Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 5, 2013 6:06 PM

Jan 2009
her songs are great. honestly, i like miku's songs regardless of who composed it, although supercell and livetune songs are more popular. but i honestly think that human versions of her songs are better (except for those that "exceeds human limits") as humans have their 'feelings' shown in the songs they sing which exactly what a vocaloid lacks.
Jan 6, 2013 8:00 AM

Dec 2008
SchnickelFritz said:
I may be too old for this. Unappealing character design and irritating music, imo.

I'm not a fan of this miku business, but the first time I heard her sing was through this:

The reason I listened to it was because of where it came from; composed, written and designed by one 20 something year old Chinese student who didn't have enough money to hire a singer for his work, so he used miku.

Racist Japanese have bullied a Chinese Vocaloid fan into deleting his Hatsune Miku MAD, all because he had the temerity to have the virtual idol sing in Chinese. After uploading to NicoNico Douga, he was subjected to the usual deluge of racist comments which await anything China or Korea related coming to the attention of 2ch or Nico.

The storm of negative comments soon discouraged the uploader, a 20-year-old student from China’s southern province of Guangxi, and he felt he had no option but to remove the video, saying:

“Thank you all for your support. But rather than preventing everyone from getting along thanks to this video, it is perhaps better I delete it.”

Of course, many Japanese were disgusted by the antics of the hyper-xenophobic fringe which constitutes much of the userbase of 2ch and NicoNico Douga – unfortunately their words of encouragement came too late.

So much for a collective mind.
Jan 6, 2013 8:06 AM

Oct 2012
Mouhappai said:
SchnickelFritz said:
I may be too old for this. Unappealing character design and irritating music, imo.

I'm not a fan of this miku business, but the first time I heard her sing was through this:

The reason I listened to it was because of where it came from; composed, written and designed by one 20 something year old Chinese student who didn't have enough money to hire a singer for his work, so he used miku.

Racist Japanese have bullied a Chinese Vocaloid fan into deleting his Hatsune Miku MAD, all because he had the temerity to have the virtual idol sing in Chinese. After uploading to NicoNico Douga, he was subjected to the usual deluge of racist comments which await anything China or Korea related coming to the attention of 2ch or Nico.

The storm of negative comments soon discouraged the uploader, a 20-year-old student from China’s southern province of Guangxi, and he felt he had no option but to remove the video, saying:

“Thank you all for your support. But rather than preventing everyone from getting along thanks to this video, it is perhaps better I delete it.”

Of course, many Japanese were disgusted by the antics of the hyper-xenophobic fringe which constitutes much of the userbase of 2ch and NicoNico Douga – unfortunately their words of encouragement came too late.

So much for a collective mind.

Vocaloids are evil. They separate people and give people xenophobic and racist ideologies. We must ban vocaloid programs and their music.
Jan 8, 2013 3:22 AM
Oct 2011
"Because she is everyone's voice/icon."
Try to watch the Mikumentary Ep. 1

and yep, i'm a VOCALOID lover. :3
Jan 8, 2013 8:05 AM

Dec 2010
Miku is mai waifu.
Jan 8, 2013 10:21 AM

Jan 2013
Danielcook said:

Vocaloids are evil. They separate people and give people xenophobic and racist ideologies. We must ban vocaloid programs and their music.

See I told you she was a weapon.
Jan 9, 2013 7:25 AM

Feb 2009
Its damn easy to like Miku when you actually look at the real world's musicians.

Oh don't give me that crap that real world musicians sound so much better. I'm fully aware of the fact none of you are referring to Il Divo or Barbara Streisand.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Jan 10, 2013 2:35 PM

Mar 2012
While Meiko and Kaito were the first character Vocaloids, Miku is the one that most know. Maybe it's because of her music (or the program's if you want to be technical) that's pop and mostly happy (I say mostly because she does have creepy songs out there) or the fact that there was a video on Youtube of a hologram of her singing at a real concert (this is what attracted me to her). I personally love the songs and wish there were more of them on Itunes (there's really only big ones on there. I was disappointed that Magnet wasn't there). I think her character is adorable as well. But my favorite Vocaloid character is one of the next popular ones, Len and Rin Kagamine. This duo makes songs that can seem incest or creepy or just fun. The program gave Len a "Japanese Justin Beiber" voice. And I don't like JB but I do love Len. Rin, well her character is just damn cute. xD
~EmoSakura~
Jan 10, 2013 10:33 PM

Apr 2009
she has a very recognizable design
and her songs are catchy
Jul 1, 2021 1:09 PM
Dec 2017
She was the first vocaloid influencer to really make it big from ad promos to games you name it she's most likely done it.

Jul 1, 2021 10:58 PM

May 2018
Well, she's a cute character who sings what else would be the reason why she's popular?
Jul 2, 2021 7:35 AM

Jun 2021
imo it's a combination of factors all coming together.

Ultimately "Hatsune Miku," is just a vocal synthesiser software, but giving her a face and a personality was a very effective way to market the software. That way, instead of being merely a vocal tool she's suddenly an idol singing the songs artists produce for her, making it easy for a community to form around her, both of listeners and producers. She's a recognisable face for a variety of songs who's artists may have not been able to gain traction otherwise.

There's also the fact that she "can't do anything wrong." Many people want to treat their favourite artists/celebrities as fictional characters and get upset when their faves do something that goes against their image of them. By Miku literally being fictional, that can never happen.

Also her character design's really iconic. The teal hair and matching costume is pretty instantly recognisable. In many ways she's the perfect celebrity, especially factoring in the culture surrounding idols in Japan.
Jul 3, 2021 3:36 PM

Jul 2019
i don't know. i actually confuse too vocaloid good and some of them i like it but i really don't understand why is it so popular,

you know i mean they can't singing very emotional like human but the more popular than human!~

Jul 8, 2021 12:21 AM
Jul 2018
I like Kaito but Miku is very cute and I like cat's dance that's her only song I like I think her and Kaito would make a really cute couple :D
Oct 13, 2021 11:51 PM

Apr 2019
Because she is hot idol.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

11 by Toooooooooohru »»
58 seconds ago

» Is Kung Fu Panda 4 worth watching (NO SPOILERS)

Fukoku - Mar 24

3 by Fukoku »»
1 hour ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7582 by Maumuu »»
6 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3383 by 3miL »»
8 hours ago

» Discuss the last movie you watched ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GloriousHawk - Dec 29, 2012

4817 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Today, 7:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.