Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (30) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2013 12:17 PM

Mar 2013
Whatever, if the anime is good it will escalate , if it's bad it will drop, as simple as that
Apr 8, 2013 12:26 PM
Mar 2013
I'm one of them who is reading the the manga. So from my opinion, the anime was rated so high because the first episode of this anime is fit very well with the story in manga. Even the voice-acting is fit with their character, and it bring out impression just like what the readers feel in the manga. So naturally people who have read the manga will rated this anime with high score. Not to mention that the animation itself is of high quality, with good background musics that add up the tense.

Overall, this anime will be one of the best this season if they continue to show such a great quality, with story progression just like in manga. If not, then of course it will upset most of the people who have high expectation toward this anime (including myself), and lower it's rating.
Apr 8, 2013 12:32 PM
Nov 2011
Yup, most manga readers like episode 1. I'm having a tough time recalling a manga reader who disliked it. Plenty of (loving) nitpicks and overall a positive reaction from manga readers.

We also like the easter eggs. Characters who are introduced or focused much later on in the series got cameos in episode 1.

Most of the manga readers also don't mind the little censorship. We know how gruesome the manga is.
Apr 8, 2013 3:14 PM

Apr 2009
pming said:
Yup, most manga readers like episode 1. I'm having a tough time recalling a manga reader who disliked it. Plenty of (loving) nitpicks and overall a positive reaction from manga readers.

We also like the easter eggs. Characters who are introduced or focused much later on in the series got cameos in episode 1.

Most of the manga readers also don't mind the little censorship. We know how gruesome the manga is.

Wait, really? Maybe I wasn't paying attention but I didn't see any. I'd really appreciate if someone pointed them out though.
Apr 8, 2013 3:33 PM

Sep 2009
Making a topic purely from people's initial reaction is silly, but what did you expect.

One of the strongest and straight forward openings in a while, obviously people are gonna tune in.
Apr 8, 2013 4:03 PM

Mar 2010
is this the new SAO?
Apr 8, 2013 4:38 PM

Feb 2010
This is one of the most overrated anime shows in history.
Apr 8, 2013 4:40 PM

Jul 2011
ratratrat098 said:

If you say
Apr 8, 2013 4:41 PM

Sep 2011
So what? How does that affect you.. People can rate whenever or however they want to. It's "myanimelist." Their scores are their choice and they have their own reasons.

*snort* "I don't rate until the last episode!" Good for you, want a cookie?
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Apr 8, 2013 4:42 PM

Nov 2011
ratratrat098 said:

I found one of those guys that rate an anime a 1 and drop it just because it's being hyped.

We must observe him... for science.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Apr 8, 2013 4:45 PM

Apr 2013
ratratrat098 said:

you're a bad troll.
Apr 8, 2013 5:16 PM

Jun 2010
Oh, MAL.

Well, by the end, it will drop since not everything will be explained.
Apr 8, 2013 5:21 PM
Apr 2012
I can see why you might say people give 10s and 9s relating to rates, but it's a pretty popular manga. I've seen soo many people say they couldn't wait for it to come out. I think that they gave it that rate, knowing that first episode gave them what they wanted. I didn't know of the manga until after that one episode. IT WAS AWESOME. I'd give it an 8, but people just rate things b/c they must really love it ^^
Apr 8, 2013 5:22 PM

Apr 2009
Dreading when Crunchyroll finally gets a hold of it and the rating goes up even further.
Apr 8, 2013 5:44 PM

Apr 2013
MillaMaxwell said:
Oh, MAL.

Well, by the end, it will drop since not everything will be explained.

Why would it drop for that reason? Nothing is explained yet because the manga isn't far enough.
Apr 8, 2013 5:46 PM

Dec 2012
I sense many FAL teams will be bench swapping. tssss

On topic though, the first episode was indeed very well adapted. However if they intend to adapt it closely to the mangas, it may feel disappointing at the slow build up in the very first few episodes.
:(
Apr 8, 2013 5:48 PM
Jul 2012
Stupid shit people are so impatient to rate things, -_-
Apr 8, 2013 6:09 PM

Aug 2012
Shinryuken said:
is this the new SAO?
Do you think you're the first to bring that up?

lol every SnK thread needs a SAO filter, it's getting annoying
Apr 8, 2013 6:10 PM
Jul 2012
the new SAO derp derp
Apr 8, 2013 6:18 PM
Nov 2012
some say it's overrated

I say it's underrated

it should be rank #1
Apr 8, 2013 6:21 PM

Sep 2012
This anime and SAO shouldn't be grouped together, because this Anime/Manga doesn't rely on fanservice/harem biggest mountain bullshit plotholes, any other than SAO rating still hasn't be fixed due to fanboys or more people favoring SAO, just saying.

