Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2013 4:07 AM
Dec 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So now we are supposed to doubt if he went back in time or was dreaming all the time ?

Thou the bell was there so i guess he went back in time and then he went through all of that again, went back in time , repeating the cycle all over for eternity, at least from his perspective .... kinda sad ending.

Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Feb 11, 2015 11:45 AM
Jul 2008
I like the overall tone of this 5 chapter ova, but the old adage "haste makes waste" certainly was proven. The conclusion was a let down to me. I'm all for defying the convention of a happy ending, but for this story in particular a happy ending would've been appreciated especially with the dark tone set for the ova and difficulties the ayashi faced throughout the series and considering there were some unexpressed/undeclared feelings from Saizo. This ova definitely could've ran for an additional 5-10 episodes to air the plot out and provided a more satisfying epilogue.

All-in-all the world of "Ghost Slayers Ayashi" was fascinating. It was interesting toward the end of the series how the characters relationship developed and they even became a rag-tag team of monster hunters in which they were bestowed supernatural weapons/abilities from Yukiatsu. The characters were fleshed out, so no complaint there. The historical backdrop and political intrigue locked in to the narrative I think both helped and hurt it, but there was still just a good adventure to be enjoyed from this. I think this series in short could be defined as supernatural adventure a la "Mushishi" and w/ the political intrigue of a Gundam series. There was certainly more to be desired for the action scenes, but oh well.

I give it a 6/10

Preach!
AmagaiFeb 11, 2015 11:58 AM
"To see with eyes unclouded by hate"

-Prince Ashitaka, "Princess Mononoke"
Jun 16, 2015 12:36 PM

Dec 2008
Seriously underrated!

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 20, 2015 7:35 PM

Jun 2009
An Universe Reset/Plot Loop ending?? Really?!

Are you the bloody applause monkey? Keep your sh*t comments to yourself or go troll on 4chan.
Aug 26, 2015 10:58 AM
Feb 2014
Yea, was disappointed with the ending a bit too.
Overall, anime was quite good.
Mar 26, 2019 1:05 AM

Jul 2013
What can I say..... the TV series felt more complete despite being cut in half than the OVA even though it's a direct continuation and supposedly concludes the story. My feelings still haven't changed for this show. I absolutely love everything about Ghost Slayers Ayashi from the fleshed out characters to the historical setting to the plot. This is only a 5 episode OVA but I really like it. The atmosphere was dark and well executed and the plot is as interesting as ever. The whole plot about Yukiatsu being Orochi was great and makes all the dragon killings make sense. Once again, there isn't really any clear villain in the story which is pretty interesting. I don't classify the doctor as evil at all despite the show making him seem like it.

I'm a bit unsure about how i feel with the ending. I was left hanging but after i put some thought into it, I think it was interesting how the show was like in a time loop where Yukiatsu's friends were the reason how he got out of The Other World and the story goes back in time when he was still a child which is the driving point of the series. I think the ending is some kind of cycle and I like how they executed it.
Dull_LullOct 24, 2019 6:52 AM
Apr 7, 2021 6:14 AM

Jul 2011
I'm not convinced by the ending.

It looks like it would be a time loop but I checked and the bell wasn't there when he came back as a child the first time. So I looks more like time travel for Yukiatsu than a reset.
But since Yukiatsu is in his child form, I'm not even sure he has the memory of the others so it might still end up as a timeloop with everything happening the same.

I wish they had taken clearly said whether it would be a loop that would repeat the same forever or if the timeline will change from here on out.

More topics from this board

» Fansub

Tatsukun - Nov 22, 2008

8 by Colonelfancy »»
Nov 2, 2010 10:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.