Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Nov 18, 2012 2:15 PM

Jul 2011
terrible
Nov 18, 2012 2:15 PM

Nov 2011
Sa-chan_ said:
Rannta said:
mmmm, this is bored. Damn you kei fans for the hype.

Of course we will not give the hype on this if we don't know what's behind on this series.

Well its taking too fricking long for anything to happen, this seems like another show that for VN people only which is bad marketing.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 18, 2012 2:17 PM

Sep 2011
Zee530 said:
Sa-chan_ said:
Rannta said:

Of course we will not give the hype on this if we don't know what's behind on this series.

Well its taking too fricking long for anything to happen,

That applies also to all of Key works(Clannad, Kanon, Air). The difference is LB's beginning is longer than the 3.

Nov 18, 2012 2:19 PM
Jul 2012
Little Busters has a huge cast, of course its gonna take a few episodes to introduce all of them, I feel like im the only patient anime only guy here.
Nov 18, 2012 2:20 PM
Jul 2012
Zee530 said:
Sa-chan_ said:
Rannta said:

Well its taking too fricking long for anything to happen, this seems like another show that for VN people only which is bad marketing.

Bad marketing.... We're talking about a game made in 2007, sold millions of copy, and just about every person in Japan who is into VN has read it. came out in 2 other versions EX and ME, in addition launched an After game. I think Key made all the money they want with LB already. So what if the anime targets mostly Veteran Readers, They already targeted the majority of intended viewers (which are in Japan and read the VN already anyways) Besides people nowadays would just torrent the VN in English patch anyways, so no sales there either.
Nov 18, 2012 2:21 PM

Apr 2010
This adaptation reeks of averageness. It doesn't have the VN feel at all, not sure if I'm enjoying it or not.
Nov 18, 2012 2:21 PM

Sep 2011
JavierR said:
Little Busters has a huge cast, of course its gonna take a few episodes to introduce all of them, I feel like im the only patient anime only guy here.

True. So that means I can see how many impatient people here.

Nov 18, 2012 2:29 PM

Nov 2009
JavierR said:
blasterion said:

We have anime-only watchers here? I thought they all dropped the series by now because lol characters are retarded or lol komari voice annoying

stop assuming that, last thread we established that we're always lurking.

^ that, as someone said in the last episode thread... and also said that just because the droppers are really loud, and the whiners are really loud
MagicFlierNov 18, 2012 2:34 PM
Nov 18, 2012 2:38 PM

Feb 2012
Oh dear..

Nov 18, 2012 2:41 PM

Nov 2009
akutasame94 said:
skapandi said:
akutasame94 said:

Saying LBcast>Clannad xD ROTF xD Sorry that's my reaction every time someone says that :) Not because it is not truth, I just think characters can't be compared. And honestly if look at anime only Clannad was better, so far tho...

I compare characters all the time.Especially with stuff like this that has the same people behind it(Key).

For me, LB's cast was way more memorable than Clannad's and they were all likeable in some way or form(yes, even Kanata and Komari).
Hell, a big part of what makes Refrain so good is seeing those characters you love suffering and having their friendship go through a rough time.It wouldn't have been nearly as good if the viewer wasn't connected to them.
I can't pick a character I flat out hate like in Clannad, therefore the cast is better for me.The 4 childhood friends are the highlight of the show(or atleast the vn) imo.

While Clannad has annoying girl Fuuko who is really hard to like, Kyou who is a textbook tsundere, Kotomi who is kinda retarded but at least cute, Sunohara who's pretty much the punching bag(Masato is way better at this role than he is), Nagisa who is pretty ok but not that great of a lead heroine(Rin and Ayu from Kanon are better), Tomoyo who is cool but a bit too perfect, Ryou who has the exact same personality as Nagisa and isn't memorable at all and Tomoya who is the usual skeptical Key main character(not that I dislike him, I just enjoyed that they got out of their comfort zone with Riki for once).

In the end, LB's cast had a way bigger impression on me.I watched Clannad back in February which wasn't that long ago and I didn't feel the best part of it was the characters like with LB. I've forgotten most of what made them appealing when it hasn't even been a year yet.

