Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 26, 2013 10:09 PM

Feb 2009
A 55 page preview of NT8(essentially the first chapter of the volume) is out right now and as usual, based js06 is already in the process of translating it.
So let's open a discussion for this like before.

Go nuts.
belatkuroAug 26, 2013 10:22 PM
Aug 27, 2013 3:41 AM

Aug 2010
1st part...Damn that was one of the most hilarious things I've ever read hahahaha
So it was in the bathtub afterall XDXDXD
Lol'd so much at how the narration introduced Touma and his misfortune then described his hell (or technically heaven ;D ) with Leivinia and Lessar. And Kyaa crunch crunch crunch XD, And Lessar letting him touch her boobs XD

Loved this part

[He was used to having absolutely nothing go according to plan, so the only way to reach the success before his eyes was to make his way there by adlibbing. Several times in the past…no, about a dozen times in the past…no, no, several dozen times in the past, he had made his way through unthinkable deadly battles like that. No battle had ever followed his expectations from beginning to end. Whenever he was perfectly surrounded, he would destroy it all at the root by using an unexpected method that would only work in that specific instance.]

Also 2nd part with Roberto was sooooooo lol XD How he was reading a top100 bunnygirl magazine while eating a hotdog waiting to meet the leaders of each country hahahaha so hilarious XD...And his reaction to Kanzaki XDXD also the protrusion he had in his pants lol XD

Anyway these 2 parts were really hilarious. Can't wait for more Go go Based Js06 :D
Barion-ZaraAug 27, 2013 3:06 PM
Aug 27, 2013 2:10 PM

Aug 2010
Full preview up and translated :)

Loved it so much. This volume has been hilarious so far XD

Leivinia sitting on Touma's lap is so cute and she even wants to keep doing so at school...Touma u're officially screwed XD
But u're a lucky bastard too >_<

Really hope it happens and we see Aogami's reaction hahaha

Also really glad the thing about Mikoto was fake...she just safely removed them from Misaki's Hot onee san type troops so that Touma's harem doesn't grow any larger and this time wants an explanation :D...thank god, I was really scared that Mikoto might do Sth stupid.

Also she asked the question we all wanna know >_<

Loved seeing what the people from the alliance think about Ollerus's invasion. Things are getting interesting.

I can't wait for some illustrations ^^
Barion-ZaraAug 27, 2013 3:05 PM
Sep 5, 2013 6:33 PM
Mar 2013
Here are the new spoilers for New Testament Volume 8. The first set of spoilers were fake. These blew my mind WAAAY more than NT 7 spoilers did and way more than the first set of spoilers. I think these came out today. Js06 mentioned it. Anyway, I'll spoiler them. Look at your own discretion.

BTW: when comparing the levels of epicness between this volume and last volume there is not even a comparison. And we get tons of wonderful plot :D

As you can see it's a super long volume.
Sep 6, 2013 5:18 AM
Oct 2012
Then Index had a bad end? unexpected.
Sep 6, 2013 5:25 AM

Aug 2010
Lol seems like it :p

Anyway, the spoilers look awesome.

Can't wait for some illustrations :D
Sep 6, 2013 5:29 AM

Feb 2009
That spoiler was out about two days ago.
And while the spoilers for the past 2(3?) volumes were spot on, having two spoilers now kind of makes me doubtful for their authenticity. Both content are reasonable, especially the first one with the distortion and stuff. Wouldn't surprise me if the truth is mixed in both of them.
Either way, volume will be out next week, translation a few days later. We'll see what's true or not.
Sep 9, 2013 6:18 AM

Feb 2009
And illustrations leaks are already out. I have a big boner for Othinus.
Goddammit Haimura, stop drawing villains who are so delicious. And lots of developments from those illustrations. Touma and his swag with that hoodie is unstoppable. Plus with Index and Mikoto. So much win. And that two page black spread. Shit!
Seems like most, if not all the second spoiler is true. The first spoiler was still good though.

Can't wait to read it.
Sep 9, 2013 1:53 PM
Oct 2012
Touma is badass, he vs Hothinus is the second best illustration vol, second only to the Red Dragon.
Sep 9, 2013 6:14 PM

Feb 2009
Acernos said:
Touma is badass, he vs Hothinus is the second best illustration vol, second only to the Red Dragon.
>Red Dragon
>best illustration
>not the colored illustration of the hotness that is Othinus(HOThinus?)
( ¬‿¬)
Sep 10, 2013 2:05 PM

Aug 2010
Othinus is FRIGGIN HOT! *A* I can't really call her a loli anymore.
That pic with the trio was BA!!! Especially Touma and his new hoodie. He's between them like a BOSS!!!
Just how much more fashionable will u get dude XD

2days left >_<
Sep 17, 2013 6:19 AM

Feb 2009
Still no one here? Oh well.

