Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 31, 2012 2:20 AM

Sep 2011
This thread is for people to share their own stories about stupid shit they did when they were kids that they now regret. Simple as that. It could've been a prank you did or a lie you told. Maybe you deeply hurt someone but was too young to understand what you did, or other general behaviour that you still feel embarrassed about.
There was already another thread about regrets, but I feel that this thread is more specific and will generate different results.

I'll write down one of my own experiences once I figure something out.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 31, 2012 2:23 AM

Feb 2011
I asked my uncle's girlfriend, who he had been dating for three years, when they were going to get married. They got into a fight about it and broke up later that week....
Dec 31, 2012 2:26 AM

Mar 2012
JennyEsquire said:
...stories about stupid shit they did when they were kids
Arson at the age of 12.
My buddy and I burned a couch on BNSF property (about 10 feet from the railroad tracks by my house).
I got as far as handcuffs in the back of the officer's car but my mom came and bailed me out right there. If she hadn't answered the phone, I would've been taken down to the station. My buddy wasn't so lucky.
As per the officer's orders, I spent five days in my room writing "I will not play with matches, lighters, or any object associated with fire without direct adult supervision" 1,000 times by hand.
...that they now regret.
Oh, nevermind then.
Negative-TravisDec 31, 2012 2:31 AM
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Dec 31, 2012 2:27 AM

Apr 2010
MadoHatta said:
I asked my uncle's girlfriend, who he had been dating for three years, when they were going to get married. They got into a fight about it and broke up later that week....

Nice.

Despite the usual fun kid stuff like shitting on carpet and toying with other peoples emotions, I sadly have nothing to offer :(.
Dec 31, 2012 2:27 AM

Aug 2012
Pressing the fire alarm button in the university my uncle teaches at to see what happens.

Ended up having to evacuate the whole campus. A bunch of fire trucks showed up too.

Keep in mind I did this when I was extremely young (like 3-5 years old, dont remember exactly).
Hidden_JokerDec 31, 2012 2:44 AM
Dec 31, 2012 3:01 AM

Dec 2012
I don't remember my childhood memories much but I do remember hiding in the school's CR the whole class just to skip and promise. I regretted it. It stinks.
There's nothing wrong with being bad.

Dec 31, 2012 3:12 AM

Dec 2009
I've done lots of dumb things, like any kid, but I can't say I regret a lot. Maybe the period I would steal the keys from construction machines I would pass by on my way home from school and throw them in the bushes for no real reason. But I think the only reason that's still on my mind is because I don't know why I did it.
Ara ara.
Dec 31, 2012 3:14 AM
Aug 2012
Wasted time on video games when i could have been watching anime.
Dec 31, 2012 3:16 AM

Aug 2012
I got taunted into punching a kid in elementary school. The ensuing events that followed traumatized me into a completely different person.

Funny enough, I happen to have written an essay on what happened. Boy did I get an awesome grade from it.

Still regret it though.
Dec 31, 2012 3:17 AM

Dec 2012
nnangle said:
Wasted time on video games when i could have been watching anime.

"Quite" agree with that one. Hahahhax xD.
There's nothing wrong with being bad.

Dec 31, 2012 3:19 AM

Dec 2012
when i was 5 i stole a fire crackers from my brother and put it in his bed and well lets just say that room does not exist any more and now he lives in the garage.
Jak3Dec 31, 2012 3:26 AM
Dec 31, 2012 3:22 AM

Mar 2012
Jak3 said:
when i was 5 i stole a fire cracker from my brother and put it in his bed and well lets just say that room does not exist any more and now he lives in the garage.

So, what, you managed to burn out an entire room with a fire cracker?
How old and flammable was that bed? The couch I burned was made in 1963 and it still took some accelerant to get it going.
Dec 31, 2012 3:24 AM

Dec 2009
MellowJello said:
I got taunted into punching a kid in elementary school. The ensuing events that followed traumatized me into a completely different person.

Funny enough, I happen to have written an essay on what happened. Boy did I get an awesome grade from it.

Still regret it though.

Just out of curiosity, what happened?
Ara ara.
Dec 31, 2012 3:35 AM

Apr 2011
Refusing to have my parents/elder siblings to open the door for my older bro on my 7th birthday. We were going through a rough patch at the time. His figure through the door's window was the last I saw of him.
Dec 31, 2012 3:36 AM

Dec 2012
Negative-Travis said:
Jak3 said:
when i was 5 i stole a fire cracker from my brother and put it in his bed and well lets just say that room does not exist any more and now he lives in the garage.

