Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 3, 2013 11:52 AM
Sep 2012
i could have sworn after the credits of EVA 2.0 that a lance was thrown through EVA Unit 01 and that the third impact was stopped. Did i miss something?
TachiiJun 5, 2013 1:25 PM
May 3, 2013 6:20 PM

Mar 2011
Same here, i thought it was stopped o.o and the scenes from the preview didn't even show up in the third movie. did i miss something important here??
May 3, 2013 6:57 PM

Oct 2012
Well if you noticed...none of what you saw in the previews in 2.22 was in 3.33 except for Asuka with a eye-patch, that's it.

That's why we're waiting for 4.0. Until then, those previews are meaningless.
So for now, take it for what it's worth:

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
May 7, 2013 9:23 PM
Dec 2012
It was called both the Near Third and Third impact in the movie. IMO it was stopped, but still considered by some an 'impact' of sorts because of the trigger.
May 18, 2013 12:47 PM
Jan 2013
Tavor said:
Well if you noticed...none of what you saw in the previews in 2.22 was in 3.33 except for Asuka with a eye-patch, that's it.

That's why we're waiting for 4.0. Until then, those previews are meaningless.
So for now, take it for what it's worth:
The scene with Kaworu piercing Unit 01 wasn't a preview, it was just a scene after credits. The preview was after that.
May 18, 2013 12:51 PM

Apr 2012
From what I understood, after the near 3rd impact was stopped, Kaworu went to dogma with 4 other Seele kids to still make another 3rd impact happen. Thus why the earth is all red, and why you can see the huge white ball with squares of Lilith in 3.0. And why mankind is almost gone and everybody hates Shinji.
May 18, 2013 4:13 PM

Oct 2012
burgundian said:
The scene with Kaworu piercing Unit 01 wasn't a preview, it was just a scene after credits. The preview was after that.

Actually, you're right after I re-watched the end there. I simply lumped that scene with the previews by mistake.
EratiK said:
From what I understood, after the near 3rd impact was stopped, Kaworu went to dogma with 4 other Seele kids to still make another 3rd impact happen. Thus why the earth is all red, and why you can see the huge white ball with squares of Lilith in 3.0. And why mankind is almost gone and everybody hates Shinji.

Also would make sense.

Better clean up this shit 4.0.

May 22, 2013 10:32 AM
Sep 2012
EratiK said:

wait why does everyone hate shinji if the 3rd impact he was about to cause was stopped?
May 22, 2013 10:35 AM

Oct 2012
xtremexx said:
EratiK said:

wait why does everyone hate shinji if the 3rd impact he was about to cause was stopped?

Been reading some rather vague theories here and there. One such theory is that 3.33 is an alternate reality timeline. Watch more here:
http://youtu.be/Hw9NiztvxSY?t=13m3s

May 25, 2013 12:11 PM
Jul 2018
I think u guys are looking into it too much.. everyone pissed at shinji cuz he said screw the world screw myself screw everyone but ayanami I just want to save her.. and started third impact.

even tho he was stopped by kaworu he started widespread destruction in tokyo and turned everyone there into an lcl pool and giant throne of skulls. the human souls then start morphing into dead eva type creatures.. so yea shinji really screwed things up what kaworu did n the next 14 years is irrelevant to why everyone hates shinji.

Kaji toji everyone from tokyo not seen on the wunder is probably dead and there you have why everyone on the wunder was pissed @ him.

Why asuka was mad was harder to understand but at the end she just wanted to stop shinji from starting the FOURTH IMPACT.

Makes sense to me.
May 25, 2013 1:18 PM

Oct 2012
GarudaAiacos said:
I think u guys are looking into it too much..

Welcome to Evangelion
GarudaAiacos said:
everyone pissed at shinji cuz he said screw the world screw myself screw everyone but ayanami I just want to save her.. and started third impact.

Mhm, and what about...

GarudaAiacos said:

even tho he was stopped by kaworu he started widespread destruction in tokyo and turned everyone there into an lcl pool and giant throne of skulls. the human souls then start morphing into dead eva type creatures.. so yea shinji really screwed things up what kaworu did n the next 14 years is irrelevant to why everyone hates shinji.

