Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2009 9:08 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just finished airing. Everyone on 2ch was expecting the OP to be different. Ah well.

My TV Tokyo live stream sucked ass. 320x240 video w/ 16kbps audio. Maybe next time I'll just wait for TV-J or Zero Raws release.

There's a new rumor, which is one of the main subjects of this episode:

So many cute scenes!

Haha, Haruta's fantasy is very funny too:

lol, Taiga upskirt:

Yes!! Looks like Inko chan will be back next episode.

Screencaps by Areya@2ch.
sniWJan 7, 2009 9:15 AM
Jan 7, 2009 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
Nice episode! Toradora! deprivation is not good for me :)
sniW said:
Everyone on 2ch was expecting the OP to be different.

No! Don't change it! The current OP is godlike, I don't need any other (and so is the ED)

Cutest moment was truly Minorin and Ryuuji watching picture 85!
The whole legend of touching Taiga was a funny idea, how everyone does both believe it and don't at the same time :)

sniW said:
Ami seems disappointed that Takasu still sees her as a child (?)

That's the way to her character development, I think. Ami thinks she is very mature, we see that in the scene with the teacher. But Ryuuji is the key which make her think about it (telephone scene), even when she wants to deny it.

Preview: LOL, Kitamura rampages or what can we expect from next episode?
Jan 7, 2009 1:36 PM

Aug 2008
This was definitely a cute episode, but this was so obviously a transition episode as well. I have a feeling the s&%$ is about to hit the fan. Drama will probably ensure now that there's been a little peace and the relationships have all been established. I loved how Ryuuji's mom basically included Taiga as part of their family at the end. That was so great - she needed that.

I also really like how Ryuuji's and Taiga's relationship is so different than what we usually see. They're so close and yet strangely platonic for the two main characters. I wouldn't mind them getting together at all, but I'm still going for Ryuuji/Minorin and Taiga/K. and I'm actually thinking the series is leaning that way now.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Jan 7, 2009 2:05 PM

Nov 2007
Wow what a great episode. Indeed there many cute moments in this episode:

-Picture 85
-Shopping at the Supermarket
-Riverside

GO Minori x Ryuji.

I also thought the ending where the sub-main characters (Minori, Kitamura, and Ami) were all reflecting on happiness was excellently done.

Also I have a good idea of what the Student President said to Kitamura, as it would relate to what's going to happen in the next episode.

MAJOR SPOILER FOR FUTURE EPISODES DONT CLICK UNLESS YOU WANT IT SPOILED
\
Jan 7, 2009 5:07 PM

Aug 2008
Well I think there had to be a purpose to her and so far there wasn't any, so it makes sense.

What a crazy, mixed up teenage world! I love it!
Jan 7, 2009 8:24 PM
Nov 2007
Yes, if the story follow the novel, then next episode will be an epic story following Kitamura. However, I wonder will the director made the whole thing shorter and edit some twist of the story based on the novel into something simpler ( Like how novel volume 1 story been made into 2 episodes, skipping alot major details).

I thought this episode was going to be standalone story based on the extra chapter on the novel, but I am surprised that mix into together with the last story development.

I also waiting the new OP and ED, hope it live up to the old OP and ED cause the music are really stuck-in-your-head type!
Jan 7, 2009 10:42 PM

Jan 2008
HoaRay said:
Cutest moment was truly Minorin and Ryuuji watching picture 85!

Yes, sensei crying when ami praised her fashion was cute too!
Jan 8, 2009 5:03 AM
Jun 2007
Awesome episode. Damn.. They're making everything complicated. lol
Jan 8, 2009 6:14 AM

Nov 2008
Heist said:
Yes, if the story follow the novel, then next episode will be an epic story following Kitamura. However, I wonder will the director made the whole thing shorter and edit some twist of the story based on the novel into something simpler ( Like how novel volume 1 story been made into 2 episodes, skipping alot major details).

I thought this episode was going to be standalone story based on the extra chapter on the novel, but I am surprised that mix into together with the last story development.

I also waiting the new OP and ED, hope it live up to the old OP and ED cause the music are really stuck-in-your-head type!

Question what does OP and ED mean in the context of animes?!

Second, I'm glad you said there is going to be some focus on Kitamura. I still think that Minorin is highly under developed, but lately they've been giving her more although I still think she's an ineffectual nutjob. I'm glad they're doing something with Kitamura although I can say that it took them long enough. Kitamura currently is the most under developed character there is, so I'm glad by your summation that they might take the time out to give him somethign more.

