Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 8, 2012 8:40 AM

Nov 2011
I've had this thing in my house for my entire life and I'm trying to figure out what it is exactly. To my untrained eye, this looks like 2 Kanji written top down, the bottom one being 吋 (the Kanji for "inch"), but I can't find the top one. Tried a search by radicals but it's the calligraphic nature of it that is confusing (meaning that I don't know how that character would look typed as opposed to "drawn.")

So, anyone out there know what the top Kanji is? I tried cleaning up the image a bit to make it clearer.

Dec 8, 2012 8:45 AM

Jun 2011
im chinese and i'ver never seen this kanji before, probably some old traditional one, so searching by radical would be difficult i guess
maybe my parents would know this kanji, if i ask them next time im visting them^^
Dec 8, 2012 8:57 AM

Mar 2008
Don't know which kanji it is, but I can tell that it's only one kanji. If the 吋 below it was a separate kanji, it would be of equal size to the one above it.
Dec 8, 2012 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
Rasmu said:
im chinese and i'ver never seen this kanji before, probably some old traditional one, so searching by radical would be difficult i guess
maybe my parents would know this kanji, if i ask them next time im visting them^^

Thanks!

Sephiex said:
Don't know which kanji it is, but I can tell that it's only one kanji. If the 吋 below it was a separate kanji, it would be of equal size to the one above it.

I thought so at first but then I couldn't find a Kanji that contained that radical so I figured it was its own thing and the top part was separate (once again - I am totally ignorant about these things).
Dec 8, 2012 9:01 AM

Jul 2007

If anything, I imagine it's a slightly different version of this. Means 'longevity'/'congratulations' which seems like the right sort of thing.
Dec 8, 2012 9:04 AM

Nov 2011
Scud said:

If anything, I imagine it's a slightly different version of this. Means 'longevity'/'congratulations' which seems like the right sort of thing.

Oh wow, that does look a lot like it (especially if I google image search it).
Dec 8, 2012 11:47 AM

Aug 2007
Does that mean when i have a fucking hard time with my manji homework, i can post it here? (Like "help indentify this anime/manga")
Dec 8, 2012 3:20 PM

Dec 2009
Chineses were obsessed with Long Living, so they had a `hundred` ways of writing this word

Google image for : 百壽圖
It's a picture used as a gift for elders' birthdays or celebrations
Sep 8, 2020 7:25 PM
Sep 2020
I love anime very much meanwhile.

myAscension is the perfectly designed employee portal that helps Ascension employees to directly login into the portal. They can access Benefit coverage, view your pay stub, employment forms, retirement savings, health plan claims through a extraordinary website.

https://www-myascension.org/

More topics from this board

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - Today

16 by Adverrito »»
27 minutes ago

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - Apr 16

32 by KenaiPhoenix »»
28 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

16 by Adverrito »»
46 minutes ago

Poll: » strawberry, chocolate or banana milk?

bobbysalmon - Apr 17

20 by KenaiPhoenix »»
47 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Today

26 by KenaiPhoenix »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.