3It was OK
11.8%
2Disliked it
3.9%
1Hated it
1.0%
Average 4.4
306 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 8, 2007 11:01 PM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Hey, there's some new OP bits.

Matsuribayashi-hen is off to a pretty good start. We've got loli Takano and her flags, a slick looking uniformed Tomitake, and enough sad backstory to almost make you feel sorry for Takano, almost.
Oct 9, 2007 6:27 PM
Oct 2007
i guess ep 14 is about takanoz life isnt it? didnt watch it yet.
Oct 9, 2007 7:20 PM
Oct 2007

This is suppose to be a guess. The actual anime is not completed.

kei-edit: please tag your spoilers >_>[/url]
mzheng489Oct 9, 2007 11:22 PM
Oct 9, 2007 11:00 PM

Jul 2007
You're a regular Nostradamus. Did you sign up just to post spoilers?
Oct 9, 2007 11:21 PM

Nov 2006
roflmao @ this, thank god i didn't read it. i just came in to see if there was an .ass yet, not finding one on rapidsearch.
Oct 10, 2007 1:20 AM
Oct 2007
LOL. Sorry. i myself have no idea wat is going to happen. i didnt play the game. it's just a prediction. SO dont take it seriously. still, i am sorry. wont do that again. LOL
Oct 10, 2007 2:10 AM

Jun 2007
If that was a prediction then you wouldn't know things like C103. You've read the pieces thread at AnimeSuki and the Matsuribayashi summary on wikipedia. You shouldn't post future spoilers here.
LunarEmeraldOct 10, 2007 2:14 AM
Oct 11, 2007 1:30 PM

Jan 2007
Takano <3333333333333

I really enjoyed Takano's backstory. Things are coming together. And the new bits in the opening was pretty neat. Looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 11, 2007 4:43 PM

Dec 2006
Hello sexy new ten or so seconds of the OP.

xD Anyway, it was sort a nice to see Takano's backstory... She was so cute as a kid. :3 While I feel sorry for her, I can't forgive her for shooting most everyone.
Can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 11, 2007 9:49 PM

Aug 2007
Oh, that silly Takano biting off people's thumbs and such..
Oct 12, 2007 4:59 AM

Feb 2007
It's awesome to see the OP changed a little. I think my heart leaped when I saw Hanyuu in that school uniform. And the episode was great as always. Seeing the backstory makes me love Takano a little more...because I can't help but love every character in Higurashi. Even Satoko, Shion, Ooishi and Takano. ^_^
Oct 12, 2007 8:15 AM

Sep 2007
hmm really great epi cause they showed us that not all vil characters have to be born evil
if takano just lived as a normal child she would be normal T_T so we can what can happened when childs get wrong education so sad T_T
ugh and loli takano was just tooo kawaiiii~~
oh and hanyuu seifuku ofc too^^
cant wait to see her lose the batsu game XD
Oct 12, 2007 2:02 PM

Feb 2007
wow...
realy paid off to watch higurashi late at night...
but even without it this episode was just one awesome mess of creepy psyco stuff they did´t do for sooo~ long...

And i don´t know why... but Hanyuu in the op... scared me oo
probably because I had no idea she´d be there... but also the way she lookes in this one short frame oo

Anyway... as many said... great episode and even more background to the story... I can´t wait to see how all of this will turn out...
Oct 15, 2007 9:21 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Heh, loved the new bits on the OP. I'm so looking forward to Hanyuu in a school uniform, but even more to the Dark Hanyuu.

Ceray said:
xD Anyway, it was sort a nice to see Takano's backstory... She was so cute as a kid. :3 While I feel sorry for her, I can't forgive her for shooting most everyone.
Can't wait for the next episode.

That's basically what I wanted to say, too.

Faust721 said:
Takano <3333333333333

Oh screw you, Faust! xP

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 16, 2007 12:50 AM
Jun 2007
Omg Dark Hanyu looks awesome! <3
Oct 16, 2007 1:53 AM

Feb 2007
cyruz said:

Faust721 said:
Takano <3333333333333

Oh screw you, Faust! xP

And yet you didn't notice my love for Takano?

