Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 19, 2017 11:21 PM

Oct 2014
Hype for Law and Luffy. If it's to take down an emperor it will probably last more than a single arc so hopefully we will be seeing Law frequently for a long time now.
Oct 31, 2017 2:49 PM

Feb 2013
Law has a plan to take out a yonkou, cool.
Jul 1, 2019 8:50 AM

May 2016
What an alliance this will be!!!!
Sep 25, 2019 4:00 AM

Jun 2016
This was probably my favorite episode of Punk Hazard. It was the epitome of the hilarity One Piece offers with how chillingly awesome it can be at the same time. It started with what was one of my favorite gags in the entire series. I often struggle with Franky’s intelligence, at times he comes off as observant and crafty, other times he comes off as the biggest dumbass on the crew. I think when you get down to it he’s incredibly rash, whether it’s pressing Vegapunk’s self destruct button or eating the monster pill early. And seeing it here was so funny I hardly stopped laughing. Franky in Chopper’s body looking so serious and mad and yelling about having a monster “bean” to fight with was already hysterical to me, and then Sanji-Chopper took the “beans” out of his own pocket. Then after being told he won’t be able to control himself and if he must he will only have 3 minutes, he shoves it in his mouth while he instantly and half consciously “BUUUBER’s” in the monster body. A part of me would love a stylish Franky with control of monster Chopper but that dumbass losing control and trying to fight Luffy the entire time as he yelled for him to stop was perfect.

We got to see how Luffy can deal with sharp things now. Back when he was fighting the snake sisters the spiked pit was incredibly dangerous. Now, despite cutting being rubbers biggest weakness, Luffy can harden and deal with it to a degree. I have to wonder if he could harden his entire body and be uncuttable at some point! There was also Luffy using Rayleigh’s teachings to redirect with gum gum balloon! We also amazingly got to see monster Chopper collapse, wake up, try to fight Luffy, and then casually redirect a freaking mountain top at one of the yeti brothers. Pure monster instinct baby! This was all awesome and I began to like the yeti brothers even more due to the prior scene where they thought it was cool that Nami-Franky was a queer and started to be giant adorable nerds about what was “cool” and “not cool”. As scary as they are, they were endearing as all heck there. That duo is a pair of serious weirdos. Their skill to shave and nearly teleport around mountains that they know perfectly and then snipe with guns big enough to encase Franky like he was Haruko in FLCL makes a ton of sense. They are a serious danger.

After the redirects took out one yeti brother, the other King Kong's Nami-Franky and ran off, not willing to fight on his own. But after Luffy fell behind and he reached the top of the cliff we had a chilling Law scene. We saw that he's started to go against Caesar already, cutting up his soldiers, and that continued. He’s such a scary presence as he goes around betraying his former allies without saying anything but the one phrase which means they’re already dead, “room”. He can be quite ruthless when he wants to be, even finishing the brother off with another surgeon-esque defibrillation type technique, counter shock.

This went from hilarious and crazy to just freaking chillingly cool, and then immediately this moment was sandwiched with another one of my favorite gags in the series. As Law is talking to Luffy about his plan, Luffy takes a second to literally bite the chains off of Nami-Franky. Ever since we first saw him biting the cage Buggy put him in with those rubber chompers he’s never given up. The shared shock of Luffy casually biting off the chain while being spoken to had me laugh ridiculously hard. I think it was how underspoken it was that got me.

But after that Law revealed this was in fact the moment they meet in the opening, and that moment? Law asking Luffy to make an allegiance. It’s true, this is the four emperors sea, one must fight them or work under them. Law and Luffy aren’t the types to work under them and we once saw Drake declared war on Kaido so he’s definitely in their camp too. But it goes past that, he has a plan to take down one of the emperors and he needs some help, in fact a key to do so is somewhere on this island. It’s why he came here it seems. This allegiance is great and speaking of opening moments, that goop monster in the opening is totally being sent to take out the G-5.
Dec 23, 2019 9:41 PM
Aug 2017
Wow, alliance with Lawand Luffy! Thats pretty cool like what Whitebeard did .
Jan 16, 2020 3:19 PM
Jul 2018
The ending of this episode was pretty damn epic. The exchange between Law and Luffy was awesome. And quite reassuring too. I'd love to see where this goes.
Sep 3, 2020 12:42 AM

Mar 2020
Oh my god, hell yeah, count me in for a Pirate Alliance!
Nov 24, 2020 3:08 AM

Jul 2020
LETS GOO. LAWWWWW
Feb 8, 2021 4:49 AM

May 2016
The Cool Brothers' fight with Luffy was really cool despite how quickly it went by.

The real highlight of the episode was the scene where Trafalgar invited Luffy to form an alliance to take down one of the Four Emperors!

Jul 12, 2021 3:05 AM

Jun 2019
Law, the clean badass. Just can't stop loving him.
Aug 23, 2021 7:57 AM

Aug 2021
omg they're gonna take on someone out of four emperors ( I think I'm already spoiled who it is ;-; )

Franky wtf xDDD
Nov 29, 2022 2:55 PM
Nov 2022
law(heart eyes emoji) (aoooga)
Jan 12, 2023 5:00 AM
Jan 2023
pretty good law and luffy teamed up W
Mar 17, 2023 2:13 AM
Mar 2023
awsome because i love this anime
Jul 3, 2023 9:53 PM
Dec 2022
دييييم ترافغالر يبي يسوي خطه مع لوفي عشان يقتلون احد اليونكو
Aug 9, 2023 7:06 PM
Oct 2019
Smoker charge into the battle with Tashigi breast almost falling out is hilarious.

I can listen to Hiroshi Kamiya voice all day long.

Oh shit Luffy and Law alliance?
davidyodo24Aug 9, 2023 11:45 PM
Mar 24, 1:16 PM
Apr 2022
Really enjoyed the ending where Law asks Luffy to be partners to try and take down 1 of the 4 emperors
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 353 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Netforce - May 12, 2008

75 by bakakisima »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 982 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FMmatron - Jul 10, 2021

147 by Byakuya692 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 969 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Apr 10, 2021

73 by Yubisoft »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 963 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Feb 20, 2021

75 by Yubisoft »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 417 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TrowaBarton141 - Sep 12, 2009

115 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.