Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2013 9:33 AM

Oct 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Things starting to get hot at its quite clear both girls are in love with Takuya,

Interesting B'Day/Episode should be interesting how it turns out in the next ep ^^

Mar 4, 2015 9:15 PM

Aug 2013
Another flight test for the 801st Tactical Training Squadron already? How many are there going to be?
Oct 17, 2015 2:07 PM

Jul 2014
StevenHu said:
Another flight test for the 801st Tactical Training Squadron already? How many are there going to be?
Colonel Yumioka is trying very hard to disband the 801 T.T.S.
I'm wondering why it is so. Does he have some grudge against the girls? It can't be the slap, can it?
Dec 6, 2018 9:43 AM

Sep 2018
I'm not liking this one at all. No build up, the girls are just instantly fawning over him and all the characters are so bland and one dimensional. Also the trying to disband the squadron subplot that's going on is an over used trope, even then, and is adding nothing to the show. Maybe the show gets better, but I doubt it.
Mar 14, 2019 11:14 PM

Aug 2015
The animation is pretty nice. Not just the planes, but I'm continually impressed at the realism of ordinary objects in older anime, like payphones and clocks.

I would like this a lot better if it was Taiho Shichau zo with JASDF girls, but sadly it's not. Though the unit commander looks like a kinda vaguely gay Ken Nakajima with a beard. In Taiho shichau zo the policewomen are the protagonists and drivers of the story while in Airbats the story is mediated through the male perspective of Isurugi, a kinda generic protagonist that I find makes for a more personally less enjoyable story.
As others have pointed out, the female leads Handeda and Mitaka are kinda just throwing themselves on the guy right off the bat, I guess that's a perk of being the (I suspect) only straight man in a unit of women?

This episode was a bt tought to get through in the second part because this guy makes a date with Haneda and stands her up to wait on Mitaka- you made a commitment already, bub. He's like VN player trying to route-switch.
What's the deal with Isurugi's getting the flu from Mitaka and showing symptoms on the same day?
What was the incubation period of that virus, 32 minutes?
Oct 10, 2019 8:10 PM

Jul 2008
"I can tell you're a good person because you like planes"

That's her fall in love moment? They are so thirsty for compliments.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aozora Shoujotai Episode 1 Discussion

Hawksman - Jul 20, 2013

4 by Saladass47 »»
Jun 20, 2023 11:55 PM

Poll: » Aozora Shoujotai Episode 6 Discussion

Hawksman - Jul 21, 2013

5 by Guttsu666 »»
Feb 5, 2020 3:15 AM

Poll: » Aozora Shoujotai Episode 7 Discussion

greenmarty - Dec 21, 2011

11 by ArcFloof »»
Aug 12, 2019 6:45 AM

Poll: » Aozora Shoujotai Episode 5 Discussion

Hawksman - Jul 21, 2013

4 by glassknuckles »»
Mar 15, 2019 10:07 PM

Poll: » Aozora Shoujotai Episode 4 Discussion

Hawksman - Jul 21, 2013

3 by glassknuckles »»
Mar 15, 2019 9:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.