I do agree about the Clannad anime being better than this at this point.

And I think exactly the opposite xD I liked all characters in LB, yet I loved every character in Clannad xD I just think those two bring different emotions and that's why those can't be compared, people can just give personal opinions :D They simply deal with different theme. That's all I wanted to say xD

All the characters in Clannad experience different situations than Little busters characters which is how it's suppose to be to connect with many people out there (and vice-versa, i notice a few people mentioned something similar happened to them that happened to komari so they really understood her in the anime) so i agree with akutasame94, honestly don't like comparing the two like that...
Nov 18, 2012 2:44 PM

Nov 2009
Zee530 said:
Sa-chan_ said:
Rannta said:

excuse me, but...

skapandi said:
Also why are people expecting plot out of this show at this point? Don't they know how Key does their shit, or what?
Nov 18, 2012 3:14 PM

Aug 2011
yea uh.. dont expect absolutely epic stuff until refrain.. havent you guys seen after story?
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Nov 18, 2012 3:23 PM

Sep 2012
I can't believe we're seven whole weeks into this, and their are people STILL complaining about stuff that was discussed in earlier episodes. I feel like we're going in circles, fighting some never-ending horde of haters or something.

And to those attacking the animation, this was established in like, the first few episodes! Yeah, the animation isn't top-notch, but it really isn't terrible. Seriously.

I eagerly await the day when Refrain comes. Then the haters will curse their rdiculous impatience.
Nov 18, 2012 3:27 PM

Feb 2012
blubberflub said:
yea uh.. dont expect absolutely epic stuff until refrain.. havent you guys seen after story?
Telling anime-only viewers to stick around until refrain isn't very reassuring.

If something fails to hook in viewers early on, chances are you've already lost them before it "gets good".
Nov 18, 2012 3:34 PM

Sep 2011
Yvese said:

If something fails to hook in viewers early on, chances are you've already lost them before it "gets good".

Indeed, unfortunately it's true.

Well, I wasn't really expecting most of the people will get hook straight ahead on the beginning. It really depends of them if they're patient.

Nov 18, 2012 3:43 PM

Sep 2012
The art in this episode was bad even for LB standard! I'm still not a fan of the humour of this show, they are really trying hard, but they failed to even make me smile, but Masato is slowly growing on me as a character, He is probably the only one I care about.

I'll wait, but so far, this anime hasn't done anything really special.
Nov 18, 2012 3:43 PM

Oct 2012
Sa-chan_ said:
Yvese said:

Well, I wasn't really expecting most of the people will get hook straight ahead on the beginning. It really depends of them if they're patient.

You have to remember that many people still like the drama in the heroine routes route so in a way, they can also be counted as epic stuff. ;)
You were eaten by the eel pie instead
Nov 18, 2012 3:48 PM

Aug 2011
i actually dont like the way theyre introducing the members either. they should have done it like clannad. cuz thats how it was in visual novel. riki met and interacted with each girl a little bit each day. the anime throws a character in for a whole episode which is.. pretty unnatural. Riki, even though he's different from all of key's protagonists still had a cynical realistic personality like the others where as in the anime hes more of an idealistic. this riki in the anime actually feels completely different from the one i depicted in the vn. he doesnt even feel like the main characte. in the anime we never see how riki gets himself into a situation.. its always just a sudden jump straight into one, while in clannad we ALWAYS see things through tomoyas perspective.

basically little busters was supposed to be much more similar to clannad than what is shown here. Yoshiki/jc staff messed up and ended up with something that isnt terrible but also nothing great.

either way a 1 to 1 adaptation of refrain will be amazing no matter what. and even though some things are different. major plot points are still there in the current adaptation which is enough to depict refrains epicness.

if refrain sucks then.. ima suck my own dick
Funya-UsagiNov 18, 2012 3:51 PM
Nov 18, 2012 3:56 PM

Sep 2011
eltonsu999 said:
Sa-chan_ said:
Yvese said:

You have to remember that many people still like the drama in the heroine routes route so in a way, they can also be counted as epic stuff. ;)

But those are in the middle part and the things will get really interesting is at the final part. The beginning is seriously boring as hell.