BlueYoshi said:
And the episode was great as always. Seeing the backstory makes me love Takano a little more...because I can't help but love every character in Higurashi. Even Satoko, Shion, Ooishi and Takano. ^_^
Oct 16, 2007 2:27 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
BlueYoshi said:
cyruz said:

Faust721 said:
Takano <3333333333333

Oh screw you, Faust! xP

And yet you didn't notice my love for Takano?

BlueYoshi said:
And the episode was great as always. Seeing the backstory makes me love Takano a little more...because I can't help but love every character in Higurashi. Even Satoko, Shion, Ooishi and Takano. ^_^

Lol, fine then. Screw you too, Yoshi. :P

Even Ooishi is better than Takano, but oh well, she'll get what's coming to her.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 3, 2008 11:18 PM

Dec 2007
Despite Takano being the bad guy--er, girl, she is one of my favorite characters in this entire show. She's part of what makes it interesting. Sure, I guess the stabbing-shocking-cutting-killing action is more thrilling sometimes than the story, but Takano's characters adds some complexity to the mix, something I like to see in non-children anime.

And I can relate to Takano's ambition of wanting to become, essentially, god. The only thing wrong with it is we know, partly because the "godlust" is cliche, she'll fail. And I guess people love to see others fail in their ambitions, which is why someone like cyruz will say that she'll get what's coming to her. (Of course, it could also be because cyruz thinks Takano's a b!tch.)

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Jan 9, 2008 10:03 AM
Dec 2007
Seeker said:
Despite Takano being the bad guy--er, girl, she is one of my favorite characters in this entire show. She's part of what makes it interesting. Sure, I guess the stabbing-shocking-cutting-killing action is more thrilling sometimes than the story, but Takano's characters adds some complexity to the mix, something I like to see in non-children anime.

And I can relate to Takano's ambition of wanting to become, essentially, god. The only thing wrong with it is we know, partly because the "godlust" is cliche, she'll fail. And I guess people love to see others fail in their ambitions, which is why someone like cyruz will say that she'll get what's coming to her. (Of course, it could also be because cyruz thinks Takano's a b!tch.)
But Takano Miyo IS a bloody b!tch. Ever since the first season all she's been doing is laughing like a possesed maniac while giving off evil maniac vibes with every word she said. Oh, and screwing with people's minds.

Jan 30, 2008 10:42 AM

Dec 2007
I guess you can kinda relate to Takano from this, she was treated horribly as a child and then was rescued by someone and her desire is to do anything to make that person's dream come true.

#NBHNC
Jan 30, 2008 4:30 PM
Dec 2007
PeanutSteak said:
I guess you can kinda relate to Takano from this, she was treated horribly as a child and then was rescued by someone and her desire is to do anything to make that person's dream come true.
One thing I just recently began thinking is that Takano was such a necessary factor in Hinamizawa. Yes, she was obssesed and ruthless, but had Takano not been involved, Irie would not have been involved, which means no medical treatment for the Hinamizawa Syndrome. Also, if you recall back to the Dam "war" (the Akasaka chapter in the first season), "Tokyo" were the ones who actually stopped Hinamizawa's underwater fate. It's really quite intriguing that Hinamizawa's fate was linked to her so tightly.

Mar 14, 2008 8:51 PM

Jan 2008
what a rough past Miyo had. XD
but it's not enough to make me feel bad for her. XP
i guess this also explains Miyo's ambition of wanting to be God. XD
Apr 19, 2008 6:55 AM

Feb 2008
I just want if someone can delete the post of those spoiler informations in this thread. As far as I know, this thread is an episode discussion thread. Nothing beyond the anime can be written in this thread. And yet, there's a spoiler written. Haha!

