Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 5, 2012 4:47 AM

Mar 2012
Xbox for me, I don't like playing on the Wii, I never play on it because of the lack of good games on it
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SilentSuicide&sclick=1]
Nov 5, 2012 4:52 AM

Mar 2012
I rarely play on my Xbox and PS3 anymore. Only if I need to talk to friends or something. The only Nintendo products I own are a DS Lite and a Gameboy Advance which I only play Pokemon on. I mainly play on my PC so.... Microsoft.
they dont have an eyepatch??
Nov 5, 2012 4:55 AM

Sep 2012
PS3 for me. Bought mine the first day it came out (60GB) and it's still kicking.
Nov 5, 2012 5:30 AM

Jun 2012
As much as I enjoy the N64, I've always loved my Xbox.
Nov 5, 2012 7:52 AM

Sep 2012
box ftw PS3 doesnt even have Halo

as for Nintendo pffffft Kid Games Warioware -__-
Nov 5, 2012 8:14 AM

Nov 2007
BloodCalibutt said:
box ftw PS3 doesnt even have Halo

as for Nintendo pffffft Kid Games Warioware -__-

Yes, Mad World and No More Heroes are stunning examples of great kids' games.
Nov 5, 2012 8:37 AM
Mar 2011
answer this
who has the best 1st and 2nd franchises

Cuase when i come to hardwere sales Nintendo wiped the Floor with both Sony and MS this past gen

Nintendo DS and wii world wide total combined sales of 190 mliion
Sony PS3 and PSP total combied of around 150 Mliion Units
Microsoft Total sales of under 100 Mliion

and yes i dont count pre owned sales
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Nov 5, 2012 11:29 AM
Dec 2007
Otaking87 said:
answer this

Cuase when i come to hardwere sales Nintendo wiped the Floor with both Sony and MS this past gen

Eh, pretty damn sure the Wii has been pretty garbage in the non-casual crowd for most of the gen in terms of software, outside Japan I mean. There's no getting around they wiped the floor in hardware sales but that only tells half the story, you can have millions of units sold and more thn half of them can just be collecting dust on a shelf. If they wouldn't realize this they wouldn't have made this huge grab for the people who cried they weren't up to snuff with HD and graphics, which is basically what the Wii-U is about. That gamepad gimmick is just that, a gimmick that takes advantage of the current tablet fad.

Nov 5, 2012 11:38 AM
Mar 2011
Leon-Gun said:
Otaking87 said:
answer this

Eh, pretty damn sure the Wii has been pretty garbage in the non-casual crowd for most of the gen in terms of software, outside Japan I mean. There's no getting around they wiped the floor in hardware sales but that only tells half the story, you can have millions of units sold and more thn half of them can just be collecting dust on a shelf. If they wouldn't realize this they wouldn't have made this huge grab for the people who cried they weren't up to snuff with HD and graphics, which is basically what the Wii-U is about. That gamepad gimmick is just that, a gimmick that takes advantage of the current tablet fad.

im Just Stating Facts with no Bias here but hard sales Figues do not lie [ and my figues are only as of march this year mind you

and plus i asked an unbaised question what Company wins in 1st and 2nd party Software this Gen sales wise and over all
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Nov 5, 2012 12:20 PM

Jun 2011
Otaking87 said:
im Just Stating Facts with no Bias here but hard sales Figues do not lie [ and my figues are only as of march this year mind you

and plus i asked an unbaised question what Company wins in 1st and 2nd party Software this Gen sales wise and over all

Those may be the facts, but sales don't have much relevance on how good a console is... just how good its marketing is.
Nov 5, 2012 1:24 PM
Dec 2007
Narmy said:
Otaking87 said:

Those may be the facts, but sales don't have much relevance on how good a console is... just how good its marketing is.
Pretty much. Like I said, yeah, Nintendo was the overall winner, no denying. Doesn't mean I have to love them.

Nov 5, 2012 3:53 PM
Mar 2011
Leon-Gun said:
Narmy said:
Otaking87 said:

Pretty much. Like I said, yeah, Nintendo was the overall winner, no denying. Doesn't mean I have to love them.

Microsoft suck as a Console maker cuase the no1 reason the Fail box falied here was cuase the name[ ie bad marketing ] X = Fail Thay shouls have changed the name for the Japanese Market Like Ninti did in US for Famicom and the Su fami

Marketing it what sells the Console

Nov 5, 2012 3:59 PM

Nov 2011
I actually liked the original Xbox.

There's no doubting that the Xbox 360 is just terrible, that machine was so badly designed, they fail so easily. Luckily its not so bad with the slimmer ones...