But the only tip that I can give the anime only viewers is that, this show has similar pacing to Steins;Gate(I may doubt that because it depends how JC Staff will adapt this series). It starts too slow then things will get interesting afterwards.

Nov 18, 2012 4:36 PM

Nov 2011
Not good, not good.

It's still quite boring, and the throwing-items-for-weapons gimmick is getting old. Haruka is an ok character though.
Nov 18, 2012 4:40 PM

Sep 2011
ohmystars said:
Not good, not good.

It's still quite boring, and the throwing-items-for-weapons gimmick is getting old. Haruka is an ok character though.

Drop it then because throwing weapons is going to stay in the show until it ends, It's one of the main things that you do in the Visual Novel. I swear all I hear from this forum aside from the animation is crying about how the show is going so slowly, oh please. Go watch Clannad, it's so fucking slow also, and doesn't get good until After story.

/rant
Nov 18, 2012 4:55 PM

Aug 2011
lol most people who are complaining about the slow pacing haven't even seen clannad.
Nov 18, 2012 4:57 PM
Jul 2012
Tyrel said:
ohmystars said:
Not good, not good.

Drop it then because throwing weapons is going to stay in the show until it ends, It's one of the main things that you do in the Visual Novel. I swear all I hear from this forum aside from the animation is crying about how the show is going so slowly, oh please. Go watch Clannad, it's so fucking slow also, and doesn't get good until After story.

/rant

lol clannad didnt get good for me until mid afterstory but the slow buildup is what made it epic
Nov 18, 2012 5:30 PM

Aug 2011
Nov 18, 2012 5:39 PM

Sep 2011
Probably with a rope sadly.

Another off-topic again, how about on episode 9 where Rin gets a new letter based on the summary?
My guess would be

Nov 18, 2012 5:42 PM
Jul 2012
Sa-chan_ said:
Probably with a rope sadly.

Another off-topic again, how about on episode 9 where Rin gets a new letter based on the summary?
My guess would be

But Rappeling is still plenty cool.
Nov 18, 2012 5:55 PM

May 2011
Rin is too good.

Nov 18, 2012 6:13 PM
Jul 2012
LEGOF said:
Rin is too good.

One does not fuck with Einstein Gates Audrey Tezuka Faubre Lennon Yuusaku Jackie Fyodor Aristotle and Hitler
blasterionNov 18, 2012 6:19 PM
Nov 18, 2012 6:15 PM

Sep 2012
I re watched the part many times and I still can't figure out how kyouske got through that window, I just see him floating in :L
Nov 18, 2012 6:18 PM

Aug 2011
it's supposed to show him using a rope but him floating in was funny as hell.
Nov 18, 2012 6:19 PM
Jul 2012
blubberflub said:
it's supposed to show him using a rope but him floating in was funny as hell.

blasterionNov 18, 2012 6:23 PM
Nov 18, 2012 6:25 PM
Jul 2012
its funnier that way. He defintely levitated into the room
Nov 18, 2012 6:25 PM

Aug 2011
Nov 18, 2012 6:29 PM

Aug 2012
blubberflub said:

my way of seeing this is
if this is the case i reckon it will work
Nov 18, 2012 6:32 PM
Jul 2012
Noumi_Kudryavka said:
blubberflub said:

my way of seeing this is

I never understood why you are named after Kud with a picture of Komari but ok.
Nov 18, 2012 6:33 PM

Aug 2011
your name is noumi kudryavka and you have a picture of komari... you sick bastard..
Nov 18, 2012 6:36 PM
Jul 2012
blubberflub said:
your name is noumi kudryavka and you have a picture of komari... you sick bastard..

