Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Flowers of Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 13, 2013 7:15 AM

Jan 2013
I've been browsing through the sub-forums for this anime and besides art, what's wrong with this anime?

*Note: I heard something about NTR in this anime, I'm a fan of NTR and I can withstand strange or bad artwork in the name of NTR.

Jun 13, 2013 7:33 AM

Dec 2012
There is no NTR but there is rape and a twisted love triangle. I would suggest reading the manga though because the anime is not gonna cover a lot and might have an open ending.
Jun 13, 2013 8:01 AM

Jan 2013
tsudecimo said:
There is no NTR but there is rape and a twisted love triangle. I would suggest reading the manga though because the anime is not gonna cover a lot and might have an open ending.

You said the magic word. Definitely gonna watch it now, sometime later on.
Jun 13, 2013 8:27 AM

May 2008
There's no rape in the animu yet, just the manga~

Jun 13, 2013 8:54 AM
Sep 2011
Just give it a try and see if it appeals to you.
Imo it's the directing and peculiar atmosphere which makes this show so special, however, whether you will like it depends on your own preferences.
Jun 13, 2013 8:59 AM

Jun 2012
Psyche_Izaya said:

fuck i clicked the spoiler
ORIGINAL SIGNATURE
Jun 13, 2013 10:17 AM
Mar 2011
Vixion said:
Psyche_Izaya said:

you probably wont see the spoiler in the anime anyway, which is a shame.
i suggest reading the manga. there are more fucked-up shit that happens that the anime wont get into.
13 episode is just too short. thats why you see alot of posts for an original anime ending or and open ending- a cliffhanger that doesnt resolve anything
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jun 13, 2013 11:09 AM

Jan 2008
Besides the art, which you will either love or hate, there are a few problems with the writing and characters. Main problem, IMO, is the MC. He's a total moron, retard and coward. If you can't stand to watch people like that, you won't like this anime. Oh, ans he's pretentious as well, trying to distance himself from the pack because he's so much better, even though he knows deep down he's not even average. I knew a couple of people like that back in my high school, and they were the most insufferable people I knew back then. So yeah, unless you are, like him, a masochist, you're not going to like this. Nakamura is crazy, but at least she's interesting and entertaining. Kasuga is neither.
I guess you can watch this for Nakamura, because she IS quite unique. I just wish the anime looked better.
Jun 13, 2013 11:31 AM

Mar 2013
Actually I like the MC. He's pretty real, though sometimes he does overreact. He's not a moron a retard or a coward.

But yeah you should watch it just for Nakamura.

3nvy said:
that eoten be eatin the pizza pi

Does anybody know a way that a body could get away?
Jun 13, 2013 11:37 AM

May 2013
now, I don't watch the anime merely because of the art. However, it led me to go and read the manga and it really is a great piece of manga.

The MC is not by any means a moron or retard cause I can count on all my toes and fingers how much retarded male leads there are and I still wouldn't have enough appendages to count.

Nakamura is very unique as everyone says, it's not NTR, it's very twisted. For a manga called Flowers of Evil, it's to be expected. I just wish .. the anime was not so god damn horrible (the art, you can argue "masterpiece" but my answer to that? BULLFUCKINGSHIT"). The anime wouldn't get that far for it to get really interesting for example the .. spoiler up above, which man, was one of the best parts, teehee~
You're all idiots, but I'm no different.
Jun 13, 2013 11:39 AM

Dec 2012
DmonHiro said:
is the MC. He's a total moron, retard and coward. If you can't stand to watch people like that, you won't like this anime. Oh, ans he's pretentious as well, trying to distance himself from the pack because he's so much better, even though he knows deep down he's not even average.

I don't see how is that a problem, the MC isn't a static character he eventually gets out of it and develop as a character.
Jun 13, 2013 12:13 PM

Jan 2008
tsudecimo said:
I don't see how is that a problem, the MC isn't a static character he eventually gets out of it and develop as a character.

