Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 6, 2013 3:11 PM
Jul 2013
I've always been a Rayman fan, and have played the original, Great Escape, and Hoodlum Havoc. Never played Origins due to various circumstances, but I heard it was on the level of Super Mario Galaxy. As for Legends, it is being called the best platformer of the last ten years, which is a huge claim.
Sep 6, 2013 4:07 PM

Aug 2012
It's worth it if you have 2 or more controllers.
Sep 6, 2013 4:08 PM
Aug 2013
nah for me.
Sep 6, 2013 5:05 PM

Jul 2007
yes yes and yes. Its literally the BEST Rayman game ever made and one of THE best platformers ever made.
Sep 6, 2013 5:09 PM

Sep 2011
It is more than worth it, both legends and origins are proof of not only that 2D platformers can be good, but they can actually land themselves up in the ranks as some of the best platformers ever released, legends is everything good about origins made better

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 6, 2013 5:56 PM
Jul 2018
Yup, Rayman (the main series) has consistently made great games
Sep 6, 2013 6:29 PM

Aug 2012
Super Mario Galaxy > All platformers I have ever played.

And I have played all them. Including all those Rayman games, Sonic games, Mario games, and well, all them.

And I am not talking about Super Mario Galaxy 2. I am talking about the first one. The second one sucks.
Sep 13, 2013 5:58 AM

Mar 2013
Awesome game with no doubts
but 60$ i would have give it a second though :P
Sep 14, 2013 10:01 AM
Sep 2013
It's pretty fun I suppose, but it's nothing to blow $60 on. You can easily have more fun with a used game that you can get for $10-15.
Sep 15, 2013 1:16 PM

Feb 2013
Rayman Origins on the same level as Mario Galaxy? Definitely not, not even close, I mean it's a solid game, but Mario Galaxy is far better.
@topic: I'm really torn on Rayman Legends, I want to torrent it on PC because I'm pissed off at Ubisoft for delaying the Wii U version and I want to make a statement against their irresponsible business practices, but I also want to buy the Wii U version because pretty much every review says it's the best version, plus I want to support the developers because they had nothing to do with the game getting delayed and I don't think it's fair for them to suffer because of a decision made by the publisher. I'm leaning more towards torrenting it though because I don't want to let Ubisoft feel like they can keep getting away with this bullshit, I mean we're the fans and sometimes I think the publishers forget how much our opinion matters to them, without us they're nothing.
Sep 15, 2013 11:06 PM

Feb 2010
ok most modern games are not worth 60$
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 15, 2013 11:14 PM

Apr 2011
I'm gonna buy it when the price has gone down.
Sep 16, 2013 2:29 PM

Nov 2007
Bought it for my boyfriend recently, and he thinks it's one of the best Rayman games...and he's been playing them since the first one was released. So I'd say yeah. It's especially awesome on the Wii U because of the touch screen.
Sep 16, 2013 2:57 PM

Apr 2011
I will probably wait for the price to drop, but Origins is a great game and I'm sure Legends is too. I guess a lot of it has to do with if you enjoy 2D platformers, if you do they are some of the best you can buy right now. I would probably suggest getting Origins first though, it should be cheap so there's no excuse.
Sep 16, 2013 3:04 PM

Sep 2011
deadjames said:
Rayman Origins on the same level as Mario Galaxy? Definitely not, not even close, I mean it's a solid game, but Mario Galaxy is far better.
@topic: I'm really torn on Rayman Legends, I want to torrent it on PC because I'm pissed off at Ubisoft for delaying the Wii U version and I want to make a statement against their irresponsible business practices, but I also want to buy the Wii U version because pretty much every review says it's the best version, plus I want to support the developers because they had nothing to do with the game getting delayed and I don't think it's fair for them to suffer because of a decision made by the publisher. I'm leaning more towards torrenting it though because I don't want to let Ubisoft feel like they can keep getting away with this bullshit, I mean we're the fans and sometimes I think the publishers forget how much our opinion matters to them, without us they're nothing.

2D platformers generally are just better than 3D to me, 3D is good and all but theres nothing that can beat that fast paced 2d platforming that never stops moving and things are happening every second. But yes mario galaxy is definetly up there and is one of the few things to come out of nintendo in the past 6 years that didnt piss me off

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 16, 2013 5:37 PM

Feb 2013
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

2D platformers generally are just better than 3D to me, 3D is good and all but theres nothing that can beat that fast paced 2d platforming that never stops moving and things are happening every second. But yes mario galaxy is definetly up there and is one of the few things to come out of nintendo in the past 6 years that didnt piss me off
Honestly, I think 2D and 3D platformers are so different that you could consider them two different genres, so in retrospect I take back what I said because I don't think it's fair to compare Rayman Origins to Mario Galaxy, but I definitely think Mario Galaxy is better than Rayman 2 and 3 even though those are both really good games, and personally I think Nintendo has come out with lots of good games in the past six years besides Galaxy; Galaxy 2, DKC Returns, Xenoblade, FE: Awakening, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Nintendo Land, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3, Pokemon 5th gen, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, Bowser's Inside Story, Wario Land: Shake It, and Metroid: Other M were all good. Even the New Super Mario games have all been pretty fun, albeit very repetitive and lacking in creativity, my only complaint about them is the multiplayer because your friends usually end up hindering you, more than helping you. The only really big disappointments for me were Skyward Sword, Smash Bros. Brawl, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, and Mario Party 8.
deadjamesSep 16, 2013 5:41 PM

More topics from this board

» Favorite strategy video games

EarthHero - May 31

34 by Alpha-Nine »»
5 hours ago

» An old game you always wanted to play ,but never got the chance to play it?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

7 by Thy-Veseveia »»
6 hours ago

» What's yalls favorite Pokemon?

Conraddoyle - Feb 13

47 by Midna »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom announced

wildhood - Jun 18

7 by Midna »»
12 hours ago

» What are you're favourite Pokémon Games?

Pg13_ - May 27

28 by Midna »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.