But still, it does have some decent exclusive JRPG games and I like those.
Nov 5, 2012 4:01 PM

Apr 2012
xbox since I really enjoy how the online multiplayer works
Nov 5, 2012 4:04 PM

Jun 2011
Otaking87 said:
Microsoft suck as a Console maker cuase the no1 reason the Fail box falied here was cuase the name[ ie bad marketing ] X = Fail Thay shouls have changed the name for the Japanese Market Like Ninti did in US for Famicom and the Su fami

Nonsense, the name has nothing to do with it.

The more likely reason is the sense of loyalty to Japanese companies (which you often display quite clearly), and the small amount of exclusive games compared to the PS3.
Nov 5, 2012 4:08 PM
Mar 2011
Narmy said:
Otaking87 said:

Nonsense, the name has nothing to do with it.

The more likely reason is the sense of loyalty to Japanese companies (which you often display quite clearly), and the small amount of exclusive games compared to the PS3.

Nope when at lest with the Orginal X BOx there was alot of Japanese 3rd parties onbord Atlas for exmaple

why did ninti chanhe the name of there first two console for the west if a name does not matter

Hello theres alot of Westerm makers i like Origin for example BPS for 2 [ Japanese based found by a Dutch

THQ
two name three

Nov 5, 2012 4:22 PM

Jun 2011
Otaking87 said:
why did ninti chanhe the name of there first two console for the west if a name does not matter

I guess they figured the abbreviated NES would make more sense to Americans than Famicom. But Xbox doesn't actually mean anything, so that's not an issue.

I doubt the Famicom would have sold any less here if they didn't change the name, people in charge of localization were just incredibly stupid back then.
Nov 5, 2012 4:33 PM

Sep 2008
Otaking87 said:
Leon-Gun said:
Otaking87 said:
answer this

The Wii is still a Failure, They managed to piss of the hardcore crowd and the casual market they targeted has already left them. While the PS3 and Xbox Sales have been climbing year after year. Wii Sales spiked 2 years ago and have been in free fall ever since. The Wii also has the smallest active community and on average the majority of people who own a Wii probably haven't used in over a year.

On top of that the Wiimote forever remained a gimmick, They never made good on their promise to revolutionize motion control They've yet to make a game that actually benefits from using the Wiimote.

Also you can't count the sales of units as a the success of a system, especially in this day in age considering the Wii's profitable longevity is non existent. Wii's online store doesn't even have profits worth mentioning.

While the PS3 and 360 have online market places that are highly trafficked and highly profitable.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Nov 5, 2012 4:40 PM
Mar 2011
Narmy said:
Otaking87 said:

I guess they figured the abbreviated NES would make more sense to Americans than Famicom. But Xbox doesn't actually mean anything, so that's not an issue.

I doubt the Famicom would have sold any less here if they didn't change the name, people in charge of localization were just incredibly stupid back then.

Right when at lest with the famicom thay totally Chaned the look of the System the game Box art the Design of the Carts and even the Amount of Pins in the cart and they added stuff inisde the system puls the

side note ninti while being Family Minded in Japan they had game on there system not for Children Hell the GBC had a PIa Carrot game or say sweet home the 1st Suvivel Horror game

Nov 5, 2012 4:45 PM

Jun 2011
Jigero said:
On top of that the Wiimote forever remained a gimmick, They never made good on their promise to revolutionize motion control They've yet to make a game that actually benefits from using the Wiimote.

Skyward Sword used the Wii Motion Plus really well, much better than the waggle-fest of Twilight Princess.
Nov 5, 2012 4:47 PM
Mar 2011
Jigero said:
Otaking87 said:
Leon-Gun said:
Otaking87 said:
answer this

The Wii is still a Failure, They managed to piss of the hardcore crowd and the casual market they targeted has already left them. While the PS3 and Xbox Sales have been climbing year after year. Wii Sales spiked 2 years ago and have been in free fall ever since. The Wii also has the smallest active community and on average the majority of people who own a Wii probably haven't used in over a year.

Also you can't count the sales of units as a the success of a system, especially in this day in age considering the Wii's profitable longevity is non existent. Wii's online store doesn't even have profits worth mentioning.