How old and flammable was that bed? The couch I burned was made in 1963 and it still took some accelerant to get it going.

my brother had cloths on his bed and because he is a mechanic its all pretty much coated in motor oil and like that, i also remember trying to blame it all on my brother.
Dec 31, 2012 3:37 AM

Aug 2012
DoctorDoom said:
MellowJello said:

Still regret it though.

Lemme go grab the link...

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/k8oxvuiapfpcwff/English%201A%20Essay%201.docx?dl=1

Names have been changed because reasons.
Dec 31, 2012 3:46 AM

Mar 2012
Jak3 said:
Negative-Travis said:
Jak3 said:

my brother had cloths on his bed and because he is a mechanic its all pretty much coated in motor oil and like that, i also remember trying to blame it all on my brother.

Reminds me of something else that happened to me as a minor.
I was under a Caprice on a lift in the auto shop and I had to crack a fuel line for some reason or another.
When I opened the line, a stream of gas shot out of the hardline onto my hand and ran down my arm, into my armpit.
Let me tell you, that's a kind of pain I wouldn't wish upon any of you people, and it stays with you all day. All. Fucking. Day.
I let out this horrendous yell and all my instructor did was walk out of his office and laugh at me.

Not exactly something I regret, but I sure could've gone without experiencing that.
Dec 31, 2012 3:47 AM

Apr 2012
I loved apples and still do... I once started crying (I was 6) when I threw an apple away and it got smashed by a car (because I couldn't finish it... So I threw it away even if I was a few steps from home).

I was like "Why would I do that? Apples are good, I could have ate it later.", I have no idea what type of feeling could have made me cry at the time really... Possession? Me being stupid? Who knows.

I also have a really "dark" (so to say) secret that I don't like talking about.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Dec 31, 2012 3:47 AM

Mar 2012
Immahnoob said:

Do tell.
Dec 31, 2012 3:49 AM

Aug 2012
We're all ears.
Dec 31, 2012 3:49 AM

Aug 2012
Negative-Travis said:
Immahnoob said:

Do tell.

Now we all want to know. Great...
Dec 31, 2012 3:51 AM

Aug 2012
MellowJello said:
Negative-Travis said:
Immahnoob said:

Do tell.

Im hoping he'll give up to peer pressure soon and spill the beans.
Dec 31, 2012 3:52 AM

Aug 2012
Hidden_Joker said:
MellowJello said:
Negative-Travis said:
Immahnoob said:

Do tell.

Im hoping he'll give up to peer pressure soon and spill the beans.

Well, my "origin story" didn't seem to get crazy negative judgement so I'm sure he'll share it someday.
Dec 31, 2012 3:55 AM

Nov 2012
One day on my latest year in primary school i was asking in public what sperm was.( i was 13 and i didn't even know).
After my fifth time asking in front of 30 classmates the teacher got really mad at me LOL.
Dec 31, 2012 3:56 AM

Dec 2009
MellowJello said:

Oh, wow. That's quite a crazy tale. The teacher in the story reminds me of some stupid bitch I had in grade school. One day I broke my pencil and she got mad at me for breaking it. When I wouldn't explain how it happened (because I didn't understand why this was such a big deal) she kept me after school and called my parents to "discuss my behavior". Apparently she saw the broken pencil as a sign of 'rebellion' against her authority or something. I think I broke it by accident. Crazy bitch.

Looking back, I think I got punished for a lot of non-sensical stuff in school because of my older brother being such a troublemaker, and everything I did was picked up as a sign I might turn out the same. Ironically, it pretty much made me end up like you.
Ara ara.
Dec 31, 2012 3:59 AM

Apr 2012
No, I won't... Even if you harass me online. It's not something you guys should know.
MellowJello said:
DoctorDoom said:
MellowJello said:

Still regret it though.

Anyway, MellowJello, I wanted to say that's quite an awesome story and sad too. I, for what I remember at that age, would have told her "No" and would have refused in any way to get counseling. My mother would never make me do such a thing as she knows and reads a lot about psychology... She would have believed me instead.

I was always "mature" for my age, I lived in the 'adult's world', I would hear my mom talk about her problems with others, I would hear people talk about their problems, and when I would ask my mom (even if most of them would be rhetorical), she would never refuse to tell me. Only once or twice I got the answer "You're too little for that", I would always respond with "I think I heard about everybody's problems enough to be able to understand" (even if I did say that in poor words). And then she would "crumble" at me being really pushy.

What do I want to say? Well, I can't understand your pain, at all, I'm apathetic and I also am a narcissist, I wanted to say that it's quite sad how education matters too much in our lives.

Autocrat said:
Dec 31, 2012 4:03 AM

Aug 2012
Good to know stories like that haven't been torn to shreds yet by the MAL community. Thanks for the sympathy guys!

