Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 10, 2013 9:30 AM

Aug 2009
http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131209162802/to-aru-majutsu-no-index/images/b/bd/Shinyaku_Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index_Light_Novel_v09_cover.jpg

Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu Light Novel Volume 09 is the 9th novel released in the Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index series, to be released on January 10, 2014. It details the aftermath of Othinus destroying the world using the Lance of Gungnir.

Synopsis:
Othinus's rule has been fulfilled.

Sargasso, GREMLIN's base on Tokyo Bay and the battle stage, has disappeared. Not only that, the world itself is gone. Index, Misaka Mikoto, Lessar, and Birdway who came with him have of course vanished too.

In a space filled with darkness, only Kamijou Touma remains. There is a single reason for this: he possesses the right hand that acts as a reference point and restoration point for the world.

Othinus has become a god, so Kamijou Touma is no longer worth even the slightest interest. There is no chance at all for him to make his usual come-from-behind victory. That is the kind of world this is.

And... And... And... This is the story that crushes Kamijou Touma's heart.

If this had a trailer this would be the OST.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ENg7_IzSmo

Who else is excited?
ssjokgDec 13, 2013 9:51 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 10, 2013 4:54 PM

Aug 2013
This will be a great moment to unveil the secrets of Imagine Breaker, considering this is obviously not a situation where he can win by mere dodging and punching.

And i think this is going to be the darkest moment of Toaru series.
Dec 13, 2013 7:58 AM

Feb 2009
ToumaxSuffering OTP

And let's make it consistent and make the title of the thread be 'Volume 9 Discussion'. Or would there be a new thread for the actual volume and this is just the hype thread?
Dec 18, 2013 5:31 AM
Oct 2012
I just hope that at the end of the volume does not happen: "This place is so empty, I think will rebuild the world."
Dec 31, 2013 5:56 PM

Sep 2011
Oh damn, this is already out? And I thought finishing all 22 volumes was an accomplishmnet... sigh.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jan 9, 2014 5:00 AM

Aug 2010
So spoilers most likely true? I actually don't mind. Just let me read it already XD
Really can't wait :D...now to wait for the raw version and let unleash Jsbro :D

Love Touma's back pic. I can just imagine the atmosphere there ^^
Jan 9, 2014 6:12 AM

Aug 2013
Just saw those illustrations, it's kinda heartbraking...
Jan 9, 2014 6:38 AM

Aug 2010
Not for me :D

I'm hyped now. Loved the OthinusxTouMAN illustrations <3

Can't wait for HQ
Jan 9, 2014 8:24 AM

Feb 2009
Like I said:
belatkuro said:
ToumaxSuffering OTP

But man, those illustrations and Touma really look heartbreaking.

And looks like Misaki is getting dethroned as the current hotness of Raildexcelerator. Goddammit Haimura, stop drawing Othinus so well.
Doujins where? They will definitely flood as much as the MisakixTouma doujins that came in before.
Jan 10, 2014 12:50 AM

Aug 2010
belatkuro said:
Like I said:
belatkuro said:
ToumaxSuffering OTP

And looks like Misaki is getting dethroned as the current hotness of Raildexcelerator. Goddammit Haimura, stop drawing Othinus so well.
Doujins where? They will definitely flood as much as the MisakixTouma doujins that came in before.

+1 :D...Othinus too HOT *A*

And Haimura just drew a pic that surpassed the Angelerator x LO one which I thought wouldn't be surpassed. Dat Bench scene with Index's happy family >.<
Beautiful friggin MASTERPIECE!! HQ version WHEN!!!
Jan 10, 2014 1:10 AM

Aug 2013
Barion-Zara said:
belatkuro said:
Like I said:
belatkuro said:
ToumaxSuffering OTP

+1 :D...Othinus too HOT *A*

And Haimura just drew a pic that surpassed the Angelerator x LO one which I thought wouldn't be surpassed. Dat Bench scene with Index's happy family >.<
Beautiful friggin MASTERPIECE!! HQ version WHEN!!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q77/s720x720/1525566_461823573927658_1420104426_n.jpg

Yes that scene is heartwarming and heartbraking at the same time.

