Itou Makoto (School Days)
10.4%
Tsuchimi Rin (Shuffle!)
3.3%
Manaka Junpei (Ichigo 100%)
2.6%
Urashima Keitaro (Love Hina)
5.6%
Nagase Junichi (Akane Iro Ni Somaru Saka)
0.7%
Aoba Riku (Tokimeki Memorial)
0.0%
Yoshiyuki Sakurai (Da Capo II)
0.4%
Hanabishi Kaoru (Ai Yori Aoshi)
2.6%
Sahashi Minato (Sekirei)
3.3%
Morisato Keiichi (Ah! My Goddess)
3.0%
Masaki Tenchi (Tenchi Muyo)
4.1%
Sugisaki Ken (Seitokai no Ichizon)
4.8%
Ayasaki Hayate (Hayate the Combat Butler)
5.9%
Kousaka Junpei (Nyankoi)
2.2%
270 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 3, 2009 11:09 PM

Nov 2008
-Kazu said:
NikkiKora said:
hirahira said:
tendayslate said:
And did Rena really like Keiichi?.

Oh, she said something adorable like

;_; Like, really adorable.

I have to agree on that, very sweet scene.

Really? I just interpreted that as a friendship thing. Not really a romantic thing. I could be wrong though. Maybe it's cause it wasn't stated outright.

Oh and I don't mind adding more to the list but if you want me to add him please make sure you vote for him. I don't want to add him just cause he exists. I hope you get what I mean. And hmm. I'm not surprised the way the poll is going. At least not too much. I do find it weird however that Makoto is beating Yuuichi. Oh well this thread is still young.
Jan 3, 2009 11:56 PM
Dec 2008
I want multi choice, I want vote for Aoba Riku (Tokimeki Memorial) & Hanabishi Kaoru (Ai Yori Aoshi)
Jan 3, 2009 11:56 PM

Apr 2008
tendayslateOh said:
and I don't mind adding more to the list but if you want me to add him please make sure you vote for him. I don't want to add him just cause he exists. I hope you get what I mean. And hmm. I'm not surprised the way the poll is going. At least not too much. I do find it weird however that Makoto is beating Yuuichi. Oh well this thread is still young.

Oh, I'd definitely vote for Tenchi. He is, in a sense, the original male harem lead. (Don't know if it's true or not but it seems so to me as Ranma wasn't so much a harem as it was Action/Comedy. But if I'm wrong feel free to correct.)
Jan 4, 2009 12:44 AM

Nov 2008
OutlawGryphon said:
tendayslateOh said:
and I don't mind adding more to the list but if you want me to add him please make sure you vote for him. I don't want to add him just cause he exists. I hope you get what I mean. And hmm. I'm not surprised the way the poll is going. At least not too much. I do find it weird however that Makoto is beating Yuuichi. Oh well this thread is still young.

Oh, I'd definitely vote for Tenchi. He is, in a sense, the original male harem lead. (Don't know if it's true or not but it seems so to me as Ranma wasn't so much a harem as it was Action/Comedy. But if I'm wrong feel free to correct.)

Alright adding Tenchi.
Jan 4, 2009 3:09 AM

Mar 2008
Although I like Clannad very much, I'm not really fond of the main character, therefore I voted for Keitarou. He's cute and dorky, which is always a good thing. =3
Jan 5, 2009 10:08 AM

Oct 2008
Heart_of_Storm said:
No Keichii Morisato from Ah! My Goddess?

For shame...

Also depends what you class as a Harem, I mean, TECHNICALLY Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is a harem show.. as is Elfen Lied...

