Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 10, 2009 8:43 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I liked this episode. Nice little moments between Michiko and Hana that made me feel like their relationship has actually grown. I liked the little gag with the reporter guy, and generally liked the pace of the episode.
Jan 11, 2009 1:21 AM

Jul 2008
Totally dug the hot air balloon scene, though the reporter was rather amusing too. I can't say I was picking him to actually be telling the truth either.

Also, just outta curiosity, anyone know who did the animation for this episode?

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Jan 11, 2009 6:08 AM
Dec 2007
Michiko to Hatchin is a waste of an anime. When you have this amount of budget, and can put up such nice animation, design, and music, you have to do something better than a simple (and often badly written) story such as this one with a lame mix of slice of life and action. Each time I watch an episode, I feel like Manglobe is trying to find the secret recipe of Shinichiro Watanabe, but when you do it without the talent nor experience, you're just ruining your show with an overly ambitious script and average direction, and that's exactly what happens in this series. If Watanabe would have directed this one, it could have been a fantastic anime, but in fact it's only just good, mainly because of the technical part.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 11, 2009 9:49 AM

Aug 2008
agreed, but I do think that the characters are very engaging, it's just a shame that writing doesn't support it enough.
Jan 11, 2009 10:17 AM

Feb 2008
noteDhero said:
agreed, but I do think that the characters are very engaging, it's just a shame that writing doesn't support it enough.
Isn't it just because this is a road story? Those kinds of stories rarely have a well defined plot but are focused on a couple of main characters and the people those characters interact with.

Why do some people insist on having a major plot in every show? Some shows with good plots aren't remotely entertaining and other shows without one are.
Just try to enjoy the characters in M&H, since they are indeed very engaging.

Anyway, to stay on topic, good episode that shows well that Hatchin isn't as smart as she thinks she is and that she and Michiko work much better together than apart. That reporter was sleazy but turned out to be right, who would have figured that :)
Jan 11, 2009 10:50 AM

Aug 2008
But this is a road story with a goal, and there is rarely any progress towards that goal from episode to episode. I thought that the show made it clear what the point was at the very beginnning: Find Hiroshi. But they're only looking for him like every 3 episodes.
Jan 11, 2009 11:04 AM

Feb 2008
noteDhero said:
But this is a road story with a goal, and there is rarely any progress towards that goal from episode to episode. I thought that the show made it clear what the point was at the very beginnning: Find Hiroshi. But they're only looking for him like every 3 episodes.
It's all about the journey, not the destination.
Jan 11, 2009 11:39 AM

Aug 2008
That maybe true, but if the journey is poorly written, and filled with a majority of unremarkable characters and places, then the destination needs to put to the fore.
Jan 11, 2009 12:31 PM

Feb 2008
noteDhero said:
That maybe true, but if the journey is poorly written, and filled with a majority of unremarkable characters and places, then the destination needs to put to the fore.
Well, we do have 11 episodes to go, some of those are bound to be about the destination :)
Jan 11, 2009 1:50 PM

Feb 2008
Selling Children. That's terrible. But at least that fat hag got what she deserved.
I liked this episode.
Jan 11, 2009 2:29 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode, but sometimes I wished the show was called just Michiko because I find the episodes focused on her more interesting than Hatchin's
Jan 11, 2009 8:16 PM

Jun 2008
Glad Michiko and Hatchin are now back on each other's good side. Nice action sequence with the hot air balloon, the reporter was pretty funny too.
Jan 12, 2009 2:54 AM

Jun 2008
The moments with Michiko and Hatchin were great.
Jan 12, 2009 11:20 AM

Aug 2008
I think it was quite good - even though they are far from finding Hiroshi, it was great to see Michiko worrying so much about Hatchin.
Jan 12, 2009 10:35 PM

Apr 2007
funny & cute episode, I enjoyed it :3
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jan 12, 2009 10:48 PM

Apr 2008
lol @ the fat hag named Michiko xD, she looked like one of those girls on Jerry Springer when she got arrested at the end of the episode.

However, The beginning felt too slow for me, but then the hot air balloon scenes made my dreams come true.

Michiko: "You F**k with me, and i'll f**k with you, b**ch!"