While the PS3 and 360 have online market places that are highly trafficked and highly profitable.

im not just saying this gen in say over all sony and ninti have sold more consloe than Microsoft

last 4 gen biggest selleers
gen 3 Famicom
gen 4 Game boy
gen five PSX
Gen 6 PS2
Gen 7 DS

what does that tell you

and yet again your US cbtric there the WII VC has npt a very good sellection of games

Nov 5, 2012 4:56 PM

Mar 2012
Otaking87 said:

im not just saying this gen in say over all sony and ninti have sold more consloe than Microsoft

gen 3 Famicom
gen 4 Game boy
gen five PSX
Gen 6 PS2
Gen 7 DS

what does that tell you

It tells me that it looks as though you're grasping at straws to back up your argument.
First off, you're combining two Japanese corporations against one American.
Second, you're mixing home and portable console sales.
Third, Microsoft has only had an entry in generations six and seven, so it would stand to reason that Sony and Nintendo would outsell them in every previous generation.
Negative-TravisNov 5, 2012 5:00 PM
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Nov 5, 2012 4:59 PM
Mar 2011
Negative-Travis said:
Otaking87 said:
Jigero said:
Otaking87 said:
Leon-Gun said:
Otaking87 said:
answer this

gen 3 Famicom
gen 4 Game boy
gen five PSX
Gen 6 PS2
Gen 7 DS

what does that tell you

It tells me that it looks as though you're grasping at straws to back up your argument.

i give 100% fatct only no bias or anything

Nov 5, 2012 5:01 PM

Mar 2012
Otaking87 said:

Except your arguments are clearly pro-Japanese.
Go back and read the rest of what I wrote.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Nov 5, 2012 5:18 PM
Mar 2011
Negative-Travis said:
Otaking87 said:

Except your arguments are clearly pro-Japanese.
Go back and read the rest of what I wrote.

a hand held is a from of console

and they were out slod in both them gems one were they were 3rd of 4
with hand helds inculded[ like i always do

and
there console Finished a distant 4th behind the DS Wii PS3 no i not doing us vs them [ im not saying nintendo and sony vs MS im doing as the thread title says and not only for this gen i saying form the alsmot over 20 yaers iv been a gamer] idea im just going on Black and white sales figues

Nov 5, 2012 6:45 PM
May 2012
Free For All.......Show no mercy
Nov 5, 2012 7:03 PM

Nov 2007
Narmy said:
Jigero said:

Skyward Sword used the Wii Motion Plus really well, much better than the waggle-fest of Twilight Princess.

Yeahhhh, that's why I played Twilight Princess on the GCN. No waggling needed.
Nov 5, 2012 7:55 PM

Oct 2012
i also would prefer the 360 more if i didnt have it fail twice and once wasn't under warranty, which is horrible customer service because everyone knows its a huge design flaw, they wanted a $100 just to fix it, which i could get one cheaper online with tons of games n shit

i would like to say that xbox has the best online play, which i think alot of people would agree with becuase they are willing to pay for it when PS3 online is free
Nov 5, 2012 8:08 PM

Nov 2011
Narmy said:
Jigero said:

I agree, the Skyward Sword mechanics with the Wii motion plus was everything the Wii should have been from the start. Skyward Sword for me was probably one of, if not the best game made for the Wii that utilized the Wii Motion plus perfectly.

My personal favorite of the three would have to be 360 though. I mainly play MP games and the majority of the people I know do have 360s. So it's more of like what's the system that is more convenient to play with friends.(Well, some of the console exclusive titles are a partial reason too.)

I'm really excited for the Wiiu though, considering Nintendo got a huge jump on the competitors and is releasing the next-gen cosole earlier it's going to prove to sell probably well. I really like the direction Nintendo is going in as well, they are going back to the normal controller(With a touch screen.), improving the graphics drastically compared to what they normally try and accomplish and are actually right away coming out with more mature titles.

It's starting to go away from that kind of casual gamer or family type console and trying to show itself as a competitor for the other consoles, appealing to the bit more hardcore gamers, etc. while still keeping those same family/casual gamers interested with some of their other titles.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Nov 5, 2012 8:53 PM
Sep 2012
Looking back at the old 360 i was extremely disappointed on how easily it broke, so far i've already broken 2 360's with the RROD and E34 errors, i sent them back but they required a fee to get it fixed. For $400 dollars when it was released and how easily it broke, this was unacceptable by Microsoft. But now since i've bought the new 360 slim i'm pretty impressed on how much better it functions.

I've tried other consoles by other manufactures such as Wii, DS, Ps3 etc, but i prefer the 360 but thats my bias answer.
Nov 5, 2012 9:03 PM

May 2012
Sony > Nintendo > Microsoft
PS3 > Wii > Adbox 360

Sony offers free online play, a blu-ray player, and the console is region free. The PS3 also has a lot more RPGs, particularly J-RPGs, than the adbox. The Wii has free online play, and a good number of RPG's. The Adbox has shooters and ads.
gatx375Nov 5, 2012 9:07 PM
Nov 5, 2012 10:36 PM

Sep 2012
I want to say Sony, I really do. But with the Vita's crap and Monster Hunter moving on to Nintendo... and after getting the RSOD on my PS3 the MOMENT the warranty ran out... It goes to microsoft for PC gaming.
Nov 6, 2012 12:26 AM

Feb 2010
Ragix said:

I'm really excited for the Wiiu though, considering Nintendo got a huge jump on the competitors and is releasing the next-gen cosole earlier it's going to prove to sell probably well. I really like the direction Nintendo is going in as well, they are going back to the normal controller(With a touch screen.), improving the graphics drastically compared to what they normally try and accomplish and are actually right away coming out with more mature titles.

