Forum Settings
Forums

President of Visual Arts Understands Little Busters Fans' Anxiety over J.C. Staff

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Nov 11, 2012 3:30 AM

Sep 2011
Inver said:
Leon-Gun said:
You can't make a diamond out of shit.

KyoAni can.

Yeah right because any series directed by KyoAni can turn into gold.

*Facepalm*

Nov 11, 2012 4:14 AM

Oct 2007
Sa-chan_ said:
Inver said:
Leon-Gun said:

KyoAni can.

*Facepalm*
Of course. Look at K-ON!. Manga is below average 4koma. Anime is masterpiece.

Hyouka was average, forgotten LN. From what I see, anime is one the best selling mysteries and probably #1 if you don't count those with action (Drrr!!) plus it boosted LN's sales to high tier.

If anything, I would say KyoAni specializes in turning shit source into gold anime.
Nov 11, 2012 4:24 AM

Sep 2012
Progeusz said:
Hyouka was average, forgotten LN. From what I see, anime is one the best selling mysteries and probably #1 if you don't count those with action (Drrr!!) plus it boosted LN's sales to high tier.
Just to be clear, Hyouka is not considered or categorized as LN in Japan. It can be said that KyoAni deliberately took it as a challenge to animate it just to see how well it could use its KyoAni style to adapt this non-LN novel.

And it is not always successful turning everything into gold anime. Just look at Nichijou. Despite all the stunning sakuga/animation and moe tricks it deployed, the anime sold miserably.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 11, 2012 4:31 AM

Jun 2009
symbv said:
Progeusz said:
Just to be clear, Hyouka is not considered or categorized as LN in Japan. It can be said that KyoAni deliberately took it as a challenge to animate it just to see how well it could use its KyoAni style to adapt this non-LN novel.

And it is not always successful turning everything into gold anime. Just look at Nichijou. Despite all the stunning sakuga/animation and moe tricks it deployed, the anime sold miserably.

I realize that you are probably talking purely about sales here, but Nichijou was still a pretty solid comedy.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 11, 2012 5:13 AM

Sep 2012
insan3soldiern said:
I realize that you are probably talking purely about sales here, but Nichijou was still a pretty solid comedy.
I have nothing against Nichijou, but we are talking about the thesis of "KyoAni can turn anything into gold anime", right?

As I said before, KyoAni loves a challenge. Their decision to animate Nichijou surprised many when it was first announced because while some people love its surreal humor, many do not see how it can become a big seller - its humor can be really an acquired taste (I also read the original manga so I know). KyoAni tried hard, really hard, to make an entertaining anime filled with moe appeal out of the manga, and it also managed to attract good amount of buzz among anime fans when it was aired. But at the end the anime slowed turned into an "air anime" that people felt indifferent about, and its sale was very disappointing (and it was not helped by the over-expensive Kadokawa price of the BD). Personally I find Nichijou has very high production and animation quality, but the humor is something that does not work for everyone (I myself find perhaps slightly more than half of the jokes funny).
symbvNov 11, 2012 5:18 AM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 11, 2012 6:10 AM

Sep 2011
Progeusz said:
Sa-chan_ said:
Inver said:
Leon-Gun said:

KyoAni can.

*Facepalm*
Of course. Look at K-ON!. Manga is below average 4koma. Anime is masterpiece.

If anything, I would say KyoAni specializes in turning shit source into gold anime.

And that concludes they're overrated just because being a KyoAni show.

Nov 11, 2012 6:18 AM

Oct 2007
@Nichijou - nobody's perfect, some flops are bound to happen. Still, KyoAni looks much better than any other studio when you consider difference between source material and final product.
Sorry, I just treat Kotenbu as LN to make things simpler.

@symbv, as you know both anime and manga - which do you consider better? By how much?

Personally, I loved Nichijou OVA (ep 00) but in anime good gags were mixed with bad ones and because all of them are extremely long, people (including me) were really bored during missed gags while they would easily go over them if they were shorter. I think Nichijou could do much better if it was one-cour series with most of questionable (more likely to miss) gags cut out. I got behind quite a bit and when I heard from friends that things aren't becoming better, I simply dropped the series. After watching some vids on YT which showed better scenes from later episodes, I started to doubt this decision. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case with other otaku and they rented Nichijou from stores/friends later instead of buying it. And maybe bought it afterwards but Oricon didn't report it. That's all theorymon but I think it's possible to some extent.

When I was talking about gold, I meant both sales success, actual quality and also relative improvement over source material. I'm not sure if it changes anything but I wanted to specify now.
ProgeuszNov 11, 2012 6:27 AM
Nov 11, 2012 7:43 AM

Sep 2012
Progeusz said:
@symbv, as you know both anime and manga - which do you consider better? By how much?
To be honest, the anime and the manga can be almost a different beast. This is what KyoAni does, it takes a title and molds it into its KyoAni style, and in the process add or change quite a bit of elements inside. This happens to K-On, Nichijou, Hyouka and culminate in Chuunibyou, where they even get half of the main cast as anime original characters. The manga is sparse and quiet in presentation, whereas in the anime it looks hyperactive and full of cute effects. The manga can pretty a dry and austere read, but that kind of fit its dry humor well in my opinion. When you watch a KyoAni anime, you look for the KyoAni characteristics and you get plenty of them, as well as very high level animation and sound/art production. In summary, if you love a good anime production, KyoAni anime is still a wonder to behold, although personally I would say that the humor, as delivered in the sparse and dry manner in manga, works better in the manga.

Progeusz said:
I think Nichijou could do much better if it was one-cour series with most of questionable (more likely to miss) gags cut out.
Actually I think KyoAni realized that too. Nichijou was later rebroadcast in another TV station, the public network NHK (this does not happen often at all, so it is surprising that it happened), and the series was actually cut down into 1-cour. Feedback seems to be better there.

Interestingly Amazon Japan is doing a wagon sale now with a bunch of BDs in deep discount. Those Nichijou BDs now got at least 65% off its listed price. Not sure if it is an indication that Amazon (or Kadokawa) stocked up too many Nichijou BDs and failed to sell them.

Nov 11, 2012 8:15 AM

Aug 2011
I would have hated it if Nichijou was only 12 episodes, I fucking loved every second (except the OVA), I kid you not I laughed at everything they did.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

9 by Maumuu »»
20 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 2 hours ago

5 by Maumuu »»
22 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
6 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.