Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2013 10:17 PM

Dec 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dec 5, 2021 9:41 AM

Aug 2019
Berry-Vodka said:
Ew.. a movie about a collector really.. they had budget to waste on stupid things back then. first movie wins!

How is the villain being a collector who wanted rare Legendary Pokemon any worse than a movie about a lab experiment gone wild? The first movie was basically a rip-off of the Frankenstein franchise; at least this one tried to go in a more creative and less reductive direction.
Aug 30, 2022 1:09 PM

Nov 2020
Three Legendary birds: Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres, and fucking Lugia. What an amazing movie! (Tho I still think first movie was a little better...). The "villain" didn't really feel like villain xD!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Sep 13, 2022 4:49 PM

Jan 2013
Not sure if I can agree with the English dub yet again changing the message it's trying to portray.
Especially making it about Ash being The Chosen One portraying "individualism" when the message the movie has is "co-dependence" (even though you can still see and find the message in the English dub regardless)

I also just realized after all these years the legendary birds having numbers in their name, "Uno, Dos and Tres".
Entertaining movie though, loved that Team Rocket were helping Ash get to the island.
Sep 28, 2022 8:15 PM

Aug 2014
Ill always remember renting this movie in the year 2000, going to blockbuster, back when I was a huge Pokemon fan from when it all started back in 1998 till the end of the Silver Tournament in 2003 when Ash beat Gary.

What always stood out to me about this movie were the Pokeshipping moments between Ash and Misty and Melody. I can still remember being a huge pokeshipper back then. And of course the Melody flute song.

And then I can still remember back in December 2000 returning the VHS tape to blockbuster.

Great memories.
May 7, 2023 2:13 AM
Apr 2022
Show Rate Meter Guide  - (5 Great _ 4 Good _ 3 Fine _ 2 Not Good _ 1 Bad).(dismal are sometimes needed)
[Story] - 4   
[Art/Animation] - 4.5
[Sound/Music] - 3.5
[M-Character] - 4
[S-Character] - 4
[Enjoyment] - 4
[Overall] - 4
I recall as a kid I went to a movie theater in my town with many of my family members to watch a religions movie and I was sneaking in and out of the movie room wondering through out the building and seeing what other movies people we watching and then I saw that this movie. the Pokémon movie 2 was playing I did not even know that the second movie was out in theaters. I recall seeing family's and there kids watching the Short for the film the Picku brothers in the Big City. This my is Among my top 3 favorite Pokémon movie
CcCharlesMay 7, 2023 2:46 AM
Jun 25, 2023 7:42 AM
May 2023
Definitivamente gostei mais desse filme do que do filme do Mewtwo, pois gosto muito mais dos pássaros lendários, e a ideia de cada pássaro lendário ser de um elemento diferente, fogo, água e raio, é algo bem Pokémon na sua mais pura essência

7/10
Aug 16, 2023 12:04 PM
Apr 2022
I think that this movie’s dub is on par with dub of the first movie.
Nov 15, 2023 3:59 AM

Apr 2021
Two more types of pokemon that talk. Some 3D scenes weren't very cool, but for the time it was an innovation. Ash being a hero.
It was good to have met these legendary pokemons. Team Rocket being good once again.
Matheus050Nov 15, 2023 4:02 AM
Feb 7, 9:03 AM

Dec 2020
as the 2nd pokemon movie i thought it would be a lot better

but it just felt like a drop off after the 1st movie in terms of animation & just overall watchability

the jokes were just horrible. if it wasnt pokemon than i would rate it a lot worst. 3/5 here. 6/10 on MAL

More topics from this board

» I just re-watched this movie

Vizard - Feb 29, 2008

31 by Early_Morning »»
Dec 5, 2021 9:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.