I would be glad if the mod will take actions. Although it is already in the spoiler tag, I think it shouldn't be posted in this thread, since this thread is exclusively for ep14 discussion ONLY.
Jun 10, 2008 6:47 PM

Oct 2007
Entropy said:

Hey, there's some new OP bits.

Usually between each ep .. I put the OP playing, and get here on to click on the + and to see what's discussed on the forum about the ep I just saw. Guess what, I didn't and was watching the OP thinking of the last ep and then I go WTF all of a sudden xD ... I was like "was this here?!!! o.O .. how did I never saw this till now?" =p
Jul 19, 2008 6:37 PM

Jun 2008
Hmmm... now I almost feel sorry for Tanashi? .... How'd she get away from the first dude who chased her??

I like the new OP bits though... they put Hanyuu in ^__^

Sig WILL change soon~
Jul 21, 2008 8:30 AM

Jun 2008
Hanyuu ~ <3
Aaaaannndddd, I always wondered who that crying girl was, in the opening. I thought it was, perhaps Satoko? But her hair, seemed rather different, now I'm convinced it's most likely Takano. :0

Her past did touch me, and made me feel slightly sorry for her, but I mean, I still hold a grudge for the last episode! Damn you woman! :DDDD
I'm really curious to see if Hanyuu will, be able to be "seen" by everyone? She already was, in the spirit type form, but this will be interesting! Yayyy.
Sep 27, 2008 3:59 PM

Mar 2008
I like the new bits of OP they put in. :D I'm curious to see Dark Hanyuu!

I'm thinking there's a reason why they put this episode right after the last one; while Takano is the villanness of the show, there's a reason why she does what she does. Geez, what a crappy childhood. D: It does make me feel pity for her a bit. I liked that it was all told in a non-linear fashion. Like Yoshi said, I can't really hate any Higurashi character. I love all of them. xD
Oct 9, 2008 8:36 PM

Jul 2008
Eh, I don't really think I'm going to like this arc too much. I never much cared for Takano, even as a side character. I guess I'll just see what comes of this.
Oct 13, 2008 2:53 AM

Mar 2008
Tenshin said:
hmm really great epi cause they showed us that not all vil characters have to be born evil
if takano just lived as a normal child she would be normal T_T so we can what can happened when childs get wrong education so sad T_T
ugh and loli takano was just tooo kawaiiii~~
oh and hanyuu seifuku ofc too^^
cant wait to see her lose the batsu game XD

you needed an anime to show you that? i could have told you lol

i feel sorry for her, i almost teared up a little, just a little and almost lol
Oct 24, 2008 1:02 PM

May 2008
Wow,a slight change of the opening :o

Anyway,I expected that wasn't her real name. Miyoko Tanashi,huh? I really hate her but I can't help feeling sorry for her,she must've had a very though childhood :/
Oct 31, 2008 5:50 PM

May 2008
Oh great, and just after they solidified an enemy to all fight against, they make us feel sorry for her.

Am I gonna have to go back and watch her quiz games to wash that from my memory?

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Nov 20, 2008 3:52 PM

Nov 2007
I think they did a fair job of showing how Takano came to be what she is, without really "excusing" her actions. I felt somewhat sorry for her during this episode, but it doesn't change what she's done. Still looking forward to the next episode and the rest of her story to this point with it.

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Dec 15, 2008 6:20 AM

Dec 2008
I didnt feel sorry for Takano even after watching her pass. No matter how bad she was treated, this does not give her the lisence to kill people for her own selfish goals. Evil or good, we chose our own paths and suffer the consequences. Its unfortunate that Takano has to have such as childhood. If its too late to change what has already happened, than she should have lived with it and learn from it and maybe change the system and prevent such suffering from happening again.

btw, the Okonogi guy looks rather similar to the detective from Monster dont u think?