End of Evangelion turned everyone into LCL; the waters are already red in 1.11 and 2.22 anyway.
Not a single indication of anyone turning into "giant throne of skulls. the human souls then start morphing into dead eva type creatures.." from 2.22 either when Kaworu stopped Third Impact.

"so yea shinji really screwed things up what kaworu did n the next 14 years is irrelevant to why everyone hates shinji." <--- refer to the video I linked to however.
GarudaAiacos said:

Why asuka was mad was harder to understand but at the end she just wanted to stop shinji from starting the FOURTH IMPACT.

Because....
"ANTA BAKA SHINJI!!!"

May 25, 2013 3:57 PM

Aug 2008
Well Misato isn't pissed at Shinji for one thing. And just because the 3rd impact was stopped, doesn't mean it didn't do some damage (hence the amount of survivors we see in this movie).
May 26, 2013 6:23 AM
Jul 2018
Tavor said:
GarudaAiacos said:
I think u guys are looking into it too much..

Welcome to Evangelion
GarudaAiacos said:
everyone pissed at shinji cuz he said screw the world screw myself screw everyone but ayanami I just want to save her.. and started third impact.

Mhm, and what about...

GarudaAiacos said:

End of Evangelion turned everyone into LCL; the waters are already red in 1.11 and 2.22 anyway.
Not a single indication of anyone turning into "giant throne of skulls. the human souls then start morphing into dead eva type creatures.." from 2.22 either when Kaworu stopped Third Impact.

"so yea shinji really screwed things up what kaworu did n the next 14 years is irrelevant to why everyone hates shinji." <--- refer to the video I linked to however.
GarudaAiacos said:

Because....
"ANTA BAKA SHINJI!!!"

Sorry maybe I screwed up some of that was info from 3.33 thought this was a 3.0 thread?

Kaworu clearly tells shinji those eva things are human souls from near third impact trying to evolve and u cleary see a giant pool of lcl and lots of skulls around and this Iis exactly under tokyo and all od tokyo and geofront is destroyed all that's left is a pool of lcl that wasn't there before and a bunch of skulls.

Only thing I DONT understand is where the headless lilith came from how its head was chopped off. why angel 12 was trapped in marl 06. and how the two spears ended up piercing mark 06 and lilith.

From what I saw in eva 3.33 those are the only unanswered questions and if they explain the missing 14 years in 4.0 then they will probs explain all that.

So I feel like I understand it PRETTY well so far ;]
May 26, 2013 6:42 AM

Apr 2012
GarudaAiacos said:
Only thing I DONT understand is where the headless lilith came from how its head was chopped off. why angel 12 was trapped in marl 06. and how the two spears ended up piercing mark 06 and lilith.
In 3.0 Kaworu said the 3rd impact took place in Dogma, and we know it implies the simultaneous presence of both Lilith and Adam, so that's why Lilith was here.

Like in Eoe, once an impact is interrupted, Lilith self-destroys because her anti-ATfield body can't coexist with Adam's ATfield, and her head falls off.

Also in Eoe, to become Lilith, Lilith has to merge with an angel (like Zeruel in 2.0). Assuming it's Leliel, we don't know where he came from. As for the mark 06, I think it's in 1.0 (when under construction on the moon) that you clearly see that it's actually Lilith in a blue armor, so technically not an eva.

When both the angel and Lilith were fused, they were only one easy to reach target with both spears.

What is important is that the spear of Cassius (which to me is an anti-antiATfield device) was also there but now isn't. It's probably Wille's now.
EratiKMay 26, 2013 6:46 AM
May 26, 2013 2:54 PM
Jul 2018
EratiK said:
GarudaAiacos said:
In 3.0 Kaworu said the 3rd impact took place in Dogma, and we know it implies the simultaneous presence of both Lilith and Adam, so that's why Lilith was here.

Like in Eoe, once an impact is interrupted, Lilith self-destroys because her anti-ATfield body can't coexist with Adam's ATfield, and her head falls off.

