Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2012 12:04 AM

Jul 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think it's funny that Jotaro is supposed to be 17, or in high school at least, but looks like hes in his mid 30's in this OVA.
Mar 22, 2013 4:16 PM

Jun 2009
glenn177 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think it's funny that Jotaro is supposed to be 17, or in high school at least, but looks like hes in his mid 30's in this OVA.

Well, he never looks like a 17 year old but especially so in this OVA. I believe they skipped a good chunk of stand fights here. I'm pretty sure Polnareff didn't meet Hanged Man this soon after joining the group.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 9, 2013 7:18 AM

Feb 2010
The pace is a bit slow in this episode...
Jun 15, 2013 4:46 PM

May 2012
Really slow pace, and not much happened either...
Feb 23, 2014 10:16 AM

Dec 2013
Avdol Nooooooo! And so rests one of the few badass black characters in anime history =(
Love and Peace!!!
Oct 31, 2014 6:42 PM

Apr 2009
Norio Wakamoto Hol Horse on a motorcycle?! Yeeeeeeaaaaahhh that's what I like to see!

Apr 30, 2019 9:51 PM

Sep 2013
I wanna see how they take care of this J. Gails dude...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 21, 2020 7:25 PM
Jul 2018
Who knew something/someone so intricately animated. So fluidly. It’s amazing to watch. That considered — and with the character designs, backgrounds, settings, dialects, dialogues — this doesn’t really even feel like an anime. If I were watching a dubbed version, I would’ve thought this was made by America or some Western organization. This reminds me of He-Man. I guess the most notable difference this anime has with 90’s American male-children-based cartoons — aside from the Japanese language and the violence — is that the animation is STUNNING. IMPECCABLE. Japan really gets all the well-deserved credit for their ability to bring drawings to life.

I liked this episode a lot. It felt very cinematic. And it’s not often an anime takes place in an Asian country like this (at least that’s what Jean-Pierre called Avdol — an Asian). I also saw the word “India” mentioned in the subs (which is technically Asia) — but they’re on their way to Egypt, right?

I guess that would make sense. Jotaro and the crew took off from Japan and must’ve crashed in the Indian ocean, ultimately finding their way to India. I’m not sure how the rest of the anime goes from here — and I can’t be sure why they’re in India in the first place — a pit stop (on-the-way) maybe?

Regardless, I digressed. This is such a diverse and untouched setting for anime, which — again — makes this feel like it isn’t even an anime. I have a feeling the “anime” feeling will return in the more modern version of the series, though. I’m sure the fact that this is a 90’s-2000’s animation has a lot to do with it.

Also, the scene where Jean-Pierre says “You’ll beat my BUM?” and they both go into a fit of laughter. Best scene by far. He's gotta be one of my favorite characters.

... oh yeah, is Avdol really dead? ;-;
removed-userMay 21, 2020 7:53 PM
May 21, 2020 7:26 PM
Jul 2018

And, when Avdol, sitting on those steps, confided in Joseph, and Joseph replied, “I agree with what you’re thinking… we mustn’t leave things as they are when our comrade might be in danger. Now let’s get in the car and we’ll follow him.” ………. I felt that. (; 🙏

U real wholesome jojo.
removed-userMay 21, 2020 7:52 PM
Nov 18, 2023 11:59 PM

Dec 2012
Scat.
Gaylord.
Dat hand. Outside the window.
It's in the mirror? A right hand!
Polnareff leaves.
A man on the bike. Dat voice... NORIO!!!!
A woman. She wants to stay with him for the rest of her life?
She's 16. She loves him.
A gun appeared.
Emperor.
Hol Horse.
The bullet changed direction?
Avdol saved Polnareff.
Avdol got stabbed!
Avdol... is dead?
Polnareff is crying.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2000) Episode 7 Discussion

Veethorn - Dec 13, 2009

21 by Rob »»
Nov 19, 2023 3:18 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2000) Episode 6 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Jun 15, 2013

7 by Rob »»
Nov 19, 2023 2:19 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2000) Episode 5 Discussion

Yangbojian - Apr 9, 2013

11 by Rob »»
Nov 19, 2023 1:28 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2000) Episode 3 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Jun 15, 2013

9 by Rob »»
Nov 18, 2023 4:41 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2000) Episode 2 Discussion

Hannah_Ana - Jun 1, 2013

7 by Rob »»
Nov 18, 2023 3:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.