Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Persona 4
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 1, 2012 9:03 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A guy writing on a notebook.

The main guy getting the letter to everyone. Naoto couldn't find the sender, but she guessed that he's somewhere near. Naoto is not sure if she should be with them because she doesn't think on the same page.

The deliveryman... Cousin girl has fever and he takes care of her. She feels lonely when the main guy leaves the spring.

Blurry screen at first.

lol @ broken kotatsu.

Another suspicious letter that Uncle got suspicious of him, and asking him the truth. The main guy did but uncle doesn't believe what he said. He's being closed in the room like jail.

Kuma and Junez guy helping out. He got Kuma cellphone.

While calling, someone visiting cousin girl.

The main saw cousin girl on TV from the room the main guy's in!!

Cousin girl got missing, and the TV that broadcasted is her school. After the detective guy is checked, she told the guys. Uncle is pissed, but they are not allowed to go.

Girls, who caught up, talking to guys through the door. Detective guy being calm and do detective thing and at the same time explaining to the police. The deliveryman is the one!! The girl on the dream world's man?? He led them go.

Uncle saw the truck. Car chase and found the notebook of who got captured. Being the savior of those on TV?? The red letter that cousin girl has is with TV and is a gift for him. Uncle, who got hurt, entrusting the main guy to save her.

In the end... the cousin girl is in danger?!
tsubasaloverMar 1, 2012 10:29 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 1, 2012 9:11 AM

May 2010
Don't Save Anyone Anymore"

Death Note anyone? lol....Nice to see the gang in winter wear, i believe it's new gear for everyone except Naoto? Speaking of which, Naoto maxed out? Also, young Naoto was nice to see, she hasn't changed a bit, lol.

Someone has appeared on the Midnight Channel. Thought Dojima's face was funny when giving Yu the threatening letter... Anyways, Yu's been caught now and the ridiculous truth has put him further in..

Nanako was the one on the midnight channel. - And while she's about to be kidnapped and thrown into the TV, Yu is stuck basically in "jail". What luck, eh? Nanako just seems to have something bad happen within atleast each episode.. As expected, the gang is going ape shit about it... And wow, real emotion from Yu..LMAO @ Chie about to kick Adachi's ass, Oh how I wish...Damn Yukiko for holding her back..

The deliveryman? Is the kidnapper? Car Chase! Followed by an accident, ending it with Dojima being hurt.. They found the notebook of the victims of the kidnappings, it had The Announcer, Saki Konishi, Yukiko Amagi, Kanji Tatsumi, Rise Kujikawa and Naoto.. So it's safe to say at this point, Namatame's the one throwing people in.

This episode was a masterpiece. 5/5. Definitely felt the frustration to help Nanako. And they made Namatame seem a bit more out of it, awesome.

Next Scent: "It's just like Heaven." My fellow gameplayers - the heaven sneak peak was done justice(pun not intended), even with the shitty quality I had, it looked really great.
Mar 1, 2012 9:43 AM

May 2009
Just watched it. Finally, things are getting nice.

AiNoHikariToKageMar 1, 2012 10:55 AM
Mar 1, 2012 11:46 AM

Apr 2011
This episode was just EPIC.
So on, keep this level until the end!

I think that the next episode will be epic too - it's my favourite part from the game.
They don't dare to do it wrong (I hope).
Mar 2, 2012 12:53 PM

Apr 2009
"You do not have much time left. Will you be able to find the truth?"

Good question, Margaret. A very good question indeed.

Also, I predict a summoning of the ultimate Justice Persona (never got it, so I don't know its name).

So a thought crossed my mind while watching this episode- IS there a full version of Key Plus Words and Way of Memories? I figured they would be out by now, but I haven't seen them anywhere .-.
red_meatMar 2, 2012 1:24 PM
Mar 2, 2012 1:48 PM

Apr 2010
Holy fuck. This episode was done so well, and who could have known that Yu could react like this too.

Definitely 5/5.
Mar 2, 2012 3:04 PM

Oct 2011
RealScreamer said:
Speaking of which, Naoto maxed out? .

no Naoto was not maxed out, those who have been maxed have two pics in the ending

any one think there might be a season two to include the winter months that are going to be in P4 the golden because they have not maxed out brosuke or Naoto and I don’t see them being maxed out in the next couple of episodes
Mar 2, 2012 3:45 PM

Jun 2011
Ah yes, finally. We're getting to the good part.
Mar 2, 2012 3:47 PM

Sep 2011
Holy crap, this episode is just a real masterpiece, thanks to the mystery and suspense. + a whacky car chase scene :D And I'm really happy also for Naoto's Social Link getting up and up.
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Mar 2, 2012 4:05 PM

