Forum Settings
Forums

Second Season of Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Nov 4, 2012 7:43 PM
Aug 2010
My bad, I had quite a number of tabs opened up at once, and a few of them were index or railgun threads, right next to each other... X_X
Lacked sleep too unfortunately when I read that post, and failed replied. (never do learn from that...).

Not much sleep over weekend due to being at a convention trying to get merchandise. Bad con habit of mine disregarding sleep to go through booths/stands to see every single thing up for sale. Con friends don't help too much either...Then going on forums, is something I never seem to learn from instead of....resting. ORZ
FlavoryFantasyNov 4, 2012 7:49 PM
Nov 13, 2012 8:14 AM

Nov 2009
arena149 said:
What I mean by the filler is the second half arc in Railgun anime which didn't exist in the original manga but it understandable since they catch up to the latest chapter at that time. I'm worried the same would happen for season 2.

The 2nd arc of the Railgun anime, I don't think it should really be considered filler.
Even though the arc was only covered by the anime, it wasn't covered by the manga, Haruue Erii, the child error/level 2 telepath that was introduced in that arc is actually briefly mentioned during the sister's arc in the Railgun manga.
Also, Mikoto uses one of the group photos taken in episode 20 of the anime as her cellphone wallpaper in the manga.

Picture from episode 20 of the anime:

Picture from chapter 32 of the manga:

Nov 13, 2012 9:53 AM

Jan 2012
Icebreaker93 said:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat i wanted season 3 of Index.
But nice to see season 2 of Railgun.

I TOTALLY AGREE... how can they just throw INDEX aside???:(
Nov 13, 2012 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
ezodagrom said:
arena149 said:
What I mean by the filler is the second half arc in Railgun anime which didn't exist in the original manga but it understandable since they catch up to the latest chapter at that time. I'm worried the same would happen for season 2.

The 2nd arc of the Railgun anime, I don't think it should really be considered filler.
Even though the arc was only covered by the anime, it wasn't covered by the manga, Haruue Erii, the child error/level 2 telepath that was introduced in that arc is actually briefly mentioned during the sister's arc in the Railgun manga.
Also, Mikoto uses one of the group photos taken in episode 20 of the anime as her cellphone wallpaper in the manga.

Yeah I know about that since Kamachi himself is the author for the second arc in the anime & he approved it canon with some anime original stuff from that arc used in the manga. He even reference the OVA ep in Railgun's Daiheisei arc. I guess I worded it wrong then.

I just worried they put some nonsense filler in S2 since the upcoming arc has more darker tone compared to S1. It kind of better if they adapt 2 of the Railgun SS novel for S2 though I don't know which timeline both novel take place.
Nov 13, 2012 10:39 AM

Nov 2009
arena149 said:
ezodagrom said:
arena149 said:

Yeah I know about that since Kamachi himself is the author for the second arc in the anime & he approved it canon with some anime original stuff from that arc used in the manga. He even reference the OVA ep in Railgun's Daiheisei arc. I guess I worded it wrong then.

I just worried they put some nonsense filler in S2 since the upcoming arc has more darker tone compared to S1. It kind of better if they adapt 2 of the Railgun SS novel for S2 though I don't know which timeline both novel take place.

I haven't read any of the novels, so I'm not sure, but according to a wiki, the first Railgun SS novel takes place after the Kazakiri Hyouka arc and before the Orsola rescue and Remnant arcs, so there's a possibility that the first SS novel may be adapted iin S2.

The Railgun SS2 novel takes place around 2 or 3 weeks before the first episode of season 1 Railgun, so it would only fit in a flashback, I guess.