Also in Eoe, to become Lilith, Lilith has to merge with an angel (like Zeruel in 2.0). Assuming it's Leliel, we don't know where he came from. As for the mark 06, I think it's in 1.0 (when under construction on the moon) that you clearly see that it's actually Lilith in a blue armor, so technically not an eva.

When both the angel and Lilith were fused, they were only one easy to reach target with both spears.

What is important is that the spear of Cassius (which to me is an anti-antiATfield device) was also there but now isn't. It's probably Wille's now.

I agree with your knowledge with the show and 3rd impact mechanics from EoE BUT one question...

What are you implying happened that in between when unit 01 merged into a godlike being after merging GNR into his core and being stopped by spear of cassius a whole lot of unseen stuff happened while credits were playing like lilith showing up being impaled head fallin off etc...

Or are you saying shinjis near third impact was completely stopped by the spear and a real third impact happened later on while he was unconciouss in those 14 years...?

If you could elaborate on your thoughts on that it would be greatly ap,preciated!
May 26, 2013 3:14 PM

Apr 2012
Yes, like I said in post #6, I think after the near-3rd impact was stopped by Kaworu, another 3rd impact took place in Dogma less than a year later.

If you watch the preview at the end of 2.0 frame by frame it's easy to understand. To sum it up:

Tokyo-3 gets evacuated
Nerv people are confined on boats
Eva 08 gets activated (Mari probably pilots, and later joins Wille)
Mark 06 goes to Dogma (Kaworu pilots, it's either Lilith or a clone of Lilith, notice the halo above the head)
Kaworu and 4 four kids assemble in front of a weird drawing (to start 3rd impact ritual)
Misato and Kaji learn something (probably like they did in the series when Kaji dies)
Gendo and Fuyutsuki go mountain trekking with a packed mule (?)
Mari meets with another Rei and her 3 little sisters in a sealed room (original Rei still fused in 01)
black and red image (?, this one is weird because the closest visually in 3.0 is the background during the shougi game)
Asuka with an eyepatch

An example of really unanswered point by 3.0 would be what happened to eva 10, 11, 12.
The evas Asuka battles in 3.0's preview look like the spare parts when Shinji is looking for Rei.
EratiKMay 26, 2013 3:50 PM
May 26, 2013 4:12 PM
Jul 2018
So that is what you think happened..

Hmm could be...

But I also heard that the preview at end of 2 just got completely scrapped because they decided to go a completely different direction with the plot...

I kind hope hope your wrong because it would be super lame of them to skip that much plot. Rebuild is sposed to be EVA done right and shouldn't be confusing and have unanswered questions like the show..

And Unit 01 has the ABILITY to start third impact at the very least as it happened at the end of 2.0 and was stopped... and it started after evangelion unit 01 merged the giant naked rei (soul of lilith) into his evas core...

Which means eva unit 01 was made from one of the adams perhaps and thats why 3rd impact was started by merging rei into its core?

Also in the 2nd impact flashback only one of the 4 adams has 3 eyes, eva unit 01 has 3 eyes when it turnes into the godlike energy being..

I really think it could be made from body of adam soul of shinji mother?

:)
removed-userMay 26, 2013 4:20 PM
May 26, 2013 4:32 PM

Apr 2012
GarudaAiacos said:
But I also heard that the preview at end of 2 just got completely scrapped because they decided to go a completely different direction with the plot...
I doubt the preview was scrapped, everything in the preview is more or less confirmed by 3.0:

Tokyo3 is empty
Wille is a fleet
Eva 08 is active
mark 06 is found by Shinji in Dogma
4 kids? are unsure, but at least it's coherent with Misato memories of 2nd impact were 4 kids/Adams are involved
Kaji isn't here, Misato has rebelled
mule? Mari and Rei?
black and red looks like shougi scene
Asuka has an eyepatch

GarudaAiacos said:
I kind hope hope your wrong because it would be super lame of them to skip that much plot. Rebuild is sposed to be EVA done right and shouldn't be confusing and have unanswered questions like the show..
Well it's movies, it's too short.