[[ Noumi_Kudryavka has earned the title of "Sick Bastard" ]]
Nov 18, 2012 6:38 PM

Aug 2012
Problem with uploads, not even sure why its still komari's picture
Nov 18, 2012 6:38 PM
Jul 2012
blubberflub said:

but your name is blubberflub and you have a picture of blue hair. blue hair is not a blubberflub >:o
Nov 18, 2012 6:39 PM
Jul 2012
JavierR said:
blubberflub said:

but your name is blubberflub and you have a picture of blue hair. blue hair is not a blubberflub >:o

That's why I don't have an avatar at all.
Nov 18, 2012 6:41 PM
Jul 2012
blasterion said:
JavierR said:
blubberflub said:

you need to have an avatar of a cute little girl. get wit the timez bro
Nov 18, 2012 6:44 PM
Jul 2012
JavierR said:
blasterion said:
JavierR said:
blubberflub said:

you need to have an avatar of a cute little girl. get wit the timez bro

This forum has too many requirements for avatar images so I just don't care anymore
Nov 18, 2012 6:44 PM

Nov 2009
SleepingEntity said:
I can't believe we're seven whole weeks into this, and their are people STILL complaining about stuff that was discussed in earlier episodes. I feel like we're going in circles, fighting some never-ending horde of haters or something.

And to those attacking the animation, this was established in like, the first few episodes! Yeah, the animation isn't top-notch, but it really isn't terrible. Seriously.

I eagerly await the day when Refrain comes. Then the haters will curse their rdiculous impatience.

my patience is at it's limit so be right back, going to make a review of my own now XD I thought i've done enough by recommending animes early on when this page was created would be enough but... wow.

i agree with the animation part btw, it does have it's sakuga moments.
MagicFlierNov 18, 2012 6:49 PM
Nov 18, 2012 7:01 PM

Aug 2011
yea, i was actually relieved to see rins kick animated rather than the still shot in episode 1
Nov 18, 2012 8:47 PM

Sep 2011
Noumi_Kudryavka said:
blubberflub said:

my way of seeing this is

Now that you mentioned it...

TennoujiNov 18, 2012 8:57 PM

Nov 18, 2012 8:51 PM

Jul 2012
... winning a roulette in a vending machine is unfair to those who actually pay! She shouldn't have played it!... did that idiot really just say that

/headdesk
Nov 18, 2012 8:56 PM

Mar 2012
Cute ep!
Had me laughing most of the time :3
Nov 18, 2012 9:21 PM
Nov 2012
Seriously the amount of non-tagged spoilers in posts. There are some people who hasn't read the VN yet and doesn't wish to be spoiled. I've been lurking around the threads ever since LB! started airing. I admit the animation isn't great but it doesn't stop me from enjoying the anime. But ontopic about LB!, I like the introduction of Haruka, she seems really joyful and mischievous. The Student President seems like a bitch, Kud's really cute with her engrish.

"Riki, do you remember what I said?"
"Huh. What did you say?"
"I don't remember either."

lol@Masato, such a lovable retard. He's probally my favorite character in this show so far.
Nov 18, 2012 9:28 PM

Apr 2010
i just

cant stop loving the whole scene

Nov 18, 2012 10:06 PM
Apr 2011
While watching this, I just feel like I'm watching a sort of round two of Clannad or Kanon. And now I've confused myself: I liked those shows, so why don't I like this? And I think the answer is firstly that I really just don't like a lot of the characters. Muscles is really the most annoying and unfunny comic relief character I've ever come across. I find Kendo and Natsume really uninspiring. The girls that the show has focused on so far are really overly cute and "Fuuko-ish". I like Riki though. Secondly, the humor is really just not hitting the mark with me. Muscles being the brunt of slapstick humor is getting old really quickly. Compare that to Clannad, where the various ways Sunohara got beat up kept me laughing out loud constantly. Not to mention Sunohara wasn't just some one dimensional comic relief character. He was given serious character development and became a character I really came to empathize for. It doesn't seem like Muscles will be getting the same treatment, though I hope I'm wrong.
Regardless, I'll keep watching, because I'm sure Key will give me a show totally worth watching soon enough. :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Funya-Usagi - Jan 5, 2013

185 by little_raven »»
Feb 20, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.