Forum Settings
Forums

Tales of Xillia: personal choice (mild game config spoiler)

New
Aug 9, 2013 9:39 PM

Sep 2012
I'm close to 1/3 of the way through the game and I haven't made a single choice besides accepting or declining side-quests. Do you not have any choices to make in this game? If so, I'm disappointed.
Aug 10, 2013 2:09 AM
Apr 2012
...Tbh, now that I think of it, I actually don't recall making any real choices in ToX other than choosing whether to play Jude side or Milla side. It's mostly just flow along with the preset story. Don't really know what you mean by choice exactly though. If you're expecting something like those choices in X2, then guess you're bound to be disappointed by ToX then. *shrug*
Aug 10, 2013 11:10 AM

Sep 2012
Ju-da-su said:
...Tbh, now that I think of it, I actually don't recall making any real choices in ToX other than choosing whether to play Jude side or Milla side. It's mostly just flow along with the preset story. Don't really know what you mean by choice exactly though. If you're expecting something like those choices in X2, then guess you're bound to be disappointed by ToX then. *shrug*

Thanks for the response! At least now I know. I'm a big fan of the Tales series but I prefer having some options to influence the story, such as in Tales of Symphonia your choices affected how companions liked and reacted to you, and could change the ending and other events. I guess because everyone was building this game up, I thought it would have one of my favorite features. It's still a good game so far, at least now I can stop expecting something that's not going to be there;)
Aug 11, 2013 6:25 AM

Sep 2012
Tales games are usually typical JRPG done in a classic RPG style meaning there's not realaly given time choices to be made that will make any significant changes to the game compared to Western RPGs like Fallout, Mass Effect etc. Although what's interesting about Xillia is you can choose between 2 characters Jude or Milla and you'd be playing as them in their perspective.
Aug 11, 2013 6:37 AM

Nov 2012
Is this shit really word playing? It looks really meh to me.
Aug 11, 2013 10:36 AM

Sep 2012
johnyjohny said:

If you like a decent amount of hero/adventure anime, and you like rpgs with more real-time battle systems than yes.

As far as I've gotten this is not the best game in the series but its better than Tales of Graces F.
Aug 11, 2013 6:49 PM

Jun 2009
I cannot think of a tales game other then Symphonia when the choices you made affected the plot. Graces was really straight forward, the game practically held you hand and walked you between places. However, I enjoy the characters better in the Xillia~

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Aug 11, 2013 8:51 PM

Nov 2007
Suzune-chan said:
I cannot think of a tales game other then Symphonia when the choices you made affected the plot. Graces was really straight forward, the game practically held you hand and walked you between places. However, I enjoy the characters better in the Xillia~

In Xillia 2 the player is given the option to make choices that affect the game. That's its big draw.

Honestly, I've never really been concerned with the whole "choice-making" option. To me, a good RPG consists of a good story, interesting battle system, and fun characters. That's all I really need to be happy with my JRPGS.
Aug 12, 2013 1:58 AM

Jul 2013
johnyjohny said:
My brother has been playing it he says its good if you like the other tales games and to me the game looks fun.
Aug 12, 2013 10:41 AM

Sep 2012
feder said:
Suzune-chan said:

In Xillia 2 the player is given the option to make choices that affect the game. That's its big draw.

Honestly, I've never really been concerned with the whole "choice-making" option. To me, a good RPG consists of a good story, interesting battle system, and fun characters. That's all I really need to be happy with my JRPGS.

I've only played Symphonia, Verspiria, Graces and Xillia. Besides symphonia, out of those four, I definitely remember having dialogue choices to make in Graces F. Though that's not a huge deal, I remember it being there.

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

58 by Jentheworld »»
1 hour ago

» Pokemon : Which legendary pokemon have you randomly came across without looking up their location?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 9

5 by H1ruma »»
5 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
Yesterday, 5:15 PM

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 4:28 PM

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.