As for the rest I agree (it's already clear in the series that 01 is Adam), but I think new mechanics should be accounted for in Rebuild. Like what is the specificity of the white 01 awakened form, what's the role of Yui...
May 26, 2013 4:56 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
It didn't, but what Shinji did messed up Tokyo-3 pretty badly anyway.
May 26, 2013 5:32 PM
Jul 2018
In rebuild continuity could Shinji have an Adam soul as well? o.O

or just unit 01 is made from adam ..

gmm
May 26, 2013 5:37 PM
Oct 2010
GarudaAiacos said:
In rebuild continuity could Shinji have an Adam soul as well? o.O

or just unit 01 is made from adam ..

gmm

Rei fused with an adam soul and he fused his EVA with rei and the adam soul.
May 27, 2013 8:39 AM

Sep 2011
14 year time skip man, screwed up a lot things.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
May 27, 2013 3:32 PM
Jul 2018
I dunno I think if they explain what happened in the 14 year time skip in movie 4 everything will be cool because I thought movie 3 was epic regardless... just on its own merits movie 3 is pretty awesome..
Jun 1, 2013 11:32 PM
May 2013
HERE IT IS, THE PREVIEWS ARE FUCKING TROLLS AND 3.0 IS A WHOLE NEW PLOT LINE
Jul 16, 2013 12:39 PM
Sep 2012
Well, Eva 4.0 better be written by God, to solve some of this crap.
Jul 24, 2013 12:21 PM
Oct 2010
xdefcon5x said:

Previews may not be trolls, I believe they show what happens between movies. For instance it would be perfectly logical to assume that after 01 was impaled it was moved to space so NERV could protect it until they wanted to cause the 3rd impact.
Jul 25, 2013 8:32 AM

Jun 2013
xdefcon5x said:

Ummm...Did you watch 3.0 preview closely enough?
-Mark.06 descending to central dogma? (Happened)
-Rei wearing alternate school uniform. (Can be found in a box in 3.0, outside of her new "home")
-Nerv captured by UN-part. (Possible fusion of old NERV personnel (Misato ect.) and UN when they find out that there is a organization called SEELE who tries to cause the end of the world)
Many many many hints.

Everything is a part of timeskip and it's going to be explained in 4.0 as flashbacks. IMO.

Also, why is unit-08 in 3.0 different than in the preview? Simple: Anno wanted to create some suspicion about the preview's truthfulness.

The unit we see in the preview is maybe unit-07/10/11/12, who is one of four Adams. (I'm assuming that unit-01 is Lilith's clone like in NGE)
EVAMAAKU14Jul 25, 2013 9:03 AM
Jul 25, 2013 10:51 AM
Dec 2012
I believe major shit went down after 2.0 ended and the world got fucked up even more somehow. I read somewhere that Khara scrapped some of thier footage from 3.0 so there may be a good chance of flashback sequences for 4.0. Though i could be completely wrong because it is eva after all lol
May 15, 2016 12:47 AM
May 2016
I believe that 3.33 is a sequel to EoE.
Jun 23, 2016 2:57 PM

Mar 2014
Jose_Machado said:
I believe that 3.33 is a sequel to EoE.

This makes sense!! this is how i saw it...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dupa - Dec 17, 2012

786 by Ten »»
Apr 7, 8:45 PM

» I am Deathly Afraid of Evangelion

DoctorOddball - Aug 29, 2023

2 by DoctorOddball »»
Aug 29, 2023 6:10 PM

» How do you feel about Shinji??

SwagDemonMan - Oct 15, 2014

24 by DoctorOddball »»
Aug 29, 2023 6:06 PM

» Evangelion 3.0 explained (attempt to) [SPOILER]

GuidSMR - Apr 18, 2023

5 by DoctorOddball »»
Aug 29, 2023 6:05 PM

» So is Evangelion 3.0 really that bad? ( 1 2 )

DeusAnima - Oct 6, 2013

75 by Jun_Rei »»
Jul 12, 2022 5:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.