I voted Keichi-san from Ahh megami sama because this is the manga that started the "geek, desperate, unpopular, unlucky and miserable guy who meets a goddess and falls in love with" genre. I could post a list with names of characters from animes who have the same personality as Keichi.
Jan 6, 2009 2:13 AM

Nov 2008
Looks like Tomoya is in the lead. (Yay!)
Followed by Keitaro
And Makoto? Don't know what to say about that.
Jan 6, 2009 2:17 AM

Jul 2007
Tomoya, because the only anime on there I haven't seen is Tenchi Muyo, and every other main character is a pussy shit.
All the mods fucking blow on this website except Kaiserpingvin, Cloudy-Sky, Baman and aero. PM me if you're actually good and I left you out.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Jan 6, 2009 2:22 AM

Jul 2008
Sin said:
Tomoya because every other main character is a pussy shit.
Lol, what the hell are you smoking?
Jan 6, 2009 2:24 AM

Jul 2007
Defiance said:
Sin said:

Nothing atm? Clarify your point if you want me to understand why you think I am.
All the mods fucking blow on this website except Kaiserpingvin, Cloudy-Sky, Baman and aero. PM me if you're actually good and I left you out.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Jan 6, 2009 2:35 AM

Jul 2008
Sin said:
Defiance said:
Sin said:

Nothing atm? Clarify your point if you want me to understand why you think I am.
He is the most emotionally weak character out of all those people, I couldn't even get past episode 4 because of how many times he would act overly depressed(ie the basketball scene).
Jan 6, 2009 2:39 AM

Jul 2007
Defiance said:
Sin said:
Defiance said:
Sin said:

He is the most emotionally weak character out of all those people, I couldn't even get past episode 4 because of how many times he would act overly depressed(ie the basketball scene).

That has nothing to do with him being a pussy, aka he's not the type of person who would get beat up without fighting back (like most of the ones on there), not to mention he has reason to be emotional. He's also funny as shit, he's not socially awkward, he stands out, he has a unique personality, and he just emits a "cool" aura in general. In short, he's someone you would hang-out with if he was real.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Jan 6, 2009 2:43 AM

Jul 2008
Sin said:
That has nothing to do with him being a pussy
I believe it has plenty to do with it, being emotionally weak is 10 times worse than being physically weak.
Jan 6, 2009 3:00 AM

Jul 2007
Defiance said:
Sin said:
I believe it has plenty to do with it, being emotionally weak is 10 times worse than being physically weak.

Not in my opinion, not to mention the fact that he really only is "emotionally weak" when it comes to Nagisa and his arm being broken due to his father (both of which are understandable).

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Jan 6, 2009 4:06 AM

May 2008
Tomoya or Yuuichi, they're both so cute. I love the way they deal with things for the girls around them. I don't think I could choose between them.
Jan 6, 2009 9:16 AM

Oct 2008
I haven't watch enough to make a vote, but I am picking Yoshiyuki Sakurai (Da Capo II) because he seems to be the more serious one out of the the others.

Jan 15, 2009 10:31 AM

Mar 2008
Sahashi Minato
Jan 15, 2009 11:07 AM

Feb 2008
Sin said:
Defiance said:
Sin said:

Not in my opinion, not to mention the fact that he really only is "emotionally weak" when it comes to Nagisa and his arm being broken due to his father (both of which are understandable).
Exactly my point. Tomoya has a reason for being depressed but it's not like he's depressed all the time. It was only neccessary at the start as an introduction to the character, his shoulder is basically one of his personal hang ups which gets referred to throughout the series. It's really important.

KeyAni leads > All.
Jan 16, 2009 1:26 AM

Oct 2008
Why's Girls Bravo guy not up there? He's the wussiest of them all.
Jan 16, 2009 6:08 AM

Dec 2008
hirahira said:
why is Tomoya getting all the votes? Yuuichi needs more!

If Kyon counts as a harem lead, I would pick him.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya isn't a harem =P It was just good fun. But I agree, if Kyon was a choice, he'd win my vote. He's not so...hmm, how do I say this...all lost and confused about his life? He just lives his here and now, which is cool. No emotional breakdowns whatsoever. Otherwise, as much as I'd like to disagree with everyone, I can't really help what I feel, so Tomoya takes my vote. He continues to develop really well, and reacts to all things in ways that most people can relate to. He has a good background story, and he's the only character I know that's been given a whole season to be with the girl of his dreams. Most of the time it stops at or soon after the male lead asks the female lead (like in Shuffle!). It's interesting seeing an actual couple =P

Dango, dango, dango, dango, dango, daikazoku~

Jan 18, 2009 10:10 AM

Jul 2008
LolitaDecay said:
KeyAni leads > All.
I disagree with this so much that I'm bringing the topic back up just to say....No.
Jan 18, 2009 10:59 AM