I wouldn't say SnK is overhyped or overated, because the manga is pretty good in my opinion, but it's too early still to judge the Anime.
Apr 8, 2013 6:40 PM

Nov 2010
Amarrez said:
pming said:

Wait, really? Maybe I wasn't paying attention but I didn't see any. I'd really appreciate if someone pointed them out though.
Yeah can someone point these out.
Apr 8, 2013 6:45 PM
Aug 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Amarrez said:
pming said:

Manga reader, and no clue what he's talking about.

I mean, there's plenty of characters we see later, but they're not really secondary ones. Maybe some of the guys that returned from the battle outside the walls? I don't know, it's hard to remember since you have a new character dying each chapter.
Apr 8, 2013 6:51 PM

Apr 2009
IntroverTurtle said:
Amarrez said:
pming said:

Actually, I have learned of one in the meantime.

Apr 8, 2013 7:09 PM

Jun 2011
I bet the reason they voted SnK (Shingeki no Kyojin) a 9 or 10 was because they thought that it has good animation and gore, it's awesome compared to the previous seasons, those who voted high after only the first episode (above 7) don't give a damn about the story, well if it's good, it'll stay on top, but if it sucked then.. well it'll drop, like SAO (although I liked it). I haven't watch the episode yet, but if it's as awesome as they said (hype hype hype) I'll have to put it on hold first before I was hooked or else Imma sitting on my edge every week waiting for it..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 8, 2013 7:09 PM

Sep 2011
nnangle said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Amarrez said:
pming said:

Manga reader, and no clue what he's talking about.

I mean, there's plenty of characters we see later, but they're not really secondary ones. Maybe some of the guys that returned from the battle outside the walls? I don't know, it's hard to remember since you have a new character dying each chapter.

He means like Characters in this recent episode, will have Cameros later on. Which is true, some will, but most of them will be
l0l
Apr 8, 2013 7:14 PM

Apr 2009
Amarrez said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Amarrez said:
pming said:

Just in case it wasn't obvious, that's Irvin and Zoe.
Apr 8, 2013 7:17 PM
Jun 2008
Thats why I don't rate anime till I finish it... Unless it's +50 episodes.
Apr 8, 2013 7:18 PM

Dec 2011
It's inflated x 800 obviously........
Apr 8, 2013 7:39 PM

Nov 2010
Amarrez said:
Amarrez said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Amarrez said:
pming said:

I recognized Zoe pretty fast, but not Irvin. One thing that's bad about the manga, the characters, it's so hard to tell them apart.
Apr 8, 2013 7:54 PM
Dec 2011
I rate it by episode on how i like it. The score will surely change by the end of the series. But it is obvious just by watching the first episode that the rest of the season is going to be phenomenal.

I predict the show to be top 10. I mean no offense to you gintama lovers but that is just a filler maniac show. Yet it is at number one.

This will for sure be better.
Apr 8, 2013 8:10 PM
Nov 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Amarrez said:
Amarrez said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Amarrez said:
pming said:

I recognized Zoe pretty fast, but not Irvin. One thing that's bad about the manga, the characters, it's so hard to tell them apart.

The blond Recon/Scout/Survey soldier who makes momentary eye contact with Eren is Irvin

In the manga chapter 1, he was only shown in that forest scene. Eye contact scene is anime only. We only see him a lot starting in volume 4-5, which will probably be mid-season in the anime.

Hanji is also shown in the forest scene - gal (soldier with a pony tail) wearing glasses.
Appears (clearly) in volume 4-5. I'm not sure if she was even shown previous to volume 4.

The guy who attacked the Titan in the forest also reminds me of someone (nameless or I can't remember his name) later in the manga
Apr 8, 2013 8:39 PM
Nov 2011
PaninaManina said:
pming said:

Btw, if you're debating on whether to go ahead and read the manga, I'd recommend that you don't. The manga is (really so) good, but knowing what will happen will subtract the enjoyment from watching the anime (which is tremendously good).

Quoting myself:
PaninoManino said:
Read manga last night...
Only volume 1...

UNBELIEVABLE!!
KAMI SAMA! HOW HORRIFYING

PLEASE DON'T READ THE MANGA! FOR YOUR SAKE!!!

All the comparisons to SAO made me change my mind.

If you like episode 1 enough to be curious about what happens in the manga - go please read the manga.

So that, just in the (horrible) case, the anime (somehow) decides to go into a lame shonen route with harems and moe fanservice, less people will be wondering about why the manga readers are in a frothing rage.
Apr 8, 2013 8:58 PM

Apr 2009
pming said:
PaninaManina said:
pming said:

Btw, if you're debating on whether to go ahead and read the manga, I'd recommend that you don't. The manga is (really so) good, but knowing what will happen will subtract the enjoyment from watching the anime (which is tremendously good).

Quoting myself:
PaninoManino said:
Read manga last night...
Only volume 1...

UNBELIEVABLE!!

If you like episode 1 enough to be curious about what happens in the manga - go please read the manga.