Is js06 already started the translation ?
Jan 10, 2014 6:51 AM

Aug 2010
I don't think he got the raws yet. Usually in 3-4 days he'll start.
Jan 10, 2014 6:56 AM

Feb 2009
The volume just came out in Japan today. Give it time.
Raws will come out soon. Fastest is about 3-4 days, latest is a week like last volume. And js06 is still doing Heavy Object vol7. Probably 2-3 more days before he finishes it.
Jan 10, 2014 4:14 PM
Oct 2012
I'm the only one who thinks this is the saddest picture of the serie: http://blog-imgs-59.fc2.com/p/a/x/pax222/P1000886.jpg
Jan 11, 2014 12:32 AM

Aug 2013
Acernos said:
I'm the only one who thinks this is the saddest picture of the serie: http://blog-imgs-59.fc2.com/p/a/x/pax222/P1000886.jpg

No, it's not only you
Jan 11, 2014 4:22 AM

Aug 2010
Hakuryuukou said:
Acernos said:

No, it's not only you

+1...The way Haimura drew it in a double age making everything seems to empty just makes it even sadder :(

Also seems like Kamachi already said in the afterword "Please stay tuned to watch the blond green eyed goddess go full dere next Vol" XD
Jan 11, 2014 6:20 AM

Aug 2013
Barion-Zara said:
Hakuryuukou said:
Acernos said:

No, it's not only you

+1...The way Haimura drew it in a double age making everything seems to empty just makes it even sadder :(

Also seems like Kamachi already said in the afterword "Please stay tuned to watch the blond green eyed goddess go full dere next Vol" XD

Sasuga TouMAN. Doesn't matter what your haters are saying,

You're the man
Jan 11, 2014 6:51 AM
Oct 2012
Kamachi hardly fulfill what it says in profacios.
Jan 21, 2014 5:28 AM

Feb 2009
Goddammit, js06. He just finished Heavy Object vol7 yesterday and now he dives in to do this.

First chapters are out. Let the suffering begin.
Jan 21, 2014 5:58 AM

Aug 2010
Finally the journey has officially began ^^

Touma's denial and his fetal position despair was a nice prelude to the despair to come. This was just dessert for our TouMan

Othinus already looks bored. No wonder she wants to have fun with seeing Touma despair lol

I'm still wondering what the Between the lines was referring to??
Jan 21, 2014 7:52 AM

Aug 2009
Barion-Zara said:

I'm still wondering what the Between the lines was referring to??

BTL were almost always questionable....but WTF?
And for some reason it reminded me of Umineko Chiru EP6's creepy prologue(after the wedding scene/OP)
Jan 21, 2014 10:35 PM

Aug 2010
2/3 of Chp2...

Awesome depiction of how Touma is feeling right now. I can just imagine his WTF is going on face through out the read XD

Poor Touma. The he's getting mindfucked and now stabbed by Fukiyose was damn impacting!

Also how all the world leader are making speeches against him calling him a devil. WOW.

Loving how Othinus is appearing every now and then just to tease him and how he tried to punch her lol

Can't wait to see how Index and Mikoto will treat him. That's gonna be a KO for sure.
Jan 22, 2014 11:43 PM

Feb 2009
Kamijou taking down Aogami while sporting a stab wound, bruises and a broken left arm. Now that's badass.
And damn, killer loli Komoe. So much despair and suffering.

Aaannd, all of that is gone in the next chapter. Talk about mood whiplash.
Still, it was fun in its own way. Leave it to Touma to grope someone after waking up. I'd probably get arrested if I did that.
Leave it to Touma again to come up with a plan to evade Index's biting by using a human helmet. Seria was definitely jelly there when he carried Maria. Never saw her lose her cool this much. Interesting thing with the parallel with Misaki about their own hearts being the exception in their manipulation of people.
And again, leave it to Touma to conclude instantly that Misaka is shoplifting in a store. Never though she'd do a middle finger though.

Still waiting for the maximum suffering in the spoilers. My body is ready.

Othinus popping out in weird places is so amusing. Especially that part where she rides a segway. GIF pretty much related:
http://2d.moe.hm/index/img/index5810.gif
Jan 23, 2014 2:19 AM

Aug 2010
Lol'd at how Touma was described to steal every girl he sets his eyes on XD

Fight with Aogami was awesome. Touma kicked ass. He could've knocked him out too but had mercy. I know it's not enough but I wonder if this slightly excluding Aogami as #5?

