Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2009 7:59 PM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Maia is actually the lone survivor of Atlantis who was frozen for a hundred years until she was accidentally found. That was the fucking story I was waiting for 21 long episodes. Fuck you, whoever wrote that fucking thing.

Well, it's better than another worn-out "baby on the doorstep" story.
I don't know karate, but I know karazy
May 5, 2009 7:19 PM
Feb 2008
Ah it wasn't that bad though kinda fucked up. Definitely pulled a Captain America there Maia.
Apr 10, 2012 2:07 PM

Jun 2010
I was expecting this once they had mentioned Maia's amnesia and the mystery of the lost city and they did sprinkle a few clues about the place, like Maia's strange reaction to seeing a picture of Millie's great-grandmother...but I just don't really care. This series has been pretty bad at world-building so I just don't care about the undersea cities before they surfaced or anything.

And while we've established that Maia is from a hundred years ago we still don't know why this is so important and why there's secrecy and conspiracy surrounding it all. When there's only two episodes left, I'd say they're cutting things a bit close.
Feb 14, 2015 9:29 AM
Jun 2013
I dont get why they didint focus on this at episode 18 or 19. They now have only 2 episodes left to wrap everything up. I wonder how they will handle it. Kinda feel bad for maia since she had hope maybe her bro survived,but looks like thats a no.
Apr 21, 2022 8:48 AM

Jul 2017
Wasn't ready for that reveal. It came as real twist given everything that I thought was actually the case lmao. Like, damn, it really shakes things up when it's that big. A lot more tragic than what I thought it would be.

I wanted that onii-chan reveal so bad. This is too much lol.

Really love Ai's connection to Maia. Best part of this reveal.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Daphne in the Brilliant Blue Episode 17 Discussion

ballistique - Feb 3, 2009

5 by Shmubm »»
Feb 9, 5:14 AM

» Worth Watching?

dustinator1991 - Dec 29, 2021

6 by tchitchouan »»
Jul 16, 2023 1:49 AM

Poll: » Daphne in the Brilliant Blue Episode 9 Discussion

ballistique - Feb 2, 2009

5 by JaniSIr »»
May 7, 2022 12:38 PM

Poll: » Daphne in the Brilliant Blue Episode 24 Discussion

thatguy - May 13, 2009

7 by Attackonfiller »»
Apr 27, 2022 6:53 PM

Poll: » Hikari to Mizu no Daphne Episode 23 Discussion

Attackonfiller - Apr 21, 2022

0 by Attackonfiller »»
Apr 21, 2022 9:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.