That one part of chapter 2 is much more hilarious and better than all the fillers combined in the Railgun S anime. Goddammit, couldn't stop laughing. There is no brakes on the Fukou da train, huh Touma. Though shopping with 4 girls, I wouldn't call that suffering. One of them even wants to strip herself and him naked at the same time! Goddammit.
Then again, all of them are pretty dangerous. Fukou da indeed.

Can't wait to read more.
Sep 17, 2013 11:23 AM

Aug 2010
Friggin hilarious first part

All dem quotes are so fabulous. Really I would probably quote the whole part from how awesome it was.

Touma being a closet pervert entering Jinzou mode to resist XD

Leivinia dragging her onii chan shopping must be a dream come true. lol at Marks reply to her mail hahaha

Mikoto breaking was bakawaii <3

And finally Lessar’s awesome choices. I'd choose the skull ^^
Lucky bastard Touma >_<
double suicide stripping ftw hahaha
Sep 18, 2013 8:32 AM

Aug 2010
No body yet :/

Reached part 7 of Chp2

Well Awesome volume til now

Roberto was owned when Elizard told him
“If you are after her body, go to the corner of the room and use your right hand instead. hahaha XD

Touma also owned Lessar. poor Lessar breaking down like that.
but well Toumas glory didn't last for long...fuko da...misunderstanding him as a cross dresser XD

Nice seeing William again. and good to know he can still fight

Also Maria appearing again and probably gonna stay for the whole volume ^^
Sep 18, 2013 11:39 PM
Oct 2012
Done with chap 2 oh man this is getting so interesting
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Himel_713&sclick=1]
Sep 19, 2013 6:23 AM

Feb 2009
Being Kakine is suffering.
Sep 19, 2013 8:26 AM

Aug 2010
belatkuro said:
Being Kakine is suffering.

Hahaha poor Kakine.

Anyway reaaly nice til now. didn't expect Loki. he's awesome!!
And such a troll XD

Touma being treated like a warhead XD
Abd William only remembering him as a right hand
oh Touma. ..Fuko da hahaha

Maria jumping into Toumas lap saying I'm going too. I wonder what Seria would say XD
Lessar jealous about the attention Maria is getting lol
And mikoto thinking about misaki hahaha.
loved how Touma decided to jump off with Mikoto if shit got real hehe <3

Othinus owning kakine and making him her bitch. BA and Hot! What more from a villain do u need ^^
All we need is for her to join the harem

“Be of use to me. …If you can’t, I’ll carefully remake everything about you until you can and do. It will be like holding a girl’s head down and beating her face into something completely unrecognizable with your fist"

I'd love to be the M if she's my S <3
Sep 19, 2013 10:52 AM
Oct 2012
finally will now start the battle against the Norse monsters, it is not possible that Mikoto continues without believing in magic after that, come touman, make your Falcon fly.
Sep 21, 2013 3:13 AM

Aug 2010
Chap3 til part4

Damn Othinus!! I'm loving her more and more. She's not only hot, sadistic and awesome but a friggin genius too <3
Really impressive plan she has there. It's like she has all the opposing forces playing between her fingers. Well I doubt Aliester gives a crap if he has to cause blood shed but still...

And just how much Fuko da does Touma have XD...parachute not working
Poor Touma
And he's already half dead XD...well I guess Othinus needs a handicap so that Touma doesn't kick her ass too easily
I wonder what he saw at the end of part1 though?

Mikoto was BA saving Index and analyzing the situation like that

I'm loving that there's a dragon. Damn just imagining a dragon hanging on Tokyo Tower gives me goosebumps. That sure sounds epic!!!
The illustration for it is awesome too ^^

I was hoping to see Tabikake and Touya in part 4 but I guess that'll have to wait for later. I really wanna know what they're doing
Sep 21, 2013 10:02 PM
Oct 2012
Done with chap 3
oh freyja vs kamijou next!! Can't wait
Sep 22, 2013 1:49 AM

Feb 2009
Kamijou putting his sneaking skills to good use, seeing as it's at max value already.
Needs a costume change in order to max that skill as well.
Though wtf, jumping on a train from a wind duct. Even with all the feats he's done, this one is just so extreme.
And Frejya. I dunno but I find her kinda sexy. I'm not normally attracted to pregnant women but there's something about her that's appealing to me. This fight should be fun.