Komoe stabbing him was damn intense esp after Othinus resumed time O_o! That gotta hurt >.<

Now I see what triggered Othinus wanting to have fun XD She was planning that he'll break down right away but seeing Touma still believing and having hope in his friends and people pissed her off. No wonder she wants to make him feel her despair. Can't wait :D

Love how she keeps popping up to increase his suffering XD

The part with the Kumokawa sisters was fun. The way Touma defended against Index by carrying Maria who he was getting a nice view off shows how much experience he has now lol. Loved Seria's glare when she saw Maria grinning a bit XD She's liking it hahaha. And Seria is jelly <3 And a Misaki mention too. Nice ^^

Touma saying Mikoto was shop lifting was hilarious XD Did she really finger him though O_o? XD

Dat part 5!! The foreshadowing is damn strong >.<...Can't friggin wait :D
Jan 23, 2014 9:17 AM

Aug 2009

....they hating....

I wonder what the quotation marks are for?
Jan 23, 2014 10:23 AM
Oct 2012
Touma vs Aogami was very cool, he is getting better with cheap tricks.
Jan 23, 2014 4:50 PM

Aug 2013
Chapter 6 Version_Beta

So 'Kamijou Touma' isn't Kamijou Touma...

The real one is sitting in the corner of the class all the time and Othinus is trying to destroy him mentally by having Touma himself doubting his own identity... and it's a fail. Damn you Kamijou XD

And damn Touma are you really a mere human ? after having gone through so many suffering like that(eaten alive,buried in humus,destroyed by a giant robot,dying in a uninhabitable planet,etc...) and your resolve is still the same as ever.

Chapter 6 Version_Omega

The world where everyone lives happily ever after without Touma, such feels..
And how sweet yet depressing when Othinus embracing Touma from behind <3
loli_a_ravioliJan 23, 2014 8:00 PM
Jan 23, 2014 11:12 PM

Aug 2009
Damn those feels moments.

Sherry,Agnese
Accel and Misaka watching over the Sisters....
Index with no memory loss.
Is it worth it?Losing everything you had and bonds you created for a world with no sins and pain?

And is it me or does it feel like its really short?
Maybe the next chapters are longer?
ssjokgJan 23, 2014 11:23 PM
Jan 23, 2014 11:31 PM

Aug 2010
So everything that happened in this chap (Beta) wasn't happening to Touma? but to "Touma"?...That in its self is suffering :P

Joking aside...how Othinus-sensei was sitting on the desk crossing her legs schooling Touma like any High school student would dream was a lol description.

Interesting view Othinus has with the whole "identity thing" but Touma's reply was damn awesome. "I'll just start all over again with my relationships" That really pissed her off XD

Lol'd at all the ways he's died later on...Buried in Humus to decompose, distributed his flesh for eating when they were stranded on a mountain, being thrown into space in a capsule lol

Then Omega! Damn this one was amazing!!!

Just when Touma was ready to kick ass and memorize her pattern she brought him this world where he could do nothing. How he told her it's unfair had me laugh a bit.

I actually teared up though T_T Dat perfect world!

How he saw everyone he knows walking around happily with all the people they cared about before meeting him. Especially the Accel and Mikoto one and the Index and Stiyl/Kanzaki one.
Dem FEEEELZ >.<...The pic in the previous post is so emotional WAAAAAAAAHH T O T

And YES! I can finally see the Illustrations in full glory!! Seems like the double page and triple page overload was instead of the number. Haimura drew a few with high quality instead of a lot with normal impact.

Othinus whispering to his ears like that is just too sexy though. I wouldn't be able to focus lol
I want to smell her sweet aroma and have her close enough too nibble my ear :P

How she rained down weapons on him to kill himself was funny. But really such a desperate situation. Suffering to the max!

Touma's monologue at the end was O_O...This guy has a way to go around every single negativity. I would've never thought he'd think "Is a world like that ("All of humanity would smile as they committed that murder.
Grinning and armed with that theory, they would look away from the truth and rejoice in their lukewarm and unpleasant peace in which everyone forgot what justice is.") worth clinging on to.