So that, just in the (horrible) case, the anime (somehow) decides to go into a lame shonen route with harems and moe fanservice, less people will be wondering about why the manga readers are in a frothing rage.
i thought the comparisons to soa was the popularity
Apr 8, 2013 9:09 PM
Nov 2011
Calumz said:
pming said:
PaninaManina said:
pming said:

Quoting myself:
PaninoManino said:
Read manga last night...
Only volume 1...

UNBELIEVABLE!!

i thought the comparisons to soa was the popularity

Because supposedly it was the first anime to hit the 20's after just one episode. Is this true? Or did hit 20's after more than one episode.

Also, I can't believe that FMA Brotherhood didn't hit 20's 10's after one episode.
Apr 8, 2013 9:24 PM

Sep 2011
Why do you guys keep bringing up SAO? It's an entirely different series. I would understand comparison if the series were made by the same mangaka. But it isn't. So what, just because a series starts off with a huge popularity and a booming fanbase, oh and there's some action in there - it's immediately going to be compared to SAO? That's idiotic.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Apr 8, 2013 9:45 PM

Jun 2011
I usually give an anime a rating on its first impression, so far it was absolutely gorgeous! Who knows, it may be one of the most highly popular anime like SAO was!
Apr 8, 2013 10:18 PM
Sep 2011
TOO MANY DAMN ONE EPISODE REVIEWS!!! TOO MANY FOLKS OVER-EXAGGERATING ABOUT THE SHOW AFTER ONE EPISODE!!!
Apr 8, 2013 11:00 PM

Apr 2009
AfroJamuri said:
TOO MANY DAMN ONE EPISODE REVIEWS!!! TOO MANY FOLKS OVER-EXAGGERATING ABOUT THE SHOW AFTER ONE EPISODE!!!

people are aloud to review the first episode and rate based on the first episode

i can tell from this first episode ima love every single episode
Apr 8, 2013 11:08 PM

Jan 2011
Calumz said:

people are aloud to review the first episode and rate based on the first episode

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=575801
Apr 8, 2013 11:12 PM

Nov 2009
Invalidated said:
Calumz said:

Remember that anime Guilty Crown? That was an awesome anime, Everyone gave it a 10 on episode one and of course, after the ending it still was awesome no? Or SAO, that was another sick one wasn't it?

-_-

Btw love that your name is Invalidated.
Apr 8, 2013 11:14 PM
Nov 2011
Ah, I didn't know that we're supposed to wait until all of the anime has aired before reviewing.

I've deleted my review of episode 1. Will just post it in episode discussion thread.
Apr 8, 2013 11:17 PM
Sep 2011
Invalidated said:
Calumz said:

THANK YOU!!!!!..one episode "reviews" are nothing more then people expressing their love of the show "OMG this first episode was sooooooo awesome, (spoilers).. I love it its the best opening episode of a series ever"...I for one refuse to read any 1 episode "reviews"
Apr 8, 2013 11:23 PM
Nov 2011
Maybe reviews should be disabled for shows that haven't aired completely?
Apr 8, 2013 11:38 PM
Nov 2011
Ah, okay. Then, maybe reviews should be disabled for shows which only have 1 to minimum number of episodes.

Also, I don't think anyone can say that their opinion of a show won't ever change.
Apr 8, 2013 11:51 PM
Dec 2012
I loved episode 1. I hope it doesn't fall off a cliff like nearly every other anime does after a few episodes.

Oh yeah

Misaka > Eren
Apr 9, 2013 2:11 AM

Apr 2010
The ranking has already dropped to 24th. The fallout has begun!
Apr 9, 2013 2:28 AM

Jan 2012
ibrahim-almulhim said:
some say it's overrated

I say it's underrated

it should be rank #1

Not even 100 animu watched, Bleach on favorites. Yeah you can keep your opinions.

I enjoyed this but always find it funny how all the kiddywinks on MAL jump on the hype train each season, pointlessly giving out 10's to the flavor of the month. This will probably slide down to where it belongs later unless it is truly amazing (unless you have a time machine none of you know).
Apr 9, 2013 2:29 AM

Mar 2013
Sorry if this is in the wrong place guys, but I had to ask: where did they get the information that this anime would have 25 episodes? Is it from an article somewhere or did they guess based on how long the manga series is? Because the manga isn't even finished yet...
"Go bald, Kurosaki."

Apr 9, 2013 2:32 AM

Jan 2012
Imanza said:
Sorry if this is in the wrong place guys, but I had to ask: where did they get the information that this anime would have 25 episodes? Is it from an article somewhere or did they guess based on how long the manga series is? Because the manga isn't even finished yet...

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-15539.html

But it's in moonrunes *_* I'm guessing this series will be 12 or 13 episodes and then maybe a break while the manga ends and then S2 to cover the second half.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (30) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.