I just realized I said I had no regrets in that essay. Oops. Yeah I regret it now.
Dec 31, 2012 4:04 AM

Aug 2012
Immahnoob said:
I wanted to say that it's quite sad how education matters too much in our lives.

Yes.
I dropped out of high school at 10th grade (nothing major, I was just getting tired of having to study and...just of school). I got a GED, and im going to college next year, half a year early than any of my classmates.

And im perfectly happy with my choice, getting a GED was way easier than slaving my way through 2 final gruesome years of academics in high school. And im not academically incompetent either i was always an honors student....

But for some goddamned reason, people seem to look at me through colored glasses, just because I have a GED...and didnt complete a "normal" education.
Hidden_JokerDec 31, 2012 4:08 AM
Dec 31, 2012 4:20 AM

Apr 2012
Joker, I'm not talking solely about "school education", actually, I'm not really talking about that one, I'm talking about "home education". You see your parents for the first time and they are the ones that educate you, I was educated to be a bit more mature (actually, that was the environment, but my mom did give me that example even if she wasn't "mature" as personality), and I think it was a right choice, even if at the moment I can't taste some people's need of destroying their own bodies for fun and all the mindless pleasure which make them judge me for refusing to adhere to their tastes and actions.
MellowJello said:
Good to know stories like that haven't been torn to shreds yet by the MAL community. Thanks for the sympathy guys!

I just realized I said I had no regrets in that essay. Oops. Yeah I regret it now.

No problem, if it was true that is. If it wasn't, you did a good job on tricking us. And I'd give you a 7.5/10.

Autocrat said:
Dec 31, 2012 4:22 AM

Aug 2012
Immahnoob said:
Joker, I'm not talking solely about "school education", actually, I'm not really talking about that one, I'm talking about "home education". You see your parents for the first time and they are the ones that educate you, I was educated to be a bit more mature (actually, that was the environment, but my mom did give me that example even if she wasn't "mature" as personality), and I think it was a right choice, even if at the moment I can't taste some people's need of destroying their own bodies for fun and all the mindless pleasure which make them judge me for refusing to adhere to their tastes and actions.

LOL I kinda thought it wasn't but I just felt a need to rant about it. xP
Dec 31, 2012 4:27 AM
Aug 2012
Okay, I'll bite.
In year 6 (so i was 11 or so) i used to love stealing things, i didn't do it for money or for the items, i just did it because i loved the rush of breaking the rules. So basically i would rock up to school an hour or so early once or twice a week, sit next to peoples bags while they were off playing soccer or something and i would take their phones, wallets and anything valuable from inside. Because it was a private school i usually got a pretty solid grab each time.

Eventually the school caught on to this and had an assembly to find out who the culprit was. As it turned out, numerous people reported me as being suspicious and so i was questioned and such. I realised that i was going to be busted soon, so one day i asked my best friend (who had two charges of shop lifting on his record) for his locker key so i could put my bag in. I put 12 stolen phones and iPods in his bag and over 20 wallets. The next time i was questioned i burst into tears and said that it was him who did it and i was just a distraction for the bag owners.

He ended up expelled and i got 2 days of detention. I'm not sure if he realises i did it or not, but regardless i felt pretty bad afterwards.
Dec 31, 2012 4:29 AM

Dec 2009
If he didn't realize you did that, he must be a total moron. You never thought about confessing it to him?
Ara ara.
Dec 31, 2012 4:30 AM

Apr 2012
I agree with Doom, he's an idiot if he didn't find out.

Autocrat said:
Dec 31, 2012 4:33 AM
Aug 2012
He didn't keep in contact with me afterwards, but he was the aggressive type so if he did know I'm sure that he would've threatened me or something.
Dec 31, 2012 5:06 AM

Dec 2012
I expected this thread to be light-hearted... looks like you guys really did some pretty nasty shit.

...Does spending a shitload of money on TCGs count?

*My Profile || Signature by Jeav || I am a part οf The Invisibles. || My Anime List*
Dec 31, 2012 5:45 AM

Aug 2012
ElectricGirl said:

We never saw him again.

"He just wanted to make me happy" , I said in court.

...Wow *sniffle*
Dec 31, 2012 5:47 AM

Apr 2012
And we find out that was SSJMaster...

And now he works at the FBI as their little bitch.