Jul 2009
now time to go back and see how many times that guy/truck appears in the previous episodes...
Mar 2, 2012 4:29 PM

Apr 2010
jeroz said:
now time to go back and see how many times that guy/truck appears in the previous episodes...

a lot of times, more than in the game, where
Mar 2, 2012 4:38 PM

Jan 2011
at the very start i was already like *sadface not looking forward whats to come* they did this part really well and that car chase was the only part i remembered that was animated in the game lol

two thought going through my head while watching this (warning)

Mar 2, 2012 4:49 PM

Jul 2009
kratos_aurion said:
jeroz said:

a lot of times, more than in the game, where

The second time I played through the game,

Anyway... this episode... feels bad, man.

Oh, and I'm kinda glad that they changed the order of events slightly (namely, Narukami telling Dojima everything after getting to the police station instead of before they leave the house), because it kinda patches up the question of why he couldn't just shove his arm in the TV to prove it and therefore never have to leave Nanako alone.

...Can it be next week now? Waiting is gonna be harder than usual this time.
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Mar 2, 2012 5:20 PM

May 2011
This is going to be intense.
I just hope no one will die.
Mar 2, 2012 5:53 PM

Jul 2010
We're finally at the best part of the whole game, and it's off to a fantastic start. I can't wait for next week.
Mar 2, 2012 6:28 PM
Apr 2011
Good.
Mar 2, 2012 7:57 PM

May 2011
SHIT, SON, THAT WAS INTENSE
If I die and I find that I had a soul inside,
Promise me you'll take it up to its final ride...
Mar 2, 2012 9:12 PM

Apr 2011
That was an intense episode! :D
Mar 2, 2012 9:30 PM

Nov 2011
Omg i hope they play the heaven theme when they are in the dungeon, thats like one of my fav theme in persona 4
Mar 2, 2012 9:34 PM

Apr 2010
Amazing Episode. Can't wait for next week.
Mar 2, 2012 11:25 PM

Sep 2008
Uguu, not Nanako~

>That feel when you'll never have a little sister that doesn't want you to leave for college
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2012 11:37 PM

Dec 2011
need commie subs/480p Ver D:

I Am Fujoshi~ so what?
I am M! and love punishment~
Mar 3, 2012 3:10 AM
Nov 2010
Good episode, I guess we're coming into the finale now?
Mar 3, 2012 3:11 AM

Jul 2009
in gaming terms, the party has pretty much finished up with most if not all the sidequests, and is now on the final stretch.
jerozMar 3, 2012 8:30 PM
Mar 3, 2012 1:30 PM
Feb 2012
Dear lord!

It's more intense than in the game, this anime is really living up to the standards that the game set imo.
The suspense is almost unbearable (Teddy would have been proud of that pun)
Mar 3, 2012 2:08 PM

Mar 2008
The anime has gotten a LOT better I feel in recent episodes. Before about 15 or so this was a pain for me to watch.
Mar 3, 2012 4:00 PM

Feb 2012
To be honest, that was a pretty anticlimactic because I was expecting the culprit to be someone we all knew
Mar 3, 2012 4:30 PM

Jul 2009
to be fair that guy appeared a lot in the previous episodes, but we just don't pay much attention to him. Go back to the previous arcs (e.g. Kanji, Rise) and you'll find signs of him popping up.
Mar 3, 2012 5:10 PM

Jul 2009
jeroz said:
to be fair that guy appeared a lot in the previous episodes, but we just don't pay much attention to him. Go back to the previous arcs (e.g. Kanji, Rise) and you'll find signs of him popping up.

Heck, even further back than that. He's mentioned in the first half of the first episode.
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Mar 3, 2012 8:19 PM

Sep 2011
Finally a serious episode :D
Mar 3, 2012 9:03 PM

Oct 2010
That was very intense! Now if only the rest of the anime matched this quality. I guess you can't have it all, though. :/
Eat some steak and scoot up to bed~
Mar 3, 2012 10:27 PM

Aug 2010
best episode yet. The suspense was done really well. I knew nanako was going to be kidnapped.
Mar 3, 2012 11:30 PM

Apr 2010
I Hope Persona will evolve
Mar 4, 2012 12:39 AM
Dec 2007
jimjameswhatever said:
To be honest, that was a pretty anticlimactic because I was expecting the culprit to be someone we all knew
You actually do know him though. Namatame shows up at the very start of the story, and several times through it. And in the game you can actually spot him through every investigation scene before the kidnappings and throughout town, moping about his dead wife. That said, you get to see the dead-fish eyed kid who kills buckteeth Morokin talking crap about people too.