Oh and Innocentius ftw.
Sep 22, 2013 1:53 AM

Aug 2010
Another brilliant chapter :D

Touma defeating the most Muspell's was awesome ^^ and he did it non-chalantly without a worry too XD
Falling onto the train did him more damage than most of the stuff he's been through til now XD

I was also thinking he's gonna disguise as a police man or something to max it but well...<_< XD

And now it's time to falcon punch and Kamijou-fy a pregnant lady. Well, I guess there's a first time for everything

And u're not the only one Belat XD I find her sexy too hahaha

Stiyl vs Jormungand mid-flight is awesome. Stiyl in an air battle should be nice.

I really hope this arc is 3 vols like WWIII. It's just as epic so far. Only thing it's missing is Accel and Co...Amakusa joining in would be nice too.
Sep 24, 2013 8:31 AM

Aug 2010
Chp4 pt 7-13

Epic!!

Kamachi is on a role this volume. Absulotely loving it :D

I was waiting to see what the context of that trio pic was and it didn't disappoint one bit.
Touma asking for help A miracle XD
Loved Mikoto and Index replying at the same time with the same words. Really BA scene there. With tons of character development ^^

Shina's message was nice esp in that situation hehe.

Touya is just as BA as Tabigake. Who would've thought he'd be with Lindy XD
I too really want to know how he'd react if he finds out Touma knows her and how deeply he's involved in this shit hahaha

Fenrir referring to Touma was pretty interesting.

Ollerus is twisted now? That part interested me.

The Foreshadowing for Othinus was nice (;...She's totally joining the harem >_<

Oh and also ofc lol'd at Touma saying the laws can eat shit
Didn't expect he'd actually care about hitting a pregnant woman :p /jk
Sep 24, 2013 4:42 PM
Oct 2012
this chapter 4 was sensational, Touma gain more character development.
Sep 24, 2013 4:43 PM
Oct 2012
Fenrir has a power very interesting.
Sep 25, 2013 9:26 AM

Aug 2010
Chap4...

I don't know how many times I've said this during this volume...but best chapter yet.

Mikoto was pretty damn BA destroying the dragon with that machine railgun.
Lol'd when she came back at the end asking Touma why the hell he left her alone <3
That wasn't nice Touma, leaving ur wife like that for another pregnant woman

Leivinia asking..."you got ur self another girl and this time pregnant. That part was hilarious

Also Lessar saying By the way, I’m perfectly fine with a guy who can’t help but go for a pregnant woman.” So hilarious. Poor Touma. 50% of his life is misunderstandings. Fuko da XD

Then Kagun being absolutely BA. Damn he gained my respect even more even when he's dead. *salute*

Then that Maria x Kagun scene...The feeeeels T_T
Very beautiful. Bravo Kamachi! Love how Maria accepted everything.

Gotta admit. Really liked Frejya. Her resolve is pretty damn amazing.

Also again poor Kakine-chan.
So put ur bets...how many think Kakine is gonna be the nxt loli girl XD
Sep 25, 2013 9:14 PM
Oct 2012
Oh what an epilogue. Totally made my day. Sort of expected that
othinus is so brilliant :-/
can't wait for vol 9 :3
Sep 26, 2013 7:31 AM
Oct 2012
that tense finale was this?

I thought I would faint Touma there so much nervousness, quite looking forward to the continuation.

My current ranking of the NT

1 - vol 4
2 - vol 8
3 - vol 6
Sep 26, 2013 8:58 AM

Aug 2010
Loved it from start to finish :D

I know Ollerus just got screwed but I want to be in his place...smelling Othinus's sweet breath *A*...Lucky bastard (or not :P)

Really love Othinus now. She's so evil XD...Lol'd at the reason she destroyed everything just because these small fights would be a drag.

Fiamma was pretty BA too. Well not enough for Othinus hehe.

