Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 15, 2023 11:44 AM

Jan 2018
After the 40th anniversary of the manga, I think now is the best time to catch up with the original Fist of the North Star anime before the Remake comes out. And I'm also playing Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise on PS4 which was developed by the same devs as the Yakuza series. Experiencing both at the same time will probably be an interesting experience.

Damn. I like this anime already. I just wish this anime was available in a better format than what I'm currently watching, which is probably a DVD rip. It's not unwatchable but a higher resolution with remastered audio and visuals probably would've made it stand out a lot more today. Yes, I'm talking about a remastered Blu-ray release. Does it exist? If not, they should've released this with the 40th anniversary project announcement. Oh well.

I realized that Kenshiro is voiced by Akira Kamiya while Shin is voiced by Toshio Furukawa. That's hilarious cause these two voiced Mendo and Ataru in the OG Urusei Yatsura. It's always interesting to hear your favorite characters' voices in other shows like this.

It's also a bit crazy to me that this anime was made just a year after the manga started coming out. You know what that means. There will be filler. Well, I just hope they'll at least be tolerable if not miserable.

Can't wait to see Kenshiro's journey in both anime and game form.
Nov 29, 2023 12:16 AM
May 2019
The first episode of a very promising series, i'm looking forward to what's to after that
Dec 12, 2023 12:02 AM

Oct 2022
The first episode, the initial review of the series is that it has a classic and stereotypical plot on past grudges and enemies. I'm pretty sure that most animations nowadays revolve around the same ideas this show introduced. Not a bad start since its setting is dilapidated and totally destroyed world. I'm wonderous of the humanity's tenacity to survival actually.

I'll give it a 4/5 imo. TUNING IN FOR THE NEXT ONE IMMEDIATELY!!!

"All things, be they divine or mortal, find their ultimate end. 
                      It is not a harsh punishment, but a merciful pardon."

Feb 28, 3:13 PM

Jul 2016
"I just discovered that Toei had made a Japanese dub of the infamous "Fist of The North Star" (Hokuto no Ken) american live action film, with the cast of the original anime series reprising their roles."
https://twitter.com/catsuka/status/1762977829464027371

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 25 Discussion

naikou - Feb 16, 2009

17 by CreamofDaCrop »»
Mar 25, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 31 Discussion

brucescrews - Feb 24, 2012

9 by 0451 »»
Mar 17, 4:43 AM

» Information on this production?

Teirayo - Mar 7

2 by Otakupervert890 »»
Mar 7, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 7 Discussion

brucescrews - Jan 22, 2012

17 by JapanPsychology »»
Feb 8, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 11 Discussion

naikou - Feb 6, 2009

24 by lolware »»
Jan 30, 11:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.