feb 10, 2014 8:24 PM

Jul 2013
I think people would be pissed as fuck if any of the girls died (maybe they could get away with Kiba). With this type of LN though its all about everything going the good guys way (by the end) so I would guess the core group has plot armor 20 inches thick. Azazel or any character just outside of the core (especially those in mentor or friendly rival roles) might be fair game though for some drama.

Also agreed that the Valkyrie getting some screen time love. She needs development because she has a lot of interesting potential that remains untapped. Plus she isn't actually in the harem (yet) so she might be due a bonding with Issei scene soon.
Feb 11, 2014 8:12 AM
Feb 2014
Feb 11, 2014 9:30 AM

Jul 2013
what is that from? ^
Feb 11, 2014 9:42 AM

Aug 2013
Those are DxD New BD extra scenes.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirgoodguy - Jul 7, 2013

251 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2013

144 by demxnys »»
Dec 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2013

164 by kitsune0 »»
Sep 21, 2023 2:07 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2013

295 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 8, 2013

115 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 11:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.