Yes Touma Be more selfish XD

But really, after reading chap6 in all its versions...I don't see any need for Touma to change much after this experience. He's justifying everything his own way turning it from despair to acceptable. The way he felt in Omega was awesome though hehe. He's already too BA to change :D

@Ssjokg...well from the Illustrations we can see that it's 323 which is really short compared to usual. So I guess so ^^
Barion-ZaraJan 23, 2014 11:35 PM
Jan 23, 2014 11:39 PM

Aug 2009
Barion-Zara said:

@Ssjokg...well from the Illustrations we can see that it's 323 which is really short compared to usual. So I guess so ^^

How is that short?
Jan 23, 2014 11:44 PM

Feb 2009
NT6, 7 and 8 were over 400 pages while this volume is only 340+ pages.
Not as short as NT5 though with less than 300 pages.
Jan 24, 2014 8:54 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
NT6, 7 and 8 were over 400 pages while this volume is only 340+ pages.
Not as short as NT5 though with less than 300 pages.
Is this about the japanese actual book?

because my pdf for NT6 shows 271 pages....
Jan 24, 2014 9:12 AM

Feb 2009
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/8/89/NT_Index_v06_002.jpg

Over 400 pages.

Amazon lists it as 456 pages as well.

You should probably redownload that pdf.
Jan 24, 2014 9:14 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/8/89/NT_Index_v06_002.jpg

Over 400 pages.

Amazon lists it as 456 pages as well.

You should probably redownload that pdf.

I have the same page in my pdf only in japanese...

what does your pdf,if you have it,show?

And if I was missing so many pages then I would really have a problem in the discussions....
Jan 24, 2014 9:22 AM

Feb 2009
Yeah, we're referring to the amount of pages in the actual Japanese book, not the pdf.
That's why we said this volume is much shorter compared to the previous ones.
And I don't download the pdf for this.
Jan 24, 2014 1:48 PM
Oct 2012
very sad all this, but now is the time to stand up and fight back.
Jan 24, 2014 8:59 PM

Feb 2009
And here comes the maximum suffering. All those groups within AC. Thor, Marian and even Kihara Byouri and Enshuu are there. Why is Mjolnir still a trash can though?
And lol, Saten finally appears and speaks in Index. The world truly did end. Kamachi even referencing Endymion there with Arisa and Ladylee.
Nice that there is some kind of rivalry between Seria and Misaki, most likely with regards to Touma as we now know the former can get jelly as well.

But still, so much suffering. He badly needs a hug ;_;

EDIT: Holy fuck, that massive rant. js06 said it was 4 pages in the book and over 1000 words in English.
After all that's happened to him, no wonder. The feels are too much ;_;
And Will-chan finally appears!
belatkuroJan 24, 2014 10:27 PM
Jan 25, 2014 12:33 AM

Aug 2010
It just keeps getting better and better! Chap7 was a 100/10! Best chap ever! And it's not even finished yet XD

The festival part was so damn touching...How Touma passed by all these people he knew. Just imagining how Touma felt passing by everyone he knows happy and smiling with others like that gives me goosebumps. I teared up when he smiled after seeing Thor and the others ;_;...Forging his will to commit suicide :(

Lol'd at Accel being the one who saved 20000 clones in this world XD What a perfect world indeed :P

Index passing by Touma without even looking his way like that T^T DEM FEELZ! Poor Touma....

And then...The way he was viewing the whole city from above in the sunset. I just can't imagine how epic, beuatiful and emotional that scene would be. I would've wished Haimura made it one of the colored illustrations...But damn! Just imagining Touma wanting to commit suicide is just TT__TT

Lol'd at how even though he jumped he didn't die but got stuck to the edge XD This guy just can't die hahaha XD

Then Will finally came! She's absolutely awesome! The way she said no one would be happy if they knew this happiness was a result of sacrificing you and they'd all gather to save u T^T...And how she's calling Othinus a cheater XD

Gotta admit I lol'd at Touma saying if he was in front of Othinus before she made this perfect world he'd spout one of his random ideals out but now that it's already done he can't do a damn thing. He admitted his ideals are random lol

But damn ALL DEM PENT UP EMOTIONS!!!! This has got to be the longest I've seen Touma...no any character talk in my life XD He just friggin exploded!! THE FEELZ!! My heart! My tears!! Touma! Bug Hug Bro!...Touma saying "I am bothered" just hit me in the feels >.<

I can't wait for Will's "Be selfish" ...I gotta prepare my body >o<

I would kill to see these parts animated >.<
Jan 25, 2014 1:28 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
And here comes the maximum suffering. All those groups within AC. Thor, Marian and even Kihara Byouri and Enshuu are there. Why is Mjolnir still a trash can though?
And lol, Saten finally appears and speaks in Index. The world truly did end. Kamachi even referencing Endymion there with Arisa and Ladylee.
Nice that there is some kind of rivalry between Seria and Misaki, most likely with regards to Touma as we now know the former can get jelly as well.