May 2007
I like Keitaro, just a nice guy, he isn't a horrible pervert or anything, but he does have "needs" very realistic. He also had to grow to be liked by all the girls, they didn't just all like him at the beginning, he deserved their admiration.
My anime list
Jan 18, 2009 11:01 AM

Jul 2008
OKAZAKI TOMOYA FTW!!! xD
Jan 18, 2009 11:19 AM

Jul 2007
Tomoya, because we actually get to see him face some standard challenges met in life when leaving the bird's nest. And
Spoiler for Clannad AS Episode 13

Furthermore, Clannad's focus on family gives him a much more colourful past than most other harem leads are able to receive. And, personally I prefer the conflicts that he deals with to the conflicts most other characters deal with, that is
spoiler for Clannad
Jan 18, 2009 11:26 AM

Nov 2008
Ahh... must go with Keitaro from Love Hina <3
Jan 18, 2009 11:40 AM

Feb 2008
EXMemories said:
hirahira said:

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya isn't a harem =P

Yes it is, it totally is, Kyon is surrounded by an entire cast of girls, Haruhi, Mikuru, Yuki, Koizumi (ya-huh),Asakura, Tsuruya..
Jan 18, 2009 5:34 PM
Jun 2008
Not to mention Kyon-ko makes an adorable girl. I have affection for a lot of the leads on the list, but yeah Kyon makes for one of the most amusing male leads in an anime ever.

Tomoya is a complex character and a generally likable guy for all the reasons the OP stated.

Of course I think I like Keitaro (Love Hina) or Keichi of Ah My Goddess. Keiichi is patient, kind, reliable and easy to get along with.
Jan 18, 2009 6:09 PM

Oct 2007
I hate his character but I voted Makoto. Simple reason for my vote, he actually takes action instead of worrying about emotions. Plus his actions are rewarded, multiple times in some cases, by almost every character in the show :). He may be the ultimate scumbag but he got laid more than every other character on this list, combined.
Jan 18, 2009 6:14 PM

Feb 2008
Where's the option for Hayate? ):
Shana is love.

Jan 18, 2009 6:16 PM

Jan 2009
Chose Kaoru from Ai Yori Aoshi. That's probably because he's the most normal out of all of them. He's just a regular guy, not really a wimp or sexual deviant.
Jan 18, 2009 6:24 PM

Jun 2008
Shini-tan said:

Thats a guy?

O_O
(づ°‿°.)づ
Jan 18, 2009 11:16 PM

Jan 2009
Okazaki Tomoya FTW!
He's not a puss like Keitaro

Jan 19, 2009 4:21 AM

Oct 2008
Isnt this a bet obvious.
Its obviously Tomoya.
Jan 19, 2009 4:23 AM

Oct 2008
Shini-tan said:

Theirs a different thread for transexuals I believe.
He is a male, but obviously from the pictures, he seems like he rather be a female.
Jan 19, 2009 4:54 AM

Jul 2008
X-Buster said:
Isnt this a bet obvious.
Its obviously Tomoya.
X-Buster said:
Shini-tan said:

Theirs a different thread for transexuals I believe.
He is a male, but obviously from the pictures, he seems like he rather be a female.
Double post is double, and Hayate would beat that bitch from clannad any day of the week.
Jan 19, 2009 5:59 AM

Aug 2008
I'm curious as to why anyone would pay attention to the MALE in a harem.
Feb 5, 2010 12:41 AM

Nov 2008
Haha those usually end up being my favorite characters in harems. Well... At least in the Key ones for sure. Glad to see Tomoya is winning haha.
Feb 5, 2010 12:59 AM

May 2009
Wow... people actually voted for Makoto?

I went with Tenchi mostly because it's one of my all-time favorite series, and partially because I didn't see K-1 there. XD
Feb 5, 2010 1:23 AM

Nov 2009
Defiance said:
Double post is double, and Hayate would beat that bitch from clannad any day of the week.

