Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 16, 2017 10:02 AM
Sep 2017
So in the beginning, when the reporter is arguing with his assistant he yells that he's going to put pictures of her up "online"...I found this strange because I thought the show was set between the '70s and '80s?? Please advise. BTW: this is 1 of my top 3 anime under Cowboy Bebop and Yu Yu Hakusho
Nov 20, 2018 9:47 PM
Mar 2017
Bebopfreak06 said:
So in the beginning, when the reporter is arguing with his assistant he yells that he's going to put pictures of her up "online"...I found this strange because I thought the show was set between the '70s and '80s?? Please advise. BTW: this is 1 of my top 3 anime under Cowboy Bebop and Yu Yu Hakusho
This is an ORIGINAL Anime series written by Takashi Ujita, produced by the Manglobe studio and directed by Sayo Yamamoto, his first directing work.

To get local inspiration, the director and producers Sayo Yamamoto visited some cities in Brazil in 2007, [1] including Rio de Janeiro, Recife and Olinda. [2] The anime premiered on October 15, 2008 on Fuji TV, ending with 22 episodes on March 18, 2009.
That cameraman has my respect, even if it was only to have an exclusive.
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Sep 25, 2019 8:57 AM

Oct 2012
That boy is surely persistent, I hope he'll able to get Rita's love someday xD

That was kinda a cool rescue.. kinda xD

I love how from hating each other.. kinda
They become liking each other
I hope after this episode Michiko & Hatchin are going to be speak with each other calmly, instead of yelling all the time
"Signature removed"
Nov 11, 2020 8:11 AM
Mar 2019
kuroshiroi said:
noteDhero said:
agreed, but I do think that the characters are very engaging, it's just a shame that writing doesn't support it enough.
Isn't it just because this is a road story? Those kinds of stories rarely have a well defined plot but are focused on a couple of main characters and the people those characters interact with.

Why do some people insist on having a major plot in every show? Some shows with good plots aren't remotely entertaining and other shows without one are.
Just try to enjoy the characters in M&H, since they are indeed very engaging.

Anyway, to stay on topic, good episode that shows well that Hatchin isn't as smart as she thinks she is and that she and Michiko work much better together than apart. That reporter was sleazy but turned out to be right, who would have figured that :)

Completely agree, and have posted about it myself in a couple episode threads now. Not every episode needs a dramatic shift in plot. A road story is a good way to put it, this anime is like if Thelma and Louise met Cowboy Bebop. I do have to agree however, that Watanabe directing obviously would have put this show over the edge. I still think this has been an extremely strong anime, with engaging characters, a vibrant setting, and an absolute banger of an OST. Action sequences always look good in this show. Now exactly half way through the show, I think Michiko e Hatchin is a strong 8/10
Jun 16, 2022 10:52 AM

Jul 2013
This show is such a mess. You would think that Rita would have noticed these child sellings going on and if not, then they should have had her at least make a comment at the end.
Sep 8, 2022 9:42 PM

Apr 2016
Is hard to get rid of sensasionalist reporters, huh?

The reunion was so heartwarming, the only weak part from this episode is how ambiguous it was about whether Rita knew about the trafficking because if she knew that would explain why she became friends with Hatchin in the first place but if she didn't it might be because she's one of the performers and with the way "Michiko" praised Hatchin being white I would assume a dark-skinned girl like Rita wasn't going to be of interest for whatever clients they had.
Feb 24, 2023 4:08 AM

Oct 2018
pfft haha she just chucked Hana off the balloon like that
~Spiritual Healing~

Sep 26, 2023 7:45 PM

Oct 2016
Reply to Safrichh
Is hard to get rid of sensasionalist reporters, huh?

The reunion was so heartwarming, the only weak part from this episode is how ambiguous it was about whether Rita knew about the trafficking because if she knew that would explain why she became friends with Hatchin in the first place but if she didn't it might be because she's one of the performers and with the way "Michiko" praised Hatchin being white I would assume a dark-skinned girl like Rita wasn't going to be of interest for whatever clients they had.
Safrichh said:
The reunion was so heartwarming, the only weak part from this episode is how ambiguous it was about whether Rita knew about the trafficking

I agree. I'm inclined to believe she didn't know and the shots of her and Hana interacting were passing moments over the course of days/weeks since the performers would likely have different responsibilities and the fake Michiko asks the kids whether they can do any tricks, if they could, they could possibly perform but if not they'd be considered dead weight and sold off.

The ambiguity hurts this little story stop on the journey for me, but I'm still enjoying the ride and what this show has to offer so far.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

windy - Mar 22, 2009

241 by superwaha »»
Feb 27, 10:24 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Nov 12, 2008

104 by prozyne »»
Jan 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 29, 2008

82 by prozyne »»
Jan 28, 5:38 AM

» music in this series

abyss_will - Jan 20, 2019

5 by abyss_will »»
Jan 22, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 16 Discussion

simo000 - Mar 14, 2009

40 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 4, 2023 7:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.