Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sankarea
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jun 29, 2023 2:00 AM

Aug 2017
The father is something...disgusting. 

Ranko fanservice was delicious.
Jul 1, 2023 12:39 AM
May 2023
is there no reincarnation genre in this anime?
Aug 3, 2023 3:09 PM
Oct 2017
I'm impressed and pleasantly surprised at the emotional depth that this anime is showing so far. I thought it would be a sudden gf gag anime but I still wanted to give it a shot since I was compelled by the idea. Chihiros fixiation with zombies is peculiar but I know of kids and people with similar fixiations and I can relate to it as well, I remember one time I cried really hard when I saw my boyfriend is a zombie when I was a little kid because I related to the zombie character, I felt wrong, broken, like an ugly monster, and I also wanted to be loved.

I feel that Chihiro's fixiation with the zombie world is still up to interpretation, but I remember one scene last episode when one of the zombies asked to not kill them just because they were zombies, and if we go for that angle, we could say that Chihiro perhaps finds a comfort in looking for people that are weird or unpleasant and conventional eyes, but are still people in the side, meaning a will or wish to try and understand those who are different or rejected by their peers. Sankarea's character has also a lot of heavy emotional baggage and some topics and plots that have to be treated with caution, like it is the sexual abuse by her father. The anime only goes so far as the dad taking pictures of her, but you could argue it could represent more despicable acts of him in real life. If she turns into a zombie, this could represent how she feels broken or weird due to her shattered self image caused by her abusive father, and her relationship with Chihiro might turn into an opportunity to heal.

I have deeply related to the idea of ghosts and ghosts girls as well and the feeling of being more dead than alive due to depression issues, and I could say some of the feelings represented as well in a zombie character, so I want to know what it is going to happen next.

There are some weird fan service shots but nothing I haven't seen in anime before. I still will be cautious of my own expectations since in MAL a rating below 8 means it is not a classic, but I appreciate the ideas that this anime has given to me until now for future stories.
Aug 3, 2023 8:09 PM
Oct 2017
Also the OP song is really beautiful, and I like the animation scenes.
Oct 11, 2023 1:44 PM

Dec 2022
Rea's friend advised her to ask her obsessive dad to stop his annual nude photography session, and then suddenly had no idea what Rea would've told him? She must have an especially bad case of short term memory loss.

The zombie formula actually worked on Babu eventually. Given the distance he travelled when he jumped out the window, the formula must radically improve physical attributes.

Ranko is so hot. Would be great to have a cousin like that.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 19, 2012

268 by 5hadow17 »»
Mar 16, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2012

303 by DrAkiMakura »»
Feb 9, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2012

149 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 8:16 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 7, 2012

160 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:33 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 31, 2012

134 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.