Forum Settings
Forums

full blown, unrelentless, and shameless fanservice or mature/serious anime

New
Jun 1, 2012 2:05 PM

Dec 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR2l219dH5E

1) I've just seen the trailer for Freezing by Funimation and I am motivated to watch more ecchi/fanservice shows. If there's any you think I don't have on my list which you think I may like post them in this topic and I'll think about it.

A little preference though, I dropped Freezing because the main guy was annoying to me. I don't want to watch anything with an annoying male main character nowadays. So unlike Freezing, I finished something like High School of the Dead. So, a decent male character or none at all like the Queen's Blade series would be nice. Well I'm probably not going to pick anything on my dropped list back up unless there's not much suggestion then maybe I'll try Freezing again.

2) Anime like Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Planetes (kind of boring but episode 17+ was really good on the dream of going to Jupiter and the main character's motivation), Cowboy Bebop. Big request I know....Boils down to not being a shounen, and there is maturity/seriousness in the anime. It should try to be realistic too, because this is why I don't like Black Lagoon.

If there's not much else maybe I'll just watch Rose of Versailles or Utena since these two are often held in pretty high regards...
Jun 1, 2012 2:45 PM

Dec 2011
I'll give some ecchi recommendations.

To LOVE-Ru
Rosario + Vampire
Zero no Tsukaima

I don't want to recommend anything I haven't watched yet.
Jun 1, 2012 3:08 PM

Apr 2012
Try Mayo Chiki, Queens Blade: only anime I rated a 1 xD
Jun 1, 2012 3:14 PM

Sep 2011
those are like the 2 polar oppossites

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 1, 2012 3:48 PM

Mar 2009
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
those are like the 2 polar oppossites
--No kidding! But that's o.k.
I can't help with the ecchi stuff. For the most part, it's just not my thing. In fact, considering that you gave Mouryou no Hako a 5, FLAG, Grave of the Fireflies and Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin a 4, Himitsu: Top Secret a 2, and Mushishi a 1, I'm not sure I can be much help at all but we'll give it a shot. Oh, not putting you down for your estimation of them, just saying that on some things, our taste diverges considerably.

.Anime Title - .Year - .Eps - .My Rating
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Jun 1, 2012 3:52 PM

Apr 2012
I was just confused if he wants both types of animㅌ, or an anime which combines them
Jun 1, 2012 9:44 PM
Dec 2011
HighSchool DxD (not exactly realistic, but the main character gets considerably stronger as the show progresses... and it's pretty damn funny at times)

Sora no Otoshimono

Omamori Himari

Sekirei

Freezing (MC is a little bit less of a spineless wimp later on)
Jun 1, 2012 9:58 PM

Dec 2010
Cool. I've seen clips of To Love Ru and it's okay. Will pass on vampire stuff as I'm not into it at all.

DYRE said:
Strike Witches, for fanservice. Various aspects of your list kind of confuse me (you dropped Yu Yu Hakusho at 3 episodes, but still gave it an 8, for instance) so I have a hard time telling what your tastes actually are, but... maybe you'll like it.

Same for Strike Witches. I watched random episodes of Yu Yu Hakusho a long time ago and it was good. I added it to my list so I won't forget that I've seen some of it. I don't think I'll finish watching it because it has a lot of episodes and I have to be run out of anime to watch first. This reminds me, I've seen some Tenchi Muyo, but don't know which version. Need to add that to my list..

@Lisnoire

Mouryou no Hako> They've lost me. They talked so much I was just bored of it because I couldn't follow their reasoning. It started off interesting then it seems like their conversations were going off topic all the time. I forgot why they talk about this or that.

Rainbow > I did not like the first half at all, and only liked the second half. That's why I didn't give it a lower score.

Mushishi > I don't understand the fascination on a lot supernatural/magic, but especially in Mushishi.

Oh good list...I've already seen Ruroun Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen, just forgot to added to my list...I'll get on Madlax, Rose of Versailles, and El Cazador de la Bruja from your list.
CaptLuffy said:
I was just confused if he wants both types of animㅌ, or an anime which combines them

Doesn't matter to me so separate or together is fine. I really like how anime like Seikon No Qwaser has a plot and can be serious about it including having serious faces during booby time.

Thanks everyone.
Mika_InamoriJun 1, 2012 10:01 PM
Jun 1, 2012 10:05 PM

Mar 2009
@Mika_Inamori - Hope you didn't feel like you had to defend not liking said shows. I was just concerned about being able to recommend anything you would like. :-)
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Jun 2, 2012 12:03 AM

Dec 2011
Seikon no Qwaser for sure.
"Neither devil nor death. I am just murder."
Jun 2, 2012 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
Full blown fan service:

1. Highschool DxD
2. To love-ru
Jun 2, 2012 8:26 AM

Jan 2012
As previously mentioned - Highschool DxD - To love-ru.
First now realised that I can't get a signature because disabled BBCode e.e
Jun 2, 2012 8:49 AM

Sep 2011
The "Kara no Kyoukai: The Garden of Sinners" films are a good example of a mature series. Its genre is supernatural, thriller, romance, action. While I personally consider it a masterpiece, I don't know if you'll like it or not.
ronriJun 2, 2012 8:53 AM

More topics from this board

» new anime recs?

lizzziziz - Yesterday

8 by TheSunLife »»
3 hours ago

» Next Anime/Manga

Blubz1 - 8 hours ago

0 by Blubz1 »»
8 hours ago

» Good romantic anime

Roni1703 - Yesterday

8 by Roni1703 »»
Today, 11:06 AM

» TV SERIES ABOVE 2005 WHICH ALREADY FINISH

dusitz - Today

3 by M2zC »»
Today, 9:32 AM

» idea blo

blackmirrorerror - Yesterday

3 by M2zC »»
Today, 9:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.