Hayate can take on giant robots on his own; while his character design does lend to being mistaken for a girl he can kick serious ass when he wants to. All he needs is to use his ultimate butler move to take out any one on the list (ironically though some of the girls from Clannad would give him a good challenge).
Feb 5, 2010 1:53 AM

Nov 2009
I have to pick Yuuichi as he is by far the character I can relate most to out of all of the choices above. Also I like how even when bad things happen to him, he can still pick himself up and be the crutch that supports the others going through hard times.

Tomoya was second though, after all having Sunohara as a best friend is just pure win!
Feb 5, 2010 2:08 AM

Aug 2008
Sugisaki Ken. Why is he not on the poll!?!?!

But anyway, he knows what he wants and he's not afraid to declare it. He also has legitimate reasons for why he goes after the girls so much.
Feb 5, 2010 2:31 AM

Jun 2009
As expected... Okazaki Tomoya dominate this poll ^_^

He's at a completely different level in term of character.

Kurtz said:
I'm curious as to why anyone would pay attention to the MALE in a harem.

O.o
So there are people who only watch it for cute girls instead of well wrtten plot/characters...

Defiance said:
Sin said:
Defiance said:
Sin said:

Wow... just wow.

gg. I can't argue with people who don't understand that.

I felt like shit over being injured and missed a game, I don't even wanna begin to imagine losing a shoulder and...

Christ.

hirahira said:

Tomoya's a lot funnier, more mischevious and emotionally involve with all the girls. Yuuichi, though he fight for the girls, he seem like he's obligated to help the girls.

Kyon...
That guy will never get my vote. He's just a pushover who complain from within. Plain and simple. I don't get how people can like him at all. The only nice quality he have is that he's not annoying like Emiya Shirou.

Seriously, all he do is stand there and complains.
AirStylesFeb 5, 2010 2:57 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2010 3:06 AM

Oct 2009
Tomoya Okazaki, not only does he have growth and depth, but he actually chooses a girl in the end, without too much wishy-washiness... unlike other harem leads.
Feb 5, 2010 4:21 AM

Aug 2009
Rin, he treats them all equally.
I don't count Tomoya becoz of the OVA and Makoto is just an ass that uses the girls as a sex toy.
Feb 5, 2010 4:24 AM

Mar 2009
Ontario said:
Shini-tan said:

Thats a guy?

O_O

Lol. Looks like a girl.

Honestly, I pretty much dislike most harem male leads for some reason.
Feb 5, 2010 5:29 AM

Apr 2009
Tomoyo by far. Almost everyone else feels mediocre.
Hell, if you switch the male leads in one of these shows, I wouldn't be able to tell any differences between them.

I feel like the cast of girls in a harem usually overshadow the actual male lead role.
While Tomoyo leaves quite an impression and experiences significant changes throughout Clannad.
mell4444Feb 5, 2010 5:35 AM
Feb 5, 2010 5:43 AM

Jan 2010
All of the choices are wimps....
Where are the "guy" characters?

For me, my favorite by far is Sousuke(he has Chidori and Tessa so he should count).
Score Criteria:
Feb 5, 2010 8:29 AM

Nov 2009
wow heavy Tomoya fanbase, well he deserves this overrating...
He was actually not the best male harem, but okazaki possesses the best character development for a male harem lead(the real winning factor)...
though in the main storyline, he created a much likely boring romance, at least he made a guaranteed "product" out of that love, which others would not have...

Feb 5, 2010 8:35 AM

Dec 2007
Sylpheed said:
No doubt, it's Okazaki Tomoya. Second is Aizawa Yuuichi.

Exactly my thoughts.
Feb 5, 2010 9:02 AM

Dec 2009
Junpei Kousaka from Nyan Koi

I love him :D

Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/TeaAnyOne91

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Has anyone noticed how sequel bias is an anime only thing?

APolygons2 - 2 hours ago

29 by WatchTillTandava »»
1 minute ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

243 by Zarutaku »»
4 minutes ago

» Why are classic dubbed anime always being praised more than modern dubs?

funtime43_tr - 29 minutes ago

3 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
5 minutes ago

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream? ( 1 2 )

BroDa2545 - Apr 16

66 by Morphun »»
6 minutes ago

» Guys I did it!

TsutanaiFuun - Yesterday

32 by APolygons2 »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.