Michiko, you made my anime year so great already. Ride Back, Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou, Kurokami and now Michiko to Hatchin. I wasn't expecting to watch that many new shows.
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Jan 13, 2009 12:04 AM

Apr 2007
Good episode, was over before I knew it. Glad to see the pair back together.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2009 7:53 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Great episode, very enjoyable. Loved the scene where Hatchin was imitating Michiko tasting the food. xD

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 13, 2009 9:53 PM

Oct 2007
I enjoyed watching this episode but agree the show is not perfect. The story has been very scattered and there hasn't been a lot of focus on the main goal. The two episodes featuring Hatchin and the circus, while entertaining, did nothing towards the original plot. I guess they did help define Hatchin's character a bit more and her relationship with Michiko was developed in the end of the second episode.
Jan 14, 2009 1:32 AM

Sep 2008
enjoyed it, i didn't expect a reunion like that but it was a very unique idea :P
Jan 16, 2009 1:38 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
i liked this episode a lot! i wonder if it was Hatchin that pulled Mitchiko to safety or the other way around..
p r o f i l e 👀
Jan 17, 2009 11:01 PM

Jul 2007
noteDhero said:

Yeah, because we all know how focused Samurai Champloo was on the destination of it's road trip, don't we?
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Mar 9, 2009 5:26 AM

Jan 2008
Jacut said:
Michiko to Hatchin is a waste of an anime. When you have this amount of budget, and can put up such nice animation, design, and music, you have to do something better than a simple (and often badly written) story such as this one with a lame mix of slice of life and action. Each time I watch an episode, I feel like Manglobe is trying to find the secret recipe of Shinichiro Watanabe, but when you do it without the talent nor experience, you're just ruining your show with an overly ambitious script and average direction, and that's exactly what happens in this series. If Watanabe would have directed this one, it could have been a fantastic anime, but in fact it's only just good, mainly because of the technical part.

I agree 100% with you. This anime is a complete waste of animation, direction, art and music. Its all let down by the horrible script written by a relative unknown, going by ANN anyway.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Mar 25, 2009 8:55 PM

Jan 2008
That was a bleh episode.
Apr 3, 2009 3:37 PM

Feb 2009
Wait...did they ever even explain how Michiko got away? Wasn't Satoshi beating the crap out of her the last episode? So did I miss an episode or something because they never showed anything about that in this one...I'm completely lost.

Just kidding. Remembered now...corn field, etc...

xD
LostArticulationApr 3, 2009 3:40 PM
May 2, 2009 8:42 AM

Jan 2009
Great episode! Michiko and Hatchin are together again. But it's strange, that Rita didn't know about 2nd Michiko's business.

Jun 10, 2011 10:11 PM

May 2010
That reporter was lol
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 18, 2012 2:36 PM

Aug 2010
Hatchin going big fucking hero.
Apr 9, 2012 5:33 AM

Jan 2012
i agreee in that the story is by no means perfect, and it does feel a tad scattered at times... but it is by no means a dissapointment, I dont go into every anime expecting a super gripping storyline everytime. Even michiko and hatchin are starting to develop.. even it slowly! But there are still 11 episodes to go, so where not done yet, and still has plenty of time!
Apr 11, 2012 3:08 AM

May 2008
That reporter was like a character that was used for nothing. Meh they could have made better use of him . Oh well . The show is enjoyable though. . If you dont like it too bad , more enjoyment for the rest of us.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 5, 2012 2:07 PM

Jul 2011
thank god michiko saved hatchin from human trafficking! fuck that fat ass michiko she nothing like badass michiko!!! im a little sad rita gone tho
Jan 24, 2013 2:25 PM
Aug 2011
Michiko comes to pick up Hatchin and they proceed to argue, it's happened often now and it's very frustrating.

Moments like that reset their relationship progress back to zero although there wasn't much progress to begin with and this is halfway point of the series.
standJan 24, 2013 2:29 PM
Mar 16, 2013 8:08 AM

May 2012
Nice they're back together! Lets see where they're heading next!
Sep 26, 2013 12:39 PM

Jun 2010
OK episode, but it was a little too obvious that the circus people really were selling children. In fact, Hatchin looks a little silly for not figuring it out. Moments of supposed ambiguity, like fat Michiko fretting over Hatchin's bruise, lean too much towards supporting the actual truth rather than trying to keep us fooled that the blowhard reporter is full of hot air.

When the first truckload of kids doesn't come back and Hatchin is slated to go on the next truck because her unattractive wound has cleared up, it's pretty clear what's going on. If that didn't make it obvious, the photograph that was taken of her is extremely shady. This was not handled very deftly.

