Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 23, 2013 4:15 PM

Jun 2011
Why is the art so monotonous? I mean the stills are one thing, i don't mind them. But it feels like they only use 3 colours in the whole anime.. everything is brown, yellow or red. It annoys me so much, does anyone notice this?
Aug 23, 2013 4:20 PM
May 2012
Uhmm...if it had a bunch of rainbow, the mood would be odd, don't you think? There's a reason they use those colors more often than others. To match the setting.
Aug 23, 2013 4:35 PM

Jul 2012
I actually like it this way.
Aug 23, 2013 6:02 PM

Aug 2013
It takes place in a time where most structures had the same characteristics duh. As long as people have shelter do you think whoever built those buildings would give a fuck about individuality.
Aug 23, 2013 6:13 PM

Jun 2007
The colors look fine to me. They fit the setting - it's not like a video game with brown and random filters and bloom tossed on. It's actually believable and fitting of the world and settings they are in. Hell, the recent episodes are full of green because they aren't in the city areas.

I don't know what magical land you're living in - but in real life, including back when we had castle towns, cities and town areas are NOT COLORFUL AND VIBRANT unless there's a festival or something going on. Especially not places like the setting this show takes place in.

I mean, I'm not sure what you're asking for to be different colors. They have limited resources - leather is fucking brown naturally. Steel is gray. Europeans have black, blonde, and brown hair.

What do you want? Pink horses and purple buildings?
Aug 23, 2013 7:53 PM

Jul 2013
Some vibrant greens in the recent episodes. Unless your color blind or something. If you don't like the colour scheme, then that's fine. Go watch something else then.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Aug 23, 2013 7:59 PM

Jan 2013
Actually I don't have a problem with the colors. It ties in well with the anime. If it was colorful and their fighting titans it just doesn't go well. Also I actually like how in this anime their hair colors are not purple or pink or some random colorful but actual natural colors people would have in real life. So I don't find the colors annoying... It would be weird if you see Mikasa with purple hair or something it doesn't go well, especially since the anime takes place years ago.
Aug 24, 2013 4:34 AM

Jun 2008
Considering the settings and tones of the series, NO. I do not think it is weird when in fact it suits the time and era that they are in. It would makes no sense if the buildings and what not is in rainbow colours since we've been told numerous times that they have very limited resources so i obviously don't see how it is possible to have vibrant colours or creativity in their world at all. Having more colours and individuality just take off the ideas that they are in a dire situation. If you have study cinematic effects or media studies, it makes a total sense why the anime production did what they did. The colours are just there to fit in the mood and convey the atmosphere. I would actually be ticked off really badly if they had decided to pull rainbow colours on the background. SO, you are the only ONE who think this otherwise. v.v
EstherellaAug 24, 2013 5:00 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2013 4:55 AM

Apr 2008
Pocketasces said:
Why is the art so monotonous? I mean the stills are one thing, i don't mind them. But it feels like they only use 3 colours in the whole anime.. everything is brown, yellow or red. It annoys me so much, does anyone notice this?

Sounds like a personal problem not one of the series.
Aug 24, 2013 5:39 AM

Aug 2012
They aren't going to use vibrant colors for a bleak story. That would be retarded.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Aug 24, 2013 5:45 AM

Dec 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
The colors look fine to me. They fit the setting

^This, I've only seen the first episode but i can tell that the colors used are for a specific reason.

If everything was mad colourful and they lived in gum drop village that wouldn't fit the whole survival aspect at all.

Aug 24, 2013 2:36 PM

Jun 2011
death note is bleak but it stil uses green blue and black.. im just talkin about the general yellowish sepia feel of the anime, not the lack of colours
Aug 24, 2013 2:53 PM

Aug 2012
Pocketasces said:
death note is bleak but it stil uses green blue and black.. im just talkin about the general yellowish sepia feel of the anime, not the lack of colours

Pretty sure I only see that colour whenever the sun is setting, like in the first 2 eps, the last few hours in the Trost arc, etc. It's also when they only use candles as a source of light, like in the dungeons. I don't think that's wrong, and it's definitely not as terribly common as you make it to be, no offense.
Aug 24, 2013 9:04 PM

Jun 2008
Pocketasces said:

I don't get you. The blue sky and the greenery scenes in the recent trost arc aren't enough for you? There's also use of red and yellow colour as well. There's plenty of other colours if you look carefully o.0
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2013 9:36 PM

Feb 2009
Pocketasces said:

There is plenty of green and black in this, though. Not even counting the blue sky. It uses natural tones which is fine given the material. I'm not sure what you expect, everyone to have a separate color of the rainbow for their hair?
Aug 25, 2013 12:16 PM

Jul 2013
Its a dark time, that means you wont throw pink into the scene

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1554 by bohhhh_ciao »»
Yesterday, 6:54 AM

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.