It's starting to go away from that kind of casual gamer or family type console and trying to show itself as a competitor for the other consoles, appealing to the bit more hardcore gamers, etc. while still keeping those same family/casual gamers interested with some of their other titles.

Not going to get it straight at launch right? In some places, the Wii U reception was lukewarm for preorders and in other places, it's sold out and you're put on the waiting list. Beware of many scalpers around reselling it if it's somehow a hit.
Nov 6, 2012 7:53 AM

Nov 2007
live2win said:
Ragix said:

Not going to get it straight at launch right? In some places, the Wii U reception was lukewarm for preorders and in other places, it's sold out and you're put on the waiting list. Beware of many scalpers around reselling it if it's somehow a hit.

There are already scalpers out there. Just go take a look at amazon. And considering the system is sold out most places I'd say it's already a hit. Just like the Wii, I wouldn't be surprised if the system will be hard to find for a while.
Nov 6, 2012 10:08 AM
Dec 2007
feder said:
live2win said:
Ragix said:

There are already scalpers out there. Just go take a look at amazon. And considering the system is sold out most places I'd say it's already a hit. Just like the Wii, I wouldn't be surprised if the system will be hard to find for a while.
I doubt it'd be THAT huge a hit. That said, it did sell reasonably well. Better than the next Xbox or Playstation will, that's for sure. But those two always count on cumulative sales rather than selling from the get go.

Nov 6, 2012 12:47 PM

Sep 2008
Narmy said:

I don't know what game you where playing because it was still easier just to use a controller.

A game does not benefit from using a controller if it has to make up excuses to actually use it. There still hasn't been a Wii game that basically can't be experienced properly or wouldn't be the same with out the use of a Wiimote. The Wiimote just over complicates the game play for no reason.

Ragix said:

By next gen you mean playing catchup? The WiiU is slightly less powerful then current gen consoles like the PS3 and the 360.

and all we've seen for games are ports from 2 years ago and more Gimmicky games that have to create excuses to use the clunky pointless touch screen.

And the only real reason why the WiiU has a touch screens is just to grab casual consumers away from Apple, Amazon and Google. Because tablets are cool now didn't you hear? better jump on that band wagon!

feder said:
considering the system is sold out most places I'd say it's already a hit. Just like the Wii, I wouldn't be surprised if the system will be hard to find for a while.

Just because a system is sold out doesn't mean it's a hit, it probably means they only had like 5 of them to sell.

Most places sold out on PS3 in it's first week too and PS3 where hard to find for an entire year, But Sony was still losing money hand over fist on the system that year. because most stores only had a handful of them to actually sell.
JigeroNov 6, 2012 1:01 PM
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Nov 6, 2012 1:14 PM

Sep 2010
Are the sales of the systems and their games not enough of an opinion for you? The answer is clear which is the fav system with the most gamers, you can even get a regional breakdown.

And the only real reason why the WiiU has a touch screens is just to grab casual consumers away from Apple, Amazon and Google. Because tablets are cool now didn't you hear? better jump on that band wagon!

Trends is how technology advances. I am really sick all this talk that insinuates that popularity = bad. I am sorry that shit you like is less popular than something else, that is like how popularity works.

gatx375 said:
Sony > Nintendo > Microsoft
PS3 > Wii > Adbox 360

Sony offers free online play, a blu-ray player, and the console is region free. The PS3 also has a lot more RPGs, particularly J-RPGs, than the adbox. The Wii has free online play, and a good number of RPG's. The Adbox has shooters and ads.

And why rank the 360 last because it has shooters? Hell, most of the shooters on 360 are multi-platform anyway. With several shooters being the most bought games this gen it appears that having shooters is a plus for the console with the most.

If jRPGs are you thing then the PS3 is the better console as it has the most available and gets crazy support in Japan. Nintendo has mascot idols they can milk forever and started(which means they have a strong foothold/lead) in the motion sensor gaming front which both solidifies their place among certain gamers, and 360...dunno...M$ just sorta willed that system into greatness.
Anime_NameNov 6, 2012 1:24 PM

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Pokemon : Which legendary pokemon have you randomly came across without looking up their location?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 9

5 by H1ruma »»
1 hour ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

57 by DreamingBeats »»
10 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
Yesterday, 5:15 PM

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 4:28 PM

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.