Although I notice a push by posters for RyuujixMinorin/TaigaxKitamura. I'm still of like mind to support RyuujixTaiga for the fact that they're relationship is the most well developed and shows full dependency. Great news about this ep, so I'm excited to see the new ep with subs.
Jan 8, 2009 6:31 AM

Jan 2008
vaberella said:
Question what does OP and ED mean in the context of animes?!
OP == opening animation/theme song. ED == ending animation/theme song. :P

vaberella said:
Although I notice a push by posters for RyuujixMinorin/TaigaxKitamura. I'm still of like mind to support RyuujixTaiga for the fact that they're relationship is the most well developed and shows full dependency. Great news about this ep, so I'm excited to see the new ep with subs.
Yeah..Ryuuji and Taiga both still seem really nervous when it comes to talking to Minori/Kitamura. But when Ryuuji and Taiga talk to each other, they don't really hold back at all, which is probably a good sign (but could also lead to being friend-zone'd).
Jan 8, 2009 7:38 AM

Sep 2008
I've really been enjoying the last couple of episodes, specifically the last two. This one had some cute scenes in it, including the ones mentioned above like picture 85, the conversation between Taiga and Kitamura (I was surprised! Didn't think Taiga would get the courage to blurt out what she said, much less even walk up to him. :P Definetly seeing some progress there) and the shopping bit.

As for the relationships or couples... Initially I'd been cheering for RyuujixTaiga all the way. Now, however, after watching the development between five main characters, I'm sort of hoping for TaigaxKitamura and RyuujixAmi. For some reason, I just neither enjoy nor can I visualize Ryuuji and Minorin as a couple. Still, the characters are so likeable, that I think this is the first time I wouldn't mind whatever pairings (if any) turn out in the end.

Guess we'll have to continue watching!
Jan 8, 2009 8:01 AM

Sep 2008
Huh, such a great ep. At the beginning it wasn't anything special for me, but at the end it turned out to be really nice plot developing ep. And more Ami - yeeah, I want to know everything about her.

Ruuji is such cold-hearted guy, Ami told him how full of happiness life can be, when you have someone who can prepare good meals for you, and spend time with you, now he gave her meat and told that she is childish and should eat good food - you bastard, you should invite her, and prepare something, since she is alone....

I like Ami, so I'm a little bit angry :D
Jan 8, 2009 9:00 AM

May 2007
Looks like they're starting to build something even bigger in this first ep of second half. I like the attention Ami gets in this episode, being told that she's mature by Minorin, her friends, and the teacher. She is lonely and probably confused with her true goal.

Kitamura's character finally come out a little bit. He and the student council leader probably have a thing for each other. So much going on this episode, yet I can't tell. The whole legend of Te Nori Taiga of Happiness was awesome. I WANT ME TO TOUCH TAIGA~

The last moment with Ya-chan was the tearjerker moment for me. Toradora! is best at what they're doing. <3
Jan 8, 2009 10:20 AM

Jul 2008
Nice episode, as always. ^^;
Was pretty startled with the beginning of the episode, but fortunately it turned out good. x)
Jan 8, 2009 11:38 AM
Apr 2007
Very nice episode!
Jan 8, 2009 12:33 PM

Dec 2008
"You can touch me all you want, anywhere you want"
LOL.

And lol at Taiga behind embarrassed for that random guy upskirting her.

Yes, a very good episode, I always love the short scenes with the sensei lol, how she's in her mid 20's/30's all depressed because she's single, how she envies teenagers, it's so hilarious xD.

Personally, I want it to be Ryuuji & Taiga in the end, but I don't mind who they end up with. Taiga's character alone is just so brilliant to watch <3.

~Abs
Jan 8, 2009 12:40 PM

Aug 2008
You know what...I'm definitely on the bandwagon with this one, the pacing for this episode was perfect. Very quick when it was light, and then very even when we were getting to some of the character moments. I was bemused throughout the whole episode, and laughed a few times. If the rest of the show can be like this, then I'll definitely have understood all the hype around this show.
Jan 8, 2009 1:04 PM

Nov 2008
Amazing.
another episode that is great from beginning to end.
I don't think I have seen any other anime that could blend humor and drama so well.
hi
Jan 8, 2009 1:19 PM

Jan 2009
Very nice episode. The characters are developing and the story doesn't stand still. Very nice moments in this ep. Keep the good work up, J.C.Staff!
Jan 8, 2009 2:06 PM

