Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 19, 2013 2:03 PM

Jan 2013
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Brotwo&show=0&order=4

• Dropped anime suggestions are alright if you think I haven't given some of them a fair chance but I'd prefer an anime new to my list.

• Something you think I'd rate highly based off some of my previous high rated anime titles.

I'm pretty open in regards to genre so there's not too much specificity I hope. Just strolling through lists of anime and trying to find the right ones is becoming a little impractical, hoping for some help.
  • Apr 19, 2013 2:10 PM

Aug 2009
    Bleach.

Might as well complete the trifecta.

Apr 19, 2013 2:37 PM

Jan 2013
    Bleach is on my completed list already, come on people.
    Apr 19, 2013 2:45 PM

Jul 2012
    Try Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke it's fairly good and you don't need to watch the parent story.

HeatGuy J might work too.
    Apr 19, 2013 2:48 PM
    Jul 2018
    Top wo Nerae!
    Princess Tutu
    Apr 19, 2013 2:56 PM
    Jul 2012
    Wow so much good stuff in that dropped section.... The ones you should pick back up are by far Dennou Coil, NHK, GTO, FLCL, Evangelion... a lot of unfair treatment in there

Also you have some thought provoking stuff in your 10s and some stuff with actually good romance so it's pretty safe to assume you would like Utena... just remember when watching it that it's very metaphorical so don't take too much stuff at face value. Very good mindset if you want to get into some «weird» series

Other than all that safest recommendation I have for you is by far Galaxy Express 999, it's very old but I don't think you can't dislike this if you loved Kino. It's episodic and very lengthy but unlike Kino which was only satire, it has a character that develops drastically
    Apr 19, 2013 2:58 PM
    Jul 2012
    One outs?
    psycho-pass
    Baccano
    Duarara!
    samurai champloo
    watch clannad again arcs get better trust me.
    Another
    Apr 19, 2013 3:04 PM
    May 2012
    Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
    Cencoroll
    Apr 19, 2013 3:57 PM

Jan 2013
    Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke
    HeatGuy J
    Princess Tutu
    ^All look pretty cool, I'll try to get to them soon.

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
    Cencoroll
    ^Looks good, I'll get around to them.

Top wo Nerae!
    ^Not too sure, I'll try it out if I run out of other stuff.

One Outs
    ^I don't really like sports anime much. I have enjoyed a few but they usually had a significant focus on something other than sports and the sports were more mind focused.

Psycho-pass
    Baccano
    Samurai Champloo
    Another
    ^All already on my completed list.

Duarara!
    ^Dropped after 8 episodes. Don't think it's going to change much after that and it's a little hard to explain why I didn't like it. Just didn't appeal to me.

Clannad
    ^Gave Clannad a decent chance and it annoyed me to no end. I also really don't like KEY anime in general though.

Well, I'm set in anime for a while but if anyone else has more suggestions go ahead and give them. Thanks for the help.
    BrotwoApr 19, 2013 4:03 PM
    Apr 19, 2013 4:48 PM

Nov 2012
    Apr 19, 2013 4:53 PM

Jan 2013
    @Yakoo
    That Evangelion rebuild suggestion sounds good, I'll give it a go. For Mirai Nikki - I actually read the manga from that point forward because the pace of the anime was killing me. I'll add a little note saying that. Thanks for the Rebuild idea.
    Apr 19, 2013 5:18 PM

Nov 2012
    ok didn't know you read the manga before
    looks like you already watch till 7 eps NGE yo can skip the 1.0 and straight to 2.0
    Apr 19, 2013 6:49 PM

Sep 2012
    I think you won't like anything, considering the size of your dropped list.
    Apr 19, 2013 7:08 PM

Jan 2013
    Since you dropped Shinsekai Yori after episode 8, you may want to reconsider.
    Apr 19, 2013 7:47 PM

Jan 2013
    @Litrydow
    Perhaps you should watch a decent amount of anime before making such a call? Your completed list is rather short and I seem to be enjoying many more ongoing anime than you are.

@NostalgicDPT

No, it wasn't the homosexual scene that made me drop the anime. My anime list is pretty clear in what I do and don't like, if you really correlate all my tens as only action anime then you really shouldn't be recommending anyone anything. It's bad for the community.

More topics from this board

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Apr 25

6 by mo_lave »»
    3 minutes ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone/genre/theme of sci-fi/futuristic/post apocalyptic/modern times + fantasy/medieval/magic/old times?

Donkunsan - Apr 18

34 by JoeChip »»
    1 hour ago

» Looking for an Anime like the game "Rival Schools".

reigningslash - Apr 22

3 by JoeChip »»
    2 hours ago

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Apr 18

9 by JoeChip »»
    2 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

10 by JoeChip »»
    2 hours ago
    It’s time to ditch the text file.
    Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.