Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2013 10:49 AM

Jul 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
pretty good. there aren't many series, which follow the pairs to the very end.
講廢話,被撞到.
Dec 28, 2013 8:16 AM

Feb 2012
This is one of the best thigs I have ever read.
Apr 16, 2014 8:11 PM

Apr 2011
This series made me teary eyed. This is the second series in all my life that's ever been able to accomplish such a thing. (First being One Piece's YOU KNOW WHUT). This is just.... AWWWWWWWWW~~!
Aug 13, 2014 3:45 PM

Aug 2012
THE most amazing and touching yaoi series I have EVER read.
Oct 29, 2014 3:22 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, that was complex. Sorry, pun intended :) For a simple story about two childhood friends of the same sex loving each other, it was intricate and amazing. It was realistic and actually expressed real conflicts a gay couple would have to face IRL. I loved how it went from 5 years old to 83. Like omg, the time skips are amazing and not rushed at all.

Downsides: Chapter 1 is honestly the worst way to start it. Shota rape right off the bat! Like, it would have been better if they had some chill chapters like Cross Game before breaking the big event. Now, when I said the time skips were not rushed, there were a few things that could been done better. They were best friends so having a kiss and then a one year time skip is so awkward. I honestly don't think they could have stayed the same after that kiss, for an entire year. But hey, I'm not a pubesant gay boy so I can't relate.

Positives: Like I said before...So complex! It's so real. Like other great BL manga (Rutta to Kodoma and Sorenari), you feel the romance, not just the lust for that D in he butt hole. The kisses were full of love and tender. And wow, for a manga drawn in the 1990s, it was very well done.

So yeah, out of the idk 100 yaoi I've read, this is by far the best.
Mar 8, 2015 1:08 AM

Aug 2013
This was a very satisfying and heartfelt ending for the manga.

It was somewhat unclear whether or not Gakkun got together with anyone at the end, since Kenta is straight and started a family of his own.
Dec 20, 2016 1:24 PM

Mar 2016
the most amazing yaoi I've read by far ! absolutely amazing ! i'm speechless ! you must read it if you haven't !
Jul 23, 2017 1:12 AM

Mar 2014
That was amazing

During the first volume I wasn't all that impressed and the first chapter was downright deplorable (shota rape? Really? How unnecessary), however, as the story progressed, I thought it began developing into something more realistic. This is probably one of the best, if not the best, yaoi manga I've read so far.

9/10 The only thing that's stopping me from giving it a 10 is A) the art (muh yaoi chins) and B) the beginning (shota rape is bullshit).
Comic_SansSep 9, 2017 8:09 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 2, 2017 5:35 PM

Jan 2013
I really liked this manga but I can't help but hate some parts like the first chapter. Pedophilia, really? it felt so unnecessary and as the story progressed it wasn't developed at all. Tatsuya started to hate girls because of that when he should hate men? I mean, I get it that whoever her name was, was there helping the teacher but seriously. I was expecting something more from that, after all he was a child.

As for the ending, I can't be that happy for Junichi and Tatsuya. Did Tatsuya felt a bit of guilt for what he did to Junichi? because I didn't see it. When Takako proposed I thought Tatsuya would have sex with her (because drama) but just that, he would regret it, tell Junichi and make up with him but after seeing she got pregnant and he felt responsible for her and asked her to marry I was so disappointed. He could have been together with Junichi and at the same time take care of Takako and the child without marrying her. But he just had to throw everything he got with Junichi and what I dislike the most is that he wondered why Junichi disappeared... I mean, maybe disappearing like that is a bit drastic but come on, are you really that dense?

Later, when he starts living together with Junichi again is when I started to get annoyed. Those parts where he says he wishes for his son to not to be gay... ehhh really? I can understand that at that time being homosexual was difficult but you are his father, support him a litte, would you? I guess Kenta took after him because when he said "Manabu is gay because you influenced him" or something along the lines is just... ok......

In the end I think Tatsuya is a piece of crap that abandoned his lover for a woman without doubt after what he had (because he had a beautiful relationship, from friends as kids to his bestfriend reciprocating his feelings and starting a life together with him) when he considered himself gay and Junichi should have give up on him, he deserved better. He died happy but he suffered a lot... as fot Takako, I didn't hate her but I didn't like her either. I was kinda sorry for her but I don't like what she said to Junichi when she was in the hospital.

End of the rant lol. I don't know if I made my point, but like I said I liked this, it felt real even though those things were really frustrating. I guess that's the thing.
Nov 15, 2017 9:39 PM

Jul 2012
bomi said:
but I can't help but hate some parts like the first chapter. Pedophilia, really? it felt so unnecessary and as the story progressed it wasn't developed at all.
don't worry, sweetie, we all hated the first part XD
Dec 16, 2018 7:24 PM

Oct 2018
Dude, this manga played with my heart so much damn.

I really wish there were more BL that have an actual story like this heh

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Feb 11, 2019 3:07 AM
Dec 2016
I'm glad I continued reading even after that shouta-con/pedophilia theme of chapter 1... This BL story is one of those that I will forever remember, along with Sakura Gari and Smells Like Green Spirit.. the manga has so much heart, emotions, and realism that I can't help empathizing with the characters. The ending was so sad yet satisfying at the same time knowing that in the end they still ended up together.. I was kind off annoyed with the Tatako bit but I think that was necessary to the story and added more realism into it showing that the couple isn't always lovey-dovey and that there will always be times when they thought what if they just lived normally like normal childhood friends.. also I like how it's not just all about the sex like other BL stories but it's about the story that the author wanted to convey about friendship that crossed boundaries.. over-all experience while reading the story was great and a heck of a feels trip.. the feels is just too much!!

More topics from this board

» Kenta and Gakkun

bimpo - Feb 12, 2022

1 by Gerii »»
Feb 26, 2022 1:34 PM

Poll: » Complex Chapter 1 Discussion

StevenHu - Feb 21, 2015

2 by Isaidlunch »»
Apr 8, 2020 4:00 PM

» Takako.

mrlinnn - Jan 15, 2011

6 by Comic_Sans »»
Jul 23, 2017 1:08 AM

Poll: » Complex Chapter 23 Discussion

StevenHu - Mar 8, 2015

0 by StevenHu »»
Mar 8, 2015 12:45 AM

Poll: » Complex Chapter 22 Discussion

Mszyla - Jan 30, 2010

6 by StevenHu »»
Mar 8, 2015 12:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.