Here's the timeline according to the wiki page:
July 1 - Railgun SS2 novel
July 16 ~ July 24 - Level upper arc
July 19 ~ July 28 - Index arc
1st week of August - Big Spider and Poltergeist arcs
August 8 ~ August 9 - Deep Blood arc
August 10 ~ August 22 - Sister's arc
August 28 ~ August 30 - Angel Fall arc
August 31 - 3 stories arc (fake Unabara, Last Order, and 1st episode of Index season 2)
September 1 - Kazakiri Hyouka arc
September 3 - Railgun SS novel
September 8 ~ September 9 - Orsola rescue arc
September 14 ~ September 15 - Remnant arc

http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Story_Timeline
Nov 14, 2012 3:00 AM

Nov 2011
ezodagrom said:

Here's the timeline according to the wiki page:
July 1 - Railgun SS2 novel
July 16 ~ July 24 - Level upper arc
July 19 ~ July 28 - Index arc
1st week of August - Big Spider and Poltergeist arcs
August 8 ~ August 9 - Deep Blood arc
August 10 ~ August 22 - Sister's arc
August 28 ~ August 30 - Angel Fall arc
August 31 - 3 stories arc (fake Unabara, Last Order, and 1st episode of Index season 2)
September 1 - Kazakiri Hyouka arc
September 3 - Railgun SS novel
September 8 ~ September 9 - Orsola rescue arc
September 14 ~ September 15 - Remnant arc

http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Story_Timeline

Oh thanks for that information.
So I guess they can do SS1 after Sister arc & before Daiheisei which happen after Remnant arc.
Considering SS2 happened earlier in the timeline, I think they can just put it as flashback ep since the anime kind jumbled the timeline differently compared to manga.

Forgot to mention there is also another side story of Railgun that they can adapt"'To aru Jihanki no Fanfare" which written by Durara's author & approved by Kamachi as canon if I remember right. The side story have some connection with the level upper arc.
arena149Nov 14, 2012 7:40 AM
Jan 16, 2013 10:41 AM
Oct 2012
I want WWIII
Jan 24, 2013 1:28 AM

Sep 2012
Broadcast Date confirmed:

IT WILL START FROM THIS APRIL !!!!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jan 24, 2013 4:55 AM

Nov 2011
symbv said:

Finally a spring show i'll be looking forward too.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jan 24, 2013 5:08 AM

Sep 2012
rederoin said:
Finally a spring show i'll be looking forward too.
Spring season is very competitive. Before this, OreImo 2nd is pretty much being looked forward to. Uta-Prince 2nd is of course strong contender for top attention (not for me but I am sure many are looking forward to it). And then there is the hugely popular manga Shingeki no Kyojin being adapted.

There are also plenty of robot anime in spring: Valvrave, Majestic Prince, Gargantia. Although I am not a robot fan, I still look forward to seeing how the robot genre may be heading to. I am also looking forward to my harem dosage of the season: Date A Live (PV seems impressive enough). Samurai Girls 2nd I won't miss either, though for that it is not the harem that is drawing me but the sumi sakuga art style. And I heard good things about Devil Survivor 2. And I will surely check out PhotoKano, YuyuShiki and Hentai Ouji, if only because I have seen or read part of the original game/manga/LN and want to see how they will be animated - ah, for that I should add Aku no Hana as well as I have read part of the manga too (though I am not sure I like it that much). Phew, already a very long list for me :-)
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jan 24, 2013 6:03 AM

Nov 2011
symbv said:

Sweet. Watching Index II now but overall Railgun is much better. So weird that the "side story" here is better than the "main story."

neontasterJan 24, 2013 6:27 AM
Jan 24, 2013 6:11 AM
Jul 2012
my life is complete.
Jan 24, 2013 3:40 PM

Feb 2009
OMFG
More Misaka
I'm so happy right now
Like many others, my life is now complete
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

18 by malvarez1 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by Badonkers »»
Yesterday, 12:31 PM

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

29 by RealNath »»
Yesterday, 9:11 AM

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - May 5

0 by Aiimee »»
May 5, 10:47 AM

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - May 5

0 by DatRandomDude »»
May 5, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.