I think I also would have preferred if Hatchin's decision to jump into the sea with Michiko (and hug her on the way down) didn't have the narration with it. Don't those actions speak for themselves? I did like her imagine Michiko complimenting her on her cooking, though.

Rita's presence in this episode seemed a little perfunctory, as if she just had to be there a little because this is a sequel to episode 9. She never reacts to the child trafficking and her reaction to Hatchin leaving seems to be as it is just to get it out of the way quickly.
Sep 27, 2013 11:51 PM

Sep 2013
I totally agree with Fronzel, but I loved their reunion and Hatchin's imppresion of Michiko when she was cooking so cute.
Dec 3, 2013 10:24 AM

Nov 2009
Shouldn't Rita have known that the circus was selling children the whole time? I mean in one episode they looked legitimate and in the next they are selling children? I feel like Rita wouldn't have invited Hatchin to join if she had known that they were just going to sell Hatchin . . . But maybe that's just me.
Jan 18, 2014 8:02 PM

Mar 2009
Just wish that their relationship would progress a little more. It seems like something really dramatic has to happen for Michiko and Hatchin to see that they really care about each other, but when it blows over they are back to picking on each other again and again they separate.
This is halfway over and I haven't seen anything close to "I love you" yet. Maybe that will come in the last episode but that's too long to wait!
Oh well, see what happens next.
Jun 19, 2014 4:20 PM

Apr 2012
if they where selling kids how come they never sold her friend?
Nov 4, 2014 7:54 AM

Aug 2013
Hatchin's Michiko impersonation was so cute :p Great to see them reunited.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 28, 2015 10:56 PM

Nov 2014
Yay they're reunited and back on good terms! :D

Aww it looks like Rita's not gonna be in anymore, She was really cute and I thought she was fun to have around the short time she was in. Hopefully she'll appear again.

Loved the hot air balloon scene, they both had each others backs and it was great! Michiko holding on that rope for dear life, she is a fighter...she's the best, such a complete badass no matter what condition she's in.
Feb 15, 2015 1:12 AM

Jul 2013
Mai_Harpie said:
Yay they're reunited and back on good terms! :D

Aww it looks like Rita's not gonna be in anymore, She was really cute and I thought she was fun to have around the short time she was in. Hopefully she'll appear again.

Loved the hot air balloon scene, they both had each others backs and it was great! Michiko holding on that rope for dear life, she is a fighter...she's the best, such a complete badass no matter what condition she's in.
This :)
May 11, 2015 3:12 AM

Jul 2012
Not the best of episodes, the reporter guy was the highlight of it all. What the heck, Rita didn't warn Hatchin in any way of what was going to happen, but they're still best friends somehow after it's all said and done?
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Jun 25, 2015 5:11 PM

Nov 2014
I'm glad Hatchin is done being a temperamental pain in the ass.
Aug 4, 2015 12:15 PM

Sep 2012
Good episode.
Oct 2, 2015 9:54 PM
Jun 2013
Good little chunk of episodes. Say what you want about the story or it's pacing, it is more enjoyable for me than many anime that are written very well.
Mar 14, 2016 3:40 PM

Feb 2012
Dam, FatMichiko totally turned that situation around on the journalist

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 26, 2016 11:34 PM

Jan 2013
I quite liked this episode. Some things don't make much sense, like how Hana was able to outrun the hot air balloon and climb up the lighthouse before the balloon got too far away. Also how they survived in the ocean currents, etc.
Sep 6, 2016 3:20 PM
Aug 2012
this hug was full of kindness and love...and it describe what through you must walk to reach mutual understanding
Nov 16, 2016 12:39 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty satisfying episode, the bad people got caught and M & H finally reunited. Looked like Hatchin learned a few tricks while she was with the circus, at least.

What I don't get is that Rita claimed she had been with the circus since she was born. How did she not know about the child slavery scheme? Well, maybe I just didn't pay attention enough.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

windy - Mar 22, 2009

241 by superwaha »»
Feb 27, 10:24 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Nov 12, 2008

104 by prozyne »»
Jan 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 29, 2008

82 by prozyne »»
Jan 28, 5:38 AM

» music in this series

abyss_will - Jan 20, 2019

5 by abyss_will »»
Jan 22, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 16 Discussion

simo000 - Mar 14, 2009

40 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 4, 2023 7:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.