Mar 8, 2009 8:49 PM

Jul 2008
so the reason why shes like that is b/c her parents died early in her life and she was sent to some weird prison place? what the hell?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 13, 2009 11:20 PM

May 2008
Nice to have some of the background on Takano, kinda hard to feel sorry for the stuff she went through as a kid after seeing her being all evil killing a whole village and whatnot....
Apr 14, 2009 7:36 AM

Jul 2008
Damn, she bit that dude's finger off. The background was what I would call a necessary bore.
Jul 13, 2009 1:20 AM
Apr 2009
Oh shi-
Was that Hitler?
Jul 16, 2009 12:55 PM

Nov 2007
Bladecatcher said:
Oh shi-
Was that Hitler?

definately
Aug 5, 2009 2:36 AM

Mar 2009
Entropy said:

Has that Popped up before..? Because if it has i didn't notice..
But regardless.., It's Scary. >.>

Well now that we know more about the research from the real Takano and Her real name & life when she was a kid.
The pieces are starting to come together..
ShinobiCJAug 5, 2009 2:48 AM

Sep 4, 2009 7:16 PM

Aug 2007
So Takano had a sad past. I guess that makes everything she did understandable? Please. She's a complete nut for wanting to become a "god". I can't see how she could shoot someone like Satoko after going through virtually the same thing. She's completely inexcusable.
Sep 13, 2009 12:22 PM

Jul 2009
bwahahachick said:
So Takano had a sad past. I guess that makes everything she did understandable? Please. She's a complete nut for wanting to become a "god". I can't see how she could shoot someone like Satoko after going through virtually the same thing. She's completely inexcusable.

Couldn't agree with you more, that sad little story of hers is not nearly enough to justify the research and horrific acts she have done.

That woman is simply pure evil and deserves to die.
Nov 6, 2009 5:31 PM
Jul 2009
Ceray said:
<span style="color:teal">Hello sexy new ten or so seconds of the OP.

Can't wait for the next episode.</span>

I feel the same way. Takano did have a really bad history, but it doesn't give her the right to kill everyone.

By the way, looking back at her history, made me realise that there are so many people in this world that are depressed over nothing. People are depressed and hate their lives because their parents got divorced, it's not that big of a deal. That happens to a lot of families. At least their parents are still alive There are people that have it worse, like people like takano. Even though Takano isn't real, there probably are people with as bad childhoods as hers.
UserDeletedNov 7, 2009 1:41 PM
Jan 7, 2010 12:04 PM

Aug 2009
I found it boring n_n. I still don't like Miyo she is a b-ad word. XD and its all her fault that Rika didn't succeed last time...aaa...I hate her.
<object data=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> <embed src=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> </embed> Error: Embedded data could not be displayed. </object>
Jan 27, 2010 1:18 AM

Aug 2008
The new parts of the op are nice. I really like how they lit up the silhouette with the moon that was never there before (around 01:00). Takano Miyo of course, who else? :P
Feb 21, 2010 9:32 AM

Aug 2008
new ads to opening. ;d

Takano, Takano, i'm starting to understand her and her plans.
Apr 23, 2010 4:35 AM

Jan 2010
oh so takano did have a soul once?i am shocked xD

so...this secret organisation's goal was to develop an antidote for the hinamizawa's syndrome,but Takano wants to create a weapon?O.o

why!?
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Apr 23, 2010 8:40 PM

Feb 2010
It was quite obvious that Takano will be the main person in the last arc, seeing as tis time it is her who has to be convinced of not bringing doom to hinamizawa. Definitely looking forward to what is ahead and when Rika and her "Team" will appear..
Btw I'm still not feeling bad for Tanako :P
I probably regret this post by now.
May 12, 2010 1:31 AM

Sep 2009
Interesting...but now I'm impatient for more.
Jun 5, 2010 10:07 PM

Mar 2010
this was the most interesting episode of Kai so far.
At least, it had my attention the most and actually has me wanting to watch the next.
Jun 19, 2010 8:33 PM

Jun 2009
"New" OP is nice. Just wish they would change the song.

After this episode, I kinda feel sorry for Takano....Why does this always happen? Character gets introduced as evil and then episode is shown about their backstory which makes me feel sorry for them :(

Higurashi still going strong though!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.