More or less correct, but that does not change the fact that he is quite unbearable for at least half of the show. I think he might turn people off to this show more then the rotoscoping. He most certainly gets better, but it takes about 6.5 episodes to do so, out of a 12 episode show. I'm just saying, if you don't like the MC, you're probably not doing to like the anime.

PS: He is too a moron: everything could have been solved if he just told Saeki the truth, that he got scared and ran off, and didn't realize he took the gym bag with him.
He is too a coward: he couldn't stand up to Nakamura even a little bit for 6 episodes.
Jun 13, 2013 7:42 PM
Feb 2012
Story isn't that bad, but the characters make this appalling for my own sake.
Jun 14, 2013 12:56 PM

May 2008
amginex said:
Vixion said:
Psyche_Izaya said:

i suggest reading the manga. there are more fucked-up shit that happens that the anime wont get into.
13 episode is just too short. thats why you see alot of posts for an original anime ending or and open ending- a cliffhanger that doesnt resolve anything
Is it okay to read the manga where the anime atm is? Or should I better start at chapter 1?
Jun 14, 2013 1:56 PM
Mar 2011
Jonas said:
amginex said:
Vixion said:
Psyche_Izaya said:

Is it okay to read the manga where the anime atm is? Or should I better start at chapter 1?

i would actually suggest to wait until the next 3 episode is over. or at least until after the next episode this weekend, because there is a probability a new different anime ending might be introduced.

if you followed the anime so far, there really isnt anything they missed in the manga. every scene in the manga is in the anime and some are even stretched longer than the manga. so its not like you missed anything significant. so yes, its ok not to start reading at chapter 1. i think the epi 10 is around chapter 13-16 or something (im probably wrong)
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jun 15, 2013 2:24 AM

Mar 2012
I actually had the same question about this series. I've heard two different stories with it. I've heard it's really good and I've heard it's really bad.

There doesn't seem to be a middle ground with it so I'm having a hard time debating if I want to watch it or not. I'll probably skip since I hate the character archetype that the male lead is. To me, characters are paramount in any series I watch so if I can't stand the characters, even for a certain period of time, it's not something I'd enjoy.

I'll probably skip unless someone can convince me otherwise.
Jun 15, 2013 4:58 AM
Apr 2011
Meh. I really don't like the story of the manga. It's fucked up. The new arc seems to be interesting though.
Jul 19, 2013 11:56 AM
Lady of Floofs

Jan 2010
I love the creepy-ness, I love the insanity and I love this psychedelic anime!

I hate Takao so much for beeing such a pussy, I wanna kick his damn ass. He annoys me far more than any other Anime-character I've seen so far.
MALGRAPH____
Jun 30, 2014 2:06 AM

May 2012
Psyche_Izaya said:

Which chapter have this rape part ?
Jun 30, 2014 2:10 AM

May 2013
i loved aku no hana couldnt stop reading it once i started
Be It 10 or 1000 Men, The End Result Will Be The Same..
Jun 30, 2014 2:14 AM

Jan 2013
Read the manga, only the manga.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Mar 3, 2017 1:04 PM

Feb 2013
Jesus Christ the art is weird. I saw some manga images and it got me interested but what the heck is this anime art :DDD

I think ima start reading the manga
Mar 6, 2017 5:47 AM
Jun 2016
It's not bad, at all. Manga fans are just angry at the chara design and overall art direction, but I think the anime is objectively really enjoyable, if you don't mind the slow pace (And I personally love the art).
Jan 16, 2020 11:49 AM

Aug 2017
Worse anime I've ever seen, no joke.
May 26, 2020 1:08 PM

May 2018
It's a great adaptation, i would say that this part is better in the anime than the manga.
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

May 31, 2020 9:33 AM
Feb 2018
i haven't seen the anime , but the manga is pretty good
Jun 2, 2020 5:26 PM
Mar 2018
Aku no Hana is like dark chocolate: it kinda suck, but you know that flavour is unique.

I'm 7 years late, i know...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

325 by princesjelyfish »»
May 4, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

253 by princesjelyfish »»
Apr 24, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2013

86 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

131 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

135 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.