But still, so much suffering. He badly needs a hug ;_;

EDIT: Holy fuck, that massive rant. js06 said it was 4 pages in the book and over 1000 words in English.

After all that's happened to him, no wonder. The feels are too much ;_;
And Will-chan finally appears!

Know what the best part is?
No Febri.I at least didnt notice a reference.

So which is the best?
Suzuha's letter in S;G or Touma's rant?

Will's moe levels are off the charts.Take a Sister, and put a matured Last Order for personality...Success.

Our faces when Will turns out to be part of Othinus plan.....

EDIT:I added Will in NT's char page.
If it is accepted can somebody describe her way of speech?
ssjokgJan 25, 2014 2:18 AM
Jan 25, 2014 9:39 AM
Oct 2012
this sensational outburst of Touma, he has to choose between destroying a "perfect" world and kill these people back to life really lives up to all this pressure.
Jan 25, 2014 4:43 PM

Sep 2011
Can't wait until I catch up on this... After reading 3 novels last week and finally on volume 7, I finally can...
Jan 25, 2014 6:02 PM
Oct 2012
“It’s time to bring this to an end. It’s time to fight a god.”

TOUMAN
Jan 25, 2014 9:22 PM

Aug 2013
Chapter 7 really brought me to tears T.T

and with this chapter TouMAN sealed his place on my favorite list
Jan 26, 2014 5:35 AM

Aug 2009
What was missing from the Index series?
FUCKING LOOPS!!

Fuck Yeah.
Jan 26, 2014 7:32 AM
Oct 2012
Touman is insane.
Jan 26, 2014 11:38 AM

Aug 2010
After finishing chp7...Will-can for best girl <3

I'm in love >•<. .esp how she explained she could easily gave motivated him with other methods but didn't to make it by his own will.

And ofc how she said even if everyone views u as a demon king I'll be by ur side <3

And "Othinus's lovely voice" AAAHHH KAMACHI XD

The countdown to her break down is near ^^
Jan 26, 2014 4:41 PM

Aug 2013
Barion-Zara said:

And ofc how she said even if everyone views u as a demon king I'll be by ur side <3

This part keep reminding me of Lelouch and C.C lol
Jan 26, 2014 5:14 PM

Sep 2011
Acernos said:
“It’s time to bring this to an end. It’s time to fight a god.”

TOUMAN

If he actually said that... Epic... I think I will go and make a fanart of touma with Biblical imagery now.
Jan 27, 2014 10:47 AM

Aug 2010
For chap8...Well nothing much to say for now. Just Touma being BA and saying his RPG metaphors XD

Can't wait to see what event leads to Touma protecting Othinus and Dere Othinus >•<.

Starting to feel bad for her though. Imagine playing against a weakling millions of times. I'd mentally break down indeed XD
Jan 27, 2014 11:33 AM
Oct 2012
Touma used a trick to hurt Othinus, this guy is incredible.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» New Testament anime: Who should be performing the new OP?

khoisharky - Oct 5, 2023

1 by ShadowBreaker5 »»
Oct 6, 2023 5:36 AM

» Volume 8 Discussion

belatkuro - Aug 26, 2013

36 by FragmantLemon »»
Aug 9, 2022 9:35 AM

» Touma's Harem?

greed2 - Oct 14, 2014

17 by TAMNI-GT »»
Jun 8, 2022 12:38 PM

» Chapter Count?

cur_sed - Apr 18, 2022

2 by cur_sed »»
May 3, 2022 6:33 PM

Poll: » Favorite Hero?

Soge_king999 - Feb 4, 2013

14 by TAMNI-GT »»
Mar 24, 2022 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.