Forum Settings
Forums

Fate/stay night for Carnival Phantasm? and 4koma manga rec

New
Sep 14, 2012 5:32 PM

Jun 2012
1. Is it worth it to watch Fate/stay night for Carnival Phantasm considering I've already watched Fate/Zero? Or could I just watch the Fate/stay night summary OVA?

2. I'm also looking for good 4koma manga. Any recommendations?
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Sep 14, 2012 5:35 PM

Sep 2012
You don't have to watch Fate/Stay Night for Carnival Phantasm, as there's nothing story related. CP is just a parody. I mean, I guess you could watch it to find out more about Emiya, who is actually in CP... Anyway, I would just recommend watching Fate/Stay Night anyway, since it's good.
Sep 14, 2012 5:39 PM

Jan 2008
1. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong as I'm no Type-Moon expert.

Carnival Phantasm uses characters from Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime, so there are a lot of characters you won't know unless you've seen them. Such as, Caster from FSN is not the same in FZ. Same with Rider, Beserker, etc.

You won't understand every joke/reference unless you've played the visual novel. This applies with Tsukihime as well. Though I will say that watching the anime will help you understand 'some' parts. I've never played any VN but I have played a couple of the Melty Blood games (Tsukihime) and I've seen both of the anime, I found it funny but lots of references I didn't get.
Sep 14, 2012 5:57 PM

Apr 2012
Watching the anime does nothing.

If you want to actually get the jokes in CP you need to PLAY F/SN, F/HA (for EX season), Tsukihime, Kagetsu Tohya, Melty Blood, Battle Moon Wars (optional), and read F/Z (optional).

F/E and F/TC are also optional.

If you aren't going to put in the effort to go through all of that then just don't watch CP because you will only be getting around 10% of the references and jokes.

Oh and don't listen to CLYDESDALE. He doesn't know what he's talking about.
BloodRequiemSep 14, 2012 6:03 PM
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Sep 14, 2012 6:12 PM

Jun 2012
I plan on reading Tsukihime, but I can't play the VNs...

So it's totally not worth watching CP at all if I don't play them? I don't need to understand all the jokes as long as it's still entertaining.
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Sep 14, 2012 6:16 PM

Apr 2012
taketori said:
I plan on reading Tsukihime, but I can't play the VNs...

So it's totally not worth watching CP at all if I don't play them? I don't need to understand all the jokes as long as it's still entertaining.

The jokes are what makes it entertaining.
The Tsukihime manga is good but it's only Arcueid's route. You are missing out stuff from 4 other routes. I'd say around 60% of the Tsukihime jokes are from Melty Blood so if you aren't playing all of the VNs then you will only be getting around 10% of the jokes.

An example of what you are going to miss is a lot of gameplay mechanic references and gameplay scene references.

There are no references to Zero except for a brief scene in the last episode.
BloodRequiemSep 14, 2012 6:28 PM
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.

More topics from this board

» turn your brain off op mc with zero drama

isseixkoneko - Yesterday

4 by mo_lave »»
10 hours ago

» Pure Adventure Anime Like Laputa: Castle In The Sky?

Enderobot - May 16

8 by LoveYourSmile »»
Today, 3:22 AM

» Chinese anime recommendation

NaTsu879 - May 16

6 by ST63LTH »»
Yesterday, 11:48 PM

» Looking for anime like Aria the Animation and Shiroi Suna no Aquatope

AdityaRizkiS - Apr 27

5 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Yesterday, 11:32 PM

» Hidden gems on crunchyroll

Ruskimeister - May 16

8 by PostMahouShoujo »»
Yesterday, 3:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.