Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2013 4:15 PM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Don't they know that people sweat?
I've wondered recently why nobody (iirc) has ever used dogs to capture Lupin. I haven't thought about tigers
They knew that Lupin was disguised as Zenigata and didn't even bother to change the code? For four months?
Sep 21, 2013 10:25 PM

Jun 2010
Another excellent episode. There always seemed to be something interesting happening visually in too many ways to mention them all, whether it was Lupin's tussle with the guard dog or just the sight of a very hairy Lupin. Goofy in all the right places, has Lupin being a jerk in entertaining ways, and some a little bit of actual action for once.
Nov 27, 2013 3:05 PM
Apr 2008
Who'd have thought a chase scene in Lupin III would be so exciting?

Very creative episode here, where its flaws were masked somewhat by its loony charm.
Sep 27, 2016 11:06 AM

Jan 2012
In which Lupin takes on the most impenetrable safe. Mixed feelings here. Loved the motorcycle chase with the english insert song. But I can't deny Lupin seemed especially douchey in this one. Directly responsible for all the dead guards when those cars blew up, and one dead tiger. Plus, although they show it taking him months to crack the safe the actual operation felt like it went too smoothly, until the tiger end anyway. If they intentionally left all the codes the same from Lupin's earlier infiltration I hoped for a better trap than Zenigata given how weak and pathetic they made him here. Moreso than usual even. Oh well, the classical music runner was nice and in line with previous outings. Fujiko only briefly appeared in this one, but she was drawn especially beautiful here:
Oct 25, 2016 6:26 AM

Jul 2008
There is such a thing as too much security.
Mar 13, 2019 4:03 AM

Oct 2012
"I don't understand classical or art"
Wait a minute Jigen, few episodes back didn't you say you're a big fan of classical? :P

Still don't understand why classic music disables the reactor noise

How did Zenigata get in there in the first place then?
"Konoyaro oboeteroyo" while holding the balloon with his mouth
Poor Totchan xD
"Signature removed"
Jun 22, 2019 5:21 AM

Sep 2011
That was one really dangerous safe, but it was no match to classical music, and I guess there's no safe Lupin can't break into. But how and why was Zenigata inside of it? XD The poor guy just appeared to suffer again. lol And I felt bad for that poor tiger.
Oct 11, 2021 8:08 AM
Apr 2015
Rayl1ght said:
"I don't understand classical or art"
Wait a minute Jigen, few episodes back didn't you say you're a big fan of classical? :P

Still don't understand why classic music disables the reactor noise

How did Zenigata get in there in the first place then?
"Konoyaro oboeteroyo" while holding the balloon with his mouth
Poor Totchan xD

And yet in Episode 79 he dozes off during a classical music concert.
Mar 2, 2:49 AM
Apr 2015
What was with Jigen's reaction as he was leaving Lupin in the cabin? There's nothing wrong with it. In fact, I think it's sweet.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 65 Discussion

Serhiyko - Aug 24, 2013

8 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 23 Discussion

animefan8800 - Mar 25, 2016

5 by SourNote2014 »»
Mar 22, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 5 Discussion

Arcanus - Aug 10, 2013

5 by SourNote2014 »»
Mar 22, 10:49 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 16 Discussion

Fronzel - Oct 3, 2012

8 by SourNote2014 »»
Mar 22, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 59 Discussion

Shocked - Oct 18, 2014

7 by SourNote2014 »»
Mar 22, 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.