Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2009 6:23 AM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's as if they have a checklist of every possible story-telling cliche that must be committed before the end! Memory loss now... ^^
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Aug 8, 2009 9:15 PM

Feb 2008
Silverhammer said:
It's as if they have a checklist of every possible story-telling cliche that must be committed before the end! Memory loss now... ^^

lol

they should have found a way to warn Fulle about possible assassins.
Dec 2, 2009 9:02 PM

Jul 2009
omg...this ep was so awesome!
haha...memory loss thing
Mar 7, 2012 2:01 AM

Sep 2011
Not gunna lie, I really enjoyed that episode.

I hope I don't forget to download this Anime's BGMs after I complete it. :(
Jun 9, 2015 10:25 PM

Feb 2013
I find it a little too convenient that almost everyone they've met on their travels just so happens to be in that city now lol.
Mar 22, 2016 5:53 AM

Dec 2015
The guardians are really coming together now
Sep 17, 2016 1:13 AM

Jul 2008
Oh lord even Reynard made a cameo.

Memory loss arcs suck.
Sep 8, 2017 3:28 PM

Jun 2016
Why doesn't Raquel have a peacemaker trailing her if Shannon does? There were three of them. At the least swap between the two Cin! It's just weird, clearly both her siblings would be looking for her, why not do a scan and check all nearby guardians? In fact I'd bet Furet is a guardian too. Now that is a form of lazy writing that isn't excused by 'destiny'. See my response below, and my post on last episode if you want to see me rant about this stuff.

To swap it up, apart from the abhorrently lazy writing, I do really like the characters and their relationships among each other. It's delightful to watch them interact and show their colors. And I think amnesia is actually something good to happen, it's meaningful in this kind of story to have Pacifica lose her memories and live the life she always wanted, but the way it was done was very poor, or at least appears so. Her and Furet are adorable and I like their interactions a lot, however I assume he reminds her of Shannon and that's why she has an attachment with him. Last and maybe least, I find it highly amusing that Pacifica is now using body costumes to hide herself, it's something that I thought she should've done back when they first met Winia.

Shape430 said:
I find it a little too convenient that almost everyone they've met on their travels just so happens to be in that city now lol.

I understand this is an old post, but this isn't just a convenience problem, this is a problem with using destiny as a lazy centerpiece for your story. You can claim Raquel had an amazing barrier because she was destined to, and you can claim everybody including Keydorf has come because if you noticed, they are all guardians. They were destined to swarm around and protect Pacifica, it's only to be expected.

All that being said, I call it lazy writing. How do we get our heroes to win and have powers, oh chosen ones and destiny, how do we make sure everybody is together despite having personal motivations that lay elsewhere, oh chosen ones and destiny, you get what I'm saying. And what else it does is makes people's decisions meaningless, this will happen because they're programmed to. Not that it's horrible to have a theme about determinism, but when it's done lazily and takes away from the overall quality of the story it is. It's one of the two major things that drag this show down. The other being peacemakers brainwashing abilities being used to eliminate all tension from the war drama, no need to humanize anyone or think their decisions through, just brain wash them!
Mar 17, 2019 12:56 PM
Aug 2018
So the "Peacemaker" start to get sweaty palms and try to do whatever they can to kill the princess at this point.

And the manipulated humans, that think that the princess will destroy the world, are on their way to destroy it themselves with an all out war.
It would be kinda interesting if this were to actually happen and the princess were one of the few survivors.

Aug 16, 2021 5:41 AM

Dec 2018
the characters were a little funny at first but are kind of starting to get annoying at this point i've been hoping for a little more growth, but it seems like everyone's still largely the same (dysfunctional, or at least overly emphasized traits). the plot has become meandering and when we finally got the exposition dump the people were so dumbfounded by it that they had to explain it several times all over again.
Mar 24, 2023 12:45 PM

Aug 2019
"She might be happier this way"? You can't be serious. She has no memory of who she was, where her siblings are, or ANYTHING. I'll admit I've tolerated some seriously questionable stuff in this show but dude this is just stupid. How did she lose her memory. How did any of this happen :(

I think I may be dropping this one here :( I loved this at first but the infodumps suck, and this whole amnesia arc sucks.

The only thing I enjoyed in this episode was probably seeing Mr. Soopie again, and seeing Pacifica in that horse costume

More topics from this board

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 12 Discussion

Nande - Dec 21, 2007

10 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Mar 24, 1:46 AM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 24 Discussion

hznu - Aug 30, 2008

44 by NoviSun »»
Nov 7, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 15 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 8, 2009

10 by Alkimia »»
Mar 24, 2023 12:13 PM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 14 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 8, 2009

7 by Alkimia »»
Mar 24, 2023 11:16 AM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 13 Discussion

fedaykin - Jan 9, 2009

10 by Alkimia »»
Mar 23, 2023 9:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.