Jun 2008
Enjoyable episode.
The Minorin x Ryuugi development is starting, Minorin realizes that Ryuugi might be serious

Taiga x Kitamura convo was also cute, I lol'd at the touching quote
Im rooting for Taiga x Kitamura over Minorin x Ryuugi

Jan 8, 2009 2:16 PM
Dec 2008
Taiga x Ryuugi imo!

cute episode, haha at taiga's touching comment
Jan 8, 2009 2:30 PM
Dec 2007
Perfectly directed once again, especially the last scenes. The whole episode was funny and the characters are developping a bit once again with the script still going forward. Oh and I forgot, the voice actors are really, really good, even the one that I usually hate (come on, you know what I mean, her given name starts with an R ;)). This show really delivers and is far better than what it appeared to be in the beginning. I'm glad I gave it a try, it's probably my favourite show of the season (apart from Nodame of course).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 8, 2009 2:35 PM

Dec 2008
Great episode, by far one of my favourite! Had a great mix between drama and comdey, easily gets a 5/5!
Jan 8, 2009 2:46 PM

Jul 2008
It was an ok episode. The romantic progression has been practically at a stand-still for a few episodes now though, so that's starting to get a little frustrating. I mean these episodes are cool and all, but nothing is really happening.
Jan 8, 2009 2:47 PM

Apr 2008
comical relief after the romance of the festival : P
i wonder where it will go from here though.
Jan 8, 2009 2:59 PM
Apr 2008
Aww, what a cute episode :) Annoyingly I've almost caught up with the broadcasting so i'll have to wait a week for every episode :'( Ah well... at least i still get to watch Toradora :D

Jan 8, 2009 3:18 PM

Nov 2007
Great episode =D, lol @ the rumor, touch the palm top tiger get happy. Wonder what's going to happen to Ami from here on.
Jan 8, 2009 3:27 PM

Dec 2007
Aw nice episode again ! Photo 85 x3
& I'm glad Ami gets some development ! I want next episode T__T
Jan 8, 2009 4:39 PM

Dec 2008
From how the story develops I think Taiga will probably be with Kitamura. Something is going on between Kitamura and the pres... looks like something is gonna happen.

The Ryuuji, Minori and Ami puzzle is still in pieces. If Ryuuji ends up with either of them, it will be very sad for the other. I cant really tell what Minori thinking but she is starting to think Ryuuji likes her. *grin* Something is going on in Ami's life looking at her reaction after the phone calls. I love this episode ... as always :D
Jan 8, 2009 5:05 PM

Jul 2008
This is such a great series. I really have no idea where the pairings are going, but then I do. If that makes any sense. The character development and pacing is excellent.

Great transition episode. I'm dying for the next one. D:

BEGINNER
Jan 8, 2009 5:34 PM

Aug 2008
Minorin actually thinking about real life issues like a boy liking her. heehee! I love it!

Although what Ami said to Minorin sucks - I mean what a shark!

I am so cool with Ryuuji ending up with either Minorin or Taiga, but I want more romance, whereever it's going!
Jan 8, 2009 5:39 PM

Jan 2008
every episode wit Yachan screentime is a good episode to me xD

Ami is so head over heels in love with him ... it feels like she will start
to fight with just more hardballs then just those little comments ...^^

ah and i think kitamura seems like he got turned down for the moment...
RaiStorMJan 8, 2009 5:46 PM

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Jan 8, 2009 6:06 PM
Dec 2008
this episode was amazing, art was fantastic, plot was great..just excellent episode, cant wait till next weeks =d
Jan 8, 2009 6:13 PM

Aug 2008
Once again, I'm left speechless. This is the first show i've seen that can pull off something like "the jinx of the palm-top tiger" that would by any case considered as your average filler-ep and yet show depths of both emotional aspects and character development that can only be witnessed watching the top shows out there, if not the first time ever. (That was a mouthful.) Truly brilliant.

Taiga finding bounds of a true family maybe for the first time. The first time we see a reaction from Minorin that can be considered normal, a bit confused but 100% down to Earth. And if I understood right, Ami realizing that there is someone out there that can not only see through her masks, but someone that can understand her beyond anyone else and beyond ways she thought she knew herself.

I'm sure as hell looking forward to how all this might turn out!