Mar 4, 2012 1:28 AM

Jul 2009
Tamura said:

massive gattai incoming? :P

we got 2, and then a 6, what's next? 10?12?
Mar 4, 2012 2:40 AM
Dec 2007
jeroz said:
Tamura said:

massive gattai incoming? :P

we got 2, and then a 6, what's next? 10?12?
Going strictly by the game his Ultimate Persona is a 12 Personae fusion (just to put it in perspective, you can only carry 12 Personae at one time in the game, so basically you fused all of them).

Mar 4, 2012 3:05 AM

Mar 2009
WhiteFrenzy said:
SHIT, SON, THAT WAS INTENSE

QUOTE.
❝ throughout heaven and earth,
I alone am the honored one. ❞

My candies! (●'◡'●)ノ♥
Mar 4, 2012 3:59 AM

Jun 2011
Wow this episode was really well done, probably the best episode by far. Also the ending scene where everyone was wearing their glasses and preparing for a fight was really epic
Mar 4, 2012 5:22 AM

May 2008
awesome episode my fav so far can't wait to see how they will save Nanako!!! hopefully they follow the game!
Mar 4, 2012 6:07 AM

Oct 2011
This was an amazing episode, although I remember Adachi being less of a pushover and being a little cooler when they were at the station (for a change). Guess that's the English dub of the game for you.

Speaking of in the station, I enjoyed the fact you got to see Yu's explanation of his involvement to Dojima instead of just skipping over them:

Yu: "We go into TVs and beat shadows by summoning perso..."
*smack*
Dojima: "WTF you on child!? I am Disappoint."

I love how Yu was finally portrayed as emotional about something. Heaven looks good for next episode. In terms of pacing however, they need another couple of episodes to play with. Maybe the original 25 was only an estimate?
Mar 4, 2012 6:36 AM

Jan 2011
That was amazing, the part where uncle chased the delivery man was really well done.
First time Yu is emotional (as far as I can remember).
Next episode will be about Nanako's fate.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 4, 2012 10:31 AM
Jun 2009
I remember this part of the game. I was pretty shocked when it happened, because the foreshadowing for her kidnapping was less subtle.

I took a step into her dungeon, listened to the track, and resolved to rescue her on the same day. I was PISSED.
Mar 4, 2012 10:55 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
So the end of next episode could be where shit is going to hit the fans.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 4, 2012 12:20 PM

Jun 2009
Now I now what I'm going to do during spring break...finish playing the game

T^T
Mar 4, 2012 4:46 PM
Dec 2007
Great episode, probably better directed than in the game itself. I won't say much more than that, but things are definitely very different from what they seem right now. Well, a deductive and focused spectator should have already realised that a lot of hints we've been fed are somewhat fishy.

And now comes Nanako's Heaven. Or is it ? ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 4, 2012 5:23 PM

May 2010
Speaking of "Persona Evolve" -

finalmessenger said:
no Naoto was not maxed out, those who have been maxed have two pics in the ending

any one think there might be a season two to include the winter months that are going to be in P4 the golden because they have not maxed out brosuke or Naoto and I don’t see them being maxed out in the next couple of episodes

Forgot to see the ending to know, LOL. But yeah, I don't think a season 2 would be added, I think Naoto and Brosuke's links will be maxed during:

Then again, they could skip that because of the amount of time they have...
Mar 4, 2012 6:14 PM

Jan 2008
shadowtsunami said:
swordaxe said:
Omg i hope they play the heaven theme when they are in the dungeon, thats like one of my fav theme in persona 4

Of course they are going to play it. They played ever other one lol. I think there might be an S2 because of the upcoming video game for vita that introduces a new character.

While I don't doubt that they'll play Heaven, considering how popular it is....BULLSHIT, THEY DID NOT PLAY ALL THE DUNGEON THEMES T_________T.

WHERE was Secret Base!? HUH!?

;____;
Mar 4, 2012 6:21 PM

Jul 2009
RealScreamer said:
Speaking of "Persona Evolve" -

Mar 4, 2012 11:11 PM

Feb 2010
Finally the good part of the game.

If this is going to be 24 eps i prefer to be the good ending and ovas for the true ending.

i hope they dont rush the "good ending" part because that's the best fucking part of the game.
Mar 6, 2012 7:19 AM

Jul 2010
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 5, 2012

105 by zodismegalame »»
Jan 27, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

72 by NN010 »»
Nov 18, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2012

112 by NN010 »»
Nov 11, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

120 by Delphantasist »»
Nov 3, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Dr_Funkadelic - Mar 30, 2012

186 by DarkCanuck »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.