So what nxt. That's the question we all want to know. Can't wait for NT9 >_<

Imagine the nxt volume beginning as if nothing happened and IB brought back the world to its reference again. What a troll that would be

I hope not though. I'd prefer if Touma had a conversation with the thing in him before waking up.
Oct 3, 2013 10:51 PM

Feb 2010
gaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now to wait 4 months or more for the next volume Q_Q.

that cliffhanger man.

side note why does gungir look similar to blasting staff :o
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 13, 2013 5:33 PM

Feb 2010
Barion-Zara said:
Loved it from start to finish :D

I know Ollerus just got screwed but I want to be in his place...smelling Othinus's sweet breath *A*...Lucky bastard (or not :P)

Really love Othinus now. She's so evil XD...Lol'd at the reason she destroyed everything just because these small fights would be a drag.

Fiamma was pretty BA too. Well not enough for Othinus hehe.

So what nxt. That's the question we all want to know. Can't wait for NT9 >_<

Imagine the nxt volume beginning as if nothing happened and IB brought back the world to its reference again. What a troll that would be

I hope not though. I'd prefer if Touma had a conversation with the thing in him before waking up.
well i think index might do something she already mention that with the magic tomes stored in her head some one could alter the world drastically. shes also one of the few who could become a majin like Othinus
GrimAtramentOct 13, 2013 9:48 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 17, 2013 1:45 AM

Aug 2009
So what, is Freiya the first girl to not receive Touma's punch-to-the-face?
Oct 18, 2013 11:03 AM
Oct 2012
Not, in Road to Endymion, Kamijou defeated a magician called Sozty just activating of the system of air circulation and threats.

"Kamijou grabbed the girl’s collar with both hands and slammed her back forcefully against the nearby wall.

Will you admit defeat here or do I need to punch you first? It’s your choice,” said Kamijou as the girl struggled to breathe. “Whatever happens, you aren’t getting a chance to end this by dying. Keep that in mind as you choose.”

Kamijou-san is a brutal man.
Nov 10, 2013 3:14 PM
Aug 2012
I wish he punshed Frejya tho. So he could check "a pregnant woman" off his "people to punch" list.
Apr 3, 2014 5:37 PM

Nov 2011
ssjokg said:
So what, is Freiya the first girl to not receive Touma's punch-to-the-face?

As an antagonist, nope.

A lot of teases this volume huh? Well Lessar on most parts anyways. And what, we meet Touma’s parents this volume too. TBh, the first half felt a bit dragged imo especially at the shopping mall with the swimsuits. Then again, it picked up quickly with Misaka and Index. Oh and speaking of that, she got a role NT at last!

This arc was pretty awesome though with Freyja imo, another member of GREMLIN. I’m a bit surprised at her true form though but nonetheless, her motivation for joining GREMLIN is something that I actually admire. Níðhöggr is pretty awesome though. And from what I understand, GREMLIN is really taking itself against Tokyo in this way with their plans. But you know what, Misaka is even more awesome with her Railgun. Overall, a strong volume that highlights GREMLIN’s plans. I like how they suppress control of the people in Tokyo without actually using any mind control abilities but through psychological warfare. I think Academy City realized this in some ways but still mounted an attack against GREMLIN. On the other hand, the government of Japan did shit.

That was an awesome ending. Othinus planning to end the world but I don’t feel bad about it LOL.
Anyways, so I think most of their plan succeed in Tokyo? I'm impressed.
Aug 8, 2021 6:54 PM
Sep 2019
Great epilogue. Good volume overall with nice comedy here and there and some good action scenes but definitely without a doubt that 23 page epilogue is a killer. Kamachi knows how to wrap up a volume
Aug 9, 2022 9:35 AM

Jan 2017
The first half was such a drag, do we REALLY need an extremely long scene of Touma going bikini shopping with a bunch of lolis before shit gets real?

ngl having a fetus as an opponent is really hilarious but it made me care for Freyja more than most other Toaru antagonists. Dat "world is destroyed" cliffhanger tho

More topics from this board

» Volume 9 Discussion. ( 1 2 3 )

ssjokg - Dec 10, 2013

114 by 2-2Distracted »»
Mar 3, 8:05 PM

» New Testament anime: Who should be performing the new OP?

khoisharky - Oct 5, 2023

1 by ShadowBreaker5 »»
Oct 6, 2023 5:36 AM

» Touma's Harem?

greed2 - Oct 14, 2014

17 by TAMNI-GT »»
Jun 8, 2022 12:38 PM

» Chapter Count?

cur_sed - Apr 18, 2022

2 by cur_sed »»
May 3, 2022 6:33 PM

Poll: » Favorite Hero?

Soge_king999 - Feb 4, 2013

14 by TAMNI-GT »»
Mar 24, 2022 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.