PS: Most lol scene: Taiga wiping whatever she found into Ami's skirt
PS.2: sorry for my terrible english or if this didn't make any sense at all, but I'm drunk beyond anything that words can describe
Jan 8, 2009 7:20 PM
Apr 2008
AsianQuickSilver said:

Also I have a good idea of what the Student President said to Kitamura, as it would relate to what's going to happen in the next episode.

MAJOR SPOILER FOR FUTURE EPISODES DONT CLICK UNLESS YOU WANT IT SPOILED
I guessed as much. It probably will end up being that way.
Jan 8, 2009 7:40 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Defiance said:
It was an ok episode. The romantic progression has been practically at a stand-still for a few episodes now though, so that's starting to get a little frustrating. I mean these episodes are cool and all, but nothing is really happening.
this.
p r o f i l e 👀
Jan 8, 2009 10:48 PM

Sep 2007
The end of the episode was great. It really links everyone together through Taiga and each other. And Yacchan is always awesome. Needs more milf.

I lulz at Minori's yugioh reference.
Jan 8, 2009 11:04 PM

Jul 2008
Wow, I really loved this episode even if some say nothing really "happened" and naughty thoughts were flowing through my mind the entire time.

It was a great follow-up for all the characters in the show, even the teacher, after the last spectacular episode.

More Sudohbucks is always nice too.
FactorJan 9, 2009 12:10 AM
Jan 8, 2009 11:33 PM

Nov 2007
This episode seems to be a typical episode of a slice-of-life anime since because of the side story, or whatever you call it.

I love it, I can't wait for the new op and ed.

Jan 8, 2009 11:47 PM

Aug 2007
Paeru said:
Huh, such a great ep. At the beginning it wasn't anything special for me, but at the end it turned out to be really nice plot developing ep. And more Ami - yeeah, I want to know everything about her.

Ruuji is such cold-hearted guy, Ami told him how full of happiness life can be, when you have someone who can prepare good meals for you, and spend time with you, now he gave her meat and told that she is childish and should eat good food - you bastard, you should invite her, and prepare something, since she is alone....

I like Ami, so I'm a little bit angry :D

I too like Ami. And dude, we think so alike. Ryuuji knows that she is childish and can't cook. So he should invite her too. RyuujixAmi FTW
Jan 9, 2009 12:09 AM

Mar 2008
Ami!!!!! more screen time~~~~
I watch this show just to see more of ami : )
Jan 9, 2009 12:23 AM

Aug 2007
dragonshade said:
Ami!!!!! more screen time~~~~
I watch this show just to see more of ami : )

Same here. Though I think she needs even more screen time. :3

Good episode. Feels like stuff is going to start happening soon since its all calm and happy right now.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Jan 9, 2009 12:38 AM

Oct 2007
I think when it comes to Ami, she wishes to be as mature as everyone says she is, but she doesn't really feel that way. When Ryuuji teases her and says she is such a child, she is a little suprised but not because of what most would think. I think she was surprised because he was the only one to confirm what she herself feels about herself. Even when the teacher or her classmates compliment her, she doesn't seem convinced. It's probably why she seems like she is developing feelings for Ryuuji, since he seems to accept her and understand her better than anyone else (besides her childhood friend, Kitamaru).

I love the scene where Ryuuji's mom pets Taiga. Despite it all, it's nice that Taiga still has a loving family. The ending scene where Ryuuji gets "petted" too is hilarious.

"Yuck! Don't touch me with your feet!"

lol
Jan 9, 2009 4:20 AM

Sep 2008
wow 14 episodes that were all perfect, this series has never dissapointed me once!

GO RYUJI AND AMI!!! (i still wish for this)
Jan 9, 2009 4:31 AM

Dec 2008
the waiting time was horrible.
I love this show
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2009 5:12 AM

Nov 2008
Another great episode !!
Jan 9, 2009 10:29 AM

Aug 2007
Aaagh, I so love the characters in this anime, more episodes pleeease
Jan 9, 2009 10:41 AM

Dec 2008
This episode was good.
I think the best part was at the End ,
in the supermarket and with all three at the table.

Oh I'm starting to like Ami, never thought that could happen XD

The desperate teacher is also a nice character
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2009 10:43 AM

Jul 2008
just finished downloading it, hope it meets my expectations :3

Jan 9, 2009 10:50 AM

May 2008
I really loved this episode... Probably the best one I've seen yet.
A past can last a lifetime.
How to Read Manga! | AnimeBytes | iMangaScans
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.