Autocrat said:
Dec 31, 2012 5:48 AM

Sep 2012
ElectricGirl said:
My elder brother was the most gentle person in my life at that time. He was so nice and caring about my well being , he always postponed his own comfort at last.
I didn't have a lot of toys and flashy apparels when I was a little girl , but all of that was about to change.
It was a Monday morning like all the others. My mom was getting me ready to go to school , when suddenly , someone rings the door bell. We were used to the neighbors' visits who were by the way a very morning people who like to share their culinary prowesses with us. So I rushed to open the door , and there was a mail delivery. All I could see were big boxes. My dad signed the papers without even asking , and got the boxes in.
We all were curious to know what's inside obviously. My dad opens the first one and finds something. It was a Nintendo 64. Of course my dad doesn't know what that is , but every little boy and girl out there know. I was so excited I screamed : " A nintendo 64! Sweeet!" . My father wasn't sure if this delivery was meant for us or not , but we kept on tearing up the boxes one by one. I was filled with joy . Video Games , cute paraphernalia , dolls , toys , kids' pillows , and a lot of clothes. It seemed all of these deliveries were meant to me, but we didn't know who sent them exactly.
The noise in the house could awake the deaf. Naturally , my brother came downstairs to see what's happening. " Joe , look ! Look ! " , I was screaming when I saw him. He just smiled at me , lifted me and said : " You better take car of that N64 you were longing to get. " . I knew it was his doing by the end of that sentence. There were a lot of questions that remain to be answered , but I didn't care , I just hugged him and thanked him again and again.
"From now on , you can ask me to bring you anything you want", he said very confidently. And I did took advantage of the pandora box.

This series of deliveries and presents continued for a whole year before the inconceivable happens.

I was coming back from school when I saw some police officers and other people wearing blue jackets at the door. The FBI. I had the terrible feeling our happy days are doomed to end. They were looking for my brother.
He was apparently a hacker who monopolized funds of hundred thousands of dollars from credit cards.
We never saw him again.

"He just wanted to make me happy" , I said in court.

The first part of the story:

Dec 31, 2012 5:49 AM
Jun 2012
Dec 31, 2012 5:50 AM

Apr 2012
I don't even believe ElectricGirl... It's too much bullshit in one post.

Autocrat said:
Dec 31, 2012 5:54 AM

Aug 2012
Immahnoob said:

How is it even possible to never see him again? Execution for hacking?

Bullshit or not it was sad...
Dec 31, 2012 6:07 AM

Sep 2012
Immahnoob said:

ElectricGirl is just full of shit. Her profile screams : "FAKE". Most likely a banned member.
Dec 31, 2012 6:08 AM

Apr 2012
I won't report unless I know for sure it's a double account :D.

EDIT: Half confirmed, must be Sacrophagus's lover girl all over.

Autocrat said:
Dec 31, 2012 6:35 AM

Nov 2008
Madeline said:
I regret watching so much television.

Dec 31, 2012 7:19 AM

Feb 2010
Sorayin said:
i used to love stealing things.

Same.
My situation never went as far, though; I went for useless trinkets, like figures on teachers' desks and keychains. I got caught and was scolded at the worst.
That was when I resorted to shoplifting, but I eventually grew out of that.

On another note, I used to make up ridiculous stories in attempt to get attention because I was never social and usually "left out." It all backfired. I matured out of that phase too, but that's the one thing I look back on sometimes and think that it was really stupid of me.

But yeah, no real "dark" baggage here.
Dec 31, 2012 7:26 AM
Jul 2012
Tons of things, but the one that im not embarrassed to say is that i definitely should've chose learning the drums over trumpet in middle school.

Also, i should've kept check of the girls that i were friends with in elementary school and middle school, because they all became hot for some reason.
Dec 31, 2012 7:46 AM
Nov 2012
I regret stoping to do so many things. I used to do martial arts, play the piano, actually study. I wish I didn't stop.
Oi, Haru desu.
Dec 31, 2012 7:58 AM

Apr 2012
Oh, you don't know how many people like GILF's on this site.

Goddamn it, why would you even use -ILF on G?

Autocrat said:
Dec 31, 2012 8:00 AM
Jul 2012
Immahnoob said:
I won't report unless I know for sure it's a double account :D.

EDIT: Half confirmed, must be Sacrophagus's lover girl all over.

why do i think this is true?
Dec 31, 2012 8:05 AM

Aug 2012
Oh God. GILF. Now that's one disturbing word. Fuck.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is MAL dead? ( 1 2 3 )

-Mayhem- - Nov 30, 2022

121 by schizocat »»
1 hour ago

» What does your username mean? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

86 by schizocat »»
1 hour ago

» What's the most important thing in the center of your mind rn?

LenRea - 6 hours ago

7 by LenRea »»
2 hours ago

» I think we live in a super-deterministic universe.

purple_rayn - Yesterday

34 by WeebIncelLoser »»
2 hours ago

» Need good news..

Scandalf - Yesterday

45 by KayKimii »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.